Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,621 members, 7,813,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories (1813 Views)

Photos: christians perform drama depicting the crucifixion of Christ in Nigeria / Bishop Obinim Destroys Images Of Jesus Christ In His Church, Replaces With His / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2020
Jesus Christ and the Near-Death Experience

The following are some of the important insights concerning Jesus from many near-death accounts and my own research concerning the NDE and the Christian connection to it. There are many interesting experiences with Jesus from NDEs and many insights concerning him within them. Some of these experiences are humorous and all of them profound. There are many different descriptions of the appearance of Jesus which is because, as one person put it, Jesus appears to us in a way that we can recognize him. You will find all the various descriptions of Jesus from NDE accounts on this website. You will find interesting quotes and NDE insights concerning Jesus.

Table of Contents

1. NDE encounters with Jesus
2. Interesting experiences with Jesus
3. NDE descriptions of Jesus
4. A comparison of NDE descriptions of Jesus
5. Quotes by Jesus during NDEs
6. NDE insights concerning Jesus
7. Religious insights concerning Jesus
8. Ten reasons why Jesus went to the cross
Return to Top
1. NDE encounters with Jesus

Multi-colored icon. The following is a list of some very interesting encounters with Jesus that near-death experiencers had during their NDE:

1. Jesus rescued a man from hell when he cried out for him. (Rev. Howard Storm)

2. Jesus pled a woman's case before God in order to take her out of hell. (Angie Fenimore)

3. Jesus hugged a woman and she described it as feeling like a million volts of electricity going through her. (Susan)

4. Jesus gave a man a hug and told him to, "Go and hug others." (John P.)

5. A woman was carried in the arms of Jesus toward the light of heaven. (Linda Stewart)

6. Jesus turned into a giant sphere of light and absorbed a man with the ecstasy of love. (Carter Mills)

7. Jesus told a gay man that he would send guardian angels to help him when he returned. It was two gay men who helped him. (Dr. Liz Dale's research)

8. Jesus said to a child, "Will you come unto me?" The child told Jesus, "No." (David Goines)

9. Jesus told a child that because of his visit to heaven the child would never be the same again. (Randy Gehling)

10. Jesus told a child that her heart condition was given to her to stay compassionate. (Lynn)

11. A man realized that the light of Jesus is everything in the universe including himself. (Thomas Sawyer)

12. A woman saw a beautiful valley with people in it and Jesus was looking over it all. (Kerry Kirk)

13. A woman saw Jesus turn sideways and stretch out his arms as a bridge between her and God. (Valvita Jones)

14. Jesus told a man to turn around and when he did he saw himself being pulled out of the car wreckage. (David Dawson)

15. Jesus gave a man something to eat that tasted like chocolate. After the man ate it, Jesus informed him that he just ate the Bible and because of this, he will remember its contents. (Emanuel Tuwagirairmana)

16. Jesus gave a man a guided tour through four afterlife realms. (Dr. George Ritchie)

17. A blind woman was reluctant to return until Jesus told her that she is going to have children. (Vicki Umipeg)

18. Jesus revealed a woman's mission to her in order to encourage her to return. (Betty Eadie)

19. Jesus had a child look into a television-like device to see her future. (Clara)

20. Jesus and a man together traveled back in time to the Stone Age to watch cave men and women. (Guenter Wagner)

21. A man traveled back in time and lived in the minds of Jesus and his disciples. (Dr. George Rodonaia)

22. A man saw Jesus on a cross in heaven and Jesus glanced at him with a look of great love. (Dr. Gerard Landry)

23. A woman saw Jesus with blood on his robe and he told her, "This is the blood that I shed on the cross for your sins." (Lorraine Tutmarc)

24. Jesus gave a woman who attempted suicide the choice to either reincarnate or return to earth. (Sandra Rogers)

25. Jesus asked a woman if she wanted to be reincarnated. (Jeanie Dicus)

26. Jesus was observed summoning other beings to join him by producing a musical note which they could hear. (Rev. Howard Storm)

https://www.near-death.com/science/research/jesus.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
Angie Fenimore Near Death Experience involving JESUS CHRIST as the light when she (Angie Fenimore) attempted suicide

Excerpt from Beyond The Darkness

Angie Fenimore said

"I was passing over into a different sphere. My soul was disconnecting from my body with a hum that kept growing louder, rising to a whine as the vibration of death pulled me deeper.

I noticed that there was a large screen before me. I was being drawn into a three-dimensional slide show of my life that played out before my eyes chronologically, while I experienced every part of it from all points of view and all points of understanding. I knew exactly how each person felt who had ever interacted with me.

In particular, however, I was being shown in vivid detail exactly what my childhood was really like. The pictures flew past me, but I easily absorbed every moment, each one triggering an entire memory or a chunk of my life. So this was what people meant when they said, “My life flashed before my eyes.”

The closer I came to the end of my life, the faster the pictures flew past me. It was incredible! In an instant I had experienced the entirety of the twenty-seven years from my birth until the moment that I found myself dying on the couch and passing into the warm tunnel. Then the fast motion of my life rushing past and through me stopped abruptly.

Now what?

Where was I? I was immersed in darkness. My eyes seemed to adjust, and I could see clearly even though there was no light. The darkness continued in all directions and seemed to have no end, but it wasn’t just blackness, it was an endless void, an absence of light. It was completely enveloping.

I swung my head around to explore the thick blackness and saw, to my right, standing shoulder to shoulder, a handful of others. They were all teenagers.

“Oh, we must be the suicides.”

With a laugh, I opened my mouth, but before I could form the words, they came tumbling out. I wasn’t sure whether I had thought the words or had attempted to say them, but they were audible without my having to move my lips. Then I wasn’t sure if these other people had heard me, until the guy next to me responded.

He didn’t say a word to me. He slowly looked down at me and turned forward again. There was absolutely no expression on his face, no warmth or intelligence in his eyes. Suspended in darkness, he and all the others stood fixed in a thoughtless stupor.

Second over from the other end of the line was a girl who looked to be in her late teens. I was coming to see that feeling — what some call intuition or the sixth sense — was the preferred method of transferring information here, where unvoiced ideas grew audible. As I exercised my new power of sensing/feeling, I had an inkling that I was remembering a long-forgotten, natural, familiar skill that had been supplanted or subverted by words, and I quickly grew proficient at this new way of gaining knowledge.

But she did not connect with me. Her empty gaze, fixed on nothing, continued uninterrupted by my thoughts about her. She was just like the rest of them, staring blankly forward, with no concern or curiosity about where we were. They were dead, and so was I.

Suddenly, as if we had been waiting for a kind of sorting process to take place, I was sucked further into the darkness by an unseen and undefined power, leaving the teenagers behind. I landed on the edge of a shadowy realm, suspended in the darkness, extending to the limits of my sight.

I knew that I was in a state of hell, but this was not the typical fire and brimstone hell that I had learned about as a young child. The word purgatory rose, whispered, into my mind.

Men and women of all ages, but no children, were standing or squatting or wandering about on the realm. Some were mumbling to themselves. The darkness emanated from deep within and radiated from them in an aura I could feel. They were completely self-absorbed, every one of them too caught up in his or her own misery to engage in any mental or emotional exchange. They had the ability to connect with one another, but they were incapacitated by the darkness.

I gradually became aware of the sounds of a kaleidoscopic flurry of voices, and I realized that in this realm, thoughts were the mode of communication. Around me I could hear the buzz of thoughts, as if I were in a crowded movie theater with lights down low, picking up the sounds of hushed exchanges.

Sitting next to me was a man who appeared to be about sixty years old. This man’s eyes were totally without comprehension. Pathetically squatting on the ground, draped in filthy white robes, he wasn’t radiating anything, not even self-pity. I felt that he had absorbed everything there was to know here and had chosen to stop thinking. He was completely drained, just waiting. I knew that his soul had been rotting here forever. In this dark prison a day might as well be a thousand days or a thousand years.

I was sure that this man, like the middle-aged woman, had killed himself. His clothing suggested that he might have walked the Earth during Jesus Christ’s earthly ministry. I wondered if he was Judas Iscariot, who had betrayed the Savior and then hung himself. I felt that I should be embarrassed that I was thinking these things in his presence, where he could hear me.

As my mind reached for more information, I felt tremendous disappointment. I could feel and completely know about everything around me just by posing a question in my mind or by looking in any direction. The possibilities for learning were endless, but I had no books, no television, no love, no privacy, no sleep, no friends, no light, no growth, no happiness, and no relief — no knowledge to gain and no way to use it.

But worse was my growing sense of complete aloneness. Even hearing the brunt of someone’s anger, however unpleasant, is a form of tangible connection. But in this empty world, where no connections could be made, the solitude was terrifying.

Then I heard a voice of awesome power, not loud but crashing over me like a booming wave of sound; a voice that encompassed such ferocious anger that with one word it could destroy the universe, and that also encompassed such potent and unwavering love that, like the sun, it could coax life from the Earth. I cowered at its force and at its excruciating words:

“Is this what you really want?”

The great voice emanated from a pinpoint of light that swelled with each thunderous word until it hung like a radiant sun just beyond the black wall of mist that formed my prison. Though far more brilliant that the sun, the light soothed my eyes with its deep and pure white luminescence. I sensed that the light could not (or perhaps would not — I wasn’t sure) cross the barrier into the darkness. And I knew with complete certainty that I was in the presence of God.

He was a Being of Light, not just radiating light or illuminated from within, but he almost seemed to be made of the light. It was a light that had substance and dimension, the most beautiful, glorious substance that I have ever beheld. All beauty, all love, all goodness were contained in the light that poured forth from this being. But there is nothing that we are even capable of imagining that comes close to the magnitude of perfect love that this being poured into me.

While I was not remembering details of a life before my mortal birth, I was reacquainting myself with the life that I shared with the Father, a spirit life that seemed to extend to the beginning of the universe.

I could see that none of the others in the realm were aware of God’s presence. The man cowering next to me could see that I was focused on something, but it was apparent that he couldn’t see anything beyond the barrier. Others continued to babble unaware.

Then God spoke to me. His words were excruciating:

“Is this what you really want? Don’t you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?”

I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I’d thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.

And I’d felt trapped. I had been able to see no other choice but to die before I could do any more damage in life. So I answered:

“But my life is so hard.”

My thoughts were communicated so fast that they weren’t even completed before I absorbed his response:

“You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life.”

When the Father spoke, each of his words exploded into a complex of meanings, like fireworks, tiny balls of light that erupted into a billion bits of information, filling me with streams of vivid truth and pure understanding.

“Life’s supposed to be hard. You can’t skip over parts. We have all done it. You must earn what you receive.”

Suddenly I felt another presence with us, the same presence that had been with me when I first crossed over into death and who had reviewed my life with me. I recognized that he had been with us the whole time, but that I was only now becoming able to perceive him. Then I’d sensed his powerful, yet gentle personality, but now I could feel him so strongly that I could even ascertain his shape. What I could see were bits of light coming through the darkness, like tiny laser beams pinpricking a black sheet or like stars peeping through the blackness of a cloudless night. This light was unmistakably of the same brilliance as the glorious light that emanated from the Father, but my spiritual eyes were incapable of fully beholding it. My ability to see with my eyes was somehow linked to my willingness to believe.

The rays of light penetrated me with incredible force, with the power of an all-consuming love. This love was as pure and potent as the Father’s, but it had an entirely new dimension of pure compassion, of complete and perfect empathy. I felt that he not only understood my life and my pains exactly, as if he had actually lived my life, but that he knew everything about how to guide me through it; how my different choices could produce either more bitterness or new growth. Having thought all my life that no one could possibly understand what I had been through, I was now aware that there was one other person who truly did.

Through this empathy ran a deep vein of sorrow. He ached, he truly grieved for the pain I had endured, but even more for my failure to seek his comfort. His greatest desire was to help me. He mourned my blindness as a mother would mourn a dead child. Suddenly I knew that I was in the presence of the redeemer of the world.

He spoke to me through the veil of darkness:

“Don’t you understand? I have done this for you.”

As I was flooded with his love and with the actual pain that he bore for me, my spiritual eyes were opened. In that moment I began to see just exactly what it was that the Savior had done, how he had sacrificed for me. He showed me; He had taken me into himself, subsumed my life in his, embracing my experiences, my sufferings, as his own. And so for a second I was within his body, able to see things from his point of view and to experience his self-awareness. He let me in so I could see for myself how he had taken on my burdens and how much love he bore me.

And I knew where I had gone wrong. I had doubted his existence. I had questioned the authenticity of the scriptures because what they claimed seemed too good to be true. I had hoped that there was truth to the idea of a Savior who had given his life for me, but I had been afraid to really believe. To believe without seeing requires a great deal of trust. My trust had been violated so many times in my life that I had very little to spare. And so I had clung to my pain so tightly that I was willing to end my life rather than unburden myself and act on the chance that a Savior existed. He wanted to comfort me and to hold me, but we were separated by my responses to the lessons of life. He had been there for me all through my life, but I had not trusted him.

As I watched from the Savior’s perspective, his unique comprehension of my predicament was transferred to the Father. From my new perspective I saw God in profile as he was looking at my form. The Father and his Son’s communication was so rapid, so perfect, that they seemed to think each other’s thoughts in unison. Jesus was pleading my case. There was no conflict or argument here; Jesus’ understanding was accepted without dispute because he had all the facts. He was the perfect judge. He knew precisely where I stood in relation to my need for mercy and the universe’s need for justice. Now I could see that all the suffering in my mortal life would be temporary, and that it was actually for my good. Our sufferings on Earth need not be futile. Out of the most tragic of circumstances springs human growth.

As God the Father and Jesus were teaching me, their words picked up speed and power and then merged, so that they were saying the exact same things in the very same moment. They shared one voice, one mind, and the purpose, and I was deluged with pure knowledge.

I learned that just as there are laws of nature, of physics and probability, there are laws of spirit. One of these spiritual laws is that a price of suffering must be paid for every act of harm. I was painfully aware of the suffering I had caused my family and other people because of my own weaknesses. But now I saw that by ending my life, I was destroying the web of connections of people on Earth, possibly drastically altering the lives of millions, for all of us are inseparably linked, and the negative impact of one decision has the capacity to be felt throughout the world.

My children, certainly, would be gravely harmed by my suicide. I was given a glimpse of their future, not the events of their lives but rather energy, and the character that their lives would have. By abandoning my earthly responsibilities, I would influence my children, my oldest son in particular, to make choices that would lead him away from his divine purpose. Before Alex was born, I was told, he had agreed to perform specific tasks during his life on Earth. His duty was not revealed to me, but I felt the energy that his life would have up until his young adult years.

I was told that my children were great and powerful spirits and that up to this point in my life, I had not deserved them. I caught a glimpse of how deeply God loves my boys, and how, with my callous disregard for their welfare, I was tampering with the sacred will of God.

