Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,203 members, 7,839,099 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

6 Steps To Make Your Day Productive During This Stay At Home - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Steps To Make Your Day Productive During This Stay At Home (210 Views)

6 Things You Can Do To Ensure Your Day Is Productive / How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts / 4 Easy Ways To Become More Productive & Attract Favour In Your Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Steps To Make Your Day Productive During This Stay At Home by jodababa(m): 10:28am On Apr 15, 2020
It's been 2weeks + since we've started our impromptu holiday and you need to remember that Offices are closed down, shops are locked up,the road is deserted and many now works from home.

It's no longer a news that many companies will lay off as many as possible staff after this pandemic.

Many are still using their days wisely,guess what? Many have not recorded any single thing they've achieved during this lockdown.

The fact is that many has acquired a lot of thing why many will not acquire anything except watching movies, playing games ,social media and so on.

Question ravaging the head of many of us includes, How do I make my day productive?
This article will give you some tips to make your days more productive than before

To the main
(1)Set your goal
Set goals for the things you'll like to achieve each day.
When writing out your goals ,it's important you make them as short as possible.
The best is always 3-5goals per day.
Anything more than that will make anxiety grip in .

(2)Draft a timetable for yourself
It's sounds so funny right? It should because it's awkward to many but that's just the fact.
✓Design a timetable of your activities for the day.
✓Make it simple and easy to follow.
✓Split it by morning, afternoon and evening.
✓Set out time and duration for each activity

Note
•√Make your goals as short as possible..I'll advise you make it maximum of 4 per day
√Avoid distractions because they'll definitely come.

(3)Set an alarm for each activity

Let's take for instance you have four activities for the day,e.g work, reading, learning piano and playing games .
If each of them will last for 2hrs each, and you're starting by 8am. Set your reminder for 8am,10am,12pm and 2pm.
The essence of this is that it awaken your consciousness.

(4)Don't start your day with your phone
I've observed that each time I woke up with my phone on my hand,I achieve less.

This point is very important and should be taken serious except your productivity lies on your phone.

The major source of distraction in this 20th century is our smartphones.
Notifications from mails, social media, sms and even phone calls distract us alot.
According to research by Éilish Duke (2017) entitled "Phone addiction" ,he concluded that "smartphone addiction reduces productivity both at home and at work"

I'll advice you silent all your notifications or if possible,put your phone on an airplane mode.

(5)Take time to rest
According to the normal saying, all works without play makes jack a dull boy.
Make sure you fix in some time to relax yourself .Take a rest,a little nap, gist with family or anything that will make you a bit relaxed.

(6) Access yourself
When I was in secondary school,there was this statement written on our class wall ,it reads "What have I achieved today?"
This statement shapen me a lot.
Make sure you think of this statement each day before you retire to your bed.
Flashback and think of what you've done for the day.
Access yourself wether you've added value in one way or the other to yourself.

In conclusion,try to repeat these steps everyday and you'll get use to them
Re: 6 Steps To Make Your Day Productive During This Stay At Home by jodababa(m): 10:36am On Apr 15, 2020
Cc
Lalasticlala
CrazyMan
1forall
Please move to fp as this will be useful to many

(1) (Reply)

You Love Your Your Job But Hate How Much Money You Earn? ( Your One Way Out ) / Access Bank Speaks On Laying Off 75% Staff And Closing 300 Branches / Professional Cleaning Service Available For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.