Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,987 members, 7,855,992 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:26 PM

How Not To Be Financially Disadvantaged In 2020 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Not To Be Financially Disadvantaged In 2020 (213 Views)

Foundation Launches Initiative To Empower Widows And Disadvantaged Children / Why 99% in their 20's Will never be Financially Free ❗ / If You Want To Be Successful Financially, Avoid These Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Be Financially Disadvantaged In 2020 by EngrCHM(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: How Not To Be Financially Disadvantaged In 2020 by Ladylite: 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
EngrCHM:
HOW NOT TO BE FINANCIALLY DISADVANTAGED IN 2020

Let me tell you my story.

Sometime in 2019 during my NYSC, I decided to invest a part of my savings. I went online, researched and the highest interest rate I saw was around 10% per annum. Which means that if I invested N50, 000, I would only make N5, 000 after 12 months! Imagine! There has to be better opportunities out there I said to myself. Later on, I came in contact with people I perceived are financially successful and this is what I learnt from them.

*INVEST IN YOURSELF*

The best investment you can make is the one you make in yourself. Reason is that, the more you learn, the more you earn. Then you will realize that people are ready to pay you more for being a better version of yourself.

There are effective ways of investing in yourself:

*1). Choose a career and be committed at getting better in it every day.* Attend seminars, conferences, take courses and study books that has to do with your career choice. The investment you make in yourself can never be taken away from you or lost.

*2). Learn a high-income skill.* There are many skills out there, but not all of them are high-income skills. A high-income skill is one which solves a high-value problem and as a result, people are willing and eager to pay highly for it.

Note: There is a difference between a job and a skill.

� A job can be taken away from you because it was given. A skill can never be taken from you because it’s in you.

� It will take you many years of study to qualify for a job. It will take you weeks or few months, to learn a skill and start making money with it.

*Programming, public speaking, web design, graphics design, digital marketing, copywriting are some examples of high-income skills.*

Some of these skills do not require extensive training. The class I conduct on Copywriting and Upwork is for 5 days and you can use what you learnt from the class to start making money. You just need to learn the basics, start from it and then scale.

*3). Have multiple streams of income*
You must have been hearing about multiple streams of income. You will better understand the concept by listening to Bob Proctor. Look at Dangote, the man has more than 20 streams of income so even if some of his businesses fails, he will still have enough to meet his needs.

You have multiple streams of expenditure. Is it not logical to have also multiple streams of income? Just imagine how much better your life will be if you have multiple streams of income where all you’ll need to get started is a smart phone and an internet connection.

Be motivated and take a step today.
WhatsApp me 07069751639.

Well, in your time there was no COVID 19

(1) (Reply)

'insurance' Project Topics And Materials For Final Year Students. / Certified Courses For A Geologist / Nairaland - Collosal Sanction Or Appraisal On Moderator Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.