Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

“is Jesus Christ God?” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “is Jesus Christ God?” (431 Views)

Jesus Christ: God's Special Gift to Humanity / Jesus Christ, God The Son. Holy Ghost, God The Spirit. / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“is Jesus Christ God?” by Devotionals: 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: “is Jesus Christ God?” by Edyice: 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
Yes
JESUS is LORD

JESUS is God

Jesus disciples asked him how can we see the FATHER
Jesus said those who has seem me has seen my FATHER.... John 14 : 9

1 Like

Re: “is Jesus Christ God?” by Janosky: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Edyice:
Yes
JESUS is LORD

JESUS is God

Please explain John 20:17,30-31 and Revelation 3:5,11,12,21.
Shalom
Re: “is Jesus Christ God?” by Edyice: 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
Janosky:

Please explain John 20:17,30-31 and Revelation 3:5,11,12,21.
Shalom

grin I like this dude grin

Hope you have come across a popular verse in the Bible know to be 3 in 1 God

GOD THE FATHER
GOD THE SON
GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT ( I am still doing more studying about this sha)

Re: “is Jesus Christ God?” by DerickCO(m): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2020
Jesus is God:
1. Emmanuel means "God With Us" (not God is with us), therefore showing that Jesus has a name that indicates if He is with us, then God is with us. This means he is God.

2. The Bible directly states that Jesus is God in a number of passages. Taken by themselves, these verses provide enough evidence for the church to believe in and teach the deity of Jesus Christ. But the indirect evidence of Scripture is equally compelling.

The names of God are often applied to Jesus. He is called "the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father" and "Immanuel" (meaning "God with us"wink. Elsewhere Jesus is called "The Lord (Jehovah) our Righteousness," "God" and "Son of God."

The Bible ascribes the characteristics of deity to Jesus Christ. He is described as eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent and immutable.

Jesus Christ is equal with God the Father. He is worshiped as God. His name is assigned equal standing with God the Father in the church's baptismal formula and in the apostolic benediction.

Christ performed works which only God can do. He is creator. He is the upholder of all things. He forgives sin. He will raise the dead and execute judgment.

Jesus Christ Himself claimed deity. He taught His disciples to pray in His name. He claimed that He and the Father were one and that He was the Son of God. He claimed that to know Him was to know God, to see Him was to see God, to receive Him was to receive God, to believe Him was to believe in God and to honor Him was to honor God, while to hate Him was to hate God.

I hope I'm clear

Re: “is Jesus Christ God?” by Janosky: 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
Edyice:

grin I like this dude grin

Hope you have come across a popular verse in the Bible know to be 3 in 1 God

GOD THE FATHER
GOD THE SON
GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT ( I am still doing more studying about this sha)

Please research this topic
"Johanine comma".
Please post on this forum what you have discovered after your research, everyone can learn from it..
Shalom
Re: “is Jesus Christ God?” by Janosky: 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
Edyice:
Yes
JESUS is LORD

JESUS is God

The landlord,your father sent you with a Quit Notice to his tenants,you delivered his Quit notice to them by hand.
The tenants said the landlord delivered the Quit Notice to them by hand.
Are you the landlord?
That is what Jesus is saying in John 14:9. (Compare 1 Corinthians 3:23).

Please explain John 7:16.John 17:3.John 3:16-17
Re: “is Jesus Christ God?” by Edyice: 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2020
Janosky:

The landlord,your father sent you with a Quit Notice to his tenants,you delivered his Quit notice to them by hand.
The tenants said the landlord delivered the Quit Notice to them by hand.
Are you the landlord?
That is what Jesus is saying in John 14:9. (Compare 1 Corinthians 3:23).

Please explain John 7:16.John 17:3.John 3:16-17

Uncle are you a Muslim?

(1) (Reply)

Thread Closed. / 10 Dangerous Arrows That Drain Anointing In The Lives Of Christians / Popular Pastor Caught Cheating Tenders Public Apology To His Wife (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.