Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,220 members, 7,839,170 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. (48264 Views)

4 Notorious Armed Robbers In Igando Terrorising Residents In Lagos (Photo) / Vigilante Arrest Armed Bandits Terrorising Orlu In Imo State(photos) / 12 Notorious Kidnappers Terrorising East-West Road Arrested In Rivers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by gabbasin(m): 9:32am On Apr 14, 2020
Enquires:
At about 7:50pm shortly after Buhari announced the extension of the lockdown, I and my neighbours gather around a shop in front of the house to discuss the way forward, wail, and give opinions about what the president just said.

During the course of our discussion, the issue of boys terrorising lagos came up and as expected, they were reactions from everyone. Some are of the opinion that this is not as a result of hunger but just an excuse for these hoodlums to perpetrate their evil act. Jokes were flying around (our usual practice of suffering and smiling), people giving out safety tips and all, talks on how to get a cutlass for protection etc.

In the middle of this talk, a young lady came in to buy foodstuffs from the shop and overheard our discussion. She then decided to make her own contribution of how she just survived an alleged attack by some of these boys, how she scrambled for safety some few hours ago, how many were killed including a pregnant woman( at this juncture, i know all what she said were all lies). She went on and on and i could sense that fear were being created among the listener. I was angry, furious and I began to tell as many people around me not to entertain fear but be calm. Meanwhile, just as I'm talking, one of the women in the discussion claim she saw boys moving in, and this is where it all begins.

Come and see how people were running helter-skelter, some of the people that were initially boasting how fearless they are, ran like children to take cover. Panics began to set in and just like a wild fire, i witness how it spread throughout the whole street. Shops that were open, close in a twinkle of an eye without seeing the enemy in sight. In the midst of this, I was still angry. Angry, because, it was clear to me this is just another false alarm. The next thing i know, the youths gather in their numbers with cutlasses, knives, sticks chanting as one going to battle. Tyres were burnt in every junction accompany with shouts. Different weapons were brought out from boys ranging from age 12. And the peaceful atmosphere in no time, turned to a violent one. I witness first hand how people can be mistaken for robbers and be burnt alive cause, every okada rider that came into the street was virtually mobbed, innocent residents were accosted, and if not provided useful evidence was asked to sit on the floor.

I switched on my data and the next message i got were from friends, telling me how Igando is on fire, How they have being coordinated attacks within igando, how robbers have invaded Igando and killed many. I was stunned upon seeing this. Logged on to twitter and it's already trending and I'm like, is it this same Igando or another one? Is it the fire we started by ourselves? or is it not the boys that came out with their weapons to attack an unseen army?

My point is, we should stop creating unnecessary fear among ourselves. Let's stop spreading fake news, it help no one. If i should upload the "deadly" pictures and videos i took, its as if we are in a war front, imagine i post it on twitter or facebook, People who are far away would think these are the criminals not knowing they are just residents trying to protect themselves. It later dawned on me that majority of the videos circulating online were that of the residents not the hoodlums. And for the arrest that were made, assuming the policemen visited this street, almost everyone would be arrested as they were all with one deadly weapon or the other. At around 3am, I was woken up with what sounded like gun shots but unknown to me it was the young boys that visibly got angry that were banging gates of every house shouting that everybody should come out, that nobody deserve sleep since they too are not sleeping.

I'm not saying these cultist don't exist or do not attack communities. What I'm saying is, we should stop the spread of fake news, let's report it the way it is.

