Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. (1479 Views)

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal / What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by dempeople(m): 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ndigbo kwenu kwenu kwezuonu, iseeeeeeeeeee! Ndi be anyi ekele'm unu. Ambassador Uwechue - the current President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has been succeeding so far in unifying Ndigbo (through the Organization) for a better tomorrow in issues affecting Ndigbo. This is just about the best period to start an Igbo renaissance.
Umuigbo, how do we best initiate this movement? In what areas do you expect massive innovation and changes? In what area do you most cherish a change for? Is it the arts (e.g Revival and expansion of Igbo art etc), political organization and planning (e.g Better or advanced political strategies etc), language (e.g completion of Asusu Igbo), culture (e.g. an Igbo cultural revolution) etc? My people, share your ideas. We can only wax strong as a people if we hear each other's opinion(s).
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by davmor(m): 2:47pm On Jan 04, 2011
Iseee! Nwannem, Igbo ga adiooo! Iseee, na obi nkem, lets help our Igbo fellowers to obtain knowledge ma o bu nye aka duga anyi bu umu aka Igbo obodo oyibo maka ozuzu puru iche nke ga enye aka ikwalite obibi ndu umu Igbo, ndewo ka odikwa.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by AndreUweh(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2011
davmor:

Iseee! Nwannem, Igbo ga adiooo! Iseee, na obi nkem, lets help our Igbo fellowers to obtain knowledge ma o bu nye aka duga anyi bu umu aka Igbo obodo oyibo maka ozuzu puru iche nke ga enye aka ikwalite obibi ndu umu Igbo, ndewo ka odikwa.
Nwannem, oga diri gi mma. In case if you intend to come and study in The U.K, the socio-cultural organisation that caters for Igbo Youths in the U.K is: IGBO CULTURAL SUPPORT NETWORK (www.icsn.co.uk). The writer here is one of the pillars of the organisation.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by InkedNerd(f): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
@OP: I like this thread. I was able to read and understand what you wrote despite the fact that I don't have any formal training in Igbo.

@OP, davmor, and Andre Uweh: Do you know of any? youth organizations in New York? I know of some in the US but not specifically in New York undecided
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by AndreUweh(m): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2011
Promotion of Igbo language requires urgent attention. The president-general of Ohanaeze is very concerned in this department. During my visit to him last year at his Ogwashi Ukwu residence in Delta state, The first issue he raised was on how Igbo language isbeen promoted in The U.K.
As a consequence, we The Igbo Youths U.K responded by establishing an Igbo language lessons for interested Igbo people. w
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by AndreUweh(m): 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: I like this thread. I was able to read and understand what you wrote respite the fact that I don't have any formal training in Igbo.

@OP, davmor, and Andre Uweh: Do you know of any I youth organizations in New York. I know of some in the US but not specifically in New York undecided

No idea at the moment but will make an enquiry soon.
I call upon all Igbo organisations, stakeholders, forums etc in the diaspora to follow our footsteps in The U.K
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by davmor(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Nwannem, oga diri gi mma. In case if you intend to come and study in The U.K, the socio-cultural organisation that caters for Igbo Youths in the U.K is: IGBO CULTURAL SUPPORT NETWORK (www.icsn.co.uk). The writer here is one of the pillars of the organisation.
Uweh, obi bu m nani so uto maka nzaghachi i detere m gbasara the SUPPORT NETWORK, I want to tell you that I am glad n'ihi na obunadi so ndi nwetagoro enyem aka site na ngozobea, m onwem ga etinyesi obi m ike na ya. O burukwa na onwere ihe zoroezo ga enyere m aka i nweta enyem aka site na NETWORK a, m ga acho ka i gwam. Ka o si diri m kita, achoro kemgbe afo gara aga bu 2010 ka m ga esi wee ga ije igba boolu ma ala England ma obukwanu je gua akwukwo nke B.Art Football Studies na Southampton Solent University nke di na ime Obodo England, mana ewero m ego. Obi m n'ime afo 2011 a bu ka m ga esi ga obodo m ga agu Football na Mahadum.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by beneli(m): 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2011
I think that the challenges for Ndi Igbo in the Diaspora and the ones at home are slightly different. They may complement each other, but they are still fundamentally different.

'Diaspora' here includes those within Nigeria, but living outside of ala Igbo.

