Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Java Or Oracle. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Or Oracle. (1554 Views)

Mcitp, Ccna Or Oracle Dba / Programming Career In Either JAVA Or .NET / Web Service Using Java Or C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Or Oracle. by Madeu(m): 2:35am On Jan 04, 2011
wat the difference btw java and oracle.which one is best for learning programming.
Re: Java Or Oracle. by mikkytrio(m): 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2011
are you kidding me?
java and oracle which is better for programming?
well i never diss but try to point in the right direction so i guess this can slide, but honestly I guess google.com/ng can really help on such a matter not nairaland.

JAVA
------
Java is a programming language originally developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems (which is now a subsidiary of Oracle Corporation) and released in 1995 as a core component of Sun Microsystems' Java platform. The language derives much of its syntax from C and C++ but has a simpler object model and fewer low-level facilities. Java applications are typically compiled to bytecode (class file) that can run on any Java Virtual Machine (JVM) regardless of computer architecture. Java is a general-purpose, concurrent, class-based, object-oriented language that is specifically designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. It is intended to let application developers "write once, run anywhere". Java is currently one of the most popular programming languages in use, and is widely used from application software to web applications.[9][10]
The original and reference implementation Java compilers, virtual machines, and class libraries were developed by Sun from 1995. As of May 2007, in compliance with the specifications of the Java Community Process, Sun relicensed most of its Java technologies under the GNU General Public License. Others have also developed alternative implementations of these Sun technologies, such as the GNU Compiler for Java, GNU Classpath, and Dalvik.

ORACLE
----------

The Oracle Database (commonly referred to as Oracle RDBMS or simply as Oracle) is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS)[2] produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation.
Larry Ellison and his friends and former co-workers Bob Miner and Ed Oates started the consultancy Software Development Laboratories (SDL) in 1977. SDL developed the original version of the Oracle software. The name Oracle comes from the code-name of a CIA-funded project Ellison had worked on while previously employed by Ampex.[3]

sources
----------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_Database

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_(programming_language)

please read the articles those links bring up.
Re: Java Or Oracle. by naijaswag1: 12:07am On Jan 06, 2011
Java is a 'programming language' whilst Oracle is a 'database application'.Try checking out this singled terms via the online encyclopedia wikipedia;it will give you a broader meaning.But let say that oracle being an application in plain terms is written in programming languages of which java is inclusive.Java on the other hand is a type of programming language.Java sits along side other languages like c++,python,pascal and over 100 other languages whereas oracle database has other competitors like mysql,hbase,sybase etc.If you want to learn programming it will be java or any other language but if you are interested in database administration then you can go for oracle.

I believe you know what a database is? An application for storage and retrieval of data.

Try googling and wikipedia some keys words above for like 2hours and you will begin to get a clearer picture.
Re: Java Or Oracle. by a3cube: 12:21am On Jan 06, 2011
codeNIGERIA.com - The Nigerian developers forum. Just ask your question.

http://codenigeria.com
Re: Java Or Oracle. by Madeu(m): 6:08am On Jan 06, 2011
too all: thanks
Re: Java Or Oracle. by mikkytrio(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2011
@a3cube nice site, but not sure it can take out nairaland. best bet think of what nairaland does not offer and work towards it, then u can have an edge over nairaland. for now it still stands at number 9 of most visited sites in nigeria.
ranking chart.

1-->facebook.com
2-->yahoo.com
3-->google.com.ng
4-->google.com
5-->.com
6-->youtube.com
7-->twitter.com
8-->wikipedia.org
9-->nairaland.com

and yet they have the worst customer care. the administrators do not really reply to messages drawing their attention.
I stand to be corrected!
Re: Java Or Oracle. by ebenzen(m): 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2011
i love the way you answer that question infact you must be a guru in I.T. Pls i wanted to know if this oracle courses worth it in Nigeria.I paid 100K months ago and the centre is asking for there balance now, should i go ahead plssss advise me oooo,
Re: Java Or Oracle. by Mobinga: 11:53am On Jan 15, 2011
Liverpool or Nigeria?
Re: Java Or Oracle. by candylips(m): 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2011
liverpool

(1) (Reply)

One Little Cracker For All Programmers!!! (enjoy) / Qbasic Help / What Is Happening To 2go These Days: Logging In Problems,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.