Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. (11269 Views)

How Do You Manage With A Wasteful Over Sabi Wife / Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ?? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by samworthyever: 10:42am On Apr 10, 2020
Guys pls i need your advice on how to go about this. My wife is very wasteful she spend money any how without giving proper account of what i asked her to buy. Although i do give her money for her personal use, she still end up using the money meant for feeding. She doesnt know how go manage things and its really causing quarrel between us. Pls matured advice is needed thanks.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by successmatters(m): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2020
Just teach her how to economise things. Some people come from rich backgrounds.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by MariaAngeles: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2020
"She's wasteful"

That's what they all say, till she comes with her own side of the story with evidence.

27 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2020
Unmhm! A prudent wife is from the Lord. Tell her she needs to be prudent and economical! If possible, tell her to write down the things she wants to buy and their prices, then give her the total! You can always know if she skyrocket or inflate any of the prices, and that's after you've given her personal pocket money! This should be able to help in a way!

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Froshloaded: 10:49am On Apr 10, 2020
grin
Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Pimples(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2020
Call your wife and discuss with her.
Let her write out a budget of what she will need to run the house in a weekly basis.

You both review it together... and u can then supply the funds.

It will be hard to be wasteful when u are following a budget.

Tell her u do not have any more funds to give until the next week

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Heiterkeit(f): 10:56am On Apr 10, 2020
successmatters:

So because she is wasteful, it is now a sign that she comes from a rich background. I wonder what one would not hear on Naiaraland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by merieam16(f): 10:56am On Apr 10, 2020
Its ur cross,carry it cos u wont tell us u didnt see dis during courtship.
The only advice is for u 2 keep makin more money dats all

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by ahnie: 10:57am On Apr 10, 2020
Transfer the money to me...lemme teach her how to spend wisely...as a prudent isoko woman

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by freecocoahubby(m): 11:00am On Apr 10, 2020
She's wasteful because she doesn't have to work for that money.
Tell your lazy wife to get a JOB and then she can spend her own money anyhow angry

Nigerian wives are as useless as can be.

Money = husband provides
Chores = househelps to do it.

Lazy, entitled, irresponsible things!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by sisisioge: 11:04am On Apr 10, 2020
Hmmmm...your definition of wastefulness might be someone else's resourcefulness o. I know a guy who thinks spending more than 500 naira on call credit per week is wasteful, the girl thinks 1000 naira is a fair deal. Now, if you throw it open to the polls, you would have people agreeing with both sides.

Anyways, since its you and your marriage, it is better you talk about this with her...if situation remains the same, then drop what you believe is fair while madam augment the rest. Sebi she's earning too...

By the way, this your kind of question usually come from the stables of one sided home financier cheesy

24 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by ahnie: 11:04am On Apr 10, 2020
Transfer the money to me...lemme teach her how to spend wisely...as a prudent isoko woman.

Or just bear it like that.....Cox it's in her blood,you weren't firm when you noticed it
So she now sees it as normal runs
Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Oluneutral: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2020
freecocoahubby:
She's wasteful because she doesn't have to work for that money.
Tell your lazy wife to get a JOB and then she can spend her own money anyhow angry

Nigerian wives are as useless as can be.

Money = husband provides
Chores = househelps to do it.

Lazy, entitled, irresponsible things!

For a while now, I've been seeing how you usually talk down on women. Your perception of women is so so demeaning, maybe it has to do with the circle of women you roll with or the experience you once have with any of them. I don't know. I'm just not comfortable with such generalisation.

Please, try and change the circle of females you surround yourself with and discover that not all women fit your generalised perception of them.

Honestly, there are good women, though, they may not be as many as expected but try to be specific while describing them, remember, not all men are angels too.

Thanks.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Greatzeus(m): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2020
samworthyever:
Guys pls i need your advice on how to go about this. My wife is very wasteful she spend money any how without giving proper account of what i asked her to buy. Although i do give her money for her personal use, she still end up using the money meant for feeding. She doesnt know how go manage things and its really causing quarrel between us. Pls matured advice is needed thanks.
Sir give her what you want for her personal use,but buy every other things yourself. Even if it's once or twice a month,go to the shopping mall with a list and buy food stuffs provisions, groceries etc.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by freecocoahubby(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
Oluneutral:

For a while now, I've been seeing how you usually talk down on women. Your perception of women is so so demeaning, maybe it has to do with the circle of women you roll with or the experience you once have with any of them. I don't know. I'm just not comfortable with such generalisation.