In the Diaspora one of the greatest challenges is that the next generation is losing - or have lost - the use of the Igbo language and have also become increasingly alienated from their Igbo heritage and culture . . . they find themselves, gradually slipping into the cracks between the culture of their new ‘homes’ and the home of their fathers. Many factors are responsible for this, including the nature of a lot of Ndi Igbo abroad to keep to themselves, while trying to build their lives; and also the penchant of some for acculturation i.e. the process of diluting one’s culture in order to fit in with the new environment in which they find themselves. The longer term effect of this effect is that the next generation, growing up abroad, loses its identity . . .or end up locked in the 'marginal man' syndrome. . .  

The things Andre and co are doing with the Igbo youth Cultural centre in London are very commendable. I know that with time they will gradually take it to the next level and would soon introduce well researched activities and programmes that target the minds of the children and the younger population. Perhaps they would soon also start producing books for children and that sort of thing. My wife currently gets books from America for our kids. The language thing is also very commendable. God willing, my wife and kids will soon enrol in the classes!   

Within the Nigerian context we don’t need any more ‘socio-cultural’ groups.

Our problem is our lack of political sophistication. Our nature of claiming to be ‘independent minded’, while eschewing the collectivist approach to crafting an Igbo destiny within the Nigerian union . . . because of a so-called ‘Igbo enweghi Eze’ philosophy . . . is not helping us at all. We fail and fall because we are divided as a people, politically. Our individualistic efforts and achievements become meaningless if Ndi Igbo as a group cannot become a political force to be reckoned with, within Nigeria. . .

So we need a re-working of our political strategies within the Nigeria context. ‘Igbo kwesiri i nwe Eze’.

The nature of that Ezeship. . . that leadership, if you will. . . could be an ‘acculturated’ version that comprises a council of those whom we see as having our best interest at heart. If the older generation have become too corrupted by the politics of the times, then the younger generation can jump start the revolution. They can float an Igbo Think Tank that comprises informed and politically aware ‘youths’ both in the Diaspora and at home, who will focus on the political destiny and strategies of Ndi Igbo within Nigeria. How this would work – its leadership, structure etc - needs to be thought through very carefully but it must have a political agenda. And I emphasise that it would be focused on strategies of becoming relevant ‘within Nigeria’ because one of the problems that have plagued Ndi Igbo has been the distraction some have had of nursing the option of once again breaking away from the union - which has resulted in our lack of diplomacy when associating with other nations within the union - when in reality a much greater destiny awaits us within Nigeria if we can get our acts right.

I believe the latter strongly . . .
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
beneli:

Within the Nigerian context we don’t need any more ‘socio-cultural’ groups.

Our problem is our lack of political sophistication. Our nature of claiming to be ‘independent minded’, while eschewing the collectivist approach to crafting an Igbo destiny within the Nigerian union . . . because of a so-called ‘Igbo enweghi Eze’ philosophy . . . is not helping us at all. We fail and fall because we are divided as a people, politically. Our individualistic efforts and achievements become meaningless if Ndi Igbo as a group cannot become a political force to be reckoned with, within Nigeria. . .

So we need a re-working of our political strategies within the Nigeria context. ‘Igbo kwesiri i nwe Eze’.

The nature of that Ezeship. . . that leadership, if you will. . . could be an ‘acculturated’ version that comprises a council of those whom we see as having our best interest at heart. If the older generation have become too corrupted by the politics of the times, then the younger generation can jump start the revolution. They can float an Igbo Think Tank that comprises informed and politically aware ‘youths’ both in the Diaspora and at home, who will focus on the political destiny and strategies of Ndi Igbo within Nigeria. How this would work – its leadership, structure etc - needs to be thought through very carefully but it must have a political agenda. And I emphasise that it would be focused on strategies of becoming relevant ‘within Nigeria’ because one of the problems that have plagued Ndi Igbo has been the distraction some have had of nursing the option of once again breaking away from the union - which has resulted in our lack of diplomacy when associating with other nations within the union - when in reality a much greater destiny awaits us within Nigeria if we can get our acts right.

I believe the latter strongly . . . 

This sort of thing cannot happen unless: 1) A group of people highjack the situation and create such a position for themselves; becoming self-proclaimed representatives (i.e. that 'eze igbo' nonsense that was going on some time ago in Yoruba territory) or 2) A process by which people who have actually made serious efforts for the better gradually have such positions thrust upon them; making up a legitimate representative council, and that one will take serious time.

