Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin (1204 Views)

Explain These Bible Verses / Pastor Olakunle Beloved: Sex Before Marriage Is Not Sin (Video) / 101 Scientific Facts In The Bible With Bible Passages To Back It It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by kingmeme: 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2020
Now is pre-marital love making a sin? What was Paul taling about when he mentioned love making immorality? When is premarital love making a sin?

Answer is this-

Exodus 22:16-17 KJV

And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. [17] If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 KJV

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; [29] Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days]

Now, when you have a wonan/a virgin or a young lady whom you are sure you will get married, then you can have lie with her and must pay her bride prize, but if you will not marry her, then you have mafe her a prostitute and turned her body to that of Mammon.

Paul (Ist Corinthians 6-18-20) was talking about temple prostitutes.

This automatically means that love making before marriage is not a sin if there is 100% assurance that you guys are going to get married.

2 Likes

Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by Iyawotemi(f): 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Read it very well.

Those passages you wrote were before Paul was born even Jesus Christ. Read new testaments

2 Likes

Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by Arsenella007(f): 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
Liar.. How can you justify your whoring by misinterpreting the Bible? Paul wrote the place you quoted to the Corinthians Church and not temple prostitutes. Stop this deceit..

2 Likes

Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Kingmeme see what the poster above me said. Don't be like apc and pdp supporters who run away or keep silent when you show them obvious truth. Come here and apologise for the nonsense you put up there.
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by iretiolu92(f): 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by kingmeme: 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
Iyawotemi:
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Read it very well.

Those passages you wrote were before Paul was born even Jesus Christ. Read new testaments
lol, so the d old testament is useless? Why haven't u Christians remove it from d bible? Since everything in d old testament is useless including the "ten commandments" So am still correct based on ur assumption, d reasons my verse up dere is useless is dsame reason d ten commandment DAT caution u against premarital sex is useless, u dig?
DominusPrime:
Kingmeme see what the poster above me said. Don't be like apc and pdp supporters who run away or keep silent when you show them obvious truth. Come here and apologise for the nonsense you put up there.
Arsenella007:
Liar.. How can you justify your whoring by misinterpreting the Bible? Paul wrote the place you quoted to the Corinthians Church and not temple prostitutes. Stop this deceit..

Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
kingmeme:
lol, so the d old testament is useless? Why haven't u Christians remove it from d bible? Since everything in d old testament is useless including the "ten commandments" So am still correct based on ur assumption, d reasons my verse up dere is useless is dsame reason d ten commandment DAT caution u against premarital sex is useless, u dig?
I never said the old testament is useless. It is very useful up till today. Now I've answered your question. Now answer mine...I'll also ask you the same question. Explain what the new testament meant in the verse she quoted. Don't play games. Go straight to the point and explain it.
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by dankol: 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2020
Iyawotemi:

Read it very well.

lol.. cherry picking people of God. Well, the last phase has nothing to do with the op's passage. It was clear that a man who disvirgin a lady would go ahead and marry her by paying the dowry or not marry her yet pay because the father of the girl does not want the marriage. So he is no whoremonger neither an adulterer. But the first passage is the key yo guilt trip people. The passages the op quoted showed that even God respect the agreement of two people. two consenting people who whose to have sex. So who are you to carry it on your head? MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE WITH THE BED UNDEFILED. it implies that.. it is much better that there is no prior sex before marriage thats makes it an hourable thing. HOWEVER, a prior sex situation DOES NOT MAKE IT A SIN but less honourable. such that typically u pay dowry before getting down low, but due to an unforseen circumstance, you went low before paying dowry.. So for me.. this means two adults ready to go to the alter can chose to have sex... provided their families would approve it... else it is not adviceable... simple.....
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
kingmeme:
Now is pre-marital love making a sin? What was Paul taling about when he mentioned love making immorality? When is premarital love making a sin?

Answer is this-

And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. [17] If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; [29] Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days]

Now, when you have a wonan/a virgin or a young lady whom you are sure you will get married, then you can have lie with her and must pay her bride prize, but if you will not marry her, then you have mafe her a prostitute and turned her body to that of Mammon.

This automatically means that love making before marriage is not a sin if there is 100% assurance that you guys are going to get married.