Then I was shown how I would harm other people close to me, such as my husband and my sister, Tony, by taking my life; and by extension, countless others. There were people on the Earth whom I would never meet who would be affected by my suicide. Because of the anger and pain I would cause them, my loved ones would be unable to store up the goodness that they were meant to pass on to others. I would be held responsible for the damages — or the lack of good — they would do while immersed in the pain of my selfish death. And I would pay dearly for it, since spiritual laws dictate that all of the harm, including lack of good, stemming from my death be punished by a measure of suffering. Even though I couldn’t foresee the ripple effect my death would cause, I would be held accountable. God himself is bound by spiritual law, and so there could be no escape for me.

And I was shown that for me, the realm of darkness was quite literally spiritual time-out, a place where I was supposed to grasp the gravity of my offenses and to pay the price. But I had to ask, why me? Why was it that I could see God while the vacant husk of a man next to me could not? Why was I absorbing light and being taught, while he was hunkering down in misery and darkness?

I was told that the reason is willingness. When I first looked at that man and wondered if he had been alive during the earthly ministry of Jesus, the question showed that I was willing to believe in God, willing to believe that Christ had once walked the Earth. And once I was willing to believe, I was able to see. Willingness and ability are the same thing. All around me on the dark realm were people of varying degrees of willingness, of understanding, of ability to see that Jesus Christ was there with us the whole time. I don’t know if the others were talking to God as I was or if they were talking to other messengers of light that I was not yet capable of seeing, but I’m sure that not all of them were just mumbling to themselves. And I could see that my spiritual time-out could have lasted a moment, or it could have taken me thousands of years to progress out of that dark prison, depending on when I reached the point of willingness to see the light.

And what about the spiritual law that required me to suffer for the damage I had already done in life, up until and including my suicide? I was told that the debt had already been paid, that the sacrifice had already been made. In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus Christ had experienced all the suffering that has or ever will take place in the life of any human born on this Earth. He experienced my life, he bore my sins, he accepted my grief. But in order for the agony that Jesus endured on my behalf to count, in order for him to take my place in fulfilling that spiritual law, I had to accept his gift.

My heart broke as I realized that I had been not only hurting my family, who are beloved children of God, but also causing my Savior, who had such all-encompassing love and compassion for me, to suffer — all because I had allowed myself to be molded by other people’s weaknesses.

Now my perception was shifting, and the darkness seemed to lift slightly. When I first entered the dark prison, my vision took in only the things and the people in the realm of darkness. But once I had taken enough light in from God and Jesus, my spiritual eyes were opened to another dimension in the darkness. Now I could see that Beings of Light were all around me.

Hell, while also a specific dimension, is primarily a state of mind. When we die,

https://ndestories.org/angie-fenimore/
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
Professor Howard Storm near death experience involving how he was rescued from hell by calling the name of JESUS CHRIST

Early life

Howard Storm was born in Newton, Massachusetts.[11] He graduated from the University of California Berkeley with a master's degree, and he later became an art professor at Northern Kentucky University, a position he held for 20 years. During an interview with Unsolved Mysteries in 1997, he reported of his life prior to his near-death experience that he was an atheist and an aggressive person, feared by his wife and children.

Near-death experience

In June 1985, Storm took a group of his students on a field trip to Europe. After returning to his Paris hotel room with his wife around 11:00 a.m. from a morning excursion, he had a sudden onset of severe abdominal pain. He was evaluated at a Paris hospital and diagnosed with a duodenal perforation, which required surgery. The earliest a surgeon could perform this procedure was around 9:00 p.m. that day. As he lay waiting for surgery, he truly believed that he was going to die due to the severity of his pain and so mentally prepared himself for death. After saying goodbye to his wife, he eventually passed out.

Storm reports the following subconscious experience: He opened his eyes and found himself standing outside of his body, looking down at the hospital bed with his wife crying beside him. He was without pain and hypersensitive. His wife could not see or hear him. He was then drawn by voices calling his name outside the hospital room, and he followed them, believing they were taking him to a doctor. He describes pale humanoid creatures that urged him down the hallway, saying that they had been waiting for him. The creatures became increasingly hostile, and upon refusing to continue following, they began to attack him. He then heard a voice saying, "pray to God," and so he recited fragment Bible verses and the Pledge of Allegiance. With mention of the word "God," the creatures would retract, and eventually he was alone again. After a period of time, he called out for Jesus to save him, and suddenly was rescued by "spiritual beings of light."

Thereafter, he had a recollection of his entire life, a life review, which highlighted some negative aspects of his life, before the "beings of light" answered his questions. They told him that the United States was a "blessed nation" but one which required a change lest lose its prosperity. He describes visions of a future plagued by war, natural disasters and despair, but which could be avoided should there be a major spiritual "shift" in the consciousness of the world. These beings told him that the "correct religion" is that religion which "brings you closest to God."

When he awoke, he was being prepped for surgery, which repaired the duodenal perforation. In the following days, he reports that he was visited by a doctor upon whose arrival the room lightened, and upon his exit, it darkened again. The nurse (who's desk was just outside Storm's room) had seen nothing. Storm also recounts "a Voice" that told him to ignore the advice of doctors and buy return tickets to the U.S. a week after his procedure, which he did. Upon his arrival in Cincinnati, he was admitted in the hospital in critical condition with double pneumonia, collapsed lung, extreme peritonitis, and non-A non-B hepatitis. His recovery took five weeks, and he reported a period of 7 months of extreme weakness before he was able to return to work.

Aftermath

Storm stated that over time he "became more tempered" about his experience. He became involved with a church, entered the seminary, and was ordained. He served as pastor of Zion United Church of Christ in Norwood, Ohio from 1992 to 2005,[12] and he was also a former pastor of the Covington United Church of Christ in Covington, Ohio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Storm_(author)
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by MrLankeeee(m): 7:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
Thanks for sharing, I have read almost everything on that site I didn’t know someone was also reading it.

If I may ask why did you chose to search for near death experience. Are you like me who is searching for truth? If yes I really need to connect with you. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by LordReed(m): 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
So when a non Christian has an NDE and sees figures from his own religious teachings it validates their own religion?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by OtemAtum: 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2020
These are not near death experiences, rather they are near-drunkenness experiences, because it is not possible to have a real encounter with fictitious Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2020
MrLankeeee:
Thanks for sharing, I have read almost everything on that site I didn’t know someone was also reading it.

If I may ask why did you chose to search for near death experience. Are you like me who is searching for truth? If yes I really need to connect with you. Thanks

I believe that I have found the truth in JESUS CHRIST.

I search the internet to discover stories involving JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 9:57am On Apr 09, 2020

Dr. George Ritchie's Near-Death Experience involving how JESUS CHRIST took him through several realms of the afterlife

In 1943, at the age of 20, Dr. George G. Ritchie, Jr., M.D., (September, 25, 1923 – October 29, 2007) was a private in the Army stationed in Texas awaiting a transfer to Richmond to study medicine at the Medical College of Virginia to become a doctor for the military. However, he got sick with pneumonia and died. The Army physician in charge stated in a notarized statement that the medical officer summoned detected "no evidence of respiration or cardiac impulse" and declared Ritchie dead. Ritchie had left his body in a near-death experience wandering around the hospital ward unaware he was dead. He found it strange no one could see him. He returned to his room and recognized his lifeless body, which had been covered with a sheet, by his fraternity ring. The room then became bright and Ritchie found himself in the presence of Jesus who then guided him through several realms of the afterlife before being told to return to his body. As the ward was preparing Ritchie's body for the morgue, he thought he detected movement in Ritchie's chest and called for a medical officer who provided a shot of adrenaline to the patient's heart causing him to breathe and his heart to beat. Ritchie then returned to life with one of the most important and profound NDEs every documented.

Table of Contents

1. Verified Evidence of George Ritchie's Out-of-Body Experience
2. George Ritchie's NDE Visions of the Future
3. The Profound Aftereffects of George Ritchie's NDE
4. More Information about Dr. George Ritchie
5. A Brief Summary of George Ritchie's NDE

a. His Out-of-Body Experience and Life Review with Jesus
b. His Guided Tour of the Earthbound Realm with Jesus
c. His Experience of the "Receiving Station"
d. His Description of the Horrors of Hell
e. His Observations of the Temple of Wisdom
f. His Vision of the Heavenly City
6. A Commentary by George Ritchie

1. Verified Evidence of George Ritchie's Out-of-Body Experience

A major feature of Dr. George Ritchie's NDE was his extensive out-of-body experience at the beginning of his NDE. His observations have enormous implications because they have been verified by a third-party. NDE expert Robert Mays (www.selfconsciousmind.com) has investigated and verified the details of Ritchie's out-of-body observations. While out of his body, Ritchie traveled to a distant location (523 miles away) and saw details of an unfamiliar area very accurately. What is most striking is that the location of the cafe that Ritchie saw, from the likely station hospital door, appears to be exactly due east, and the location of the blinking caution lights Ritchie saw are also at this precise latitude. Indeed, the maximum deviation from the hospital to Vicksburg could have been only 0.6 seconds of arc, or 2900 feet over 523 miles of travel. The fact that three key aspects of Ritchie's account have likely correlates at the exact same latitude, occurring at widely spaced intervals, and that Ritchie reports having traveled east strongly suggest that his "flight" was an objective albeit unusual event. Much more evidence about Robert Mays' investigation can be read on this web page: www.selfconsciousmind.com/ritchie/
Return to Top

2. George Ritchie's NDE Visions of the Future

Ritchie's NDE occurred in 1943 when he was shown visions of Earth's future. Jesus informed him he had 45 years to accomplish his mission in life:

"It is left to humanity which direction they shall choose. I came to this planet to show you, through the life I led, how to love. Without our Father you can do nothing, neither could I. I showed you this. You have 45 years." - Jesus' words to George Ritchie

George Ritchie's book, Return From Tomorrow, which describes his near-death experience, was published in 1985. This was approximately 42 years after his experience. Since Jesus told him that he had 45 years, and it took 42 years until Ritchie's book was published, it may be assumed that Jesus meant for Ritchie to publish his testimony within 45 years.

Ritchie saw increasing natural disasters on Earth (hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes); families splitting and governments are breaking apart because of people thinking only of themselves; and armies marching on the U.S. from the south. He also saw explosions occurring all over the world of a magnitude beyond our capacity to imagine. He was told that if they continued, human life as we have known it will not exist.
Return to Top

3. The Profound Aftereffects of George Ritchie's NDE

After Ritchie had his NDE in 1943, he had no idea what he was supposed to accomplish within the 45 years Jesus gave him ending in 1988. In the late 1960s, during his post-graduate studies and residency in psychiatry at the University of Virginia, his NDE testimony attracted the attention of Raymond Moody, MD (www.lifeafterlife.com) Ritchie's testimony was the first contact of Moody's investigation into over 150 cases of NDEs resulting in Moody's publishing of his study in the ground-breaking book, Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death. Because of the overwhelming success and popularity of his study and book, Moody is considered to be "the father of the near-death experience."

Ritchie's NDE is in a class of its own. You will find his experience to be one of the most profound NDEs ever documented. His NDE is also one of the most important cases of "NDE veridical perception" which are NDE out-of-body observations later verified by third-parties. During his NDE, Ritchie traveled out of his body for a distance of thousands of miles where he observed detailed events later verified to be true. Visit the website of NDE expert Robert Mays (www.selfconsciousmind.com) who verified the veridical evidence of Ritchie's NDE.

In 1978, ten years before the allotted 45 years given to him by Jesus, Ritchie published his first book about his NDE, Return from Tomorrow (1978, 2007) co-authored by Elizabeth Sherrill (www.elizabethsherrill.com). Ritchie's book became so popular it has been translated into nine languages. In it he tells of his out-of-body experience and his meeting with Jesus Christ his travel through different dimensions of time and space with Christ; and his experience in heaven. Ritchie authored two more books about his NDE: his second book, My Life After Dying: Becoming Alive To Universal Love (1991), and his third and final book, Ordered to Return: My Life After Dying (1998), was co-authored by the famous NDE and reincarnation studies expert, Dr. Ian Stevenson (also see his Wikipedia page).
Return to Top

4. More Information about Dr. George Ritchie

Ritchie's NDE initially delayed his medical education and he graduated from the Medical College of Virginia in 1950 after the war, operating a successful career in private practice in Richmond until 1964. He did his residency in psychiatry at the University of Virginia from 1964 through 1967, winning the William James Research Award for Research in Psychiatry. In 1967 he began a successful private psychiatry practice in Charlottesville, Virginia, for 16 years. In 1983 he moved to Anniston, Alabama, to serve as head of the Department of Psychiatry at the Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Center before returning to Richmond three years later to oversee the Richmond-Rope Harbor Alcoholic Hospital. He also held positions as chairman of the Department of Psychiatry of Towers Hospital and president of the Richmond Academy of General Practice. He helped found the David C. Wilson Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital in Charlottesville, Virginia. He continued his private practice until retirement in 1992.

But more than anything, Ritchie was especially proud of his work with youth. He was involved with Scouting for 22 years from 1935-1957. Ritchie was founder and president of the Universal Youth Corps, Inc. for almost 20 years. The Universal Youth Corps (UYC) is an organization encouraging young men and women to follow Christ offering medical service without pay to the poor and reached out with a helping hand through charities. The UYC was the inspiration for President Kennedy to establish the Peace Corps. In 1972, one of Ritchie's UYC meetings, a miraculous healing occurred when Ritchie asked one of the boys to offer a prayer. Ritchie reminded them of the Bible verse where Christ says, “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on Earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” (Matthew 18:19-20). One of the boys asked God to heal the horse of his friend - referring to a young girl whose horse was dying from an infection so severe the veterinarian advised the family to "put the horse down." Ritchie then told the girl's father, who was also attending the meeting, that the Lord had spoken to him while the boy was praying, saying, "If you will give thanks for the horse's healing now, he will be well in two weeks." The girl's father did what Ritchie said; but on the thirteenth night after the meeting, the horse was no better. But on the next morning, sometime during the night, the horse was completely healed. Even the incision was gone. The miraculous healing had occurred just as Ritchie said God promised.

Ritchie was also a Sunday School teacher for many years and was a charter member and elder in the Tuckahoe Presbyterian Church. He was also a member of the United Methodist Church and the Baptist Church. He is best known for his NDE testimony which he shared all over the world, attending speaking engagements throughout Europe, the U.S. and Mexico.

Ritchie, an avid fisherman who loved being out on the river, died on October 29, 2007 at his home in Irvington, Virginia, at the age of 84, following a long and courageous battle with cancer. Ritchie is survived by his wife of 60 years, Marguerite Shell Ritchie, his daughter and son, granddaughters, and great grandchildren.
Return to Top

5. A Brief Summary of George Ritchie's NDE

The following is a brief summary of Dr. George Ritchie's near-death experience. You can read his entire NDE testimony in his book, Return From Tomorrow.

