Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update (4417 Views)

CBN Governor Finalises Preparation For His Mother’s Burial(dates) / Central Bank Of Nigeria Announces Continuation Of The Bank Verification Number / Central Bank Of Nigeria Introduces N5000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by bgates: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2011
GOOD news just coming in now that d CBN has shifted d last day for account update from 31st december 2010 to january 2011 as d last date for people 2 update their account

sources: http://www.cenbank.org/default.asp

http://www.cenbank.org/Out/2011/pressrelease/gvd/PRESS%20RELEASE%20Extension%20of%20deadline.pdf
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by hassymo5(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2011
that is good grin cheesy smiley tongue
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by Nektar(f): 11:34am On Jan 04, 2011
I know they wl extend it.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by born2boink(m): 11:39am On Jan 04, 2011
i am sure they will extend it because they cannot just suspend my account or else I will fight in that bank to the extent they will force arrest on me. CBN did not work for my money but I am going to comply with their law soon when I have time because I did not have time before and rely on violence if they should suspend my money but now peace will reign because I am sure will have time before 31st of july
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by ahf(m): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2011
Good move.

Government Bodies should continue to apply empathy alongside setting rules and regulations.

A few years ago, such deadline might not have been extended to assist the general public to meet up.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by spyder880(m): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2011
Did they have a choice before? They couldnt have frozen my account just because I had no time to go there.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by adagz01(m): 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
I'm planing to burn down any of my bank branch if they had closed my account
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by DoubleN(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2011
Yawns,
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by maasoap(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2011
I won't update my account because I'll like to see if my bank really wants to lose a customer or customers these days.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2011
Response Please---- what happens to people oversea who have accounts in Nigeria. How do one then , update his or her account. ?
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by famochy(m): 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2011
what really are the CBN upto? i went to a particular bank and was asked to bring PHCN Bill but the funniest thing is that outside the gate of the bank, i saw boys selling PHCN bill. so what is the essence of all these,
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by konami001: 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ehhhhhhhhhen, CBN is working very hard for nigerians ooooooo, update your account indeed!
So they have finished their work and now want to start doing the work of the ordinary banks,
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by Mehiedu(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
D crowd 4 bank too much,gud development now that they have extended it, so that every body can update his/her account.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by Bawss1(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
famochy:

what really are the CBN upto? i went to a particular bank and was asked to bring PHCN Bill but the funniest thing is that outside the gate of the bank, i saw boys selling PHCN bill. so what is the essence of all these,

Na wa o. See hustlers   cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by hugooh42(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
@pattcome For those that live abroad you can call your account officer and request he send you the account update form,then print it out fill it and scan the completed copy back to him.And he will submit it for you.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by moremi2008(m): 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2011
What exactly is this exercise supposed to achieve? I just don't get it.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by mrofficial(m): 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
The time is still not enough. Are we now living in the days of anti-christ? Update your account or else it will be suspended. Na wa ooo.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by hackney(m): 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2011
Next thing they will start stealing accounts; i knew this day will come.
I have never seen where people are given altimatum in this way.
Of what use is this exercise? If someone has moved home (as if banks send lettrs in naija, text message criminals),they
will in their own time inform the bank.

If they are cracking down on govt criminals, they know who they are and the office records will tell them who stole money.
They should stop bothering ordinary citizens in that dump.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by bobobabe: 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
Hello Nairalanders,

what will happen to account of pple that are not in the country and the accounts are still active. pls i have accts with GTB, First bank and oceanic bank. i need ur advise ASAP b4 they do their rubbish like wonder banks of Ibadan because thats how CBN frozen our money till today.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by dsconsult: 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
my people in NAIRA LAND

I rush to Gtb early morning on Friday ,on getting there they said if our account details like address and phone number did not change ,we should not border

2 I went ahead to Diamond Bank ,the same

3. i went to F C M B the same

4. I went to fidelity the same

5 .I went to P H B the security were saying the same thing

6 I went to Fin Bank ,the security were saying the same

i stop and went to a join to take pepper soap (fish) Malt and water ,I was so happy grin grin grin

