Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor (793 Views)

A Black Hawk Helicopter Took Its First Flight Without Pilot On Board / A Canadian Court Denies A Nigerian Policeman Asylum / Pregnant Woman And Her Child Crushed To Death In Ebonyi (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor by sheis: 11:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
This is so touching and inhumane.

I have seen several tweets and videos on twitter with "#Chinamustexplain", displaying how blacks, especially our Nigerian brothers are being thrown out of their hotels and residences in China. Some of these people have their passports seized and sitting on the streets homeless.

I decided to make some findings on the issue.
Then I found this video of a black pregnant woman not allowed into the hospital. The front desk lady had to go in and explain to the , the pregnant woman was still denied access into the hospital.
More like, m blacks are not allowed into the hospital.

I find that very disturbing. What if it was an emergency?https://www.youtube.com/embed/anbydkdvsCg?&rel=0

A certain website stated that the Chinese believe new cases of corona virus are imported by foreigners. However, most of the imported cases are from Chinese students schooling in abroad who have returned home for safety.

I feel sorry for Nigerian citizens over there. I hope the government can take speedy action to evacuate them from China before it is too late.

Re: China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor by Dreiwizzy: 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
They got it all wrong
Re: China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor by Horus(m): 12:51am On Apr 24, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1am3DprDkiw

Watch Pregnant Black Woman Get Denied Entry Into Chinese Hospital
Re: China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor by ignitewatch(m): 2:11am On Apr 24, 2020
These Chinese are becoming something else.... Finally Na revenge on their own citizens go settle the matter
Re: China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor by Horus(m): 10:19am On Apr 24, 2020
Most Asian countries are racist towards African people and they don’t hide it
Re: China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor by ednut1(m): 10:40am On Apr 24, 2020
Why do people still go to these evil places?
Re: China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor by DAramis: 11:43am On Apr 24, 2020
The worst thing that can happen to someone is being treated as if you don't matter in this world. Imagine how those superiors inside the hospital rejected the pregnant lady.

Well, the lady at the door entrance, tried her best sha (I think she understood the pregnant woman's predicament and would have granted her permission to enter if it was within her power to do so.)

Her efforts in going inside the hospital twice to try to talk to her supervisors and probably reason with them regarding the lady's case is commendable.

In summary, all over the world, no matter how racist or unpleasant some people might be, there must still be an exception.
Re: China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
OP there is no proof that patient was denied because she is black.

If the hospital is unable to attend to you for whatever reason, they may turn you away.

Now, if the writer had seen that other pregnant women seeking same care, were admitted, then a case of discrimination could be made.

Chinese are not our enemy, they have proven to be true development partners of African nations over the last 25 years.
Re: China Denies A Black Pregnant Woman Access To A Doctor by Kenn55: 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
GenBuhari:
OP there is no proof that patient was denied because she is black.

If the hospital is unable to attend to you for whatever reason, they may turn you away.

Now, if the writer had seen that other pregnant women seeking same care, were admitted, then a case of discrimination could be made.

Chinese are not our enemy, they have proven to be true development partners of African nations over the last 25 years.

Like play like play Africa is entering another round of slavery and colonization. Whites have done their own, China is now doing their own.

From your comment, it means we should not question China because of the cheap loans we are getting from China. Otherwise, how could you have dismissed and downplayed the situation and go to the extent of crafting an excuse for the hospital even without an independent investigation.
But then your reaction is exactly how the government will react. In fact, i am expecting that the Nigerian government will even blame Nigerians than investigating the issue. To be fair, how can an rat confront a lion?

China or any other country in the world is neither our friend nor enemy. For every country in the world, it is all self interest and i would not blame any country for that including China. If you do not want to be wise, smart countries will take advantage of you and it is a fair game. China's presence in Africa is because they are gaining massively from it not because they are your friends or they love you. The day China does not gain anything from Africa, they will turn their back. It is business

Is China helping Africa or helping themselves? Both. In fact, in a way they gain more. They give you loan for a project, they use their companies, their raw materials and more than half of their labor to execute it. By doing so, the bulk of the money remains in China while you become indebted to them plus the interest on the loans. So who gains more? Since they built it, they will build it in such a way that you will always rely on them for maintenance, more money for them.

It would have been good if Africans get these Chinese loans and use it on local contractors, they money would have had multiplier effect on the economy but this is not the case. This is why all the loans Africa has been getting from China has not had any effect in local economies because the bulk of the money goes back to China indirectly. Yes, you could argue that the Chinese model is better after all the loans Africans collected from the west ended up in the politicians private accounts without the infrastructures. LOL .

Development is not just about being railways and roads by foreigners, it is about developing a local capacity to solve problems and this is the only time loans will make sense in Africa. This is the only way to maximize the loans, else others like the Chinese will be using us to enrich themselves in the guise of helping us

Africa does not need anybody. We don't need the US, China, Europe or anyone, we need Africa. We can't keep licking asses of world powers. First, it was the west, now it is China. We too can be world or at least regional power and have others lick our ass. If a Chinese man poo in Aso rock today, i'm very sure Nigerian govt will say he is pooing fried rice rather than confronting him and this is because we are not independent. How I wish Nigeria and other African countries will rise up and make us proud for the first time in our lives.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Exposed As Live Crabs Busted Out Of Her Luggage At The Airport.vid / Pls Friends What Is The Best Way Of Making It To The USA Or Canada / Air Peace To Connect Anambra To Port Harcourt, Kano & Ibadan Via Daily Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.