The following is the testimony of George Ritchie's OBE: George Ritchie dies of pneumonia in a Texas Army hospital and leaves his body unaware he is dead. He wanders around the hospital ward and wonders why people cannot see or hear him. Wanting eagerly to travel to Richmond, Virginia, to finish college, the thought instantly sends him flying through the door of the hospital and into the air - traveling thousands of miles toward Richmond. He is bewildered about these sudden supernatural powers of flight and transparency he has attained. He then arrives at a city with a bar and discovers the people there cannot see or hear him either. He also has no solidness there either. He flies back to the Army hospital where he sees his lifeless body in the morgue and realizes he is dead..

Suddenly, a being of tremendous light and love appeared before him. Ritchie realizes this light is like "a million welders' lamps all blazing at once." Human eyes would be destroyed in a second if they saw it. The being tells Ritchie to stand up. Ritchie is astonished to learn he is standing before Jesus Christ. More than anything emanating from Jesus was the unbelievable amount of unconditional love shining from him - a love that knew everything about Ritchie and loved him just the same. Simultaneously, as Jesus appeared to him, Ritchie watches his entire life displayed before him. Jesus asks him, "What have you done with your life?" Ritchie tries to come up with several examples but realizes he has fallen short. Ritchie eventually realizes Jesus is not judging him at all; but rather, Ritchie was judging himself. And the question "What have you done with your life?" had more to do with "How much unconditional love have you given others."
Return to Top

The following is the testimony of George Ritchie's tour of the Earthbound Realm: Then Jesus begins to take Ritchie on a journey through various realms of the afterlife. They fly toward a large city on Earth where they notice a group of assembly-line workers at work. They witnesses the spirit of a woman trying desperately to grab a cigarette from the workers who were oblivious to her presence. This woman had died severely addicted to cigarettes and was now cut off from the one thing she desperately desired most.

Ritchie realizes how the spirits in these realms immediately know the thoughts of other spirits around them. This is the reason they tend to group together with other spirits. It is too threatening to be around others who knew and disagreed with their thoughts.

Jesus leads Ritchie to a house somewhere on Earth where he is shown the spirit of a young man following his living family members around and begging them for forgiveness. But the family members are completely unaware of his presence. Jesus tells Ritchie the young man committed suicide and is "chained to every consequence of his act."

They then traveled to a bar somewhere on Earth which was filled with sailors drinking heavily. Spirits surrounded the sailors as they tried desperately, and in vain, to grasp the shot glasses to get a drink. Other spirits tried to control the sailors' alcoholic behavior. Ritchie learns these are the spirits of people who died still having a severe alcoholic addiction which went beyond the physical. He is bewildered as he observes one of the sailors passing out causing the sailor's protective aura surrounding him to crack open. When it does, it allows a spirit to scramble into the sailor's unconscious body. This scene was repeated over and over.
Return to Top

Jesus then takes Ritchie to another realm and is shown a kind of "receiving station" where spirits would arrive in a deep hypnotic sleep because of a particular religious belief they held to be true. Here there were "angels" trying to arouse them and help them realize, "God is truly a God of the living and that they did not have to lie around sleeping until Gabriel or someone came along blowing on a horn." These are the spirits of people who believe they must sleep in their grave until the second coming of Christ (i.e., soul sleep.)
Return to Top

They were still somewhere on the surface of the Earth; but no living person or beings of light could be seen. Before them was a plain jammed with hordes of spirits who are the most miserable and angriest beings he has ever seen. Many were engaged in hand-to-hand combat with no weapons - trying in vain to hurt and kill those who didn't agree with them. A lot of verbal abuse could be heard between them as their thoughts could be heard by everyone around them the moment they are thought. Ritchie is horrified as he wonders what living in such a realm would be like - a place where you cannot hide from who you really are. These spirits were locked into destructive thought-patterns, rage and uncontrollable lust. Some were trying in vain to get sexual gratification from each other. The wailing coming from the hordes of unsatisfied spirits was tremendous. Other spirits were in despair saying things such as, "I always knew!" and "Didn't I warn you!" Ritchie realizes this place is truly hell. Their obsessive thoughts and emotions extended beyond the physical realm and into the spiritual realm where they cannot be satisfied. Yet there was nothing preventing any of the poor spirits in these realms from leaving. There was no condemnation coming from Jesus either - only compassion for these miserable spirits. Ritchie realizes Jesus hadn't abandoned any of them here. Instead they fled from the light to escape from having the darkness of their heart from being revealed.
Return to Top

The following is the testimony of George Ritchie's Temple of Wisdom and Heavenly City Experience: They then travel to a completely different realm where some kind of enormous university is located. Spirits dressed as monks busily and happily engaged in some form of artistic behavior or research. An enormous library exists here where all the important books of the universe are assembled. Ritchie asks Jesus if this is heaven. These are the spirits of people who grew beyond selfish desires while on Earth; but, like the spirits in hell, these spirits cannot see Jesus either.
Return to Top

Ritchie is then taken into outer space toward a distant city made of brilliant light - similar in description to the heavenly city in the Book of Revelation (see also Revelation 21:10-27.) This is the place where people go who have become like Jesus while on Earth - a place where love is the dominant focus of life. This is heaven he realizes; but he is not allowed to enter it. Instead, Jesus shows him the future of Earth and is told to return to his physical body. At this point, Ritchie is revived from death.
Return to Top

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/george-ritchie.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
Dr. George Ritchie's near death experience involving how JESUS CHRIST took him through different realms of the afterlife

A Brief Summary of George Ritchie's NDE

The following is a brief summary of Dr. George Ritchie's near-death experience. You can read his entire NDE testimony in his book, Return From Tomorrow.

The following is the testimony of George Ritchie's OBE: George Ritchie dies of pneumonia in a Texas Army hospital and leaves his body unaware he is dead. He wanders around the hospital ward and wonders why people cannot see or hear him. Wanting eagerly to travel to Richmond, Virginia, to finish college, the thought instantly sends him flying through the door of the hospital and into the air - traveling thousands of miles toward Richmond. He is bewildered about these sudden supernatural powers of flight and transparency he has attained. He then arrives at a city with a bar and discovers the people there cannot see or hear him either. He also has no solidness there either. He flies back to the Army hospital where he sees his lifeless body in the morgue and realizes he is dead..

Suddenly, a being of tremendous light and love appeared before him. Ritchie realizes this light is like "a million welders' lamps all blazing at once." Human eyes would be destroyed in a second if they saw it. The being tells Ritchie to stand up. Ritchie is astonished to learn he is standing before Jesus Christ. More than anything emanating from Jesus was the unbelievable amount of unconditional love shining from him - a love that knew everything about Ritchie and loved him just the same. Simultaneously, as Jesus appeared to him, Ritchie watches his entire life displayed before him. Jesus asks him, "What have you done with your life?" Ritchie tries to come up with several examples but realizes he has fallen short. Ritchie eventually realizes Jesus is not judging him at all; but rather, Ritchie was judging himself. And the question "What have you done with your life?" had more to do with "How much unconditional love have you given others."
Return to Top

The following is the testimony of George Ritchie's tour of the Earthbound Realm: Then Jesus begins to take Ritchie on a journey through various realms of the afterlife. They fly toward a large city on Earth where they notice a group of assembly-line workers at work. They witnesses the spirit of a woman trying desperately to grab a cigarette from the workers who were oblivious to her presence. This woman had died severely addicted to cigarettes and was now cut off from the one thing she desperately desired most.

Ritchie realizes how the spirits in these realms immediately know the thoughts of other spirits around them. This is the reason they tend to group together with other spirits. It is too threatening to be around others who knew and disagreed with their thoughts.

Jesus leads Ritchie to a house somewhere on Earth where he is shown the spirit of a young man following his living family members around and begging them for forgiveness. But the family members are completely unaware of his presence. Jesus tells Ritchie the young man committed suicide and is "chained to every consequence of his act."

They then traveled to a bar somewhere on Earth which was filled with sailors drinking heavily. Spirits surrounded the sailors as they tried desperately, and in vain, to grasp the shot glasses to get a drink. Other spirits tried to control the sailors' alcoholic behavior. Ritchie learns these are the spirits of people who died still having a severe alcoholic addiction which went beyond the physical. He is bewildered as he observes one of the sailors passing out causing the sailor's protective aura surrounding him to crack open. When it does, it allows a spirit to scramble into the sailor's unconscious body. This scene was repeated over and over.
Return to Top

Jesus then takes Ritchie to another realm and is shown a kind of "receiving station" where spirits would arrive in a deep hypnotic sleep because of a particular religious belief they held to be true. Here there were "angels" trying to arouse them and help them realize, "God is truly a God of the living and that they did not have to lie around sleeping until Gabriel or someone came along blowing on a horn." These are the spirits of people who believe they must sleep in their grave until the second coming of Christ (i.e., soul sleep.)
Return to Top

They were still somewhere on the surface of the Earth; but no living person or beings of light could be seen. Before them was a plain jammed with hordes of spirits who are the most miserable and angriest beings he has ever seen. Many were engaged in hand-to-hand combat with no weapons - trying in vain to hurt and kill those who didn't agree with them. A lot of verbal abuse could be heard between them as their thoughts could be heard by everyone around them the moment they are thought. Ritchie is horrified as he wonders what living in such a realm would be like - a place where you cannot hide from who you really are. These spirits were locked into destructive thought-patterns, rage and uncontrollable lust. Some were trying in vain to get sexual gratification from each other. The wailing coming from the hordes of unsatisfied spirits was tremendous. Other spirits were in despair saying things such as, "I always knew!" and "Didn't I warn you!" Ritchie realizes this place is truly hell. Their obsessive thoughts and emotions extended beyond the physical realm and into the spiritual realm where they cannot be satisfied. Yet there was nothing preventing any of the poor spirits in these realms from leaving. There was no condemnation coming from Jesus either - only compassion for these miserable spirits. Ritchie realizes Jesus hadn't abandoned any of them here. Instead they fled from the light to escape from having the darkness of their heart from being revealed.
Return to Top

The following is the testimony of George Ritchie's Temple of Wisdom and Heavenly City Experience: They then travel to a completely different realm where some kind of enormous university is located. Spirits dressed as monks busily and happily engaged in some form of artistic behavior or research. An enormous library exists here where all the important books of the universe are assembled. Ritchie asks Jesus if this is heaven. These are the spirits of people who grew beyond selfish desires while on Earth; but, like the spirits in hell, these spirits cannot see Jesus either.
Return to Top

Ritchie is then taken into outer space toward a distant city made of brilliant light - similar in description to the heavenly city in the Book of Revelation (see also Revelation 21:10-27.) This is the place where people go who have become like Jesus while on Earth - a place where love is the dominant focus of life. This is heaven he realizes; but he is not allowed to enter it. Instead, Jesus shows him the future of Earth and is told to return to his physical body. At this point, Ritchie is revived from death.
Return to Top

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/george-ritchie.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
Linda Stewart's Near-Death Experience involving how she was carried in the arms of Jesus toward the light of heaven

Linda Stewart's journey to understand God began in the rugged environment of a Texas childhood that was filled with "rattlesnakes, tornadoes, and hellfire-and-damnation." Her early concept of God was molded by the pervasive, extremist religious community of the Bible Belt exemplified by the Southern Baptist Religion practiced by her parents. The wrathful, vengeful God, as taught by her religion, instilled in Linda a deep fear of God, death and the afterlife. Her lifelong search for a loving God and release from the paralyzing fear of death culminated in a brief journey to heaven after a debilitating illness. The near-death experience transformed Linda, showing her that God is only a loving God, who does not judge and punish. She came to understand the Oneness of all existence which permeated her life with peace and the unfaltering knowledge of God's goodness. Her near-death experience was published in Kevin Williams' NDE book entitled, Nothing Better Than Death.

When I finally gave up my will to live, relinquishing my life unto death was sublimely easy after my long illness and loss of everything that had made life worthwhile for me. The decision to leave this world hung suspended in an extended moment of absolute quiet. Passionless, I watched my spirit leave my body as a feeling of "otherness" engulfed me. I felt a strange detachment from my physical body and the life I had created. I was no longer connected to a pitiful, suffering mass of flesh. I was not that body and yet, I still existed but in a new state of being. Gone was the wrenching pain that had accompanied my every waking moment. The strain of expanding my lungs to gasp for air had disappeared. Fatigue, which had weighted my life for years, had lifted. Depression no longer drained my mind of hope. Sight and sounds did not sear my head with pain, leaving me emotionally bereft. And yet, I still existed. I felt weightless and calm.

Although I knew I was not in the lifeless body lying on my bed, and that the eyes and brain I had previously identified as mine, were in that inanimate object with which I no longer identified, I was still aware of sight and thoughts and sensations. I observed my new reality with tranquility. Slowly I looked around and below me I saw a vast, endless blackness. Like a void or black hole, I was irresistibly drawn toward the darkness. Gradually, I felt myself sinking toward it. I thought, without fear or any emotional reaction, "Isn't that strange?" I had been so afraid I was going to be judged and sent to either heaven or hell. But it appeared I would simply disappear into the dark nothingness. As even my new awareness waned, I yielded to the heaviness overtaking me as darkness filled my mind. My vision became obscured as I began to merge into the blackness.

Offering no resistance, I released my hold on any remaining shred of consciousness and personal identity. At the very moment I felt the last of me disappearing into nothingness, I was suddenly buffeted by a powerful, energetic force that swooped beneath and lifted me, carrying me upward.

Barely conscious, my only awareness was a sensation of rising. I seemed to be traveling upward at an unimaginable speed. A clean sensation of wind rushed over my face and body with tremendous force and yet there was no discomfort. Vast distances seemed to fly by me and the higher I rose, the more my head cleared. I became aware of a deep sense of peace and warmth that permeated my senses. Confused, because the energy that had enveloped me had a definite presence, I tried to see what was happening and who was carrying me; who or what cared so deeply for me? I felt peaceful and loved immeasurably. I knew I was in the arms of a being who cherished me with perfect love and carried me from the dark void into a new reality.

As my mind cleared, scoured of the remnants of mortal, past associations, I was finally able to open my being fully to spirit and my vision cleared.

With the eyes of my soul body, I looked to see what held me in such love and I beheld a radiant, Spirit being, so magnificent and full of love that I knew I would never again feel the sense of loss. I have no way of explaining how, but I knew the Spirit was Christ. It was not a belief, perception or understanding, but my recognition of Christ came from my new perspective of spirit.

I did not see the Spirit as I had seen Jesus of Nazareth depicted in paintings, but the innate knowing of my heart remembered and acknowledged Christ. The radiant Spirit was Christ, the manifestation and expression of pure love. Because of my Christian education, I knew no other name to call what I felt as I looked at him.

Others might have called him Buddha, or Yahweh, or Great Spirit in the Sky, but the naming did not matter, only the recognition of absolute love and truth was important. Safe in the gentle yet powerful embrace of his love, I rested, secure that everything was okay, exactly as it was supposed to be.

Ascending ever farther, I lifted my eyes to see a great light in the vast distance. With Christ as my guide, I rapidly approached the light. Ecstasy filled my soul as I looked at the radiance, many-fold brighter than a sun.

