Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,648 members, 7,854,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 02:27 AM

Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game (28590 Views)

What Clemens Westerhof Told Eguavoen About Super Eagles / Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) / Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Staro: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
Subduer:
I watched the match. Wester Ho & Ref sabotaged Nigeria.

That Austin Eguaveon's rough tackle in the penalty
area that gave rise to Roberto Baggio's (penalty) goal
really looked suspicious

1 Like

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by OlawaleBammie: 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
Abdulrahman1000:
I wish all our lovely christain brothers and sisters all over the world happy easter celebration, may Almighty God gives you the chance and opportunities to experience and witness many more of it in your lifetime with plentious wealths and uncountable success, happiness and blessings.. u will never lack all what you want in ur entire lifetime amen

Amen bro...

Amen in Jesus Name.

tanks bro
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by oluwasegun007(m): 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by guychidile: 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
what arrant nonsense are you talking about! as far as I know Clemens Westhof did his best for nigeria
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by FlameZ80s(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2020
Westerhof abeg no answer Bonfere, na corona oldage de worry am
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by pk2me: 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
I still remember that match which was during my waec exam, I hate to remember that match.
I don't think it was sold but I still.blame the players for the lost most especially our defense.
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by deltateam: 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
ukukaegbu:
I thought this Pull-Him-Down syndrome exists among blacks only

Take hold of your African chicken or have it sent to the afterlife.

Happy Easter guys.
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by klax(m): 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
pyyxxaro:

As at when they play that match , u still de suck feeding bottle grin

Nor be u de wear dirty mother care pant de run our compound

So which eye u con take watch am undecided

Haaaaaa!!!
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by starprince71: 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
There is [color=#006600][/color] truth in what he said
Ghostmode2two:
Sue his ass asap and also that Taribo West that spoke dust the other day.
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Seun360(m): 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2020
fairfora:
You don't seem to understand the mess going on in the game of football. Was the former FIFA boss not a good man? grin the more you look, the less you see.

I think this is the time God wanted to expose Westerhof. That USA '94 pained me to the narrow. I couldn't sleep that night. Many people died of HBP. It's a moment I'd never forget because we were to qualified to lose that match. It beat millions of Nigerians' imagination how Roberto Bagio struck a few minutes into the end of the rigorous match. Westerhof was supposed to make a meaningful change but he kept quiet.

Sold the match for 100k, those this even add up?
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Icon79(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
BS! What better record does BonJo have? He used the foundation laid by Westerhof to win the Olympics (over 50% of the team was players discovered by Westerhof). But when he took over as the Super Eagles team, what did he do? We lost the AFCON at home at the time when we have the best collection of players anywhere in Africa! And to add insult to injury, with all our super stars, we started losing to the likes of Togo and Sierra Leone.
Anybody who understands anything about football knows that BonJo was just a trainer not a manager. He knows nothing about the technicalities of the game and can't read a match situation.

At least, Westerhof was able to get other jobs after Nigeria but what other job has BonJo done after Nigeria? Nothing! He's just using Westerhof's name to stay relevant and I hope Clemense sues his behind shocked

O pari

kingso96:
than Nigerians are ungrateful twerps. Bonfre has better record than westerhof
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by PFRB: 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
You may recall that Amunike and Amokachi had been injured and replaced. Don't you?
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by yinkson(m): 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
pyyxxaro:

What if he watched the replay?
At least he still watched the same match, diff. Is just the fact that he didn't watch the live broadcast
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by KINGTELLER: 5:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
I later rewatched the match, Eguavon messed up the game, there was a time when we had clear chance of scoring 2nd goal, the so called Eguavon instead of passing the ball, foolishly hit the ball far wide over the post
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by amosedwin1: 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hunger wan finish person 4 house... Tired and weak... I need something put belly this night no joking pls. can't come and kill myself Union Bank 0043895578
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by mechanics(m): 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
vibre:
Westerhof was a good man, I don't know why bonfrere Jo wants to tarnish his image
Am even surprised why he said that.
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by mechanics(m): 5:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
They should settle their differences amicably.
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Deffi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
settle amicably please guys...