My money is on #1. It seems most likely to occur, in my opinion.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
Dem_People, the first step in any renaissance is getting people who care enough, so much so that their caring can have impact on the masses of people who don't care at all. It's a "no talk; simply action" kind of thing. You can't plan a renaissance. You can only spark it and hope that you can get the masses of people who don't care at all, to finally begin caring enough to maintain such a spark and answer such a call, or at least, maintain its echo. So, unless you're willing to put time into discussing the planning out an entire civilization (because that's only where this discussion will take you), I suggest you just find people on the same page as you and begin doing and frequently share you doings with your target audience.

I see your zeal though, and I respect it, but I hope you understand that you have a lot of work ahead of you.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by AndreUweh(m): 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
davmor:

Uweh, obi bu m nani so uto maka nzaghachi i detere m gbasara the SUPPORT NETWORK, I want to tell you that I am glad n'ihi na obunadi so ndi nwetagoro enyem aka site na ngozobea, m onwem ga etinyesi obi m ike na ya. O burukwa na onwere ihe zoroezo ga enyere m aka i nweta enyem aka site na NETWORK a, m ga acho ka i gwam. Ka o si diri m kita, achoro kemgbe afo gara aga bu 2010 ka m ga esi wee ga ije igba boolu ma ala England ma obukwanu je gua akwukwo nke B.Art Football Studies na Southampton Solent University nke di na ime Obodo England, mana ewero m ego. Obi m n'ime afo 2011 a bu ka m ga esi ga obodo m ga agu Football na Mahadum.
Odorom anya na ina akwado igba boolu. Onye nwe anyi nonyere gi. In England, the laws of the land is not kind on beginers. You may have to try your luck in other European countries. To qualify for work permit, one has to play between 60-65 of your national team matches within two years. You national team must be within 60 in FIFA ranking scale. The only way out is that one has to come in as a special talent. For example Mikel Obi. Yakubu, Yobo, Osaze, Kanu, Nsofor and Olofinjana obtained work permits because they are established at the National team. While Etuhu, Anichebe, Sodje, Aluko etc are British residents. Am sure this arrangement counts you out. But do not be discouraged, it is not so in other European countries.
Also, being a student in England will not qualify you to take part in any professional activity e.g football. The Igbo cultural support Network which am one of the leaders chiefly caters for Ndigbo who are in the U.K. Nwannem, let your hopes not be lost. I discussed a similar thing with one young and upcoming footballer from my village sometime ago. He was playing for Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) FC of Umuahia then, but now he is in Turkey and doing well. Forget money, concentrate on your game, surely assistance will come from all angles to you.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by AndreUweh(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2011
@Beneli, thanks for your post. There is a lot to learn from that wonderful piece. Especially to target the Igbo kids in the U.K. At the moment, an arrangement has reached an advanced level with BEN TV on how to air some of our programmes.
Am so glad your wife and kids are making progress in learning Igbo.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by AndreUweh(m): 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2011
ChinenyeN:

This sort of thing cannot happen unless: 1) A group of people highjack the situation and create such a position for themselves; becoming self-proclaimed representatives (i.e. that 'eze igbo' nonsense that was going on some time ago in Yoruba territory) or 2) A process by which people who have actually made serious efforts for the better gradually have such positions thrust upon them; making up a legitimate representative council, and that one will take serious time.

That Ezeigbo issue has been concluded as no victor no vanquished. Sometimes you feel there is the need for one as Beneli pointed out in his post. I remember during the Jos crises some time ago, The Eze in Jos saved lives, provided shelter, food, healthcare and other facilities to Ndigbo in Jos. Do we do away with such men?.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by beneli(m): 8:49pm On Jan 04, 2011
ChinenyeN:

You're probably right. Obviously #1 is the most likely scenario that would unfold if the idea were to take root in the next year or two, given the present crop of power brokers in the land and how impoverished our youth have become, which makes them vulnerable to being bought over by the person with the deepest pockets. . .but then you never can tell what would happen to an idea whose time has come in a society where people are fed up with the status quo. . . 

Andre Uweh:

@Beneli, thanks for your post. There is a lot to learn from that wonderful piece. Especially to target the Igbo kids in the U.K. At the moment, an arrangement has reached an advanced level with BEN TV on how to air some of our programmes.
Am so glad your wife and kids are making progress in learning Igbo.

