Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Redmi Phones And Data Usage - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi Phones And Data Usage (6081 Views)

Redmi Phones Are Scam / 5 Ways To Maximize Your Mobile Data Usage / Share Your Data Usage For The Month Of August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi Phones And Data Usage by GreatDamife(m): 10:48am On Apr 13, 2020
I just got a redmi note 8 and it's shocking how it saps data like water. I've restricted necessary apps but it's still on the increase. Like I'm using an average of 1gb per day if not more despite a restricted use.

Is this peculiar to me alone?

Who's experienced this and can proffer a way out? I'm tired already and I'm thinking of selling it off.
Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Failure44: 10:57am On Apr 13, 2020
You should tell the rate at which your soap and cream finishes undecided

12 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by GreatDamife(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:
You should tell the rate at which your soap and cream finishes undecided
I need intelligent responses pls

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Failure44: 11:11am On Apr 13, 2020
GreatDamife:
I need intelligent responses pls
Lmao
Seems you lack a sense of humor, anyways

You claimed to have disabled background apps, no?
If so then nothing else is taking your data just stop watching videos or downloading whatever you download , oh and putting your device on 3G would help.

That's it.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by GreatDamife(m): 11:15am On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

Lmao
Seems you lack a sense of humor, anyways

You claimed to have disabled background apps, no?
If so then nothing else is taking your data just stop watching videos or downloading whatever you download , oh and putting your device on 3G would help.

That's it.
You should understand my mood bro. I've disabled background apps.. I'll have to switch from 3g to see any difference. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Failure44: 11:18am On Apr 13, 2020
GreatDamife:
You should understand my mood bro. I've disabled background apps.. I'll have to switch from 3g to see any difference. Thanks
Sure
Well you could also turn on data saver, should be somewhere within your phone settings.
Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Juell(m): 11:54am On Apr 13, 2020
I think it's a xiaomi thing, once got redmi note 5a the way it was drinking I returned it to the owner immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by gpercuxionz(m): 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
T

4 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by GreatDamife(m): 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
gpercuxionz:
This is one of the cons of xiaomi phones, until you use it, you will know the reality, I started off with the redmi 7,unto note 7,to redmi note 8,note 8t,then note 8 pro before I sold it to try another brand, now am using Samsung a71,. During the periods I was using the redmi phones I do finish glo 2000 for 9gb that is meant to last for a month,within 2 weeks without downloading and Streaming YouTube, just whatsapp, Facebook and surfing nairaland, that is all. But now with my Samsung a71 I hardly finish my 9gb... Always roll it over to the other month.... Try and practice this with another device, and you will understand what am saying..
I'm regretting too early. No One ever mentioned this. This is crappy
Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by alphaNomega: 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
I know someone who uses a Redmi note 8 Pro and does not complain about data consumption.

Do you guys even go through your phone settings thoroughly?
By the way, I'm impressed with the performance of the phone. Would not mind using it someday.

11 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by GreatDamife(m): 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
alphaNomega:
I know someone who uses a Redmi note 8 Pro and does not complain about data consumption.

By the way, I'm impressed with the performance of the phone. Would not mind using it someday.
Sure bro. It's funny how this device consumes data a lot after necessary settings.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Mekenz(m): 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
currently using redmi note8, I can state emphatically that, nothing like that is happening to the phone, after upgrading from porvouir 2. MTN 3gig data sometimes last me up to a month, depending on my usage...... Facebook and Instagram these days consumes data alot, unlike before. it's not a phone issue.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
GreatDamife:
I just got a redmi note 8 and it's shocking how it saps data like water. I've restricted necessary apps but it's still on the increase. Like I'm using an average of 1gb per day if not more despite a restricted use.

Who's experienced this and can proffer a way out? I'm tired already and I'm thinking of selling it off.
Hahahahaha Team Tecno and Infinix come and see this Big boy crying ooooo, hahahahaha make you no try sell that phone or? Just use Hammer hit the screen the thing wey dey chop your data anyhow go stop, seller ko buyer ni

1 Like

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by horlahwaley(m): 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
I am using rn8 nothing like that with my phone.