The light was everywhere and everything, the brightest I had ever seen and dazzling beyond description. Brilliant enough to blind or burn, yet I was not harmed.

The light moved over and through me, washing every hidden place of my heart, removing all hurt and fear, transforming my very being into a song of joy. I had thought the love I felt from Christ was complete, yet, the light toward which we were soaring was the fulfillment of my search, the loving Source of all that exists, the God of truth and unconditional love, the origin of creation.

My understanding of love was forever changed. The majesty and glory of that vision was an ineffable moment that defined forever more, the direction of my new truth. I was home and I wanted nothing more than to remain in the light of God. Christ had delivered me into the light and I stood in the presence of God. I was filled with complete knowing: The light was love and love was God. Waves of consummate love which emanated from the light obliterated every burden I carried and every thought that kept me from knowing God. I was made aware of my purity. With new clarity, I realized I had been walking through life ghostlike, wrapped in a shroud of fear, huddled against illusions. I stood like a lover, open to the liquid flow of golden light that filled my empty shell to overflowing.

There was no limit to the outpouring as I came to the rapturous awareness of the infinite nature of God's love. There was no place that God did not exist and I was within God. I am an inseparable part of the light. The truth of who I am, indeed, who we all are, is perfect love as a creation of God. All of God's creation is one creation and I am one with creation. God and I are one, Creator and created.

I had spent a lifetime of fear of judgment and now, standing with God, I had been known completely and found faultless. I knew God regarded me as perfect. God loved me because love is the totality of God. God loves without limit. Finally it all made sense. God could only love me because God is only love, nothing other than love. The only reality is God; there cannot be another and GOD IS LOVE.

I had reached my true home. I turned to Christ and said, "This is beautiful. I am home. This is where I want to be. I want to stay." And Christ answered, "You can stay for a little while and then you must return."

I couldn't believe I had to come back to physical reality. After a lifetime of confusion and fear, I had stood in the presence of an open, receptive, non-judging, totally loving God. I wanted nothing more than to remain in that presence but was told I had to return.

Another aspect of the dramatic change in my life after my near-death experience is that I no longer have a fear of death. In fact, death became my favorite subject overnight. Where I had once forbidden even speaking the dreadful word in my home, now my family and friends couldn't get me to stop talking about my amazing experience.

Surprisingly, I was sad and angry, even defiant. I was confounded that after my lifetime of fear, I had made it to heaven and then had been sent back. "Why?" I asked, "Was I too little a fish, or what!"

For almost a year, often I would lie in my bed at night crying, sobbing and begging God to let me come home. I was not one of those lucky persons who experienced a spontaneous remission of their illness with their near-death experience. I was still very sick and I didn't understand the point of my having to remain on Earth when I could make no contributions and had barely any interactions with my family or other people. I found myself whining, questioning, and begging God. "Please, please, please, PLEASE let me come home."

Bargaining with God, I urged, "If I have to stay here, why can't you cure me so I can do something?" Pleading with God, I cried, "If you aren't going to cure me outright, what if you let me be just well enough to paint even just an hour a day? If I can't do anything, why can't there be some way I can be around people? I'M LONELY!"

Although I felt waves of love wash over me constantly when I stopped complaining long enough to remember my experience, I never got the answers to my pleas. At least not the answers I wanted.

After about a year I prayed a new prayer from the sincerest depths of my heart. Once again I relinquished my will and efforts to direct my own life, as completely as the night I gave up my hold on life and died. I said to God, "My dear God, I give up. I do not know what is right for me. I don't know what I am supposed to do, who I am to see, or what I should say. I don't even know what to think. I am always requesting what I think would be best for me. God, I don't know what is best for me. My life is yours.

Whatever you want for me is fine. If I am to lie here in this bed, sick and disabled for the rest of my life, whether it is twenty minutes or twenty years, that's fine. Whatever happens is fine. I know you love me." And then I added, "I make one request, however. Please, if I am to live, let me be useful in some way - for YOU."

A curious manifestation after my near-death experience was that I began seeing a white glow and glint of lights around people and objects. Because I had had so many physical anomalies during my illness, I assumed the "lights" were another, optical side effect of the illness. I was later shown that the lights were far more than that.

As my health had slowly improved, I occasionally drove myself short distances to appointments. One day as I was driving down a busy street, I stopped at a red light and watched an odd scene unfold before me. A delivery truck had parked on the right side of the street about a half-block ahead. The truck was one that opened from the sides rather than the back. I watched as the driver walked around to the traffic side of his truck and began unloading his cargo with oncoming traffic approaching. Inside my car, I said out loud in my little southern voice, "Oh honey, you shouldn't do that, it's dangerous."

On this notable day, I watched, stunned, as the familiar dancing lights around the delivery man swirled, quickly coalescing into the form of a breath-taking, translucent, beautiful woman-spirit, glowing with light.

Perhaps it was because I had sent a loving and concerned thought about the delivery mans' well-being that the spirit turned her loving gaze on me. For a brief moment, our eyes met. She smiled at me, then, hovering over the unsuspecting man, returned her attention to her charge who was oblivious to the heavenly presence and was busily going about his business. I was thunderstruck.

Barely breathing for fear the vision would leave, and mesmerized by the vision, I was reluctant to take my eyes off the beauty of the scene; however, from my peripheral vision, I became aware of even more compelling lights. When I was able to tear myself away from the spirit, I glanced slowly at the vista around me and everywhere I looked, every single person in my view had beautiful, loving spirits attending them. People walking nonchalantly down the sidewalk were accompanied by spirits. From within cars, unfettered by physical barriers, I could see the glow and form of beings around the occupants. I saw joggers with flutters of light streaking behind them as their spirit kept pace. As people entered and left buildings, light beings followed. The view before me was filled with brilliant, white light.

From the limited understanding of my human mind, I struggled to comprehend the meaning of what I saw. I knew the lights were connected to the individual people, although more of them, than with them, almost as if they were an extension of their existence - a light connection to an aspect of their Higher Self. The lights, a connection to the humans, which were glinting off the beings were so bright and expansive, they interconnected, forming a sort of light grid. I remembered reports in books on the near-death experience of people seeing grids on the other side that they didn't know how to explain.

As I looked at the network of light before me and felt the immense outpouring of love coming from the beings, I realized the connection of human beings to the Beings of Light was through love and that the love itself was connected through this grid.

The metaphor represented by the image I saw and perceived was absolutely clear and I was overwhelmed with the knowledge that WE ARE ALL ONE. I comprehended that our oneness is interconnected by love and is an available, much higher level, and means of communication than we normally use but to which we have access. This love is available to anyone who is willing to do the hard spiritual work that will allow us to open our hearts and minds and eyes to Spirit. I remembered the love I had felt in the presence of God and experienced a total sense of love for all existence as an interconnected oneness and a manifestation of God.

Over and over this single truth was being driven home to me. Only God exists, God is everything. All that I gaze upon is a representation of God; not the physical mirage but rather, the shining brilliance behind the mask.

I was startled back to everyday awareness by the blasting of a horn. I looked down at my speedometer and realized I was barely creeping forward in the car. With sheets of tears streaming down my face and all but blind with emotion, I pulled to the side of the road until I could take in all that I had witnessed and regain my composure. I don't know how long I sat, taking in the wonder of that event but I couldn't move until the spectacular vision slowly dissipated, returning to the more familiar form of lights around the bodies of the people I watched.

I was reluctant to leave because I hoped the angels would return, and I called them angels because I didn't know what else to say. But when I gathered my senses enough to drive, I made my way home. Anxious to tell my husband, still, I wondered what he would think. Would he think I was hallucinating, getting sick again, or perhaps, even losing my mind? Much to his credit, he listened with open ears to my tale. In fact, after I told my story, his response was, "Can you see anything around me?" Looking deeply into the lights around him, I discovered that by focusing on the glinting lights, a form emerged, taking the appearance of a beautiful spirit. When I described his spirit attendant, he was thrilled.

Encouraged by Ed's response, I told my story to my children and friends and they related the information to their friends. That initiated the sometimes timid and skeptical, but always curious inquiries from the friends. They too, asked if I would mind telling them if they had beings around them.

Would I mind? It was my joy to share the love I felt coming from the exquisite inhabitants of a dimension where love reigns. Eagerly, I shared with anyone who wanted to know if they, too, had angels around them.

Eventually, news of my ability to see the angelic realm spread via a newspaper article, television appearances, college lectures and, most significantly, word-of-mouth. Today, I devote my time to readings, counseling and lectures. As I talked to more and more people, I garnered new insights. In the beginning I called what I saw angels because I didn't have any other word to explain what I saw. The beings were always loving, luminous and had an other-worldly presence and beauty. Curiously, as my ability to discern spirits progressed, I began to see a different type of spirit hovering around people, and they compelled my attention. I felt responsible to describe exactly what I saw and only what I saw around the people who requested a reading, even if their spirits did not look like the stereotypical angel which they expected.

For instance: I once told a woman of an older man with ears that stuck out, wearing little round spectacles and with a goofy smile that revealed teeth that had spaces between them. The woman looked amazed and with tears in her eyes, she said, "Oh, my gosh, I recognize him. That's my uncle who was killed. I've always wondered if he was okay." The spirit grinned and related telepathically with me. I was able to let his niece, whom he still loved, know that he was fine and had been with this unsuspecting woman all the time. The first time this sort of thing happened, I was taken by surprise. Confused and with a knot of apprehension in the pit of my stomach, I thought, "Oh great, now I'm seeing 'dead' people!" If I had not had my near-death experience, I might have thought I was going crazy. But I did have a near-death experience. I could now see angels, and evidently I could also see the spirits of people who had died.

There is no death, but I could report on the presences from the other realms where spirits reside after leaving their mortal existence. I also discovered I could, on occasion, see the spirit form of people who are still alive on the Earth realm. I quickly resolved my apprehension about this ability when I saw the happiness and comfort it gave people to hear the encouraging stories of love beyond the grave.

"The only reality is God. There cannot be another and God is love." - Linda Stewart

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/linda-stewart.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
John P.'s Near-Death Experience involving how JESUS CHRIST gave him a hug and then asked him to go and hug others

"I would like to tell you about my experience. I had a emotionally difficult childhood. I went to a counselor at the age of 37 to help me deal with and get on with my life. The counselor did what she called regressive therapy with me. She was a Christian and prayed at the beginning of the session that the Holy Spirit would work in my heart (soul) through the session.

"She took me down an elevator to a floor that opened up to a hallway. The hallway had doors on both sides with numbers on them. As I walked down the hallway I stopped at different doors, opened them and went into the room to deal with issues in my life. The number on the doors was the age I was when these issues happened.

"I went to my "two year old room" and dealt with a very traumatic experience. When I came out of the room the counselor prayed again that the Holy Spirit would heal me and give me a new life.

"At that point the counselor wanted to bring me back up the hallway to the elevator. I told her I can't. I turned and went to the end of the hall, to a corner and the hallway came apart and disappeared. I then was in the presence of the light.

"I knew without having to be told that the light was the son of God, Jesus.

"I saw my deceased father and mother-in-law, along with others who I don't remember, standing next to Jesus. There were no words, all communication was thought transfer.

"The light said, "Come." I was compelled to go to the light.

"Standing in front of Jesus, it was communicated to me that He had unconditional love for me and total acceptance. Jesus then reached out and gave me a hug. A hug that was symbolic of the lack of affection that I was neglected as a child. I was healed at that point of my past.

"Jesus then said, "Go and hug others."

"I turned and went back to the elevator, but not up the hallway. I went up a new path with a new life. Needless to say, the face-to-face experience with the light changed my entire life. My "Go and hug others" command is my mission in life.

"I had dreams that came true. I would dream of situations and they then would happen. I had dreams of warfare between demons and angels that were given to teach me. I could see things in people that I couldn't see before.

"God is the source of all love and we aren't able to love without him. We are spiritual beings like God.

"I have experienced angels with me while awake in everyday life. They are sent to comfort and guide me. I have experienced demons and their attack on me. There is much, much more to the experience and all that has happened afterward.

"When I stumbled across the NDE, I felt like I had something in common with other people and I wasn't alone - even though I never died.

"I could write a book of my experience too. I now feel that religion is a man-made structure to try to identify and contain God. It just can't be done!"

https://www.near-death.com/religion/christianity/john-p.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by LordReed(m): 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
The fourth case took place during another pilgrimage to Mecca (p. 127). Fonzo was driving with two nurses to Cairo in a jeep, when they had an accident. Fonzo and one of the nurses remained uninjured, but the second nurse, a man, suffered a concussion and was unconscious. After Fonzo provided medical care, the man regained consciousness and described with “uttermost precision” what Fonzo and the other nurse had done during his moments of unconsciousness, including details of the resuscitation process. He also stated he entered a tunnel, but he didn’t reach its end because a mufti, a religious teacher clothed in a white robe, gave him a sign to return. The nurse also reported that throughout the entire experience, his mind or consciousness had been connected to his physical body by a luminous cord, similar to a beam of light.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/332835301_Essential_Features_of_Eight_Published_Muslim_Near-Death_Experiences_An_Addendum_to_Joel_Ibrahim_Kreps's_The_Search_for_Muslim_Near-Death_Experiences
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by MrLankeeee(m): 8:14am On Apr 10, 2020
7victor:

I believe that I have found the truth in JESUS CHRIST.

I search the internet to discover stories involving JESUS CHRIST.

Yes boss. Same with me. I can’t Love Him less.
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 8:14am On Apr 10, 2020
LordReed:
The fourth case took place during another pilgrimage to Mecca (p. 127). Fonzo was driving with two nurses to Cairo in a jeep, when they had an accident. Fonzo and one of the nurses remained uninjured, but the second nurse, a man, suffered a concussion and was unconscious. After Fonzo provided medical care, the man regained consciousness and described with “uttermost precision” what Fonzo and the other nurse had done during his moments of unconsciousness, including details of the resuscitation process. He also stated he entered a tunnel, but he didn’t reach its end because a mufti, a religious teacher clothed in a white robe, gave him a sign to return. The nurse also reported that throughout the entire experience, his mind or consciousness had been connected to his physical body by a luminous cord, similar to a beam of light.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/332835301_Essential_Features_of_Eight_Published_Muslim_Near-Death_Experiences_An_Addendum_to_Joel_Ibrahim_Kreps's_The_Search_for_Muslim_Near-Death_Experiences
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2020
Lorraine Tutmarc's Near-Death Experience involving how she saw JESUS CHRIST with blood on HIS robe and HE told her, "This is the blood that I shed on the cross for your sins."

The following is one of the near-death experiences, reprinted here by permission, which Rita Bennett documents in her excellent book, To Heaven and Back. I highly recommend this book especially for those Christians who are still not sure whether the near-death experiences are Biblical. Visit Rita Bennett's website Emotionally Free. The following experiences will show you they are, in fact, Biblical.

In 1928, Lorraine Tutmarc had blood poisoning. Because there were no antibiotics in those days, doctors sent her home and told her there was nothing more they could do for her. This resulted in the following NDE:

Lying there on the bed one morning, I realized the pain had left my body. I wasn't thinking of anything, just looking up toward the ceiling, when I felt something strange happen. It felt like I was lifted out of my body, and I went right to the upper corner of the room, where I'd been looking.

