Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman (742 Views)

O.b. Lulu-briggs: Sons Using Father’s Body As Bargaining Chip / Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body / Baba De Baba: "I Can't Marry A Woman I Can't Beat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by marielou(f): 9:42am On Apr 11, 2020
Today we are following the so called trend where sex is exhibited in our society as the norm of life.

Our so called kind of love today is sex first to show a man or woman that we “love” them. It is generally believed that man is sexually aroused when he sees a woman’s big bum or big breast but I don’t believe that. Most reasonable men understand that self control is very important. They understand that sex is not just a 5 minutes pleasure, but it is a spiritual affair – an exchange of blood between the two parties.

The question is;

Why is sex so rampant nowadays even when most religions frown at sex before marriage?

The simple answer is general moral decadence. Today society hardly frowns at women or men having multiple sex partners.

The sad truth is that each time you have sex with someone, something of them is being deposited into you: his sickness, his bad luck and his blood, also your spirit is offended.

Most African women have this weird belief that it is only through sex they can have all they want or achieve their aims. They will go to any length to seduce a man with materials affluence. Sex has become a weapon for most women to do and undo. Many women have lost all dignity as a woman.

First of all, society has changed the truth to false teaching where it is believed that there is nothing wrong in having sex anyhow or anytime there is arousal irrespective of your gender.

Daily we are inundated with write ups on how to enjoy sex out of wedlock and how to satisfy your boyfriend or man-friend sexually. Society has accepted a married man having as many side chick as possible and sees no problem in that. These men don’t understand that because of their useless lifestyle, their marriage is daily destroyed – no peace, no success and no prosperity, even their children are not successful in anything they do.

In the book of proverbs in the Bible it says drink from your own fountain. The writer of proverbs understood the consequences of drinking from another fountain.

Western Civilisation is to Blame

The annoying part of everything is that we copy every bad thing of the white man in the name of civilization. Even before Christianity came to Africa, we had our African culture that promoted chastity, virginity and high morals.

Today co-habitation of couple without marriage is not frowned upon. The society accepts it as norm.

“Baby mama” is the term used for a girl/woman who has a child for a man out of wedlock – what a derogatory name! It shows that the man has no respect, no love, no feelings for her, and many women are proud to be referred to as such, especially if the person they have the child for is rich.

In those days, many women did not want people to know of their affairs with married men, not to talk of women being labelled as lesbians, today the reverse is the case. Women are proud to show off their married “man friend”. Proud to move about with them. Proud to be called side chick and proud to be called baby mama.

We have lost all our morals and values. At any little opportunity women are ready to dress naked. Look at the 2020 actors awards organized by multichoice and DSTV, almost all the actresses who were present were either showing off their breasts or their slit was revealing all their legs up to their private part, meanwhile the men where all covered. Why are men always well dressed and all their bodies covered?

African Magic of DSTV that claims to promote African content, promote cohabitation and exalt premarital sex. In fact, some of these drama have become so bold not to censor where stark unclothedness is shown, a girl having sex with a married man for money and all sort of immoral acts.

The saddest thing is that our teenagers are constantly exposed to all of this on daily basis. How many parents are at home to control what their children watch on TV?

Poem for women written by Lang Leav
“Have you forgotten who you are? Here is a reminder, you are the bearer of light

Do you have any idea of your power? Every time you bend the universe yields to you.
Your eyes are twin world, they send up satellites to orbit. Your skin is made up of the very fabric of time

Look for the light within you let it surge like a river through your veins. Use it to will your dreams by existence.”

A woman has the ability to change the world to favor her and everyone around in positive ways.

In adverts, films and dramas, men are decently dressed, not portrayed as sex objects. Women can also emulate this and change the narrative. I strongly believe that women have the power to change the mentality of men towards them.

My Advice

Don’t help the world to propagate the narrative that women are sex objects. Strive to always command respect for yourself and your body.

Parents should bring up their children to have the fear and love of God, our body is the temple of God.

Sex with multiple partners before marriage destroys you physically, emotionally and spiritually. As a woman, always value your body Keep it chaste till that D-day.

Finally, I believe that the buck stops at the table of we mothers.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by nadalion: 9:54am On Apr 11, 2020
Writer, is this an original post or RP?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by xoxocandy(f): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2020
Ok ma.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by 6Milk(m): 10:01am On Apr 11, 2020
Nice read
Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by nlPoster: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2020
the bearer of light

OP are you a born again Christian sanctified by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross?

