Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? (2233 Views)

The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna / Ukwulu Invasion: Outcry As Fulani Herdsmen Ruin Farmlands In Anambra (Video) / FarmLands For Crop Planting In Ogun State Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by excanny: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
I have been wondering on this for a while for a plantation project I have in mind in the future and thinking of where to set it up.

Which states in the south has cheapest farmlands per acre?

Would appreciate contributions with estimated price range. Thanks.
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by billpete89: 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
I think Ebonyi state, however you can still get in rural areas of other states like imo.

But if you looking to start sometime big you would probably opt for leasing the land.
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by excanny: 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
billpete89:
I think Ebonyi state, however you can still get in rural areas of other states like imo.

But if you looking to start sometime big you would probably opt for leasing the land.

How much per acre outright sale?
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by okoroemeka(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
if you say the south then Yoruba land is also included, you will see acre of #80-100k outright purchase in ogun state

1 Like

Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by excanny: 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
okoroemeka:
if you say the south then Yoruba land is also included, you will see acre of #80-100k outright purchase in ogun state

What are the cheapest offers an acre can go for in SS or SE?
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by onyeka205(m): 11:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
excanny:
I have been wondering on this for a while for a plantation project I have in mind in the future and thinking of where to set it up.

I have one for sale in Imo State. It is not all that cheap but the area of land is up to 5000 plots with accessible road which is tared from Owerri main town to the site.
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by excanny: 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
onyeka205:
I have one for sale in Imo State. It is not all that cheap but the area of land is up to 5000 plots with accessible road which is tared from Owerri main town to the site.

You have over 300 hectares of land? Are you sure? How much is a hectare?
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by onyeka205(m): 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
excanny:

You have over 300 hectares of land? Are you sure? How much is a hectare?
In actual fact it is up to 10,000 plots owned by a village but they are willing to sell about 5000 plots. The cost is N450,000 per plot that's why I said earlier that it's quite costly but vast
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by excanny: 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
onyeka205:
In actual fact it is up to 10,000 plots owned by a village but they are willing to sell about 5000 plots. The cost is N450,000 per plot that's why I said earlier that it's quite costly but vast

OK. That's for residential I see. Anyway, SE is off my radar. The lack of abundant land space is a turn off for me. Tho they probably have the best soil for my proposed plantation.

But its funny how that region discourages agriculture. Wonder how the cost of living will be terrible there in the near future.
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by okoroemeka(m): 5:15am On Apr 12, 2020
excanny:

What are the cheapest offers an acre can go for in SS or SE?
there is 200 plots available near NIHORT mbato okigwe at #150k per plot,if you seriously need cheap land for agricultural purposes and also good sites near rivers for earth pond contact Whatapp 08119942049
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by excanny: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2020
okoroemeka:
there is 200 plots available near NIHORT mbato okigwe at #150k per plot,if you seriously need cheap land for agricultural purposes and also good sites near rivers for earth pond contact Whatapp 08119942049

150k per plot isn't agric-friendly price, friend. We are looking at acquiring 15 hectares of farmland. SE is a no no.
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by okoroemeka(m): 11:45am On Apr 12, 2020
excanny:

150k per plot isn't agric-friendly price, friend. We are looking at acquiring 15 hectares of farmland. SE is a no no.
Southwest or middle belt will be your best bet,cross river also has cheap lands around ugep.
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by whirlwind7(m): 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
onyeka205:

Where in Imo is this place?
How much per plot?
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by frankyfranky(m): 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
Aniocha LG area of Delta State ...
200/300 plots of land.
(100FT/100FT is a plot)
60/100k per plot, out right sales.
10mins drive to Asaba.
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by Toosure70: 6:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
excanny:

Ekiti
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by excanny: 7:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
Toosure70:
Ekiti
What's the cheapest an acre can go for?
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by Toosure70: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
excanny:

What's the cheapest an acre can go for?
60k and if you buy 20 + others you buy can be paid instalmentaly