Let bygones be just that.....bygones.

1 Like

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Kaa4(m): 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
pyyxxaro:

Some people on this forum believe that another is a twenty something year old like they are. Therefore the write rudely and are inconsiderate of the language and the manner in which they write.

If you disagree with a person that does not call for rudeness and inappropriate language on that person.

I won't leave this forum for these kind of people, but let's mind our language.

1 Like

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by ReeLoaDead(m): 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
I believe Bonfere was speaking out of his a s s . The truth is Italy deserved to win that game. Remember, Italy was a goal down and a man down towards the end of regulation and Nigeria could not close out the game/win.
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by yom2(m): 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
tiswell:
There was rumour then after the match that it was sold to Italy, Bonfere Jo only confirmed it recwntly
is just like the 5g story then. Nothing concrete
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
starprince71:
There is [color=#006600][/color] truth in what he said

I am not disputing the fact he told some some truth but why wait this long?
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Moikiitos: 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
oshozondii:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/clemens-westerhof-ill-sue-bonfrere-to-clear-my-name/

They're both Dutch men...they should slot it out. We lost the game already, though painful but we have moved on. But Naija will still be interesting to know who the "Judas Iscariot" is that sold us out.
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Sweetcho: 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
I believe this he is also an alleged paedophile who gave his ex wife Aids and was dealing with a 14 year old child all African women/child sad also a deadbeat dad. He sounds like the type of man to do that seems he has no moralsseems nasty
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by danielorilonise(m): 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
GOVERNMENTBOY20:
After how many years
After how many decades?
Did he lose his voice over 20 years ago
I wonder ooo
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by aswani(m): 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
Westerhof liked money and was an agent cum manager but that amount was way too small for him. He could have earnt that amount by finding clubs for two or three players.

He built that team from scratch and it was his legacy. He more than most had a lot to gain by them going as far as possible.

Westerhof is about the only foreign coach that immersed himself into Nigeria, as he said he still has a house here and speaks some pidgin even.

Check out some interviews of his on YouTube, he still has a piece of his heart in Naija.

He and Bonfere need to end their beef, all these accusations are a nonsense. No one took money, Italy used their streetwise nature to win that match fair and square. Painful as it is, we need to move on.

2 Likes

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by omonnakoda: 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2020
The match was not fixed
The coach was not on the field
$100 000
That is laughable.
Westerhof stood to gain a lot more from progressing to the next stage
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by CrestMan: 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2020
You can watch Pastor Chris Oyakhilome right now for a life transforming Easter program. Time is 6pm.
You can also connect online through the LIVETV MOBILE APP!

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
Oche211:
Bonfere Jo is just envious of westerhof's records.
He is angry at the fact that after over 2 decades, references are been made to westerhof's days.
Nigerians love westerhof.
That's the truth.
Bonfere Jo is just wasting his times and efforts.
He can't make us hate westerhof

I hope they settle whatever differences that exist between them as Nigerians, we love both of them. They are great men who brought honours to our football and the name Nigeria.

I personally believe that it is quite wrong for Bonfire Jo to make such a heavy allegation against his former boss and friend though. Super Eagles played a fantastically unique brand of football under the tutelages of both great Dutch men. We can't forget the 1994 nations cup victory and what about 1996 Olympic soccer victory ? Wow ! Those great years ! Nigeria was ranked 5th best soccer playing nation in the world !

I don't believe Westerhof sold that match too because the "Dutchgerian" genuinely loves Nigeria.
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by saintade01(m): 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
Wawu. I remember this match vividly even though I was 10 then. It was actually a fair play.
Almost all our matches were played in the middle of the night with tv outside the house for the whole street to come watch�

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tennis: Australian Open 2012 / Ibrahim Ahmed: Ahmed Musa's Son's First Photo / Thierry Henry Brands Osimhen's Napoli Video Racist - Says Video Not A Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.