Then I moved backward, going through the wall. Immediately I found myself up to my neck in a black river, black as black could be, and very cold. My physical pain, absent moments before, had returned. The water was whirling around me.

In my mind I asked, "Where am I?"

I heard a loud, loving voice say, "This is eternity. This is eternity. You are lost!"

It echoed, "You are lost!"

The strong voice came from behind me, so I didn't see who it was, but I knew it was God's voice.

"What is this?" I again asked in my mind.

He replied, "This is the river of death."

His voice echoed, "This is the river of death."

I didn't know what "being lost" or what a "river of death" was all about. Jesus as savior was unknown to me at this time. When I was three or four years old, I had started going to Sunday school with my sister and brother. I liked going to the children's activities, but we didn't learn anything like salvation. And I hadn't been to church since I was young.

I had terrible fear when I was enveloped by that black water; I can't swim. When I saw all that water, I knew I was dying. And when this voice told me I was lost and this was eternity, then I knew God was revealing to me my lost condition. I started swirling around in this water, which became like a whirlpool. It kept on going around and around, faster and faster and faster, dragging me under. I was fighting to save my life. In pain, misery, and fear, I kept sinking down into this water. When I got down to the bottom, I couldn't fight anymore. Completely exhausted, I gave up.

Then I saw light enter the water around me. The water turned warm. I looked up at the light and saw Jesus about four feet above me in an opening over my head. Everything else was black, but he was brilliant! The light coming from him was beyond description. His hair was an auburn color and wavy. He looked down at me. He had such beautiful eyes. I'll never forget those eyes. They were so large and full of meaning - and kindness and forgiveness and compassion. Everything you would want to see in Jesus' face was there.

I had to know I was lost before I could be saved. He had such a compassionate face. I'll never forget that. Yet Jesus was not smiling, but sad. His eyes were so penetrating.

When looking at his pale ivory robe, I saw a big blotch of red on his chest and wondered what it meant. I couldn't see what it was and was curious to figure it out. It was just a big blotch.

Instantly a voice spoke. Though I hadn't asked, he knew what I wanted to know!

He said, "This is the blood that I shed on the cross for your sins."

I understood his meaning: I knew I was in the wrong as the blood was explained to me.

Then Jesus said, "Follow me."

I said, "I will!"

The minute I said, "I will," the water was gone.

He had put his right hand down in the water, and when he said, "Follow me."

All the darkness was gone out of my life, gone completely! A brilliance, but it wasn't sunshine, came from Jesus. A transparent gold light came from him, from his body.

When I reached up with my left hand and took hold of his warm hand, I instantly felt the power of God come through my body. I had never heard of the power of God. Later I would use words from a hymn to describe the feeling of God's power. It was like "sparks from smitten steel" coming right through my body from my head to my toes again and again. I grew stronger and stronger as the power went through me!

Finally I thought, "I'm well. I have no more pain. This is real! This is real!"

When I said, "It's real," I looked up to Jesus.

All he had said was, "Follow me."

That's all he would have to say to anybody!

Both of us seemed to float toward a wall. We stopped perhaps fifteen feet away from the wall. I was still holding his hand, and I followed his gaze. He was looking straight ahead. I looked up and saw a transparent wall, shining like pure gold, as far as I could see in either direction. I could see into it, eight inches or more, but not all the way through. Oh, I wanted to see behind that wall.

From behind the wall I heard much activity. Everything was alive behind that wall. It seemed like the dawn of a new day; day was just breaking! It was a beautiful experience. I heard little birds singing, tiny birds, and they got louder and louder. People have said there are no birds in heaven, but I heard them.

Then I heard what seemed like millions of little golden bells ringing, tinkling; they rang and rang. Many times since, I've heard those bells in the middle of the night. (And it's not high blood pressure doing that!) Next I heard humming and then a choir singing. The singing got louder and louder, and it was in a minor key. It was beautiful and in perfect harmony. I also heard stringed instruments.

I knew there were flowers. I could smell them but couldn't see them. Their fragrance was like perfume on a gentle breeze - a very gentle breeze.

Then because the light was so brilliant, it seemed to be getting around noontime. I stepped forward to search for a gate but didn't see any. It just wasn't time for me to go in there yet.

I turned around to look at Jesus, but he was gone. I didn't see him go or hear him go. He was just gone! Then in an instant or so, I felt myself in my body and back in bed.

I never wanted to come back here, I thought. I was looking for the gates to heaven.

https://www.near-death.com/religion/christianity/lorraine-tutmarc.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2020

Susan's Near-Death Experience involving how JESUS CHRIST hugged her and she described it as feeling like a million volts of electricity going through her.

First of all, I come from a rural town in southeast Alabama. All my life I went to church. I would always see my parent's praying about things and trusting God. Even with all this though, I never got that close to God. I believed in him and that Jesus came to Earth and died for me, but it wasn't until 1993 that I totally gave my heart to him.

I had been suffering for years from anorexia. It started when I was fourteen. In 1993, at the age twenty-five, I was so sick and only weighed 64 pounds. I was in and out of therapy for this and even had to be force-fed. Nothing helped. So, after getting the news in September of 1993 that my kidney's were failing, I refused all further treatment and prayed that God would help me. I told him that I'd live for him if he would. I didn't really think I would die because I always pulled through before.

Going out in public, when I was able, was a nightmare. People would yell out, "AIDS girl" and things like that. Soon I became housebound, mostly due to my health, and because I couldn't believe the cruelty of people. Then one night I woke up trying to breathe. I couldn't. I was very nauseated, shaking violently, and just so sick I couldn't move. I didn't think I would die because the doctors were about to put me on dialysis and I thought I'd be ok. But I wasn't.

Soon I left my body. I didn't go through a tunnel. I just kind of floated around. Before I knew it, I was in heaven. I knew it was heaven because I had never smelled flowers like that before and had never seen so much beauty.

I went up to my Grandma who had been waiting for me. She looked to be about thirty-years-old even though she died when she was seventy-five. Then I saw my Grandpa. He died at the age of ninety-two.

He kept saying to me, "Look what I can do."

He was walking on his hands. I didn't understand this or why he was showing me that he could do that. Then Grandma asked me if I wanted to go and see Jesus. I literally screamed, "YES!!!"

The second I saw him I started to cry. I could feel his compassion for me. He comforted me as I told him how I had been done wronged by people on Earth because of my condition and how I had suffered with anorexia. He was so, so kind. He told me that he knew all of that and that it was going to be alright.

I asked him if he promised and he said, "Yes."

I told him something that maybe I shouldn't have. I said to him, "You are a very handsome man."

He just laughed. Then I laughed. It was such a great time.

I noted his appearance. He was about 5'9 and probably weighed about 150 pounds. He was slim, with dark brown hair and brown eyes. There were so many people around him; but, (and this is what touches me so much) I was able to go right to him and talk to him. It's not like it would be here. You can't just go up to someone that important and talk to them. But with Jesus you can.

He then told me to go back and tell everyone what I had seen. I said I would. Then he hugged me. It felt like a million volts of electricity going through my body I found that from his hug, I couldn't stand up because of the intense power I felt coming from him.

Then, I felt myself falling very, very fast. I was literally slammed back into my body on the bed. I was slammed so hard that I sat up, shocked. I was so disappointed that I was out of his presence and back where everyone was so cruel. And I was so sick. I could still feel the electrified feeling of his touch. But once again, I was very sick. Then I went to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up I felt hungry so I ate. For the first time in 11 years I ate a full meal, not having any of the anorexic feelings I always had from before.

The same day was my doctor's appointment. When the doctor examined me and took some tests, he called a few days later wanting to see me. He told me that I had healthy kidney's. I was in shock. He said, "You do not have kidney failure anymore."

After this I only got better and better. The doctor still couldn't explain it. Nobody could. But I know why. Jesus touched me, my soul body, and healed me. The doctor just said there was no medical reason for my kidneys to be normal. The next time he saw me I had gained about fifteen pounds. Now, nine years later, I went from weighing 64 to 135 pounds. I have never had any kidney problems nor any other kind of health problems that anorexia can cause. I am fine. I am healthy.

And I will NEVER forget seeing Jesus. Never. I can't even think of him today without crying. I feel so special to have been touched by him and being able to talk to him and the fact that he had so much compassion for me. I have not encountered anything like that here.

Now to end this, I will tell you why my Grandpa was walking on his hands. My mother never believed me when I told her of my experience. I have only recently told her. I know Jesus said to tell everyone but it took nine years for me to say anything. I told my mother that I saw Grandpa and how he was thrilled to show me that he could walk on his hands. Her face went white. I asked her what was wrong. She said that when he was a teenager, he used to do that to impress people. She said he was very good at it and enjoyed showing off. But she said I must have heard about it from someone. I told her that I have never heard about it from anyone in the family. Many of them didn't even know it when I questioned them later. My Grandma told my mother when she was a child and that is why she recalled it. Grandpa was very old when I was born and the older he got, the more trouble he had doing anything. I knew nothing about him when he was a child. Nobody ever told me anything about him. So she knows there's no way I could know that. But she still doesn't believe that I went to heaven, even though she can't explain how I knew that Grandpa once could walk on his hands. He was very proud of this in heaven just as he was here.

I forgot to mention that I had seen all the pets I had as a child in heaven. Dogs and even parakeets whom I really loved. They had a caretaker - a man who took care of all the animals. So if anyone ever asks me if animals survive death, I have to say, "Yes!"

That is my story and even though I've sinned many times over since then, I know I'm forgiven when I ask to be. I live my life in such a way that if I were to die, heaven would be my home and I'll be reunited with my family and with Jesus again.

I have told other people on the Internet about this, but they don't believe in God and think I'm a nut. But I don't care. I keep remembering that verse in the Bible that says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. This is so true.

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/pets/susan.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 8:27am On Apr 13, 2020
Berkley Carter Mills' Near-Death Experience involving how JESUS CHRIST turned into a giant sphere of light and absorbed him with the ecstasy of love.

The following near-death experience appears in P.M.H. Atwater's book "Beyond the Light."

In 1979, Berkley Carter Mills made history in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the city of Lynchburg by becoming the youngest father ever to win custody of a small child in divorce proceedings. Six months later a massive load of compressed cardboard that Mills was loading, slipped out of control, slamming him against a steel pole. He remembers a sharp pain, collapsing, being in a black void, then finding himself floating in a prone position twelve feet above his crumpled body. He saw and heard people running around, yelling for an ambulance and saying, "Don't touch him, give him air."

His body went from white to blue; there was no breath. The sight filled him with awe.

"I'm here, my body is there. How did this happen?"

Not understanding how he could suddenly be airborne, Mills attempted to reenter his body. Crawling downward in swim-like strokes, he had almost reached his goal when a gentle but firm hand tugged his right arm. When he looked up, there were two angels replete with robes, wings, bare feet, and streaming hair - no color but opaque white - and no particular gender.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"We've come to take you to God," they answered.

After some confusion on Mills' part the trio left the scene at tremendous speed, leaving the Earth behind as if it were a star the size of a pinhead. Their destination was an intensely bright light.

Mills questioned, "How come I'm not cold and how come I'm not suffocating this far out in space?"

An angel replied, "This is your spiritual body, and these things do not affect it."

They took him to a suspended platform, and in the center was a being so powerful Mills thought it was God. The angels bowed and took their places with two others, each with wings outstretched and hands folded in prayer, at the platform's four corners. Male in mannerisms and voice, the clean-shaven being turned out to be Jesus.

Mills could not look Jesus in the face as he perceived himself as naked and unfit for such an audience. After some coaxing from Jesus, he felt more at ease.

"I'm going to judge you," Jesus said.

Instantly Mills' whole life began to play out, starting at birth. He relived being a tiny spark of light traveling to Earth as soon as egg and sperm met and entering his mother's womb. In mere seconds, he had to choose hair color and eyes out of the genetic material available to him and any genes that might give him the body he would need. He bypassed the gene for club footedness, then watched from a soul's perspective as cells subdivided. He could hear his parents whenever they spoke and feel their emotions, but any knowledge of his past lives dissolved.

Birth was a shock: awful lights, giant people, eyes peering over face masks. His only comfort was his mother.

He relived each incident in his life, including killing a mother bird when he was eight. He was so proud of that single shot until he felt the pain the bird's three babies went through when they starved to death without her.

"It's not true that only humans have souls," Mills cautions today. "Insects, animals, plants have souls, too. Yes, I still eat meat, for in this realm species eat each other to survive, but I bless my food and say thanks for the gift life gives. If I don't the food sours in my stomach."

He was shown that hell is a black blankness without God.

Upset, he yelled back, "How can you sit up here on this throne and allow such misery to happen on Earth?"

Gently he was told, "It's your own fault. I gave you the tools to live by. I gave you free will and free choice. And I allow you to be part of my creation. It is your free will and your free choice that is responsible for starvation, war, and hate."

Mills felt pangs of guilt when he realized we coexist with God. No one is God's servant or slave.

Jesus, the angels and platform, disintegrated into a giant sphere of light once Mills no longer needed their shape or form to put him at ease. As the sphere grew it absorbed him, infused him with the ecstasy of unconditional love.

"Sexual orgasms can't compare. You are so high. Magnify that to infinity!"

He zoomed back to his mangled remains as a ball of all-knowing light and crashed into his solar plexus with such force it jolted his body to action.

He had been told before leaving the Other Side, "No hospital, no blood, no operation. God will show you how to heal yourself."

Thus, when Mills stood, he promptly walked to his car and drove home, on the way passing the ambulance that had been sent to rescue him. Those present verified that he had been dead for twenty minutes. The next morning Mills awoke in a pool of blood.

The doctor he went to for aid committed him to a psychiatric ward as insane when he refused surgery. Since three independent psychiatrists had to confirm the verdict, and one objected, Mills was released. Although his injuries were extensive and severe, he recovered by himself and returned to work. His former wife took advantage of his plight and challenged the custody ruling three times. She lost each try.

"The authorities tried to take my son away. I lost half my friends, my job, almost everything else I had, but I didn't lose God's guidance. I wouldn't talk about my experience for two years. I went from an active social life to that of a cripple before I could change things. I wanted to get a degree in psychology, but had to quit several years later when my money ran out."

Berkley Carter Mills' appearance on the Geraldo Show in 1989 was preceded by an old buddy breaking off their friendship just because he had agreed to discuss his near-death experience on national television. Mills was heartbroken, yet appear he did, there and hundreds of other places, sharing the voluminous knowledge he was given while on The Other Side. For this he has been both hated and thanked, shunned and welcomed. His mind is often flooded with incredibly accurate prophesies that leave him frustrated for want of knowing what to do about them. Sometimes he feels as if he's losing personal control. Light bulbs even blow up in his presence if he flips on/off switches too fast. Nonetheless, he is now healthier than ever, youthful and energetic, and he brags about how his son has turned out in spite of all the problems. "My sacrifices were worth it, for my son knows that God is real. He is drug free and tuned to his own soul."