I appreciate every one who came out yesterday to keep watch till this morning in a bid to try to protect their communities. You guys are the best! God keep us all!!
all this things about hoodlums, armed robbers, awawa boys, one million boys attacks in Lagos and Ogunn are fake news causing panic and confusion. People for their own fancy are creating robbery scene in their mind and downloading it to others. Most if not all the robbery news on social media are fake just to fuel unnecessary panic. On the early hours of Saturday 11th April at exactly 12:38 pm, a friend of mine living in the same area with me n one of the border towns between Ogun and Lagos sent me an SMS that armed robbers are on his street. On receiving the sms, I couldn't sleep again thinking my street could be next target of the marauders.Not quite long I heard shoutings on my street calling everybody to come out for vigilante that armed robbers are in the neighborhood. On coming out I starting telling everyone that the robbers are at my friend's area and that he had sent me a distressed sms, no one could say where the robbers are but we started making bonfires as fear and panic spread through the community. As day break I put a call thru to the friend in distress but what he told me was surprising, saying he only heard noise on his street and without him taking his time to find out what's going on, he concluded armed robbers are on his street and send me the text not knowing it is residents calling out others to come out for vigilante to ward off imaginary hoodlums. And me too relied on his sms to spread the news in my hood that the robbers are in my friend's area making me too unknowingly spreading fake news triggering false alarms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by luvyaself95(m): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2020
Be speaking grammar there you hear, you think say na small thing to come think of it they speak of it on radio.
For my side in ejigbo yesterday from 8pm till this morning if not we are ready for them they for cause big trouble here.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:37am On Apr 14, 2020
Woe into men indeed. Woman number 1 tried to convince the group but it failed. Woman number 2 successfully did by concocting a plan and it succeeded and a whole town scattered. angry
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Adewale1603(m): 9:38am On Apr 14, 2020
stubbornman:
I couldn't sleep last night because these Useless hoodlums came to my street..... Nah everyday I go dey sharpen this machete wey I buy until the breeze fit cut person from afar..

Killing a few bastard this period won't be bad for my CV... If you see how small some of these boys are ehnn angry if I catch one nah to troway am for the swamp wey dey my backyard angry

We can't continue to live in fear.... Brothers protect yourself, don't always sleep deep and strike any moving shadow across your window.

Above all may God protect us!!!
you are so funny
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by MrCuteking(m): 9:46am On Apr 14, 2020
Even before all this lockdown started, Igando has always been a place of robbery because it is close to LASU. Cultist and robbers always disturb that area a lot. I once stayed in that area so I had to park out.

There was even a time this robbery patrol were shared between Igando and Ikotun area, where they dropped letters and all that.

Please don't say fake news, cause this would make some people relax and not come out. Not until robbers slap you, you will believe this story.

I had been robbed once, when one of the robbers placed a riffle in my ear, I thought it was my end. I could hear the quiet sound in my ear like a siren. I felt like I was already dead, at that point the riffle made me think, what if he was drunk, what if he just decided to pull the trigger, what if someone just walked in and the gun just shoot itself.

The armed robbers were putting on skirts, muscular and talking like female.

Men! no let robbers visit you O. Prepare for them, whether you see them or not.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by jansonn(m): 9:47am On Apr 14, 2020
Wow, these comments ain't funny oo, well, Kaduna state is relatively save. Kaduna south sha, i dont know of other parts
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by proxillin(m): 9:48am On Apr 14, 2020
these people are paid to post rubbish. even commissioner of police was saying there was no robbery, it was scare moungering...

Omo yesterday night no easy ooo...we engaged those guys close to Berger. Police later came to back us up.

There commissioner was busy saying trash, yet his boys are sweating on the field.

what do these people stand to gain?

this poster is a big fool.

I can't imagine myself becoming a night hunter with matchete and dagger.

what da fuge?

The secret is: No let them meet you for house...if u alone in your house, you vulnerable...go meet them for street...distract them...dem dey run when they meet their match

Stop reading online post like this..get a cutlass and join your street guys..they need you...head count matters

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by solinho(m): 9:50am On Apr 14, 2020
Collinsade369:
Let us be careful when we say a news is FAKE NEWS..!
Do you know how big igondo is

Because they didn't get to your street, that one no mean say them no reach other streets for igondo.

You all better get prepared...!
Don't wait for them to get to your street before you buy cutlass..!