Learning Igbo is one of our priorities for the next year or two. They felt out of place not being able to communicate with some of the old people in the village when we went home recently!
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by davmor(m): 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Odorom anya na ina akwado igba boolu. Onye nwe anyi nonyere gi. In England, the laws of the land is not kind on beginers. You may have to try your luck in other European countries. To qualify for work permit, one has to play between 60-65 of your national team matches within two years. You national team must be within 60 in FIFA ranking scale. The only way out is that one has to come in as a special talent. For example Mikel Obi. Yakubu, Yobo, Osaze, Kanu, Nsofor and Olofinjana obtained work permits because they are established at the National team. While Etuhu, Anichebe, Sodje, Aluko etc are British residents. Am sure this arrangement counts you out. But do not be discouraged, it is not so in other European countries.
Also, being a student in England will not qualify you to take part in any professional activity e.g football. The Igbo cultural support Network which am one of the leaders chiefly caters for Ndigbo who are in the U.K. Nwannem, let your hopes not be lost. I discussed a similar thing with one young and upcoming footballer from my village sometime ago. He was playing for Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) FC of Umuahia then, but now he is in Turkey and doing well. Forget money, concentrate on your game, surely assistance will come from all angles to you.

Ekelere m gi nke ukwuu ezigbo nwanne m. Na eziokwu achoro m igba bolu mana amaro m ka m gesi nweta klub nke ga akwalite my talent na football. Klub ndi digasi ka Anambra United FC, Ebonyi Angels ma diri gawazia. I hazikwara klub ozo i mara di mma o ga adikwa m mma. Kedu ndumodu i na enye m nwanne m? Maka na kita, anam aru oru dika onye nka nke computa (graphic artist) nke m ji na akpata ego nri kemgbe m guchara Sekondiri Skul. M choro ka i gwam usoro m ga esi nwe ike gbasie bolu ike ka m wee ike sonyere National Team ma obu nke Europe obula ma obukwanu Turkey. Esonyere m ndi obodo anyi wee gbaa Vileji match nke 2010/2011. Ekele m gi. Ka mkpuru oma miere gi na ubi ala obi gi, site na aha Jisos, Amen.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by abadaba(m): 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2011
Prayer is the key and master key
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by aljharem11(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2011
@ op

good write up
Andre Uweh:

That Ezeigbo issue has been concluded as no victor no vanquished. Sometimes you feel there is the need for one as Beneli pointed out in his post. I remember during the Jos crises some time ago, The Eze in Jos saved lives, provided shelter, food, healthcare and other facilities to Ndigbo in Jos. Do we do away with such men?.

andre sorry to bother you

but do you know any igbo organisation in borno state,,,i need to join one fast

thank you smiley
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by dempeople(m): 1:09am On Jan 05, 2011
I've come to discover in this life that the language of a people forms their core identity. Without a language, the people concerned are as good as non-existent. I've gone through all posts so far and noted one or two posts which raised the issue of language. Sometimes or even most times, I sincerely feel that the so-called Igbo leaders we've had so far (Post-Civil War) have serious shortcomings compared to their counterparts before the war.
There shouldn't be an excuse on why a promising people such as Ndigbo, have had their cultural values eroded so much that many now feel its "sexier" to communicate in other languages other than Asusu Igbo - including some Ndigbo that grew up in Alaigbo. This is very absurd and utterly painful to bear. I feel a sense of urgency, a sense of revival, a sense of renaissance, a sense of renewal! Our ancestors must be looking down on us with utter disappointment and disdain because some (or even most) of us now prefer to communicate to each other in foreign languages. They would be spinning in their graves to discover that some of us even went as far as denying their identity for materialistic causes.

If anything, the impact of the civil war on our collective psyche should be enough to bind us together like glue and set the course of progress for our people. Ndigbo have persecution-similarities with the Israelis (Jews) but, look at where they're today. So, does it mean that it took the arrival of Mr. Uwechue in other to set the path for a renewed sense of Igboness? What has made us to sink this far? Sometimes I really don't know where to start elaborating. There's absolutely no need to delve on the past though I still think the past is the mother of the present and should always be referred to otherwise, we're not good students of history.

Hebrew was completely revived and redeveloped (a language which seized to exist some thousands of years ago) after the Jewish resettlement in Israel but in our own case, Asusu Igbo has been constantly dying since the end of the civil war. Imagine me looking for an Igbo word for "Renaissance" whereas by now, we should've completed the language and use it to revive and enhance many aspects of Igbo life. Thanks to the almighty for providing us with Uwechue, and Peter Obi - who has been very positively active as the leader of the South East govs as well as being the first significant person to invest in Igbo language and culture by establishing schools and signing the usage of the language into law. Without these two men, I seriously wonder whether any sense of hope could've arisen. Keep the ideas coming for divided we fall, united we stand.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by igboboy1(m): 5:47am On Jan 05, 2011
alj harem1:

@ op

good write up
andre sorry to bother you

but do you know any igbo organisation in borno state,,,i need to join one fast

thank you smiley

Nna bros e di kwa funny grin grin grin,

E na cho organization ndi igbo na Borno? nothing do u sha!!!
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:19am On Jan 05, 2011
dem_people:

Without a language, the people concerned are as good as non-existent.
Not necessarily so, though I get your point. By the way, your talking about Igbo dying reminds me of a saying I once heard. (Translated. . ) it was, "Those who cook okro soup are dead and gone. All we have now are just people who beat at empty plates". grin It's a serious saying though, when you put it into perspective.