Uncle, please stop misleading people with this.
If you don't understand what Paul was trying to say there, please ask questions or pray for the Holy spirit to guide you.
Fornication is a sin

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by petra1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
The question here is to define what is fornication

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1 Corinthians 7:2
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by MuttleyLaff: 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
kingmeme:
Now is pre-marital love making a sin? What was Paul talking about when he mentioned love making immorality? When is premarital love making a sin?

Answer is this-
[16]And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.
[17] If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.

[28]If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
[29] Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days]

This automatically means that love making before marriage is not a sin if there is 100% assurance that you guys are going to get married
kingmeme I love reading a post that has chutzpah, that why I stamped a big fat like on OP.

Posters rarely come out to put their head above the parapet to reveal that Ist Corinthians 6:18-20 really was talking about temple prostitutes and of course infidelity. You can see how chagrined people like Eulalia, petra1 etcetera are at you, and this merely because of sheer ignorance. They are baying literally for your hide and blood, lol.

kingmeme, please in two to three sentences or if better, just a paragraph, put it out here, how you know that with certainty, Apostle Paul was talking about temple prostitutes in Ist Corinthians 6:18-20, and delve more in the sort of temple prostitutesis was talking of. Thanks
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by spartan117(m): 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
kingmeme:
lol, so the d old testament is useless? Why haven't u Christians removed it from the bible? Since everything in d old testament is useless including the "ten commandments" So am still correct based on ur assumption, d reasons my verse up dere is useless is dsame reason d ten commandment DAT caution u against premarital sex is useless, u dig?
You have revealed yourself. You are not one of us, just a pawn of the devil.

Both you and your master are too small to deceive us.
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by petra1(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You can see how chagrined people like Eulalia, petra1 etcetera are at you, and this merely because of sheer ignorance. They are baying literally for your hide and blood, lol.

Dont mis represent me oga. It's only observation,admonition and recommendation I made . Let truth prevail.
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by Brunicekid(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
dankol:

lol.. cherry picking people of God. Well, the last phase has nothing to do with the op's passage. It was clear that a man who disvirgin a lady would go ahead and marry her by paying the dowry or not marry her yet pay because the father of the girl does not want the marriage. So he is no whoremonger neither an adulterer. But the first passage is the key yo guilt trip people. The passages the op quoted showed that even God respect the agreement of two people. two consenting people who whose to have sex. So who are you to carry it on your head? MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE WITH THE BED UNDEFILED. it implies that.. it is much better that there is no prior sex before marriage thats makes it an hourable thing. HOWEVER, a prior sex situation DOES NOT MAKE IT A SIN but less honourable. such that typically u pay dowry before getting down low, but due to an unforseen circumstance, you went low before paying dowry.. So for me.. this means two adults ready to go to the alter can chose to have sex... provided their families would approve it... else it is not adviceable... simple.....
Really
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by MuttleyLaff: 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
petra1:
The question here is to define what is fornication

1 Corinthians 6:18
"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body."

1 Corinthians 7:2
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband

petra1:
Dont mis represent me oga.
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Me? Nah, I just say it, as it is.

petra1:
It's only observation, admonition and recommendation I made . Let truth prevail
Please carry on, please be explicit what your observation, admonition and recommendation are concerning all kingmeme said about, is pre-marital love making a sin when reviewing Exodus 22:16-17 and Deuteronomy 22:28-29 inconjunction with Ist Corinthians 6:18-20, that's talking about temple prostitutes

What actually petra1 then, according to your biblical knowledge and understanding are Exodus 22:16-17 and Deuteronomy 22:28-29 talking about?
Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by kingmeme: 12:02am On Apr 13, 2020
spartan117:

You have revealed yourself. You are not one of us, just a pawn of the devil.

Both you and your master are too small to deceive us.
dsame old pickup lines packaged differently

Re: With These Bible Passages, Love Making Before Marriage Is Not A Sin by spartan117(m): 8:26am On Apr 13, 2020
kingmeme:
[/b] dsame old pickup lines packaged differently
Pickup lines

Receive Jesus Christ into your life today and be saved.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

(1) (Reply)

Which World Cup Team Does God Support? / God: Does He Really Care? / "the Spirit Of The Lord Will Come Upon You In Power, And You Will Be Changed Int

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.