Below is a screenshot of the chat I had with my friend staying at igondo this morning..!
Pls is it the igando at Ibeju-Lekki after Onosa?
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by lawrenzoo: 9:51am On Apr 14, 2020
So some robbers are these educated? I never knew, Because if you are not one of them, you will not be talking these trash and I think I understand what you are doing, you are trying to make people relent from keeping watch. I stay in Igando and these boys were here live. We need to keep asking God for protection and be vigilant.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by princemillla(m): 9:52am On Apr 14, 2020
Shibaraba:
Them no come your area because they knew you guys were prepared. We dey face them fire for fire since last night. I won't upload jack shit. Just ten minutes ago we started seeing flyers that they are coming again this afternoon. 12pm. Make them come. My cutlass is still thirsty. Be speaking English there. When they eventually catch you unawares na that time you go dey mention buhari upandan. Them Don leave us. Police wey come carry the bodies of the lost spanners even tell us well done. Who you come be. Be speaking English ooooo

WA sere omo iya mi

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by lawrenzoo: 9:52am On Apr 14, 2020
solinho:
Pls is it the igando at Ibeju-Lekki after Onosa?

Igando Alimosho, towards Iyana Oba

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Reference(m): 10:07am On Apr 14, 2020
Nigerians will not sleep because they put their leaders to sleep. Nigerians will continue under pressure because they don't put their leaders under pressure. Nigerians will continue in poverty because they donot questions the resources they permit their leaders to have.

If the people of these areas continue to tolerate this sub-human existence and do nothing then what do they expect others, outsiders to do.

If you live there and pay tax and the goverment uses your taxes to hire policemen to guard themselves then you live under a monarchy..... sorry.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 14, 2020
proxillin:
these people are paid to post rubbish. even commissioner of police was saying there was no robbery, it was scare moungering...

Omo yesterday night no easy ooo...we engaged those guys close to Berger. Police later came to back us up.

There commissioner was busy saying trash, yet his boys are sweating on the field.

what do these people stand to gain?

this poster is a big fool.

I can't imagine myself becoming a night hunter with matchete and dagger.

what da fuge?

The secret is: No let them meet you for house...if u alone in your house, you vulnerable...go meet them for street...distract them...dem dey run when they meet their match

Stop reading online post like this..get a cutlass and join your street guys..they need you...head count matters

What you wrote up there about engaging some boys close to berger.are you talking about ojodu?.if it ojodu then stop lying
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 14, 2020
I wanted to say, "lagos is a shithole", but I won't say it.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by hephedollarpoh(f): 10:12am On Apr 14, 2020
Till now, I have not been able to sleep. I am scared ehn. fake news or not, let's be vigilant
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by apparentlylaw(m): 10:12am On Apr 14, 2020
One of them caught last night...The rest japa

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by proxillin(m): 10:14am On Apr 14, 2020
teddyseun:

What you wrote up there about engaging some boys close to berger.are you talking about ojodu?.if it ojodu then stop lying

shhhhhhhhhhhhh. Face front
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by emerged01(m): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2020
Enquires:
At about 7:50pm shortly after Buhari announced the extension of the lockdown, I and my neighbours gather around a shop in front of the house to discuss the way forward, wail, and give opinions about what the president just said.

During the course of our discussion, the issue of boys terrorising lagos came up and as expected, they were reactions from everyone. Some are of the opinion that this is not as a result of hunger but just an excuse for these hoodlums to perpetrate their evil act. Jokes were flying around (our usual practice of suffering and smiling), people giving out safety tips and all, talks on how to get a cutlass for protection etc.

In the middle of this talk, a young lady came in to buy foodstuffs from the shop and overheard our discussion. She then decided to make her own contribution of how she just survived an alleged attack by some of these boys, how she scrambled for safety some few hours ago, how many were killed including a pregnant woman( at this juncture, i know all what she said were all lies). She went on and on and i could sense that fear were being created among the listener. I was angry, furious and I began to tell as many people around me not to entertain fear but be calm. Meanwhile, just as I'm talking, one of the women in the discussion claim she saw boys moving in, and this is where it all begins.

