Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Something Is Generally Wrong With Google - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Something Is Generally Wrong With Google (5944 Views)

Google To Replace Voice Search With Google Assistant On Android Devices / How To Backup Your Android Phone With Google Photos And Google Drive. / Itel Partner With Google; To Launch Smartphones On Android Oreo (go Edition) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by nonny1212: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
It's getting so annoying as google playstore has refused to respond to downloading of apps. You click the download or update button and it keeps spinning till eternity. I can't download or update apps from playstore since 3days. Who else has noticed this?

Seems like the lockdown and isolation is affecting them too

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by HQuadreal: 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
After clicking on the download or update button restart your phone...

Thank you...
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by nonny1212: 9:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
HQuadreal:
After clicking on the download or update button restart your phone...

Thank you...
Not working sir
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by HQuadreal: 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2020
nonny1212:
Not working sir
OK...
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Donkelzy(m): 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
nonny1212:
It's getting so annoying as google playstore has refused to respond to downloading of apps. You click the download or update button and it keeps spinning till eternity. I can't download or update apps from playstore since 3days. Who else has noticed this?

clear cache and reboot, it should work or use a faster network

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by tyup(m): 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
HQuadreal:

OK...
Lmao

1 Like

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by HQuadreal: 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
tyup:

Lmao
I don mind my business na before baba para for me...

5 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by nonny1212: 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
Tried on 2 different phones and still same problem.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Seikiri1: 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
The reason is because of the auto update.... So the apps are trying to update themselves and particularly one Google app like that, whenever you want to download any app that particular app will first of all pop out n start updating itself then u cancel it n your download will start.

5 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Guest2017(m): 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
Change your network
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
U may have to deactivate whatsapp mode (if activated) or u have activated data saver

Get off all. And u r good to go. Happened to me too
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by DriggityDre: 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
nonny1212:

OP, change network or find place with better coverage. If I may ask, is it Glo. Cos it can't be MTN.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Temzy1014(m): 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
Happens to me lot of time
Clear cache or restart your phone

1 Like

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by obinna58(m): 3:33am On Apr 11, 2020
1. Free ur phone memory, it cannot download if it doesn't have anywhere to store files.
2.Clear cache or even data if it persist.
3. Restore settings and restrictions, you probably restricted data usage from certain app
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by stylochime: 5:58am On Apr 11, 2020
I used to have the same problem too. But ever since i switched to airtel on my previous phone ( HTC) and current phone ( nokia) I don't experience such again. I don't think there is a particular reason for it. It could be a combination of factors.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by HQuadreal: 6:15am On Apr 11, 2020
PropertyBuying:
Really?!
Yeah...

You can also clear the cache, storage for the app and sign in your google account again.

Thank you.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by HQuadreal: 6:16am On Apr 11, 2020
nonny1212:
Tried on 2 different phones and still same problem.

Go wash your head for river...

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Cyrillemugwiza(m): 6:42am On Apr 11, 2020
It happened to me n thought maybe it was a network problem or clearing cache but nah this apps mut be crushing... I suggest you Get it (App you need) shared to u thru xender!
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by LandMann: 6:46am On Apr 11, 2020
cruxgemmata:
U may have to deactivate whatsapp mode (if activated) or u have activated data saver

Get off all. And u r good to go. Happened to me too

Please how does one deactivate WhatsApp or Facebook mode? This is certainly responsible
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Veryfoolishboy: 6:51am On Apr 11, 2020
Just clear CHACHE
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by omobacyprus(m): 7:06am On Apr 11, 2020
When if reach 100 without starting to install or it reach somewhere like 80 and hooks. Close playstore. It'll start to install after a few mins
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 11, 2020
LandMann:

Please how does one deactivate WhatsApp or Facebook mode? This is certainly responsible

If ur fone has a whatsapp mode feature. U will see it in a list of those shortcuts when u scroll ur screen down from the top. (in d same panel where u have data connection, wifi, location etc) i believ u understand... U will find it there.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by abumeinben(m): 7:23am On Apr 11, 2020
You have issue with Google play, not Google. That's how you start solving problems.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Ay04z(m): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2020
Clear cache
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by femi4: 7:34am On Apr 11, 2020
nonny1212:

clear cache, clear data
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by pyrex23(m): 7:48am On Apr 11, 2020
Seikiri1:
The reason is because of the auto update.... So the apps are trying to update themselves and particularly one Google app like that, whenever you want to download any app that particular app will first of all pop out n start updating itself then u cancel it n your download will start.

this should be your answer..
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by MrTrend(m): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2020
No problem with google products, maybe your phone or slow network
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by UncleSnr(m): 7:55am On Apr 11, 2020
Download the APK and update it. NO TIME to WASTE.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Mazikic(m): 8:12am On Apr 11, 2020
your "Background Restriction" is active. Go to Settings> App... and deactivate it.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:51am On Apr 11, 2020
Could be a combination of factors, but i suggest you deactivate any data saving or battery saving settings that'll restrict background data whenever you want to use playstore. Background data is important when using playstore, 'cause even if it's running in foreground it still needs play service. Just know how your phone works.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno POP 5P Launched In Nigeria With HD+ Display And 5,000mah Battery / Nokia 1208 Shows 'local Mode.' Pls Help! / Infinix Zero: Not Powering ON - What Can Be Done - Somebody Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.