Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered (100873 Views)

The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) / Girl With Weird Tongue Causes A Stir Online / 10 Kinds Of Weird People You Will Always Come Across (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by Notyamate(f): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ok let me go first.

There was this girl in my class during my predegree days. Anytime she's watching a movie she always mute the sound even when she's watching movies without subtitles. I asked her how she understands what the movie is about and she said she understands by their gesture/body language.

There was this other girl in my hostel with asthma. It's like she's got a death wish or something. The girl is always looking for what will trigger her. Na she go wan sweep the dusty surroundings, na she go wan fry plantain with red oil. One day she had an attack and we searched her bag for her inhaler, it was empty. Come see how we were running helter-skelter to get inhaler for her at 11pm. Thank God one guy got a spare she for die that night.

Over to you.

288 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
Had an encounter with this pretty blind girl at Enerhen junction... The way she goes about helping her mom who's selling food by the roadside, you would think she's a general overseer...

I watched her from a distance and noticed something about her and it got my attention, she refused anyone who wants to help her out with what she was doing... From picking the plates to gathering the vegetables her mother use...

So, I decided to try her, I got to her mother's stand and ordered for a plate of starch and Banga soup, while the mother was at it, my full attention was on this young lady and this time she was busy transferring hot soup from a big pot to the thermacool cooler, I was shocked how she did that without any drop of soup touching the floor...

Then she did what surprised me and some people, her mom gave me the food I ordered and she walk to her mom with the aid of her stick and told her that she should reduce my portion because I was was not hungry and I only came there to verify if she was truly blind and she said all these with a smile on her face... Everyone burst into laughter at the busy Enerhen junction, I smiled, but I was shocked how she got that perfectly.

956 Likes 73 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by drips8(m): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
I know a guy who I think may suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder although he vehemently denies.

He has a habit of looking at the time almost everytime and at a particular time, he mutters some words to himself. He repeats words a lot and he has a weird counting habit from counting the numbers of letters or words in a book to counting the number of cars passing by when seated. He has an arrangement for his clothes and things and he'll never touch his phone unless it's fully charged and even ignoring calls from his parents while his phone charges.

I asked him if he could stop and he tells me that he thinks something bad if he does will happen so it's doesn't hurt to continue his obsessive rituals.

238 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by EzzyCarter: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2020
I had a friend back in the days, anytime he was angry, his pupils would turn green. Till date, I find no scientific explanation for this phenomenon . Twas really weird shii. Ppl used to avoid him like he was a werewolf cheesy

203 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by LarryBee1k: 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2020
Notyamate:
Ok let me go first.

There was this girl in my class during my predegree days. Anytime she's watching a movie she always mute the sound even when she's watching movies without subtitles. I asked her how she understands what the movie is about and she said she understands by their gesture/body language.

There was this other girl in my hostel with asthma. It's like she's got a death wish or something. The girl is always looking for what will trigger her. Na she go wan sweep the dusty surroundings, na she go wan fry plantain with red oil. One day she had an attack and we searched her bag for her inhaler, it was empty. Come see how we were running helter-skelter to get inhaler for her at 11pm. Thank God one guy got a spare she for die that night.

Over to you.

I've a friend, no matter how long a movie is, HE WILL WATCH IT IN 10MIN.

508 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by SavageBoy: 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
Erediauwa:
Had an encounter with this pretty blind girl at Enerhen junction... The way she goes about helping her mom who's selling food by the roadside, you would think she's a general overseer...

I watched her from a distance and noticed something about her and it got my attention, she refused anyone who wants to help her out with what she was doing... From picking the plates to gathering the vegetables her mother use...

So, I decided to try her, I got to her mother's stand and ordered for a plate of starch and Banga soup, while the mother was at it, my full attention was on this young lady and this time she was busy transferring hot soup from a big pot to the thermacool cooler, I was shocked how she did that without any drop of soup touching the floor...

Then she did what surprised me and some people, her mom gave me the food I ordered and she walk to her mom with the aid of her stick and told her that she should reduce my portion because I was was not hungry and I only came there to verify if she was truly blind and she said all these with a smile on her face... Everyone burst into laughter at the busy Enerhen junction, I smiled, but I was shocked how she got that perfectly.

Wow shocked

35 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by izzou(m): 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
Notyamate:
Ok let me go first.

Over to you.

When I was younger too, I did this.

I didn't know what I was trying to achieve, but I can remember I always mute the sound of movies and I'll watch it. I was always focused on their mouth ...

It was weird, but I did that shiit

125 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Erediauwa:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by missimelda01(f): 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
I have a friend whose phone is always on silence, we were roommate at a time and I found it really weird and annoying because she never picks my call once.. what if there was an emergency!! her stare is also scary... My friends tell me that alot.