Come and see how people were running helter-skelter, some of the people that were initially boasting how fearless they are, ran like children to take cover. Panics began to set in and just like a wild fire, i witness how it spread throughout the whole street. Shops that were open, close in a twinkle of an eye without seeing the enemy in sight. In the midst of this, I was still angry. Angry, because, it was clear to me this is just another false alarm. The next thing i know, the youths gather in their numbers with cutlasses, knives, sticks chanting as one going to battle. Tyres were burnt in every junction accompany with shouts. Different weapons were brought out from boys ranging from age 12. And the peaceful atmosphere in no time, turned to a violent one. I witness first hand how people can be mistaken for robbers and be burnt alive cause, every okada rider that came into the street was virtually mobbed, innocent residents were accosted, and if not provided useful evidence was asked to sit on the floor.

I switched on my data and the next message i got were from friends, telling me how Igando is on fire, How they have being coordinated attacks within igando, how robbers have invaded Igando and killed many. I was stunned upon seeing this. Logged on to twitter and it's already trending and I'm like, is it this same Igando or another one? Is it the fire we started by ourselves? or is it not the boys that came out with their weapons to attack an unseen army?

My point is, we should stop creating unnecessary fear among ourselves. Let's stop spreading fake news, it help no one. If i should upload the "deadly" pictures and videos i took, its as if we are in a war front, imagine i post it on twitter or facebook, People who are far away would think these are the criminals not knowing they are just residents trying to protect themselves. It later dawned on me that majority of the videos circulating online were that of the residents not the hoodlums. And for the arrest that were made, assuming the policemen visited this street, almost everyone would be arrested as they were all with one deadly weapon or the other. At around 3am, I was woken up with what sounded like gun shots but unknown to me it was the young boys that visibly got angry that were banging gates of every house shouting that everybody should come out, that nobody deserve sleep since they too are not sleeping.

I'm not saying these cultist don't exist or do not attack communities. What I'm saying is, we should stop the spread of fake news, let's report it the way it is.

I appreciate every one who came out yesterday to keep watch till this morning in a bid to try to protect their communities. You guys are the best! God keep us all!!
Op,I understand but those boys actually moved in numbers https://www.instagram.com/p/B-7cRyRAcsD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Aturitoroman: 10:17am On Apr 14, 2020
The op is a liar...

I REST MY CASE angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:18am On Apr 14, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

They will come to your area soon.. No worry.. I won't say more

Let them come first na... Your area that youre claiming they came, no image of any house burgled or anyone killed by these hoodlums
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:19am On Apr 14, 2020
apparentlylaw:
One of them caught last night...The rest japa

Can you kindly confirm the questions they asked him and if he confessed to being a member of the gang of robbers ?

Id really appreciate a sincere response to clear my doubts
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by eephydanielah: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2020
Hoodbilonia:
Hahahahahaha
Sheybi na lag u wan stay
Her hahahahaha
Enjoy you lag.
Home to robbery,thugs,ritualists,name it.

So where you are now, tomorrow sure for u abi? You better sieve your words well before commenting.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Generalnomercy: 10:33am On Apr 14, 2020
Enquires:

Is your intent of writing this epistle to discourage government from sending soldiers to Igando?

Perhaps you know something about the people that robbed Ayobo blue and black.

If you truly live in Igando, you're not supposed to call that false alarm. The people are simply being vigilant because Igando is only 2 poles away from Ayobo Where the most terrible robbery took place 2 days ago.

Perhaps also you don't know much, please encourage your side to keep watching....because the revolution have started.

Shalom...
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by apparentlylaw(m): 10:36am On Apr 14, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

Can you kindly confirm the questions they asked him and if he confessed to being a member of the gang of robbers ?