"To appreciate heaven well it is good for a man to have some fifteen minutes of hell." - Will Carleton

https://www.near-death.com/religion/christianity/berkley-carter-mills.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2020
Guenter Wagner's Near Death Experience involving how JESUS CHRIST and Guenter Wagner together traveled back in time to the Stone Age to watch cave men and women.

I do not know exactly how old I was when I had this experience, but everything happened in our new home, so I must have been 11 years old, at least.

On that day I left my flat on the first floor when, all of a sudden, I heard a voice behind me. I quickly turned around but there was nobody. I cannot recall the exact words, but the voice said, in effect, that the quality of my world that I knew of was nothing compared to the one that he would be able to show me. “Nonsense,” I said to myself and started to run down the stairs to the basement in a boisterous and cheerful way. There were only a few steps left when I jumped up high knocking my head against the ceiling.

The impact of this blow sent me down on my knees and I quickly passed out. I fell into a deep blackness. I remember going through a kind of black hose. At the end of it, I felt being drawn back by a mysterious force, but I resisted because I did not want to go back through that black hose again. I went forward and suddenly I found myself in a gray space.

I did not know where I was, and, looking around, I saw in some distance someone slowly coming towards me. Actually, I did not see this figure at all because there was nothing to look at. However, I sensed a gray figure being there. I definitely knew that there was someone. I said, "I have lost my way. Could you please show me the right way back?"

The next thing I knew was that I was lying on the basement floor. I heard this extremely uncomfortable ringing noise, which gradually became more and more intense. Then the noise stopped, and, all of a sudden, I realized that a white, gauze-like material was very slowly oozing out of my head.

It took on the shape of a very long stocking and floated at a slight angle right above me. I became very embarrassed, because I did not want to be seen by anyone with this material coming out of me. Meanwhile, more of this gauze-like material was collecting itself under the ceiling and I could not do anything to stop it. I did not feel any pain whatsoever in this process.

Suddenly it dawned on me that I was out of my body. It must have happened the moment this oozing stopped. I saw a body lying on the floor, which could only belong to me. I was shivering and I quickly wanted to return to my body and its warmth when I heard someone say:

"Stop! Before going back, see what it is like outside!"

[Webmaster note: I believe this is the voice of another soul in the Void]
Return to Top

2. Reaching a Decision Inside the Void

However, I did not pay any attention to the voice. Although I could not see any physical body but my own, this voice was quite near. Then I heard it again, this time it was begging me very earnestly:

"Please, do not go back, I beseech you. Why do you not want to discover your new faculties first? You may still go back if you do not like them.”

I hesitated. After all, this voice was right. Why shouldn't I give it a try? On that the voice said quickly:

"Test your mind! If you do you will discover that you can think in a way you have never experienced before."

The voice was right again. I could think very lucidly indeed, and I was able to understand very quickly with a directness that did not leave a trace of doubt. Then I heard the voice again:

"If you are willing to stay outside of your body, you will make a wonderful journey and you will see many interesting things. However, you must decide quickly! So hurry up!"

Eventually I began to consider the whole situation. It was really up to me whether I wanted to return to my body and live the life on Earth with all its limitations and with all its joy or to stay outside in this condition of clear thinking. The voice again urged me to hurry up and to tell him whether I had made up my mind.
Return to Top

3. Experiencing the Earthbound Realm

I gave in. I decided to stay outside and I instantly realized that my body had to die, meaning total destruction by decay. I thought to myself, "How sad for my mother!"

As for me, I did not feel any regrets, because my body was now only a wrapper to me, a burden of which I freed myself the moment I had decided to stay outside.

Presently I realized that I was able to move freely about in a way I had never experienced before. I was floating right through the walls of our house (I saw my mother in front of the kitchen stove cooking a meal) and up into the sky. In the distance, I saw a great shining ball, which was the sun. I felt irresistibly attracted to it by its brightness and I wanted to go right into it. No sooner had I thought this when I hit something that catapulted me far out into blackness. I tried once more, but it all happened again. I quickly learned that there had to be an invisible barrier that I could only approach but not overcome.
Return to Top

6. Entering a Heavenly World Through the Tunnel

I covered the distance instantly. This time there was no barrier that would repel me. The light came from another world. (While our world is black with lights in it - this other world is bright). However, I could not enter this world. I was moving around in every direction trying to figure out a passageway to this world. I soon realized that there was only one possibility: Hurling myself down this black abyss that lay right in front of me. I hesitated. I did not have the courage to jump.

But, suddenly, I heard the voice again, "There is no other way! You will have to jump! Jump! Jump!"

Then I jumped. I do not know what happened next, but I do remember very vividly that I suddenly found myself moving at a tremendous speed through a tunnel of blackness. I had entered this tunnel headfirst. My whole being was in a kind of a cylinder or pipe and I shot through this tunnel like a capsule in the tubes of a pneumatic post.

I was moving faster and faster, until I was ejected far into this new universe. The blackness was instantly substituted by a sort of dim brightness (if I may say so). I tumbled over myself several times very vehemently until I felt being slowed down by this new world. I remember thinking, "Why are they treating me so rough?"

I felt this new world closing in on while simultaneously the old world was retreating until I was completely taken up by this new world.

While being ejected I heard the voice shout at me, "This is your world! You do not belong to us! You have to remain in this world! Don't you ever try to come back."

I turned around and I saw a piece of the black world, which I must have trailed behind me while being ejected, withdraw to the opening where it was finally sucked up. The moment the old world was shut out, I was immediately taken up by the new one, so much so, that I was thoroughly convinced that I could only further exist in this new world. I had no choice anyway. The black world was gone. I was now an inseparable part of this new world. I thought to myself, "This scoundrel of a voice! He has betrayed me by forcing me into this world. There is no way back! This is final! Hopefully, I will be able to breathe and not suffocate to death."

Therefore, I tried to breathe, but I soon found out that no breathing was necessary. I simply could exist. As long as I was in the black world, I had never thought about breathing.

As I said earlier, everything around me was dimly bright. Although it was bright, I could not see clearly. The impact of the finality of the condition I was in was overwhelming. Although I felt being part of this new world I did not know anything about it. I felt utterly alone, betrayed, very tiny and insignificant. No other soul far and wide. I started wailing about my situation. I did not know what to do. I felt very miserable.
Return to Top

11. Seeing the Future with the Being of Light

Then the Being of Light wanted to talk to me on a man-to-man basis. He placed me on top of a high mountain where I had to sit on a large piece of rock.

I asked him why he had wanted to destroy me, and he told me that there existed also evil but very powerful and cunning beings who were his enemies with whom he had been constantly fighting. He also told me that I had to warn my world against them, and I automatically nodded in agreement. He said that his enemies had wanted to play a trick on him by using me as a kind of trap, but he had to defend this world and the black one. His world, however, would be much easier for him to defend, because the evil beings had no power in it and he had no power in the black world.

I realized having been positioned in such a way that I was able to overlook a huge stretch of clouds that were marvelously illuminated from below. Suddenly a flash of lightning whose intense light was much greater than that of the bright world, forced me to look up. Then a big bang followed, but I was totally unperturbed. On the horizon, I saw smoke bulging out of the clouds and gradually taking on the shape of a mushroom. It grew larger and larger and brighter and brighter. I was in complete awe. Suddenly everything was gone.

I heard the light call, "Look here!"

I turned around, and I heard screams and I saw fire and smoke almost surrounding me.

I did not comprehend what this was all about, when suddenly the light cried:

"I will do everything in my power to prevent this from happening!"

Then everything was over. Again, the bright light wanted to talk about his enemies. However, I was still very impressed with what had just happened. So I thought to myself, "Oh no, not again!"

However, the light made me aware of the fact that this war had been going on for a very long time, and the evil beings had become more and more powerful, and if this continued he would not see any means of preventing them from taking over everything. He said that if the enemy had really succeeded in coming into his world, the war would have been lost. He would have been powerful enough, no doubt, to fight them off, but the war would have been lost in the long run. He was really afraid of loosing this war. Then it was intimated to me that he needed help. I wanted to help him, and I replied, "Yes, but how?"
Return to Top

12. Receiving Knowledge of His Mission in Life

He answered that the only way I could help him was by going back and telling my world what had happened to me. I was completely shocked to hear him say so, because I did not want to go back. I was so depressed that I almost started to cry.

All of a sudden he asked, "Would you like to know what will become of you later on in your life?"

I looked up and answered cheerfully, "Yes, I would love to."

The light said, "You will become a teacher."

To a certain extent I was disappointed and repeated, "A teacher?"

The light replied, "Imagine a teacher in your world and show me what it is like being one."

I imagined, quite vividly, a teacher who was standing in front of his pupils giving lessons.

The light said, "No, not that kind of teacher."

I was then thinking of a university professor lecturing to his students.

The light said, "Not that kind of teacher. You are going to teach the university teachers!"

I was surprised and almost could not believe it. Besides, I considered this quite difficult. I imagined a map of my world, and I saw myself in future life going from place to place, from university to university teaching the university teachers of my world.

But the light said, "No, not like that. They will come to you!"

I replied, "To my house?"

The light said, "Yes, imagine such a situation."

I imagined our house on Earth, our living room, and I saw myself sitting on a chair opposite a stern-looking, respectable professor, trying to teach him. However, I failed. I was too embarrassed and too shy. I said, "I do not think I am clever enough to do this. Moreover, I have a speech impediment."

The light replied, "You will become a new type of teacher and I am going to explain it to you in a moment."

He then paused, and I looked up and saw myself lying on a hospital bed that was being pushed down a very long corridor by a member of the medical staff. I asked, slightly alarmed, "Am I being ill?"

The light replied, "No! Just a little bit confused. You will be taken to hospital where you will get a shot and fall into a very deep sleep."

I was not worried any more.

And the light said, "But let me explain this new type of teacher. You are going to teach while being in a sort of sleep. However, it will not be the kind of sleep that you know of. While being asleep, you will be able to hear and talk, and they will come to you and ask you questions."

I was deeply impressed, but also worried. So I asked, "Will I feel pain in this process?"

The light replied, "No, it will not hurt you."

I gradually became accustomed to the idea of becoming a teacher. So I asked, "Will they also learn their lessons?"

He made a suggestive face, meaning that he was not sure about that. I asked him another question, "Will I also teach them when I am awake?"

The light replied, "No, you will certainly speak to them when you are awake. But what you say while being asleep will be of much more importance."

And he showed me a room in which I saw myself sitting on a chair talking to someone. I actually did not see myself neither did I see the person to whom I was speaking. Nevertheless, I definitely knew that it was I, because I was now in that room looking about. I saw a low table, books on the walls, two windows, and drapes that were moving in front of a window by a slight draught of wind.

Suddenly the room disappeared and the light said, "Before doing this, you will have to write down everything that has happened to you. Every detail of it. You will have to make a scientific report."

I said, "Of course."

The light said, "But I am afraid you will have forgotten everything."

I shook my head in disbelief.

But he said, "You cannot even tell me now how you came here."

I could not belief him and tried to remember what had happened on Earth. However, to my great surprise, I was not able to do so.

The light said, "Do not worry. A book will help you. In fact, there will be two books, but the first one will be more important. Besides, you will have many books."
Return to Top

13. Traveling Back Into Time to the Stone Age

Suddenly the light became quite enthusiastic and said that I was to be the first teacher of this new type, and there would be a lot more to come. I was disappointed to hear him say so. Nevertheless, the light wanted to show what it meant being the first.

He asked, "What do you think? How many people are there in your world?”

I said, "40 millions may be?"

The light replied, "No, many more. You must not only think of those who are alive. Take into account all the human beings that are dead and you will have a huge number of people. Let us go back in time, as far back as possible, and tell me how far back we should go."

I said, "Middle Ages?"

The light replied, "No, farther back."

I said, "The birth of Christ?"

The light said, "No, farther back."

I was thinking hard, "Adam and Eve?"

The light replied, "No, not that. Go farther back in time and think of what you have learned in your history lessons."

I was thinking for some time. Eventually I blurted out, "Stone Age?"

He was disappointed, and he said, "You should have known better, but I think Stone Age will do."

He then told me that in that age there were not many people living on Earth. However, they were free to walk wherever they wanted to go, and that there were no borders that would keep them from roaming about. I said, "How beautiful."
Return to Top

14. Trying to Understand Life in the Stone Age

I was imagining a map of Europe, which I had seen in my Atlas, with all its borders. I did not have much time to think about all this, because, all of a sudden, I saw human beings back on Earth. I was looking down on a group of people, men and women, who were dressed in furs, sitting around a campfire. I could see a woman with her baby on her back, and a man who was standing in front of the group obviously making a speech. Another man stood a little apart.

All of a sudden, I heard a loud cry of disappointment, and the guttural voice of the man in front of the group of people. I did not understand what he was saying.

The scene disappeared and the light said, "I am going to translate for you, but you must concentrate very hard."

I certainly wanted to do so, because I was eager to hear what this man was talking about. Therefore, I started to concentrate.

The light said, "You call this concentration? You have to concentrate much harder!"

I was amazed to hear him say so, because I considered my first attempt quite satisfactory. Nevertheless, he wanted me to do better.

The light said, "Let's have another go!"

I closed my eyes and began concentrating extremely hard. However, the light was not in the least satisfied.

He said, "I think it is useless."

However, suddenly the tone of his voice became very gentle and he came close to me and said tenderly:

"The reason for my asking you to concentrate so hard is that, later on, you should be able to tell everything as accurately as possible. So you need to concentrate like you have never done before on what this man is going to say."

And he added in a different voice that betrayed his disappointment:

"This is a final attempt. If you fail this time, it will be no use trying any longer!"

Read the whole story by clicking the link below:

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/guenter-wagner.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2020
Lynn's Near Death Experience involving how JESUS CHRIST told her(Lynn) that her heart condition was given to her to stay compassionate.

1. Lynn's Out-of-Body Observations of Family and Doctors

"The last thing I remember in surgery was a male voice saying in a very matter-of-fact way, 'Uh-oh, we have a problem here.'

"The next thing I knew I was floating around the ceiling looking down on my body. My chest was open wide and I could see my internal organs. I remember thinking how odd it was that my organs were a beautiful pearl gray, not at all like the bright red chucks in the horror flicks I loved to watch. I also noticed there was a black doctor and an Oriental one on the operating team. The reason this stuck in my mind is that I was brought up in a very white middle-class neighborhood, and I had seen black schoolteachers but never a black doctor. I'd met the operating team the day before, but they were all white.

"Suddenly, I had to move on, so I floated into the waiting room, where my parents were. My father had his head buried in my mother's lap. He was kneeling at her feet, his arms wrapped around her waist, and he was sobbing. My mother was stroking his head, whispering to him. This scene shocked me, as my father was not prone to showing emotions. Once I realize they would be fine, I felt myself pulled into a horizontal tunnel.