156 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
LarryBee1k:

I understand bro....grin

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by mamaafrik(m): 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
Erediauwa:

tell me,did you now eat the food

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by mamaafrik(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
I had a guy in school then,he was sooo rough, he is not book neither did he know anything,he will only start reading for exam,whether calculation or reading one a day to exam,but he can grasp so fast and unbelievingly accurate and will pass more than una wey done dey read from the beginning of the semester.
He was the among the last 7 in academics things in class but is amongst the top 5 out of a class of 57 or so.

252 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by Franzese: 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
So I went out on a date with a very fine chic and when we settled to eat and stuff she talked about her her mum who down at the hospital due to some psychological/mental issues. I just ignored.

After about 25 minutes or so she starts to talk to herself intermittently and I was really puzzled. Up to the extent the ladies on a nearby table started looking at her. It made me think some of these mental issues might be hereditary.

I had to cut off the friendship. Painful tho,

214 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by illicit(m): 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2020
I knew a blind man, he works as a teacher in a school for disabled. He kept a fenced garden, he planted vegetable and he always knew how to pluck the vegetable without plucking weed. he also weeds the garden, he lives alone, cooks and does domestic chores, he goes to the market, he uses a stick atimes tho, sometimes he travels through public transport. he also describes people....

U may think he wasn't blind, he is, sometimes I wonder too but one day I confirmed that he was truly blind....

270 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by zexy2030(m): 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
a visually impaired man teaching his children lessons

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by EzzyCarter: 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
Erediauwa:

When one sense gets impaired especially the sense of sight, the other senses become sharper. It's the body's natural way of ensuring survival. Visually impaired ppl usually have a stronger sense of smell, sharper ears and their sixth sense is sharper too that's how the girl was able to sense what you had on ur mind smiley

267 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=EzzyCarter post=88448576][/quote] I thought as much.

Thanks for this info.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 15, 2020
i have a friend that will never read until a day before the exam. ( no exaggeration) dude can cram 20 - 25 pages perfectly within an hour.
first semester result came out and he had 3.98 out of 4.00 topping the class. I think he wasn't given 4.00 because of his staggering attendance. he also screams at unusual intervals.

I also have a friend back then who gets extremely aroused by seeing animals mounting each other. but he is over it now.

157 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by ArticleBeast: 11:27am On Apr 15, 2020
LarryBee1k:

I am a replica of that your friend. I watch a full season movie in 45 mins

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by Stevyne: 11:33am On Apr 15, 2020
LarryBee1k:

That's me o

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by u11ae1013: 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
My neighbor who always drinks his baby's urine

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by Harllaby: 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
I had some crazy experiences with my roommates during University days.
1. Their food is always undone, no matter the food be it beans, rice yam.
2. Some are like camel, they drink a sachet of water once in three days.
3. Their privk only get stronger when they are loaded with cash; meaning no money no hard privk.
4. They can finish #250 Agree bread with 30naira beans.
5. Some can stay with you for month and your only discussion will be "Awfa"

272 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
I've met many weird people but this one happened while I was in primary school.
Used to walk with my friends home from school and there was this particular street we usually pass at times, on that street I noticed there was this particular building where a guy stares at me while I walk by, he knew our closing hour and he was always outside waiting for me to pass by. Whenever I meet his gaze he smiles in a way that made me uncomfortable as a child..He stares till I disappear out of sight, it was creepy..told my friends to let's pass another street which they obliged to,so I didn't pass the street for some time ,till one day....someone called his attention to me that his "friend" was passing and the guy looked elated and asked me why I stopped passing his street, then he told me to come upstairs with him, that was all I needed to hear. I ran away as fast as my tiny legs could carry me

221 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by 6lam(m): 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
I had a roommate that was addicted to lying. He once told us his dad finished with a first class in medicine

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by orunmila144: 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by ursullalinda(f): 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
Met a lady that chews foam......licks detergent....
It was weird and scary because she doesn't fall sick.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by CalabarPikin: 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
A girl I've bn trying to ask out....she wanted forming too hard...just had to let go...but she later turn in...hmm

Weird thing now is that..if I miss a day without calling her....she'll call me d next day and start sounding like,....since u feel too big to call waste ur airtime on me I just have to call to see if ur alive...she will end d call after saying such rubbish
Or
She'll chat me up and be like
She: Hi
Me: good evening... How r u..??
She: u think won't be fine...?? Sorry to disappoint u, I'm fine thank u...
Me: hmm

I'm just ignoring her cuz she hv not paid for d data I've bn subscribing for her

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by Tunex252(m): 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
Lemme wait for others to say theirs before I say anything

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by daddytime(m): 9:50am On Apr 18, 2020
Op and this thread are my weird encounters.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by ecolime(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2020
Mine is with the moniker called aka Dead meat seller. How anyone could dedicate his life to tomfoolery is still a misery. embarassed

282 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2020
Beh

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria / Transparent Glass Public Toilet That Becomes Opaque When Occupied In Tokyo(Pics) / Nairaland News & Gossips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.