Andre Uweh:

Of course such men can continue doing what they are doing, but that doesn't mean that they are allowed to misrepresent while doing so.

beneli:

You're probably right. Obviously #1 is the most likely scenario that would unfold if the idea were to take root in the next year or two, given the present crop of power brokers in the land and how impoverished our youth have become, which makes them vulnerable to being bought over by the person with the deepest pockets. . .but then you never can tell what would happen to an idea whose time has come in a society where people are fed up with the status quo. . . 
Well, dee, maybe it's just me, but it really doesn't seem as though people (more in particular, the 'homelanders' ; primary stakeholders) are fed up enough (unless there is something I don't know). In fact, the secondary stakeholders (the diasporans) seem more fed up than the 'homelanders' (again, that is, unless there is something I don't know), and I doubt diasporan capability to make much of a serious impact where it actually matters.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by dempeople(m): 3:12am On Jan 11, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Not necessarily so, though I get your point. By the way, your talking about Igbo dying reminds me of a saying I once heard. (Translated. . ) it was, "Those who cook okro soup are dead and gone. All we have now are just people who beat at empty plates". grin It's a serious saying though, when you put it into perspective.
Of course such men can continue doing what they are doing, but that doesn't mean that they are allowed to misrepresent while doing so.
Well, dee, maybe it's just me, but it really doesn't seem as though people (more in particular, the 'homelanders' ; primary stakeholders) are fed up enough (unless there is something I don't know). In fact, the secondary stakeholders (the diasporans) seem more fed up than the 'homelanders' (again, that is, unless there is something I don't know), and I doubt diasporan capability to make much of a serious impact where it actually matters.

grin. I respect your opinion though mine still stands.

Another area I would like to see remarkable improvement is in Intra- politics in Igboland. As Ndiigbo, boundaries shouldn't restrict our ability to vie for offices in other parts of Igboland apart from our own area/state of origin. E.g. I'll like to see other Ndigbo from other states contesting for electable offices in Anambra and vice versa. This would speed up the sense of unity. This is the kind of re-orientation expected from Ohanaeze/Igbo leaders.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by ChinenyeN(m): 4:46am On Jan 11, 2011
dem_people:

grin. I respect your opinion though mine still stands.
Thanks. No worries on your opinion/stance. I understand where you're coming from.

dem_people:

Another area I would like to see remarkable improvement is in Intra- politics in Igboland. As Ndiigbo, boundaries shouldn't restrict our ability to vie for offices in other parts of Igboland apart from our own area/state of origin. E.g. I'll like to see other Ndigbo from other states contesting for electable offices in Anambra and vice versa. This would speed up the sense of unity. This is the kind of re-orientation expected from Ohanaeze/Igbo leaders.
The question of Igbo politics is a tough one, and one that I don't believe anyone really has the answer(s) to. Anyway though, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what you're suggesting has already been tried, and look where we are now.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by dempeople(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
ChinenyeN:

The question of Igbo politics is a tough one, and one that I don't believe anyone really has the answer(s) to. Anyway though, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what you're suggesting has already been tried, and look where we are now.

Eventhough I believe it would go a long way in unifying Ndigbo to the levels seen before the war or even beyond, when do you think it was tried? Please shed more light on this.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by igboboy1(m): 7:28am On Jan 12, 2011
Biko make unu try dey write for igbo make i brush up my skills ah ah, Nna na Nne unu ha bu onye ocha? Biko na su asusu be' ayi, If mine was good i wouldn't resort to this engligbo am doing here. if you can speak it and write it then use it
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by AndreUweh(m): 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2011
igbo boy:

Biko make unu try dey write for igbo make i brush up my skills ah ah, Nna na Nne unu ha bu onye ocha? Biko na su asusu be' ayi, If mine was good i wouldn't resort to this engligbo am doing here. if you can speak it and write it then use it
Eziokwu ka i kwuru.
Mana onwere some people who do not know how to write in Igbo.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by asha80(m): 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Eziokwu ka i kwuru.
Mana onwere some people who do not know how to write in Igbo.

