Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design (6348 Views)

"No Samsung Fold, No Entry" - Nigerian Big Boys Flaunt Samsung Folds Phones / Police Officers Flaunt Expensive iPhones (Pictures, Video) / How To Connect Your Smartphone To A Television. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by beejayvince(m): 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
Last week, LG unveiled a fresh design language for its upcoming smartphones. LG described the design language as “an intersection of the natural world with modern trends in technology.” The design involves a new vertical camera arrangement that is inspired by raindrops.

However, the company did not exactly talk about any new smartphone in the works. This has left many people guessing which of the company’s phones will be the first to adopt it.

LG has now officially disclosed that the first smartphone to flaunt its new design strategy is the LG Velvet. LG made this announcement in its official press release.

According to the company, the LG Velvet will sport the “Raindrop” camera lens design as well as a “symmetrical, flowing form factor that is both pleasing to the eye and pleasing to touch.”

LG also talked about what the name “LG Velvet” was about. The Korean electronics giant has revealed that it will now use expressive names that capture the essence of its devices. So, LG is now dropping the alphanumeric naming scheme, the type we see in devices like the LG G9 and the LG V60.

With this new update, one may tend to believe the rumors that LG is indeed pulling the plugs on its ‘G’ series phones. This would be surprising, considering the success of the series. Reports have it that the company will announce the ‘G’ series replacement on May 15. However, it is probably just a naming change. It is only a matter of time before we find out.

Source:
https://www.smartphonecamp.com/lg-velvet-is-the-first-lg-smartphone-to-flaunt-the-brands-new-design-language-with-raindrop-camera/

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by bravesoul247(m): 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
This is very beautiful, so many beautiful devices will be launched this year. Atleast the Tecno Camon 15 won't be the only great device that will be launched.

2 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
angry angry angry

LG is not really bad at designs after all, just don't know why their phones don't have much users

5 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
bravesoul247:
This is very beautiful, so many beautiful devices will be launched this year. Atleast the Tecno Camon 15 won't be the only great device that will be launched.

angry angry angry

Yup. You are right! 100% Tecno Camon 15 and variants are perhaps the greatest smartphones so far in 2020 at least on what we know for now. Samsung, Nokia, Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo, Apple, LG are all junks. I don't even think there is any product that will ever come to beat these masterpiece this year

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by MJBOLT: 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
samsung s20 series is far above anything tecno

[s]
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

Yup. You are right! 100% Tecno Camon 15 and variants are perhaps the greatest smartphones so far in 2020 at least on what we know for now. Samsung, Nokia, Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo, Apple, LG are all junks. I don't even think there is any product that will ever come to beat these masterpiece this year
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by hardeycute(m): 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2020
MJBOLT:

[s][/s]
Sarcasm

13 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by lepasharon(f): 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hm..so LG is making a comeback
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
hardeycute:
Sarcasm

That's the vibe

1 Like

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
lepasharon:
Hm..so LG is making a comeback

angry angry angry

Hopefully

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by OLUWABIG(m): 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
bravesoul247:

Tecno Camon 15 isn't even a great device sef

5 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by jikins(m): 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

Its really sad hearing you praise a phone of 90k with specs of 30k. Do your research compare camon 15 with any xiaomi phone at that price range and see the massive difference. Get value for money, no you want to wallow in mediocrity. No wahala continue.

In other news I sell very cheap data feel free to contact me all. Check my signature

11 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 12, 2020
jikins:

Its really sad hearing you praise a phone of 90k with specs of 30k. Do your research compare camon 15 with any xiaomi phone at that price range and see the massive difference. Get value for money, no you want to wallow in mediocrity. No wahala continue.

In other news I sell very cheap data feel free to contact me all. Check my signature
Angry guy!
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
MJBOLT:

[s][/s]
are you fuccking serious?
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Tallesty1(m): 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2020
bravesoul247:
Who else feels like planking this guy?

15 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Illusioneffect(m): 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
Tallesty1:
me oo, the guy na tecno marketer

1 Like

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
jikins:

angry angry angry

Read between the lines. Mr Xiaomi!! It's all about being sarcastic.

11 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Sonoyom(m): 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
Tallesty1:
na 2 by 2 i dey find so.

3 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Daum: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
Very poor battery life for all LG fones
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by MZrapper(f): 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
bravesoul247:

Camon 15??
Are you okay?

1 Like

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Fragility6: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
Lol.. No b raindrop notch or no notch again na raindrop camera b d new direction phone makers wan turn to now. Chai
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by beejayvince(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
Daum:
Very poor battery life for all LG fones

This is not entirely true.

I currently use the LG V30 and its battery life is great. I get about 6 hours SOT on medium to heavy usage. That is not a 'poor' battery life.
I agree that some of their devices actually have poor battery lives, but definitely not all. I used the LG G3 and LG G5 and they really had poor battery lives. Then, I used the LG V20. It had good battery life. I then got the LG G6 when my V20 was stolen. This one's battery was worse than the V20's but it was not 'very poor'.

Now, my V30, and battery life is great. I heard the G8, V40 and V50 also have great battery lives. And I have cause to believe the V series generally have better battery lives than the G series.

So, not all LG phones have poor battery lives.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. wink

2 Likes

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Ufedolove: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

����
I laugh, my belle scatter

Guy, why you wicked like this?

1 Like

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Ufedolove: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
beejayvince:

This is not entirely true.

I currently use the LG V30 and its battery life is great. I get about 6 hours SOT on medium to heavy usage. That is not a 'poor' battery life.
I agree that some of their devices actually have poor battery lives, but definitely not all. I used the LG G3 and LG G5 and they really had poor battery lives. Then, I used the LG V20. It had good battery life. I then got the LG G6 when my V20 was stolen. This one's battery was worse than the V20's but it was not 'very poor'.

Now, my V30, and battery life is great. I heard the G8, V40 and V50 also have great battery lives. And I have cause to believe the V series generally have better battery lives than the G series.

So, not all LG phones have poor battery lives.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. wink

Na name of phone be this wey I dey read like Volvo or BMW car model?

1 Like

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by beejayvince(m): 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ufedolove:

Na name of phone be this wey I dey read like Volvo or BMW car model?

grin
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by appmann: 1:14am On Apr 13, 2020
Good for you, friend. Wish the best!
Cheers from Appliance Service Fort Worth
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Thebwoy: 2:42am On Apr 13, 2020
I wonder when they start competing for the most ugly phone designs
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Olatoman(m): 4:51am On Apr 13, 2020
jikins:

Lol, he was being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by Ishilove: 5:36am On Apr 13, 2020
OLUWABIG:

What makes a great device?
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by bravesoul247(m): 6:05am On Apr 13, 2020
Tallesty1:
uncle, I said Camon 15 won't be the only great device that will be launched. What is the problem with 'MY' statement??
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by bravesoul247(m): 6:05am On Apr 13, 2020
OLUWABIG:

cos you've not used it.
Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by bravesoul247(m): 6:06am On Apr 13, 2020
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

English has never been this harder to comprehend

1 Like

Re: LG Velvet Is The First LG Smartphone To Flaunt The New 'raindrop' Camera Design by skywalker240(m): 6:26am On Apr 13, 2020
bravesoul247:
eeeh!

Who be dis?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Emerges Most Exceptional Phone Brand At Nigeria Technology Awards / Confirmed: Airtel Android 1+1 Data Promo Of 4GB Is Back, With Screenshot / Streaming Setting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.