Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent (1682 Views)

86 Rooms Where Tenants Paid ₦250,000 A Year Found Under Dolphin Estate Bridge / My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me / Lady Laments As Rats Eat Up Her 500k She Kept To Pay House Rent (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by philo04(m): 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
I own 3 different flats two bedroom flats each ...the first tenant rent expired last month 20th I went to her she told me to forget any cash until after the lockdown ..the way and manner she spoke got me upset but I didn't react

The second tenant paid half payment when he was moving in promising to balance up month end which was last month,now he said he doesn't have my balance after pleading when he was coming in

Tho I own the house tho I inherit it from my dad as the only and child.what should I do
Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by NwaNimo1(m): 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nothing.....until after lockdown,

They are not hustling right now.....and neither should you be.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by firo08(m): 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
Oga chil Until after lockdown we know you need money but exercise patient till after this pandemic lakuna.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by Iamgrey5(m): 2:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
My tenants will pay rents

My mom's tenant will pay rent

I am not the one receiving the 500k sitting allowance
Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by TheTrueSeeker2: 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2020
philo04:
I own 3 different flats two bedroom flats each ...the first tenant rent expired last month 20th I went to her she told me to forget any cash until after the lockdown ..the way and manner she spoke got me upset but I didn't react

The second tenant paid half payment when he was moving in promising to balance up month end which was last month,now he said he doesn't have my balance after pleading when he was coming in

Tho I own the house tho I inherit it from my dad as the only and child.what should I do

Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by dawnomike(m): 3:12pm On Apr 08, 2020
Give them grace till after the lockdown... And please to avoid tenants headache, get an agent to handle the house.
Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by ikaboy: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
U are wicked and heartless.
Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by ValCon888: 3:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
ikaboy:
Bro, how is he wicked and heartless? In saner climes the government pays the citizens to stay at home. The money given to them is used to pay their rent and buy groceries. But here the government just locks you up in your house and gives you nothing.
As much as he needs to have empathy, he's well within his rights to ask for his rent.

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by nony43(m): 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
V
Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by nony43(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
Oga calm down oo, lock down de country hard

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by Treash(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2020
philo04:

Contact us...

Barr Adeolu Ayo Aderinto
ay4u888@gmail.com
Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by GboyegaD(m): 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
We are a heartless people. Why wouldn't they pay you? Many people pretend to love God but the evil that dwells in their heart is way more than that of the devil.

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by wura2u: 8:16am On Apr 23, 2020
GboyegaD:
We are a heartless people. Why wouldn't they pay you? Many people pretend to love God but the evil that dwells in their heart is way more than that of the devil.

Most tenants, people genrally, believe that if you own a house then you must be very rich and can afford to forego rent payments. They forget that it is mostly from this rents you pay your children school fees, take care of medical bills and feed. They have conviniently forgotten that the landlord is equally affected by the lockdown and need to source for funds to survive too. I tire for some Nigerian tenants.

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by Focusmind: 8:50am On Apr 23, 2020
Those insulting the guy are not Landlords. When you build a house, you will understand the sacrifices required to put up a house.

I passed through it and I know. Every hard work deserves a wage. The tenant could have put it in a subtle way rather than being aggressive in responding to a rightful demand for rent.

That's why I like to use heartless and no nonsense lawyers as agents/caretakers.

My uncle's house is managed by one Ogbomosho lawyer with heavy Yoruba tribal marks.

Every year, he pays my uncle the whole rent money as agreed with him and the lawyer then goes after the tenants to collect back the money with 15% mark up margin.

Since then, my uncle dey enjoy him money without any tenant wahalla. The lawyer has taken over the wahala and those tenant traders that were tough and stubborn don humble once Baba lawyer talk.

3 Likes

Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by MelesZanawi: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2020
ikaboy:

Obviously, you don't plan to become a landlord in your life. Onuku.

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by GboyegaD(m): 11:22am On Apr 23, 2020
wura2u:

Most tenants, people genrally, believe that if you own a house then you must be very rich and can afford to forego rent payments. They forget that it is mostly from this rents you pay your children school fees, take care of medical bills and feed. They have conviniently forgotten that the landlord is equally affected by the lockdown and need to source for funds to survive too. I tire for some Nigerian tenants.

They don't forget, they are just wicked. My annoyance is the way we act pious but of a truth our heart is far from God.
Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by wura2u: 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
Focusmind:
Those insulting the guy are not Landlords. When you build a house, you will understand the sacrifices required to put up a house.

I passed through it and I know. Every hard work deserves a wage. The tenant could have put it in a subtle way rather than being aggressive in responding to a rightful demand for rent.

That's why I like to use heartless and no nonsense lawyers as agents/caretakers.

My uncle's house is managed by one Ogbomosho lawyer with heavy Yoruba tribal marks.

Every year, he pays my uncle the whole rent money as agreed with him and the lawyer then goes after the tenants to collect back the money with 15% mark up margin.

Since then, my uncle dey enjoy him money without any tenant wahalla. The lawyer has taken over the wahala and those tenant traders that were tough and stubborn don humble once Baba lawyer talk.

I love that concept. The property must be in Lagos. How I wish he operates in Abuja, I would have engaged his service.
Re: My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent by Focusmind: 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
wura2u:

I love that concept. The property must be in Lagos. How I wish he operates in Abuja, I would have engaged his service.

It is in Lagos. Tenant gave my uncle trouble before he was introduced to the lawyer. The lawyer signs agreement with you and pay the annual amount as agreed.

The lawyer recharges that back to the tenants with his mark up and he also has the right to increase rent on your property without your objection as long as he has paid you what two of you agreed.

Part of the agreement is also that my uncle should not interfere any time the lawyer wanted to eject any tenant or bring in new ones. He is fully in charge.

The contract is reviewed after every four years. My uncle is happy about the management of his property so far.

(1) (Reply)

Block Of 4 Flats For Sale In Ikolaba Estate Ibadan / 5 Bedroom Duplex For Lease Behind Lbs, Ajah + Pics / Very Neat 2 Bedroom Flat To Let At Magodo Phase 1 ..... 400k,1yr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.