I do photocopy up to 30 copies of P H C N and passport photo, with photocopy of my I D

it seams the bank did like the exercise, Bank P H B said they have update it themselves

i think mathematically it is off no sence when your details you want to put is exactly what you have before,that is what the Bank want to prove Now

The C B N taught they want to stop crime, they should provide job and loan for the jobless graduate,

The bank people are now driving people for update away ,giving the job to their security officer,if you have not do it or you are in O V E R S E A no body will froze your account ,Bank will never do what will chase their customer away

i want to ask you a question

How will C B N verify if somebody is truly wrote correct address
( people can go to any house and pick their nepa bill)
( true or false)
,even if he has pack out from his former place ,he can still get the nepa bill and use the old bill, C B N is just joking wasting time of Banker and masses
(we are been rule by old people)
(many of them can not read without glasses)
(even they can not read common sms on their phone)
(talk of browsing on net)
I can bet it No bank will ever froze anybody account
( what happen to G S M registration that was suppose to close august 1st 2010)
(many banks are folding up already)
(let them froze their client account)
(only few Nigerians save money this days)
( they only use bank to transact money from one city to other,customer will just go and open another account ,it is N200 in G T B)
( they are going to extend it to 2012) Quote me.

B U T there Is a place you can save your money and it will yield high and 100% Guarantee

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-578258.0.html
Good day
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by badboym: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2011
So what happens to account holders abroad?
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by fm7070: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2011
they are just trying to raise some senseless dust. just for us to feel they're working.
the scenerio is similar to that of a police methodology of 'show me your receipt'
does it mean that item cannot be stole with receipt? and can't someone furge receipt.
we really need to be realistic in this country and step up in our thinking and all spheres of our lives.
Anyway, he will soon be fired. those crooks he went to face are not happy with him at all.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by HUMANITYY: 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2011
after the exercise, it will be synchronized with firs(tax collectors) you know want it means.
most of you who involve in crime in nigeria, should know that nigeria will no longer be a save haven for criminals. Good job
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by jambya(m): 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
Shakara Oloje! What nonsense? how is how I manage my accounts their business? If my banks like, they should freeze my accounts and let us see if they won't refund my owo oniru, owo alata in my accounts back to me when I need them. anyway, Na shakara sha!
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by MORANOCEE(m): 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
Please dont be deceived! Go and update your accounts and save yourself of certain consequences.Thank God,cos it seems as if the CBN just responded to my suggestions through my numerous petitions to EFCC concerning these criminals that run Liberty Reserve Accounts and dupe customers.GTB and Intercontinental Bank are their havens and the culprits would be brought to book now.The snare has been laid.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by ogbongzky(m): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2011
Because of this palava, many people have started withdrawing their money.

have all those senators, governors update their account?
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by baani(m): 12:33am On Jan 05, 2011
there is nothin commending about cbn shifting d date, it should b a continous thing
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by manny4life(m): 1:00am On Jan 05, 2011
What nonesense!

This is exactly what am saying; his updating customer account any of CBN's business? The CBN is over exercising so much authority, please the govt should check the powers of the CBN because this is intimidation.
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by Lasgidi001(m): 6:56am On Jan 05, 2011
Pls house, i opened my uba and first bank in imo state but now based in lagos. Will my acct be updated in any of their branches here or do i have to go to imo(God forbid).
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by lightheart(m): 7:29am On Jan 05, 2011
please house, does it affect awon small small boiz lyk us operating a savings account?? i haff already met my local carpenter to construct a kolo for me, its lyk d end days r near!! google May 21st
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by odedele: 8:19am On Jan 05, 2011
nonsence!! sanusi should stop intimidating banks unnecessary.his actions r truly overbearin on d banks
Re: Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update by Kx: 8:22am On Jan 05, 2011
Has Sanusi ran out of ideas?
Why dwelling on operational issues instead of economic blueprints and strategies?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wish 5 Romancelanders A Happy New Month. / N254,000 Aso-ebi For Doyin Abiola Daughter's Wedding / Premier Cool To Reward Customers With All Expense Paid To Dubai In #chill&win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.