5 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by gpercuxionz(m): 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
GreatDamife:
I'm regretting too early. No One ever mentioned this. This is crappy

1 Like

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
alphaNomega:

I use a redmi note 8 pro and nothing like data sapping or consumption

3 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by genius43(m): 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
Almost 2 years using Redmi Note 5, no such thing as data consumption and I didn't restrict anything.

His are main data consuming apps
1. Instagram
2. WhatsApp Statuses
3. Facebook
4. Apps that have alot of ads. Get pro versions.
5. Avoid unnecessary streaming.

8 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Failure44: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
alphaNomega:

People fail to under a phone doesn't consume data, it's the software aka apps.

Something is probably auto updating.

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Mekenz(m): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
torpedo92:

I use a redmi note 8 pro and nothing like data sapping or consumption
the guy doesn't know what is sapping his data, definitely not the redmi bland as he presume...still enjoying my note8 though.

3 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by innobarca(m): 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
I have used Note 5 pro, mi max 2.

Currently using MI Max 3.

Nothing like zapping data, I even stream videos.

If not for Coronavirus that affected premier league, I stream live football and airtel takes 300mb to 400mb to stream full match, I always off the data after first half and put it on when the second half begins.

Now I use glo and the 4g is fast here, nothing like data zapping.

Phone do not zap data.... Apps and some settings does.

Moreover checking every photo on fb and Instagram, watching every short video.. auto updates, background apps and others do zap data

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by IamMichael(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
Oga show us your Data Usage...
I even wanted to open a thread to comment on how my data now lasts longer since I started using Redmi 8A...Was previously using Porviour 2 Pro.

7 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by joudini(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
I have not experienced excessive use of my data on my redmi phone that I did not eventually trace to apps or update services.

Since you say you have disabled all background data services and updater using data but it still persists, I challenge you to post your data usage screen on that xiaomi phone.

6 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by DieuDonee(m): 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
I noticed on a friend's xiaomi note 8 that the phones usually brings up ads by itself.

This probably has something to do with the data usage.
Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by DontBullshitMe: 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
Tecno/Infinix marketers are at it again.

5 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by FryMosquito: 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
GreatDamife:

Hope you ain't a Tecno or Infinix marketer that want to bad mouth Xiaomi brand.. Just hearing about this ur staged complain for the first time, cos I have flex Xiaomi phones from 2016 till date. If U are sincere go to settings and check data usage to know the exactly apps consuming ur data

6 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by akashi01(m): 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
GreatDamife:

Go to the security app, then data usage. Let's see what's eating your data.

Phone doesn't zap data, your apps do.

This claim is even retarded to even imagine

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
GreatDamife:

I can help.
Post screen shot of your usage details. Take mine below for example.
So me and anyone else here, can help. Otherwise, you are complaining but not in need of solution.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by niyiforeal(m): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
gpercuxionz:
they won't tell you... A guy I introduced redmi 7 to has also be complaining of the same thing, I was like guy no vex when he saw me with a71... Cz I can no longer defend it.. He wanna sell it now
tell him to msg me 09035334002 I want to buy asap

3 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by onyeokeze1: 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Who's experienced this and can proffer a way out? I'm tired already and I'm thinking of selling it off.[/quote]

Kindly contact me when you finally make up your mind to sell it off. I am interested.

4 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by BennyDGreat: 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
GreatDamife:

If you can, avoid viewing people's status on WhatsApp or reduce it. That stuff swallows a lot of data

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by Elbizzcklinz(m): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
GreatDamife:

I'm using note 8 pro. There are restrictions you have to set. Off some features.
Re: Redmi Phones And Data Usage by GreatDamife(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

I can help.
Post screen shot of your usage details. Take mine below for example.
So me and anyone else here, can help. Otherwise, you are complaining but not in need of solution.
Here's it bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huawei Ascend P6 Android4.2.2(jelly bean) ultra-slim Smart Phone released / Freedom V1.0.6 Apk : Unlimited In-app Purchases Hack On Android Is Here! [LATEST / Ecoo Aurora E04 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.