"The ride through the tunnel was like nothing else. I remember thinking, 'So this is death.'

"The tunnel was dark, and every once in a while something that looking like lightning would flash across my path. These flashes were brilliant in color and didn't scare me. At the end of the tunnel was a bright light."
Return to Top

2. Her Reunion With Her Deceased Dogs

Great Dane"From the light came two dogs of mine. One was a collie named Mimi who had died three years previously from an infection, and the other was a boxer named Sam who had died two years before after being hit by a car. The dogs came running and jumped on me and kissed my face with their tongues. Their tongues weren't wet, and I felt no weight when they jumped on me. The dogs seemed to glow from a light that was inside them.

"I recall saying to myself, 'Thank you, God, for letting my dogs be alive.'

"I hugged my dogs as tight as I could. I then called my dogs and together we started walking toward the light. All colors were in the light and it was warm, a living thing, and there were people as far as the eye could see, and they were glowing with an inner light - just like my dogs. In the distance I could see fields, hills, and a sky.

"The light spoke and it said, 'Lynn, it is not time for you yet. Go back, child.'

"I put my hand up to touch the top of the light. I knew then that I had touched the face of God. I told God that I loved him, and I wanted to stay with him.

"Again the light said, 'Lynn, go back. It is not time for you. You have work to do for me. Go back.'

"I know this sounds silly, but I asked the light, 'If I go, can I come back and will my dogs still be here waiting for me?'

"The light said, 'Yes,' and then told me there were people who wanted to see me before I left."
Return to Top

3. Her Homecoming With Grandparents and an Unknown Uncle

"From out of the light came my maternal grandparents. I ran to them and embraced them. They were going to walk me part of the way back.

"Just as I was turning to leave, a man stepped from the light. He wore a full dress uniform, U.S. Navy. He was very tall and very blond, with blue eyes. I had never seen the man before, but he knew me and smiled.

"'I am your uncle Franklin. Tell Dorothy that I'm okay and that the baby is with me. Tell her I never stopped loving her and that I am glad she got on with her life. Tell her that when her time comes, I will come for her. Remember to tell her I love her.'

"As I turned, the man shouted, 'Tell Dorothy, tell her you met Franklin and I'm okay and so is the baby.'

"My grandparents told me if I stayed any longer I might not make it back. But I wanted to talk with Jesus. I had a very important question to ask him."
Return to Top

4. An Important Question Answered By Jesus

"A beam of light, different from yet similar to the first one, covered me. I knew this light was Christ. I leaned against it for one moment and then asked my question.

"'Dear Jesus, is it true that you gave me this heart condition so that I would have a cross to carry like you did?' (Sister Agnes, my sixth-grade teacher, had told me that my heart condition was my cross to bear from Christ.) I heard the voice of Christ vibrate through me as he said, 'No, this heart condition of yours is not a cross from me for you to bear. This heart condition is a challenge to help you grow and stay compassionate. Now, go back.'
Return to Top

5. Her Future Foretold and an Interesting Tunnel Experience

"As I walked back, my grandmother told me that my father was going to leave my mother and that I would be my mother's strength.

"I saw people hiding in the tunnel, people who were afraid to come into the light or who were disoriented about where they were. I expressed concern for them but was told not to worry, as a guide would be along to help them. Some of these people looked like soldiers. Then I remembered Vietnam and I knew where the soldiers were coming from."
Return to Top

6. Psychic Aftereffects and Verified Out-of-Body Perception

Lynn detailed what it was like to be resuscitated and then wake up hours later hooked up to a myriad of tubes. She recalls being unable to speak and being fascinated by shadows moving among the medical staff, shadows she came to realize were people who had died there. She claims it didn't take long before she could watch death take place -- to see the soul as it exited the body. Her doctor released her after a month because he was afraid that all the time she spent talking to dead or misplaced souls would drive her crazy. Her early release pleased her father, as if it gave him an excuse to be cold and unemotional again.

"The day I left, in front of my parents, I asked Dr. Davidson who the black doctor was in the operating room. Dr. Davidson said he had been called in at the last minute when one of the team members became ill. He wanted to know if this doctor had been by to say hi, but I said no, I saw him during surgery. Dr. Davidson stopped smiling and told me to go home and forget everything."

Once Lynn returned home, her life changed. Light bulbs would pop if she got angry, and formerly inanimate objects would move around of their own accord (the research term for this is psychokinesis). She would see images whenever she touched anything (synesthesia). From touching jewelry, she could tell who owned it and where it had been worn (psychometry). When she looked at a person, she could see their life in flashes, including their future (clairvoyance). School became easy, as she no longer had to study to get really good grades (intelligence enhancement). But sunshine bothered her, and so did loud noise (increased sensitivity to light and sound).
Return to Top

7. Lynn's Foretold Future Becomes Reality

"My father left us. In front of the whole family, he told me he thought I was crazy and belonged in a mental hospital. It was Thanksgiving Day, one year after my surgery.

"I told my father I could prove I wasn't crazy. I turned to Aunt Dorothy and said, 'Who is Franklin?'

There was silence. Every eye at the table was on me. Mouths were wide open. Uncle George, who was married to Aunt Dorothy, looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, 'Lynn, if you wanted to hurt me, you've done a good job.'

"Everyone went home early and my father left us.

"A few weeks later my aunt wanted to know how I knew about Franklin. I told her exactly what had happened during surgery.

"Then my aunt led me up to her attic and unlocked a large trunk. (I had never been in her attic before, nor had I seen the trunk.) She pulled out pictures of the man I had seen in the light.

"My aunt told me that she had married Franklin during World War II, after a brief twenty-four-hour courtship. She had been engaged to Uncle George at the time, but left him for Franklin. My aunt started to cry as she told me that she and Franklin were very happy together for two months, and then he was shipped out. After he left, she discovered she was pregnant. When she was seven months along, my aunt received word that Franklin had been killed in the invasion of Italy. He was on the lead ship dropping off troops. The news caused her to miscarry. She hemorrhaged so badly that a complete hysterectomy had to be performed to save her. The next year Uncle George married her and destroyed all pictures of Franklin, requesting that everyone in the family never speak Franklin's name again. The only pictures to survive were those Aunt Dorothy hid in the trunk."
Return to Top

8. The Bitter Aftermath Involving Her Beloved Great Dane

With this final verification of what she had seen during her near-death experience, Lynn became openly confident and trusting, although she preferred solitude to a social life. She lost all fear of death, changed her diet to include less meat, began to exhibit steadily increasing displays of psychic abilities, and became a friend of ghosts.

Yet the guilt she felt about her father's actions and what he did to her Great Dane still haunts her. When her father left the family, he took Lynn's beloved Great Dane, Harvey. He would phone her and accuse her of being possessed by the devil because of her psychic ability and knowledge gained about Franklin. Her father would phone her and threatened to kill Harvey unless she became a Christian. One day, he made good on that threat.

"I couldn't believe my father actually did it until that night, when Harvey's soul came to say good-bye and let me know he was okay.

"For years afterward I'd have coughing fits where I could hardly breathe. It wasn't until I reached adulthood that I connected the coughing to my pent-up emotions about my dog's death."

After years of counseling. Lynn has yet to release the grief she feels about her near-death experience.

"My father walked out on our family because of me, because of how I changed after my episode, and my relationship with my uncle was never the same again. My family was badly hurt and my dog was killed, and it's all my fault."
Return to Top

"Despise not death, but welcome it, for nature wills it like all else." - Marcus Aurelius

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/pets/lynn.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
Betty Eadie's Near-Death Experience involving how JESUS CHRIST revealed her mission to her in order to encourage her to return.

When Betty Eadie book Embraced by the Light was first published, it quickly became a New York Times bestseller and was the first of many "by the Light" books published about the NDE. Eadie followed up her bestseller with the books, Awakening Heart and The Ripple Effect. Visit her website at www.embracedbythelight.com for more information about her. Betty's NDE testimony is one of the most detailed and most profound testimony ever documented in my opinion. "Embraced" was certainly the most popular and important book about the NDE since Raymond Moody's ground-breaking book "Life After Life" book was published in 1975. The following excerpts are from Betty Eadie's New York Times bestseller, Embraced by the Light, reprinted by permission.

Table of Contents

1. Introduction to Betty's NDE
2. Leaving Her Body
3. Entering the Light of Christ
4. Learning From the Lord
5. Escorted Through Heaven
Return to Top

1. Introduction to Betty's NDE

On November 18, 1973, Betty Eadie succumbed to complications due to a partial-hysterectomy surgery and had a near-death experience. Afterwards, Betty suffered with depression so painful was her separation from the light of love - she experienced during her moments of clinical death. Twenty years later, after sharing her story with family and friends, and with critically ill cancer patients, Betty was urged to write her experience so that a wider audience might share its beauty. In 1992, Embraced by the Light was published by a small press out of Carson City, Nevada. Embraced became a permanent fixture on the New York Times Bestsellers list, spending more than a year at number one.
Return to Top

2. Leaving Her Body

Betty Eadie leaves her body through her chest and floats above her bed. Three hooded monk-like beings appear whom she identifies to be her guardian angels. They tell her that they have been with her for "eternities" and that she died prematurely. Concerned about her family that she left behind, she travels in spirit to her home to see them; but she discovers that she cannot be seen by them. Betty then returns to her body where her guardian angels are waiting for her.
Return to Top

3. Entering the Light of Jesus Christ

[The following is in Betty's own words.]

I saw a pinpoint of light in the distance. The black mass around me began to take on more of the shape of a tunnel, and I felt myself traveling through it at an even greater speed, rushing toward the light. I was instinctively attracted to it, although again, I felt that others might not be. As I approached it, I noticed the figure of a man standing in it, with the light radiating all around him. As I got closer the light became brilliant - brilliant beyond any description, far more brilliant than the sun - and I knew that no earthly eyes in their natural state could look upon this light without being destroyed. Only spiritual eyes could endure it - and appreciate it. As I drew closer I began to stand upright.

I saw that the light immediately around him was golden, as if his whole body had a golden halo around it, and I could see that the golden halo burst out from around him and spread into a brilliant, magnificent whiteness that extended out for some distance. I felt his light blending into mine, literally, and I felt my light being drawn to his. It was as if there were two lamps in a room, both shining, their light merging together. It's hard to tell where one light ends and the other begins; they just become one light. Although his light was much brighter than my own, I was aware that my light, too, illuminated us. And as our lights merged, I felt as if I had stepped into his countenance, and I felt an utter explosion of love.

It was the most unconditional love I have ever felt, and as I saw his arms open to receive me I went to him and received his complete embrace and said over and over, "I'm home. I'm home, I'm finally home." I felt his enormous spirit and knew that I had always been a part of him, that in reality I had never been away from him.

And I knew that I was worthy to be with him, to embrace him. I knew that he was aware of all my sins and faults, but that they didn't matter right now. He just wanted to hold me and share his love with me, and I wanted to share mine with him.

There was no questioning who he was, I knew that he was my savior, and friend, and God. He was Jesus Christ, who had always loved me, even when I thought he hated me. He was life itself, love itself, and his love gave me a fullness of joy, even to overflowing. I knew that I had known him from the beginning, from long before my Earth life, because my spirit remembered him.

All my life I had feared him, and I now saw - I knew - that he was my choicest friend. Gently, he opened his arms and let me stand back far enough to look into his eyes, and he said, "Your death was premature, it is not yet your time." No words ever spoken have penetrated me more than these. Until then, I had felt no purpose in life; I had simply ambled along looking for love and goodness but never really knowing if my actions were right. Now, within his words, I felt a mission, a purpose; I didn't know what it was, but I knew that my life on Earth had not been meaningless.

It was not yet my time.

My time would come when my mission, my purpose, my meaning in this life was accomplished. I had a reason for existing on Earth. But even though I understood this, my spirit rebelled. Did this mean I would have to go back? I said to him, "No, I can never leave you now."

He understood what I meant, and his love and acceptance for me never wavered. My thoughts raced on: "Is this Jesus, God, the being I feared all my life? He is nothing like what I had thought. He is filled with love."
Return to Top

4. Learning From the Lord

Then questions began coming to my mind. I wanted to know why I had died as I had - not prematurely, but how my spirit had come to him before the resurrection. I was still laboring under the teachings and beliefs of my childhood. His light now began to fill my mind, and my questions were answered even before I fully asked them. His light was knowledge. It had power to fill me with all truth. As I gained confidence and let the light flow into me, my questions came faster than I thought possible, and they were just as quickly answered. And the answers were absolute and complete. In my fears, I had misinterpreted death, had expected something that was not so. The grave was never intended for the spirit - only for the body. I felt no judgment for having been mistaken. There was just a feeling that a simple, living truth had replaced my error.

I understood that he was the son of God, though he himself was also a God, and that he had chosen from before the creation of the world to be our savior. I understood, or rather, I remembered, his role as creator of the Earth. His mission was to come into the world to teach love. This knowledge was more like remembering. Things were coming back to me from long before my life on Earth, things that had been purposely blocked from me by a "veil" of forgetfulness at my birth. As more questions bubbled out of me, I became aware of his sense of humor. Almost laughing, he suggested that I slow down, that I could know all I desired.

But I wanted to know everything, from beginning to end. My curiosity had always been a torment to my parents and husband - and sometimes to me - but now it was a blessing, and I was thrilled with the freedom of learning. I was being taught by the master teacher! My comprehension was such that I could understand volumes in an instant. It was as if I could look at a book and comprehend it at a glance - as though I could just sit back while the book revealed itself to me in every detail, forward and backward, inside and out, every nuance and possible suggestion.

All in an instant. As I comprehended one thing, more questions and answers would come to me, all building on each other, and interacting as if all truth were intrinsically connected. The word "omniscient" had never been more meaningful to me. Knowledge permeated me. In a sense it became me, and I was amazed at my ability to comprehend the mysteries of the universe simply by reflecting on them.

I wanted to know why there were so many churches in the world. Why didn't God give us only one church, one pure religion? The answer came to me with the purest of understanding. Each of us, I was told, is at a different level of spiritual development and understanding. Each person is therefore prepared for a different level of spiritual knowledge. All religions upon the Earth are necessary because there are people who need what they teach. People in one religion may not have a complete understanding of the Lord's gospel and never will have while in that religion. But that religion is used as a stepping stone to further knowledge. Each church fulfills spiritual needs that perhaps others cannot fill. No one church can fulfill everybody's needs at every level. As an individual raises his level of understanding about God and his own eternal progress, he might feel discontented with the teachings of his present church and seek a different philosophy or religion to fill that void. When this occurs he has reached another level of understanding and will long for further truth and knowledge, and for another opportunity to grow. And at every step of the way, these new opportunities to learn will be given.

Having received this knowledge, I knew that we have no right to criticize any church or religion in any way. They are all precious in his sight. Very special people with important missions have been placed in all countries, in all religions, in every station of life, that they might touch others. There is a fullness of the gospel, but most people will not attain it here. In order to grasp this truth, we need to listen to the Spirit and let go of our egos.