1 Like

Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by onyeka205(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
whirlwind7:

Where in Imo is this place?
How much per plot?
The land is located in Ngor Okpala LGA of Imo state and the price is N450, 000 per plot
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by mankettle(m): 2:39am On Apr 13, 2020
okoroemeka:
What part of Ogun for 80 to 100k. And how far to a tarred road
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by amadasunfarm(m): 7:49am On Apr 13, 2020
I think Edo state you can get at the rural areas for 200k to 300k in acre of land
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by ekuboygood(m): 7:59am On Apr 13, 2020
frankyfranky:
Aniocha LG area of Delta State ... 200/300 plots of land. (100FT/100FT is a plot) 60/100k per plot, out right sales. 10mins drive to Asaba.
which part aniocha lg in ogwashiuku?

1 Like

Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by frankyfranky(m): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2020
ekuboygood:
which part aniocha lg in ogwashiuku?
Not really but close to ogwashi uku.
Though u can access the plots thru ogwashi uku. It's under same LGA.
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by mcknowles: 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
Oyo state, 80000 per acre (6plots)
If you need farmland contact me.

For your frozen chicken order with us.
Call'whatsapp07065314400
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by benzion72(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
South West currently has near free land. Termed government reserved land. So many are doing free lumbering and so many are making money in sales of farm produce. All you need to do is know your way around the natives.
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by excanny: 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
benzion72:
South West currently has near free land. Termed government reserved land. So many are doing free lumbering and so many are making money in sales of farm produce. All you need to do is know your way around the natives.

Other regions too have FG lands, maybe except SE.

Cos I know of Forest reserves in Ondo and Delta.

But I'm looking at private lands.

1 Like

Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by excanny: 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2020
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by AceRoyal: 4:38am On May 01, 2020
excanny:

I am going to be honest with you. South West have the cheapest farmlands but they have their draw backs. This is followed by South South with Edo state having the cheapest lands of all the south south states due to her land mass,then the south east comes least of the southern states.
Lands are rarely sold per acre for agricultural purposes in most South South states compared to the south west.
You can get problem free farm lands in Edo state starting from N150,000/Acre. You can contact me via whatsapp on 07053331484 or call 08032252564 for more information and Inquiries.
smiley
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by Atlanticfire: 8:16am On May 01, 2020
AceRoyal:

I am going to be honest with you. South West have the cheapest farmlands but they have their draw backs. This is followed by South South with Edo state having the cheapest lands of all the south south states due to her land mass,then the south east comes least of the southern states.
Lands are rarely sold per acre for agricultural purposes in most South South states compared to the south west.
You can get problem free farm lands in Edo state starting from N150,000/Acre. You can contact me via whatsapp on 07053331484 or call 08032252564 for more information and Inquiries.
smiley

I think this is the true situation. Parts of Delta state also have cheap land for agriculture. Mainly delta north and parts of Delta central.

Anyone know of where someone can get cheap land in ogun state close to ijebu ode axis?
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by AceRoyal: 9:09am On May 01, 2020
Atlanticfire:

I think this is the true situation. Parts of Delta state also have cheap land for agriculture. Mainly delta north and parts of Delta central.

Anyone know of where someone can get cheap land in ogun state close to ijebu ode axis?
Yes but purchase has to be in large quantity
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by timsucess(m): 1:43pm On May 01, 2020
Toosure70:
Ekiti

Can I get a cheap land I can lease for farming
Am in Ado
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by Toosure70: 2:48pm On May 01, 2020
timsucess:

Can I get a cheap land I can lease for farming Am in Ado
you can get close to ado,
Re: Which States Have The Cheapest Farmlands In Southern Part Of Nigeria? by timsucess(m): 6:48pm On May 01, 2020
Toosure70:
you can get close to ado,

Bro let's talk on whatsapp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons You Should Engage In Agriculture. / How To Reduce The Cost Of Fish Feed Via Maggots Production / My Catfish Blog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.