i daala ya cheesy
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2011
dem_people:

Eventhough I believe it would go a long way in unifying Ndigbo to the levels seen before the war or even beyond, when do you think it was tried? Please shed more light on this.
If I'm not mistaking, it was during the time of Igbo State Union, I believe that was the name. You might not want to quote me on that, though. Anyway, Quite honestly, I'm not sure how well such a thing would work out, now. In fact, I doubt that such a move, to mesh us all up together like that, will be welcomed. I certainly don't appreciate the idea of such, and besides, it's just not our nature.
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by ONAIgbo: 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2011
[size=16pt]Otu Nzọpụta Asụsụ Igbo [/size] (ONAIgbo)

Nke a Bụ Ọkwa Dị Ezigbo Nkpa, nke sitere n'aka ndị ONAIgbo.

Igbo bụ Igbo, ekelee m ụnụ.

Ọ bụ oke ihe nwute na anyị hapụrụ asụsụ anyị, o wee na achọ ila n’efu . Ọkwa mba dị iche iche na asụ asụsụ ha? Asụsụ ndị Bekee dịrị ha, nke ndị Japanụ dịrị ha. Ndị Chaina, ndị Fụrenchị, nakwa ndị Ndia na asụgbado asụsụ ha n’otu n’otu.

A bịa na obodo Naijiriya, asụsụ ndị Yoruba dịrị ha, nke ndị Awụsa dịrị ha. Ndi Ịjọ n’asụ be ha, ndị Tivi nakwa asụ be ha.

Igbo bụ Igbo bikonụ, a sịrị m ka m jụọ; gịnị mere asụsụ anyị? Kedụ ka anyị ga esi na aza ndị Igbo, mana anyị amaghị Igbo asụ? Igbo bụ Igbo, ọ bụrụ na anyị ejighị ehihie were chọọ ewu dị oji, ọbụ na chi jie ka anyị ga achọtanwu ya? Igbo na aba aha sị, AHAMEFỤLA! Ndị asụsụ ha furu efu, bụ ndị aha ha furu efu. Ọ bụrụ na asụsụ Igbo fue, ndị Igbo efuela!

Chineke ekwela ihe ọjọọ. Ọ ga ajọgbu udele na njọ, ma sigbukwa nkakwụ na isi, ma ọ bụrụ na anyị hapụ asụsụ anyị ka ọ nwụọ.

Ọ na bụ m hụcha, edemede ụfọdụ a na edezi ugbua na aha asụsụ Igbo, anya miri anachọzị ịgba m. Echekwara m na anyị bụ ndị nwere akọ na uche? Biko nụ, ka anyị were otu obi, were nebaokwua anya.

ONAIgbo (Otu Nzọpụta Asụsụ Igbo), bụ otu ndị ihe gbasara ya bụ ajọ ọnọdụ asụsụ anyị nọ ugbua na e metụ n'obi rinne.

Na mgbe na adịghị anya, anyị ga eme ka ụnụ mata atụmatụ nakwa ebu m n'obi anyi gbasara ihe anyị nile ga eme, ka asụsụ anyị were dikwa ndụ ọzọ.

Ndewo nụ!

ONAIgbo kwenu! Igbo bụ asụsụ ọma!
ONAIgbo kwenu! Asụsụ anyị ga adịrị anyị!.
Igbo kwezuenu! Ọ gadịrị Igbo nma.

Kwado ONAIgbo.
Kpọtụrụ anyị na:
Igwe nkparị ụka (Kpọọ anyị ma ọbụ zitere anyị edemede): 0810 483 5458 (ngwụ, asatọ, otu, ngwụ, anọ, asatọ, atọ, ise, anọ, ise, asatọ)
Detara anyị ozi na "onaigbo@yahoo.com".
Anyị nọkwa na Akwụkwọ Ihu (http://www.facebook.com/ONAIgbo)
Re: Renaissance Nke Ndigbo. by somegirl1: 11:03am On Dec 06, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Hi Andre, been looking for an org like that in the UK for ages!!
Any upcoming events this year? no info on the website.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Ooni Of Ife On His Way Back To Nigeria After His 3-weeks Stay In The US / Ownership Of Warri: Itsekiri Slam Ijaw Over Outburst / The Bro Code All Men In Naija Must Obey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.