Please, try and change the circle of females you surround yourself with and discover that not all women fit your generalised perception of them.

Honestly, there are good women, though, they may not be as many as expected but try to be specific while describing them, remember, not all men are angels too.

Thanks.

Likewise, I've also seen numerous posts of yours demeaning men and referring to men as "emotionally weak". Therefore, I suggest you change the circle of males you surround yourself with as you were clearly raised by weaklings.

Note: I advised OP accordingly. His wife is nothing but a lazy leech and this applies to the MAJORITY of Nigerian women who feel entitled to a man's hard earned money.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by babythug(f): 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2020
samworthyever:

Are you able to be further specific? People here may be able to offer precise tips for salvaging the situation because “wastefullness” could be relative.

Does she for eg buy clothes instead of food items in the house?

Does she buy bottled water when you can only afford* pure/sachet water?

Does she run the generator all day?

Does she go to the salon to make her hair when she can tie a scarf in her head all the time? wink

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Authoreety: 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Get her a job and watch the magic...
Make sure the job doesn't pay more than 20k a month
Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Authoreety: 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
freecocoahubby:

Likewise, I've also seen numerous posts of yours demeaning men and referring to men as "emotionally weak". Therefore, I suggest you change the circle of males you surround yourself with as you were clearly raised by weaklings.

Note: I advised OP accordingly. His wife is nothing but a lazy leech and this applies to the MAJORITY of Nigerian women who feel entitled to a man's hard earned money.

You are very correct my man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by yomi007k(m): 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
merieam16:

Terrible advice indeed. Is it that easy to make more money?
Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by memories1(f): 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
OP, you seem to have quite a few complaints about your wife. Most of your threads are complaints about your wife, you two need to communicate.
Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by bendazum: 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
samworthyever:

You skipped vital information. People don't usually develop such attitude in marriage. She must have had it all along.

Questions:

1 What does she do for a living?
2 Did you place her on allowance during courtship?
3 Did you toast her with or lavish extravagantly on her during courtship?
4 Does she dress to kill no matter the cost?

Answers to these questions will reveal the cause (diagnose) and help solve the problem.

While I wait for your answer, since you know she's wasteful and unaccountable, you should buy the food stuffs yourself like rice, beans, yam, garri and give her money to buy the ingredients herself.

When she exhausts it before the given time, don't give her again until the period expires.

Seems you married a slay queen though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by davillian(m): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
successmatters:
Getting women that manage things or adapt to economic changes or the income of their husband are going extinct....
We grew up in a way that when you see
Rice and chicken you chop
Rice and meat you chop
Rice and fish you chop
Rice and egg you manage
Rice with crayfish you manage
Rice without cray fish u chop like that.....

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by bendazum: 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
merieam16:

You are wicked. He should be making more money while you should be wasting more money.
Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by veave(f): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
Explain better. What is her income, what is your income, how much do you give as housekeeping money. How much do you give for her own upkeep. How do you give money? Weekly or monthly. Let us know. Besides, I hope you know the price of things have skyrocketted?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Vyolet(f): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Op, you only want bias answers and trust some people will give you that but tell us the amount you give to your wife to consider her wasteful.

I can not imagine you dropping 50k per month and still come here to shout she is wasteful.

How much do you give her?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by frozen70(f): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
samworthyever:

If you are sure that you have talked to her about her wastefulness and she is not helping matters, it's time to go to drawing board

Share between the followings and give her to chose the one she will be handling as the more is no longer flowing as it use to due to bad economic situations

1, House rent, school fees, medicals

2, Feeding the entire family

3, Utility bills, fueling the generator, books and text books, compound leavy like packing away of soakaway

Tell her to choose one out of this three

Every other thing in that list is hard but feeding looks small, I bet you tgat feeding is theist difficult of it all

Give her tgat feeding aspect and her senses will be reformatted

People must get sense by force

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. by Alennsar(f): 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
samworthyever:
Biko what kind of wasteful are you referring to here
Is it that she buys things that she did need or she spend extravagantly or she spends a lot on fashion and the likes.
But maybe you meant to say she can't manage the little you can afford.

Whatever it may be try to talk to your wife about it. But don't let it cause problem in your marriage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? / What Is The Best Gift To Give To Your Wife / #sharingmagicmemories – Meet The Judges For The Cussons Baby Moments Season 6!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.