I wanted to learn the purpose of life on the Earth. Why are we here? As I basked in the love of Jesus Christ, I couldn't imagine why any spirit would voluntarily leave this wonderful paradise and all it offered - worlds to explore and ideas to create and knowledge to gain. Why would anyone want to come here? In answer, I remembered the creation of the Earth. I actually experienced it as if it were being reenacted before my eyes. This was important. Jesus wanted me to internalize this knowledge. He wanted me to know how I felt when the creation occurred. And the only way to do that was for me to view it again and feel what I had felt before.

All people as spirits in the pre-mortal world took part in the creation of the Earth. We were thrilled to be part of it. We were with God, and we knew that he created us, that we were his very own children. He was pleased with our development and was filled with absolute love for each one of us. Also, Jesus Christ was there. I understood, to my surprise, that Jesus was a separate being from God, with his own divine purpose, and I knew that God was our mutual Father. My Protestant upbringing had taught me that God the Father and Jesus Christ were one being. As we all assembled, the Father explained that coming to Earth for a time would further our spiritual growth. Each spirit who was to come to Earth assisted in planning the conditions on Earth, including the laws of mortality which would govern us. These included the laws of physics as we know them, the limitations of our bodies, and spiritual powers that we would be able to access. We assisted God in the development of plants and animal life that would be here. Everything was created of spirit matter before it was created physically - solar systems, suns, moons, stars, planets, life upon the planets, mountains, rivers, seas, etc. I saw this process, and then, to further understand it, I was told by the savior that the spirit creation could be compared to one of our photographic prints; the spirit creation would be like a sharp, brilliant print, and the Earth would be like its dark negative. This Earth is only a shadow of the beauty and glory of its spirit creation, but it is what we needed for our growth. It was important that I understand that we all assisted in creating our conditions here.

Many times the creative thoughts we have in this life are the result of unseen inspiration. Many of our important inventions and even technological developments were first created in the spirit by spirit prodigies. Then individuals on Earth received the inspiration to create these inventions here. I understood that there is a vital, dynamic link between the spirit world and mortality, and that we need the spirits on the other side for our progression. I also saw that they are very happy to assist us in any way they can.

I saw that in the pre-mortal world we knew about and even chose our missions in life. I understood that our stations in life are based upon the objectives of those missions. Through divine knowledge we knew what many of our tests and experiences would be, and we prepared accordingly. We bonded with others - family members and friends - to help us complete our missions. We needed their help. We came as volunteers, each eager to learn and experience all that God had created for us. I knew that each of us who made the decision to come here was here was a valiant spirit. Even the least developed among us here was strong and valiant there. We were given agency to act for ourselves here. Our own actions determine the course of our lives, and we can alter or redirect our lives at any time. I understood that this was crucial; God made the promise that he wouldn't intervene in our lives unless we asked him. And then through his omniscient knowledge he would help us attain our righteous desires. We were grateful for this ability to express our free will and to exercise its power. This would allow each of us to obtain great joy or to choose that which will bring us sadness. The choice would be ours through our decisions.

I was actually relieved to find that the Earth is not our natural home, that we did not originate here. I was gratified to see that the Earth is only a temporary place for our schooling and that sin is not our true nature. Spiritually, we are at various degrees of light - which is knowledge - and because of our divine, spiritual nature we are filled with the desire to do good.

Our earthly selves, however, are constantly in opposition to our spirits. I saw how weak the flesh is. But it is persistent. Although our spirit bodies are full of light, truth, and love, they must battle constantly to overcome the flesh, and this strengthens them. Those who are truly developed will find a perfect harmony between their flesh and spirits, a harmony that will bless them with peace and give them the ability to help others.

As we learn to abide by the laws of this creation, we learn how to use those laws to our own good. We learn how to live in harmony with the creative powers around us. God has given us individual talents, some more and some less according to our needs. As we use these talents, we learn how to work with and eventually understand, the laws and overcome the limitations of this life. By understanding these laws we are better able to serve those around us. Whatever we become here in mortality is meaningless unless it is done for the benefit of others. Our gifts and talents are given to us to help us serve. And in serving others we grow spiritually.

Above all, I was shown that love is supreme. I saw that truly without love we are nothing. We are here to help each other, to care for each other, to understand, forgive, and serve one another. We are here to have love for every person born on Earth. Their earthly form might be black, yellow, brown, handsome, ugly, thin, fat, wealthy, poor, intelligent, or ignorant, but we are not to judge by these appearances. Each spirit has the capacity to be filled with love and eternal energy. At the beginning, each possesses some degree of light and truth that can be more fully developed. We cannot measure these things. Only God knows the heart of man, and only God can judge perfectly. He knows our spirits; we see only temporary strengths and weaknesses. Because of our own limitations, we can seldom look into the heart of man.

I knew that anything we do to show love is worthwhile: a smile, a word of encouragement, a small act of sacrifice. We grow by these actions. Not all people are lovable, but when we find someone difficult for us to love, it is often because they remind us of something within ourselves that we don't like. I learned that we must love our enemies - let go of anger, hate, envy, bitterness, and the refusal to forgive. These things destroy the spirit. We will have to account for how we treat others.

Upon receiving the plan of creation, we sang in rejoicing and were filled with God's love. We were filled with joy as we saw the growth we would have here on Earth and the joyous bonds we would create with each other.

Then we watched as the Earth was created. We watched as our spirit brothers and sisters entered physical bodies for their turns upon the Earth, each experiencing the pains and joys that would help them progress. I distinctly remember watching the American pioneers crossing the continent and rejoicing as they endured their difficult tasks and completed their missions. I knew that only those who needed that experience were placed there. I saw the angels rejoicing for those who endured their trials and succeeded and grieving for those who failed. I saw that some failed because of their own weaknesses, and some failed because of the weaknesses of others. I sensed that many of us who were not there would not have been up to the tasks, that we would have made lousy pioneers, and we would have been the cause of more suffering for others. Likewise, some of the pioneers and people from other eras could not have endured the trials of today. We are where we need to be.

As all of these things came to me, I understood perfection of the plan. I saw that we all volunteered for our positions and stations in the world, and that each of us is receiving more help than we know. I saw the unconditional love of God, beyond any earthly love, radiating from him to all his children. I saw the angels standing near us, waiting to assist us, rejoicing in our accomplishments and joys. But above all, I saw Christ, the Creator and savior of the Earth, my friend, and the closest friend any of us can have. I seemed to melt with joy as I was held in his arms and comforted - home at last. I would give all in my power, all that I ever was, to be filled with that love again - to be embraced in the arms of his eternal light.
Return to Top

5. Escorted Through Heaven

[The rest of Betty's NDE will be summarized here.]

Two close friends appear to Betty whom she knew before she was born. They embrace and go on a tour of the spirit world. They enter a large room and see people creating heavenly garments using heavenly looms of some kind. In another room, she sees people working with a large computer-like machine. They enter another room similar to a library. It is a library of the mind. They go outdoors to a garden where beautiful mountains and rivers can be seen in the distance. It is a realm more beautiful than words can describe.

continue reading below:

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/betty-eadie.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 11:35am On Apr 25, 2020
Dr. Gerard Landry saw Jesus on a cross in heaven and Jesus glanced at him with a look of great love.

Dr. Gerard Landry, an anesthesiologist, worked twenty-seven years in medicine and had a very good life as a Christian with a wife and three children up to the time of his heart attack on March 24, 1979. The heart attack resulted in the following NDE:

Suddenly, in a flash, I couldn't think. At 4:13 p.m., I was transported from the physical realm, the realm of the body, to a spiritual realm. I knew I was in another world - a world that is as real as this world is to anyone reading this. What I saw, I saw with the eyes of the spirit, because at that time my soul and my spirit were in heaven. At the time you leave the flesh, your spiritual awareness becomes acute, because the flesh holds down your spiritual awareness. At death, your spirit is released. My experience was supernatural but nonetheless real.

The first awareness was of eternity ... When we die everything stops. It is like finally getting to the nanosecond, where time stops for us. Like a watch, our body stops at that time. Yet our spirit and consciousness continue to live on in a dimension beyond sequential time. We go beyond nanoseconds into a space-time measurement we cannot know here on Earth. I call it the eternal now, because that is how it felt to me. The past, present, and future are all merged into what scripture calls eternity. Eternity is the present, the now that never ends.

Truly understanding this dimension requires a joining of the human spirit to the Holy Spirit. As this connection happens, we go beyond head knowledge to heart experience. Jesus came expressly to give us this kind of life - eternal life. He told us about it. He demonstrated it. He imparted it.

Then, as if I had eyes all around my head, I saw saints, souls that were in heaven - multitudes. There was no way to count them. Whether there were millions or billions, I have no idea. As far as I could see in every direction were people of all sizes dressed in white robes. The people were transparent; I could see through them. They were behind me, across from me, all around me. They were "floating" on what appeared to be a crystal mirror or cloud or smoke. It is hard to describe these things in earthly terms, but I am trying to show you what my spirit saw. Each person was holding a crown in his or her hand.

The saints were saying, "We were waiting for you."

I looked at my body and realized I was one of them. When you look at yourself and can look through yourself, it is quite an experience. I was looking at a form of my body.

Then the clouds seemed to be separating (yet they were not actually clouds), and Jesus appeared. When he appeared, he showed himself to me on the cross as if he were in the flesh, still with his nail-pierced hands and feet, the wound in his side.

To me this signified that the cross will be remembered forever in heaven and that the salvation it brings is forever.

If I tried to describe what he looked like, the color of his eyes and all, my words would be inadequate. It would be like seeing a picture and then trying to describe what it was like to experience the person.

Then Jesus glanced at me with a look of compassion, full of love and caring. A glance similar, I imagine, to the look he gave his mother, Mary, and his friend, John, as they waited in agony at the foot of the cross. This glance was the essence of love. I understood the fullness of the love of God at that moment. This glance must have been like the one Jesus gave Matthew at the tax collector's table.

Jesus probably just stopped, looked at him, and said, "Follow me."

I also saw the perfect obedience that Jesus has for his Father. He obeyed him on the cross. He died on the cross for us because he loves his Father and he loves us. In love, he became a servant for us. All the things I had read in the Bible became real to me right then.

Jesus spoke with a voice that relayed the same love his glance transmitted to me - such gentleness and tenderness. Once you hear it, you will never forget it.

He welcomed me with, "Gerry, my peace be with you" - my first name, then peace be with you.

He said, "You are healed. You will feel no pain. You will have no anxiety. You will have no fears or guilt from the past. In one week you will be home from the hospital."

When Jesus said, "You are healed," I thought, Lord, it is wonderful in this place. I want to stay.

He also told me that all the prayers we had prayed that morning would be answered or were right then being answered.

And he said, "Go and tell your family, your friends, your fellowship, and everyone you come in contact with; tell them about my love. I want you to read the gospel of John, the first two letters of John, and all of Revelation."

Lord," I said, "Why do you want me to do this?"

He said, "John is my friend. He knows all about my love."

I didn't fully realize what was happening - that my heart had stopped for four minutes and that I was being brought back to life. When the Lord finished talking to me, I was aware that I was back in my body. I then entered a deep coma in which I was unable to communicate or move any part of my body for more than ten hours.

"If I lived a billion years more, in my body or yours, there's not a single experience on Earth that could ever be as good as being dead. Nothing." - Dr. Dianne Morrissey, a near-death experiencer

https://www.near-death.com/religion/christianity/gerard-landry.html
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
7victor i sent you a mail.
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2020
SafariBoy:

ok.

I will check.
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
SafariBoy:
I have just sent "Hello" to your mail.
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
7victor:
I have just sent "Hello" to your mail.
I have replied you sir.
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2020
JESUS CHRIST sends back woman from the land of the dead

Following a bout with pneumonia, a person believes she saw the afterlife after her heart stopped beating for several minutes. The person, named Denise, was clinically dead for a matter of moments and when she was under, she believes she saw the afterlife.

According to Denise, you will be greeted by your loved ones at the "end of a tunnel" when you die.

Denise would have been more than happy to stay in this perceived afterlife, but she was ordered her to return to her body.

Denise said on the Near Death Experience Research Foundation: "I was dead. I'm not sure for how long.

"I was at one end of a tunnel and I saw a group of people at the other end of it. From the background, a strong light was emanating, outlining the crowd with a beautiful yellow light.

"I was at one end of a tunnel and I saw a group of people at the other end of it.

"I could not see any of their faces - it was too dark. Two of the men, I knew, were my Irish grandfather's brothers.

"I could tell that's who they were because they were wearing the same type of hat my grandfather wore - those wool hats from the 1930s and 1940s.

"Then, I believe, Jesus spoke to me. It was such an incredible voice! The voice said, 'DENISE! GO BACK! IT'S NOT YOUR TIME YET!'

"This voice had the sound of every good and kind comment that had ever been made to me. Then I felt an electrical feeling, like a surge of energy rushing through me."

Many people claim to see Jesus and other religious figureheads when they have a near death experience, but researchers believe there is a natural explanation.

“People describe a sensation of a bright, warm, welcoming light that draws people towards it"
Dr Sam Parnia, director of critical care and resuscitation research at NYU Langone School of Medicine in New York City, told an Oz Talk: “People describe a sensation of a bright, warm, welcoming light that draws people towards it.

“They describe a sensation of experiencing their deceased relatives, almost as if they have come to welcome them.

"They often say that they didn’t want to come back in many cases, it is so comfortable and it is like a magnet that draws them that they don’t want to come back.

"A lot of people describe a sensation of separating from themselves and watching doctors and nurses working on them.”

Dr Parnia believes the visions could be attributed to the brain scanning itself as a last ditch survival attempt.

RELATED ARTICLES
Life after death: ‘Jesus sat next to me’ claims woman
Life after death: Woman believes she met Jesus Christ in afterlife
What happens after death: US Navy sailor claims 'I saw Jesus standing'
Re: Jesus Christ In Near-death Experience Stories by 7victor(m): 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jesus Christ is the only way to God.

He is God, the son of God, man and the son of man.

He is both the beginning and the beginningless.

He is the end and the endless.

He is He that lived and then died for our sins.

He is the bright and morning star(A morning star is the opposite of a bright star, since a star's brightness is only well seen when it is dark,ie at night)

But Jesus Christ always takes the 2 opposites.

That is why He is both: the bright star and the morning star.

He is both the root and the offspring of David.That means He is both the father (root) and the son (offspring) of David.

Like I said earlier, Jesus Christ always takes the 2 opposites.

He is both the greatest and the least in the kingdom of God.

When He said that the least in the kingdom of God was greater than John the Baptist, what He meant was that although John the Baptist was greater than all men,He Himself (Jesus Christ) was greater than John the Baptist.

He is both the Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

Imagine being a lion and a lamb at the same time. It is only Jesus Christ that can combine the two extremes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sudden Disappearance Of Objects / Prayer Request Against Escalation Of LGBT Activities In Nigeria / Pastor Strips Female Members, Bathe Them During Crossover Service (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 509
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.