Id really appreciate a sincere response to clear my doubts

Yeah
Location - Ijegun to be precise

But he refused to reveal the identity of other members
Street boys wanted to kill him before the early intervention reasonable people in the street

The phones and other stuffs found on him were taken from people in other streets away from mine ...
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by ubev01(m): 10:40am On Apr 14, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
We no sleep last night o.. We even had a semi street meeting around 2am as boys just dey waka street anyhow. The resolve was since we no dey go anywhere during the day make we kukuma sleep at noon.. everybody should stay awake at night. Dem dey come In hundreds, people we dey outside reach 200 u
Yesterday .. we need more population to contain them.
see how u are leaking SENSITIVE INFORMATION on a faceless forum.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by jwax: 10:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Those areas should take cue from people in Ajegunle.

I remember in 2012, this same one million boys unleashed terror all over Ajegunle (Ajeromi Ifelodun Local Government Area in Lagos).

My house specifically was attacked and my dad was stabbed seriously, he passed out and was in a pool of blood before we rushed him to hospital when the guys had gone.

We later discovered that, that particular sect of one million boys that attacked my compound was lead by a neighbor in the compound beside us, his friend was arrested and taken to sars office in Ikeja where his two legs were shot and he was down with stroke in prison.

Away from that, one million boys terrorized us in Ajegunle. These guys would group in mass and come in their large Numbers which overwhelms even opc and street boys. They would give notice that we should prepare for them and truly they will come and you see them raping girls and wives.

In a particular street some girls were raped by several of these beasts. It was terrible and we were helpless until youths resulted into brutal killing of any of these boys caught.

It was fire for fire. Many of those guys were caught and burnt alive. The rage from residents was too much and even one of my seniors then in secondary school who was a hardened criminal was caught, killed and his friends burnt alive.

One million boys were dying in their numbers until they ran away from Ajegunle.

8years later I am surprised to hear news again that this same one million boys are still existing. I never knew they have large cells scattered across Lagos and Ogun state.

I wish everyone in the areas affected safety but I must caution you people that one million boys are deadly and shouldn't be handled with kids glove. If you don't give them the most brutal defeat they will never go away.

The sect that terrorized Ajegunle 8years ago saw hell when youths came out for them, going to their meeting points to attack and kill them. Until you take the fight to their meeting boy and stop them from mobilizing themselves they will never stop.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by PinkStarsFallIn: 10:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Makavelli25:
Forget o bro
Robbers droped a letter that they are coming to my street yesterday
We were all outside waiting for them,burning tyres and chanting war song and all
But this guys came
They came through an alternate road and robbed 9 houses under our own nose
Am still in schock

*****modified*****
I know there are some of this bad guys on nl
Dont worry o,your day of reckoning is near
One of ur mischievious neighbours who pasted dat letter is having a good laugh at u guys been prepared for nothing.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by mabea: 10:46am On Apr 14, 2020
I'm not surprise at what is happening now in Lagos. What do you expect when you stop their source of livelihood. As long as there are no vehicles at the bus stop or garages for the owomida guys then be ready to contain them in another trade.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by RexTramadol1: 10:57am On Apr 14, 2020
OP doesn't know what he's talking about

Or he's one of the 1million Geng trying to make case for his colleagues

Those guys dey red

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Belurved1(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2020
I don't know what you're trying to derive from these questions of yours. May be you wanted to know how many people came out in my street or Are you one of them? We have no where to run to and staying inside won't help as well. Anyway if you're free tonight, you can come and witness self defence night parade in my street. Just bring tyres along we have lighter here.
HazzanTazzan:

They came to your street in their numbers to do what exactly?

How did you chase them if they were really robbers thay came to attack you?

How many of you were bold enuf to face them in their hundreds and with what weapons, that they feared you and ran away?

I still insist that these boys are ganging up and moving around too hoping to fight the attackers they were told abt ...

You can prove me wrong if they actually said or did something that proved they wanted to rob or attack houses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

39 Suspected Yahoo Boys Arrested In Hideouts In Osun And Ogun (Photo) / Former Oceanic Bank Staff Sentenced To 195 Years In Jail For N21m Fraud (photo) / Ayoola Adisa Ajayi Kidnaps, Murders And Burns A Lady In The U.S (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.