Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help (1436 Views)

How Much Is 4gb Ram For Laptop / Come for Laptop screen replacement in our Abuja and Lagos store / Come in for laptop replacement battery⚡⚡ deals in Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by debossng: 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
Please I need help because my data consumption speed is killing me.

I just recharged Airtel #1,500 for 6G for 7 days BUT mine runs out in minutes after just a few clicks.

I am really tired and need help fast.

Please I need advise on best data plan for Laptop browsing
Re: What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by kerrysmart: 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
Disable ur system update

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by lekjons(m): 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
If you're using windows 8 to 10 disable windows update

OR

Set your wifi connection to 'metered'

I use windows 10 and it doesn't drain my data even if it 10mb

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by debossng: 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
lekjons:
If you're using windows 8 to 10 disable windows update

OR

Set your wifi connection to 'metered'

I use windows 10 and it doesn't drain my data even if it 10mb

I use window 7
Re: What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by Yuneehk(f): 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
Check your "metered connection". It's probably off. Turn it on and your data bundle would serve you.
Re: What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by Kylekent59: 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
debossng

Some background updates are the cause.

I am going to tell you what to do to stop it. This will stop every secrete update and stop the consumption .

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/what-is-svchost-netsvcs-fix-high-network-usage/

visit the link and all your problems are solved. It will show you what to do + pictures on how to follow it up step by step.
Re: What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by debossng: 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
Yuneehk:
Check your "metered connection". It's probably off. Turn it on and your data bundle would serve you.

OK thanks, I'll try it

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by debossng: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2020
Good morning guys, thanks for your contributions
Re: What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by emmajohan(f): 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hydro Flask Coupons is the best way to avail discounts on Hydro Flask store shopping, there are lots of items on which you can avail the discount, amazing offers so visit the store by clicking the button and Save your Pocket now!
Re: What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help by Premiumwriter: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
Windows is a data hungry beast. Windows 7 is the least so.

I remember calling MTN customer care one night because my midnight sub of 1gb got finished before I could open two web pages after connecting my laptop to my phone hotspot.

I almost insult the lady that answered my call that night sha because I was really pissed.

Anyways, there's really no solution to the problem, you just have to understand that windows will use more data than your smartphone.

Checking the metered connection on your device will only stop windows from updating, it doesn't stop it and the tens of hungry services from connecting to the internet and checking for updates and patches.

Your best step is to get netlimiter. It is a firewall that let you choose which app can connect to the internet and which cannot. Get the cracked version from getintopc and install.

Just launch it and turn on your data, it'll list all the apps on your computer currently using your internet and then you can choose to deny them Internet, reduce the speed of their connection or allow them.

(1) (Reply)

Window Xp Installation Problem / Speed Test Results / Almost Brand New Toshiba Satelite C55-A5100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.