Besides, what the bible says is both genders should value their bodies.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Vyolet(f): 10:20am On Apr 11, 2020
I didn't read the whole story honestly but the topic alone is really annoying.
Everyone should guard their body, not only women.
I can't imagine keeping my self only to end up with a manwhore, what's then my gain? angry

10 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Altagracia(f): 10:30am On Apr 11, 2020
Vyolet:
I can't imagine keeping my self only to end up with a manwhore, what's then my gain? angry
Nice one. cheesy
There will be no gain if it is like that

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Professorcplus(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2020
Original poster. I drew the line when I see you mixing spirituality to it. The definition of happiness differ in different generation. This doesn't work in modernized world. Do what makes you happy and proud.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Altagracia(f): 10:34am On Apr 11, 2020
What a piece of shit angry angry
Men should change their own mentality by themselves women should not do it for them.

Op your message should be for both sides.
Because if you are only referring to one gender you are not making any sense because the other gender will still find a way to get what they want from the other gender you cannot be preaching peace to one side and expecting the other side to maintain peace war will still break lose.

My take on your lamentations is that you wake up and smell the coffee our moralities as humans are different everyone has the right of self expression so nothing is static everything must change.
As the earth evolves so do humans what was the norm yesterday cannot be the norm today.

10 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by CAPSLOCKED: 11:26am On Apr 11, 2020
marielou:
In the book of proverbs in the Bible it says drink from your own fountain. The writer of proverbs understood the consequences of drinking from another fountain.

Parents should bring up their children to have the fear and love of God, our body is the temple of God..

THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH CHRISTIAN WOMEN. YOU'RE ALWAYS TO QUICK TO INVOLVE GOD AND THE BIBLE WHENEVER YOU WANT TO SCORE POINTS, WHEN YOUR GOD AND HIS BIBLE HAVE NEAR ZERO RESPECT FOR WOMEN AND WOMEN'S BODIES.

THE ENTIRE "WORD OF GOD" IS COVERED WITH MISOGYNY AND WOMEN ABUSE, FROM PAGE TO PAGE, BUT YOU STILL PLEDGE YOUR WHOLE LIVES TO SUCH A CRUEL DUMB BOOK AND DEITY.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by nlPoster: 11:32am On Apr 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH CHRISTIAN WOMEN. YOU'RE ALWAYS TO QUICK TO INVOLVE GOD AND THE BIBLE WHENEVER YOU WANT TO SCORE POINTS, WHEN YOUR GOD AND HIS BIBLE HAVE NEAR ZERO RESPECT FOR WOMEN AND WOMEN'S BODIES.

THE ENTIRE "WORD OF GOD" IS COVERED WITH MISOGYNY AND WOMEN ABUSE, FROM PAGE TO PAGE, BUT YOU STILL PLEDGE YOUR WHOLE LIVES TO SUCH A CRUEL DUMB BOOK AND DEITY.

Perhaps the both of you are not Christians?
Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2020
If the OP wasn’t too long to quote, I would done so, striking out the whole post, which by the way is filled with crappola angry. Nkea bukwa a form of self erasure bikonu cry
And what a misplacement of that lovely poem.
If the advocacy cannot be self respect of everyone, then dear woman, do you. Do whatever you need to do to get by. Own your shi.t.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Missmossy(f): 11:34am On Apr 11, 2020
Topic should go to both parties and not females alone.

In the long run it’s a personal decision smiley
Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 11, 2020
Professorcplus:
Original poster. I drew the line when I see you mixing spirituality to it. The definition of happiness differ in different generation. This doesn't work in modernized world. Do what makes you happy and proud.

Totally cool
Do anything that empowers/lifts you and makes you happy (and doesn’t hurt others)
God wants this for us

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by CAPSLOCKED: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2020
nlPoster:

Perhaps the both of you are not Christians?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT, BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT RELIGIONS (ACCORDING TO MOST HOLY BOOKS) CARE ABOUT WOMEN'S BODIES ONLY BECAUSE THEY'RE NEEDED TO SATISFY MEN.
IF ANYBODY WANTS TO GLORIFY WOMEN, QUOTING SCRIPTURES IS THE MOST NAIVE WAY TO GO BECAUSE WE'VE SEEN MORE PARTS THAT CONDEMN WOMEN THAN ACTUALLY SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT THEM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Amanee(f): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2020
Somebody is thirsty for popularity among notorious female bashers on NL

Continue madam

But don't forget that the cane they used to pursue the first wife is waiting for the second wife

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 11, 2020
Altagracia:
What a piece of shit angry angry
Men should change their own mentality by themselves women should not do it for them.

