Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Covid - 19: Our Mental Health. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Covid - 19: Our Mental Health. (510 Views)

School Of Post-basic Mental Health Nursing Maiduguri Admission For For 2022/2023 / Covid 19: Our Response Strategy Should Reflect Our Environmental Sensitivity / This Is Not The End – Inspiring Speech On Depression & Mental Health(overcoming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid - 19: Our Mental Health. by DavidEsq(m): 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
I applied for food for my office handy man. The platform I used to apply is http://www.covidaid.ng. Unfortunately, it has been 4 days since I applied for this guy, contrary to claims by NCDC that it takes a maximum of 24 hours to get food supply of 5kg in weight, comprising uncooked rice, beans, spags, oil, etc. My handy man has to live by the little I and other kind hearted Nigerians give him. Several employers have begun firing their employees, due to loss in profits. Security agents have been very trigger-happy of late, so much that nurses and doctors are forced to go on strike in protest of abuse of power by police and the military. The ones surviving on daily pay have to run the gauntlet of arrest, detention, bully and even gunshots. Families have already lost loved ones to the enforcement of lockdown, all thanks to overzealous security agents. To make matters worse, no palliatives from a government that continues to lie about giving palliatives to it's citizens and steal billions of Naira and the recent incineration of the Accountant-General's office, 9 hours after a call for accountability by the Senate, puts a cap to the unending woes currently bedeviling Nigerians. A neighbor of mine was so scared this morning of catching the virus, she broke down in tears for her children who now barely have enough to eat. Our dear pastors have to face the inevitable loss of offering and tithes. Does this affect our mental health? Certainly. The means of release of mental stress such as bars, sports viewing centers and even a stroll in the evening can no longer be enjoyed without attracting dire consequences from law enforcement agencies. There is therefore a need to open an avenue for Nigerians to express themselves, to let out the stress, to be able to mentally handle the situation. Even the scriptures at Proverbs 14:30 says: "A calm heart gives life to the body but jealousy is rottenness to the bones". NCDC continues to bombard us with suspicious figures every evening, on the current records of Covid -19 patients. The Nigerian government has left us to sought out our mental health by ourselves. Is someone here who can help us on how to get a toll free line, through which Nigerians can call in and let it all out? I want to use my office to collaborate with NCDC to help with mental health. It would be nice to know how to go about doing this. It's urgent and we need to make it happen.
Re: Covid - 19: Our Mental Health. by Shuggaa: 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
Have been trying to reach covidaid platform through ussd code and it have service problem,this virus is making people hungry each day,especially my very self.the government shouldn't play propaganda with this please..it getting tough..
Re: Covid - 19: Our Mental Health. by DavidEsq(m): 3:22am On Apr 11, 2020
Damn right. A lot of people need help badly. From psychological help to material needs.

(1) (Reply)

Disneys Moana Now A Nigerian... / Flourish Tv / Happy New Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.