Op your message should be for both sides.
Because if you are only referring to one gender you are not making any sense because the other gender will still find a way to get what they want from the other gender you cannot be preaching peace to one side and expecting the other side to maintain peace war will still break lose.

My take on your lamentations is that you wake up and smell the coffee our moralities as humans are different everyone has the right of self expression so nothing is static everything must change.
As the earth evolves so do humans what was the norm yesterday cannot be the norm today.

I kinda like the bolded
Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by nlPoster: 11:53am On Apr 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT, BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT RELIGIONS (ACCORDING TO MOST HOLY BOOKS) CARE ABOUT WOMEN'S BODIES ONLY BECAUSE THEY'RE NEEDED TO SATISFY MEN.
IF ANYBODY WANTS TO GLORIFY WOMEN, QUOTING SCRIPTURES IS THE MOST NAIVE WAY TO GO BECAUSE WE'VE SEEN MORE PARTS THAT CONDEMN WOMEN THAN ACTUALLY SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT THEM.

You see what you want to see.

I wonder who are the people liking and sharing your post?
Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by CAPSLOCKED: 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
nlPoster:

I WONDER TOO. BUT I KNOW NOT EVERYBODY ENJOYS TO LIVE IN LIES & FOOLERY LIKE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.

I KNOW A CERTAIN GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HATE, MOLEST AND KILL OTHER PEOPLE BECAUSE THEIR GOD SAYS THEY SHOULD. THEY WANT TO BE DECEIVED AND MISLED BY MESSENGERS OF THEIR GOD. THEY WANT TO BE EXTORTED. THEY WANT TO DISCREDIT SCIENCE, AND LIMIT THE HUMAN CAPABILITY TO THE PAGES OF THEIR HOLY BOOK.
AND I KNOW A SECOND GROUP WHO DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE GROUP ONE. MAYBE THEY'RE THE GROUP THAT LIKE AND FOLLOW ME.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Western civilisation is not to blame. You'd be surprised how many people in the western world frown against sex before marriage, casual sex, or are waiting for marriage.

Also, men too need to value their bodies. Valuing one's body must not be a woman-only thing. Let's get rid of this double standard.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Kingarthur21: 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

the bottom line of the post is that ladies should not be used for sexual gratification. No one is sheriff over women pants,but shielding women from being exploited(except off course its a mutual sex).
The Op started with condemning both men and women for salaciousness, then went ahead to mourn how women are used and depicted as sex objects by men-that to me is a pro-woman stance and not misogyny.

Ladies are having breast cancer from abortion, they are getting their wombs damaged as well, they have their hearts broken, drop of school etc all as a result of premarital sex... does one become a misogynist for laying a little more emphasis of sexual preservation on ladies than men?
How many men cry about being used and dumped?do they have the burden of unwanted pregnancies?have you not seen the stigma of SM and the praising of SD?how many men are wailing that girls disappear after sex ? Is it not ladies that will shed tears saying "i dated him for several years,did five abortions for him and he didnt marry me"?

This is beyond a stereotype or social construct. Most women feel used after sex when feelings aint reciprocated(this has nothing to do society). Even if men and women are looked at equally sexually,women being emotional in nature(some feminists will call this assertion sexism ....lol) will feel deep down within themselves they are giving out themselves or losing out if have give sex .

Sanctioning a lady's vagina is misogyny,but advising a lady to abscond from premarital sex due to some reasons is not misogyny.

I am not a church-freak,infact i will describe myself a heathen but the OP post was not misogynist but more of self preservation. I accept the bible is misogynistic,i havent touched that book in years.
Religion objectify women bodies for men not that they care about such women-that is misogyny. But advising a lady to avoid casual sex for her own benefit not the usual "to let her husband respect her" bullcrap is a pro-woman stance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by veave(f): 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
The thread should have been.. "why you should value your body as a human"

You're welcome

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Kingarthur21: 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
nlPoster:

me! And other sane people that have backed out of religion cheesy
Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Biglittlelois(f): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
Kingarthur21:

Ladies are having breast cancer from abortion,damaged wombs,have their hearts broken,drop out of school etc

Funny shiits keep coming up everyday on nl, are you a doctor? If yes, please explain in details, with reputable links to explain your theory, and probably a practical example, how abortion, damaged womb, females bjaving their heart broken, and dropping out of school, causes breast cancer, I want to learn something new today pls.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Kingarthur21: 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Funny shiits keep coming up everyday on nl, are you a doctor? If yes, please explain in details, with reputable links to explain your theory, and probably a practical example, how abortion, damaged womb, females bjaving their heart broken, and dropping out of school, causes breast cancer, I want to learn something new today pls.
This question was from a place a spite or a subtle attack on my post,but i will do the needful and correct the sentence to be:

Ladies are having breast cancer from abortion, they are getting their wombs damaged as well, they have their hearts broken, drop of school etc all as a result of premarital sex...

You are not oblivious the repercussions in the above were independent points clustered into one sentence but your desire to drag me because you disagree with my post made you quote me.you comprehended the entire point,but decided to stir up dust from a mix up in the sentence

Bye lois
Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Biglittlelois(f): 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
Kingarthur21:

This question was from a place a spite or a subtle attack on my post,but i will do the needful and correct the sentence to be:

Ladies are having breast cancer from abortion, they are getting their wombs damaged as well, they have their hearts broken, drop of school etc all as a result of premarital sex...

You are not oblivious the repercussions in the above were independent points clustered into one sentence but your desire to drag me because you disagree with my post made you quote me.you comprehended the entire point,but decided to stir up dust from a mix up in the sentence

Bye lois

Lol dude I don't do subtle attack, I attack when I'm being attacked or worse, and outrightly if i might add,

I quoted that comment cos it caught my attention, so, as a highly inquisitive person who likes to ask questions in order to gain new knowledge, that is why I asked you, and seeing as you have concluded that I am being mischievous cos of that statement, of which, I'm not surprised since it is typical of most male here, I have to conclude that you, same as some others, just love to type for cheap points to get likes, no matter how baseless it is,

That statement has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand and this thread, especially the breast cancer thingy, but you still insist on it, so explain how breast cancer is caused by abortion cos it seems you have knowledge on it, and I'm going to assume you are a doctor till you tell me otherwise, so humor me pls.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by jaksmillioniar: 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Vyolet:
so u go about sexing as a public toilet
Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Kingarthur21: 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Lol dude I don't do subtle attack, I attack when I'm being attacked or worse, and outrightly if i might add,

I quoted that comment cos it caught my attention, so, as a highly inquisitive person who likes to ask questions in order to gain new knowledge, that is why I asked you, and seeing as you have concluded that I am being mischievous cos of that statement, of which, I'm not surprised since it is typical of most male here, I have to conclude that you, same as some others, just love to type for cheap points to get likes, no matter how baseless it is,

That statement has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand and this thread, especially the breast cancer thingy, but you still insist on it, so explain how breast cancer is caused by abortion cos it seems you have knowledge on it, and I'm going to assume you are a doctor till you tell me otherwise, so humor me pls.
You are the lowest of low sore loser ,i will not dignify your gibberish with a response...just stay off my mentions else i will shove your pitiable self to the garbage you belong...if you doubted that there was an undertone of spite in your mention then you are dumb.
If my post was not related to the topic (or the portion you made reference to) then why quote it? Who wants to get cheap points between you and i?
No need for you to reply this post because you are included to the list of douchebags i will ignore henceforth
Re: Why You Should Value Your Body As A Woman by Biglittlelois(f): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
Kingarthur21:

You are the lowest of low sore loser ,i will not dignify your gibberish with a response...just stay off my mentions else i will shove your pitiable self to the garbage you belong...if you doubted that there was an undertone of spite in your mention then you are dumb.
If my post was not related to the topic (or the portion you made reference to) then why quote it? Who wants to get cheap points between you and i?
No need for you to reply this post because you are included to the list of douchebags i will ignore henceforth

K.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Find Your Old Friend / Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? / Did You Know ? The World Dirtiest Man, Kindly Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.