Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician (71819 Views)

Nigerian Born American Model Agu Ukaogo Flaunts His Eggplants In New Photos / Nigerian-Born Rapper Wale With Michelle Obama (Photo) / List Of Nigerian Celebrities In Illuminati? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by pwiz(m): 10:22am On Jan 05, 2011
Please guyz i really wanna know musicians and artiste born nigerians making fame here in America, I only know 4 of them (1)CHAMILLIONAIRE (2)NENNA YVONNE (3)NAS (4)WESLEY SNIPES-blade, Please ur contributions is highly welcomed 10x.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by denzel2009: 10:31am On Jan 05, 2011
p.wiz:

Please guyz i really wanna know musicians and artiste born nigerians making fame here in America, I only know 4 of them (1)CHAMILLIONAIRE (2)NENNA YVONNE (3)NAS (4)WESLEY SNIPES-blade, Please your contributions is highly welcomed 10x.

Yeah, he was born in Ayinke house and raised in Lafiaji.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2011
Tinnie tempah though not in d u.s but i fnk uk, and na ibo boi
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by tjskii(f): 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2011
wesley snipes ke,how come? is he really nigerian
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2011
I fnk so,
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Afam4eva(m): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2011
tjskii:

wesley snipes ke,how come? is he really nigerian

He's beleived to be from Onitsha but i think that's a lie.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by pwiz(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2011
@Tjski,yes he is frm Nigeria and frm enugu to be precise, He waz once interviewed in AM EXPRESS BREAKFAST SHOW. @afam4eva,no be lie ooo to be sincere @all fanks 4 ur contributions xpectin more.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by pwiz(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2011
@Tjski,yes he is frm Nigeria and frm enugu to be precise, He waz once interviewed in AM EXPRESS BREAKFAST SHOW. @afam4eva,no be lie ooo to be sincere @all fanks 4 ur contributions xpectin more.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2011
I wan2ed to say sumtn but if i say it now u will say am a talkatv, aniwaiz lemme help u
Wale

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by pwiz(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ok shark plz drop it na
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by sweetguy10(m): 1:26am On Jan 07, 2011
Adekunle Adeoye , the guy in OZ tv series
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by SeanT21(f): 4:39am On Jan 07, 2011
Nas is a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Tosinville(m): 4:52am On Jan 07, 2011
Taio cruz, sade adu, emeka okafor(NBA player), Hakeem olajuwon(NBA player), lemar etc datz al i can remember 4 n0w.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Tosinville(m): 5:00am On Jan 07, 2011
Adewale ade-something lol d dude in Lost seasonal movie, D blk guy dat feature Angelina jolie in SALT is also a nigerian guy.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Tosinville(m): 5:15am On Jan 07, 2011
@seant21, yeah! his real name is Nasir(u) bin jones OluDara, we heard his generation was one of d sec0nd generation to move over to america thru slave trade or so.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:40am On Jan 07, 2011
Taye diggs is nigerian, d guy dat was in bestman, saw him like 2oo5 in nigerian airport myself

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Ifygurl: 7:58am On Jan 07, 2011
Why do Nigerians like claiming people that ain't one of us.

Wesley Snipes is not Nigerian.  Both parents are AA's.  The guy just invested in Nigerian films and we are claiming him because of that.  Haba.
http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36974

Nas is not Nigerian as well. Both parents are AA.  His father is a very popular AA who just happened to change his name to Nigerian name.  According to what i read, His father was very afrocentric and asked a yoruba priest to give him and his son an African name.  Haba now.
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/artistbio.asp?CTR=93647

N-way jare.  Real Nigerians i know that are born in America and Europe
Wale, Taio Cruz (half nigerian), Osi Umenyiora, Adewale Akinnoye, that dude that used to play in that show "The wire", John Amaechi(half nigerian), Shirley Bassey(half nigerian), Chamillionare, Nnamdi Asomugha, Sophie Okonedo(half nigerian), Osas Ighodaro, Sade Adu(half nigerian), Emeka Okafor, Seal(he claims he's half nigerian), Slash(half nigerian) and the other guy that usually hang out with Osi; also a popular football player.  That's all i know.

Some say Obba Babatunde is Nigerian as well but i'm not sure.  Alot of my AA friends told me he got a name change as well so idk.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by CHAIRMAN1(m): 11:58am On Jan 07, 2011
p.wiz:

@Tjski,yes he is frm Nigeria and frm enugu to be precise, He waz once interviewed in AM EXPRESS BREAKFAST SHOW. @afam4eva,no be lie ooo to be sincere @all fanks 4 your contributions xpectin more.
afam4eva:

He's beleived to be from Onitsha but i think that's a lie.

Guys i also watched the AM express where he was interviewed. i remember clearly that he said he did a DNA ancestry-trace and found his roots to be from the ancient benin kingdom(that should likely be Edo).
His manager is an Anambra (or Enugu) man, when he came he was given a a chieftancy title by his manager's people and named 'CHIKE' maybe that's why people think he has ibo ancestry.

Bishop TD Jakes also mentioned it during one of 'the experience' programs that he traced his roots to the Yoruba people

Hope that helps  cool

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by emofine(f): 8:44am On Jan 08, 2011
Ifygurl:

Why do Nigerians like claiming people that ain't one of us.

Wesley Snipes is not Nigerian. Both parents are AA's. The guy just invested in Nigerian films and we are claiming him because of that. Haba.
http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36974

Nas is not Nigerian as well. Both parents are AA. His father is a very popular AA who just happened to change his name to Nigerian name. According to what i read, His father was very afrocentric and asked a yoruba priest to give him and his son an African name. Haba now.
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/artistbio.asp?CTR=93647

LOL don't mind them jare, they don't even claim better people na yeye pipu dem so so grab - one day another one was spraying tori tori for my face telling ma 50 cent na Naija born am

Chai! Nigerians sef lol grin tongue

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by pwiz(m): 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2011
Ifygurl abeg troway dat false source.Joke apart As far as i am concerned,wesley is a nigerian guy anyway 10x for ur own contribution@chairman 10x for dat contribution,ulsheran 10x too,efomine and u too and al others who contributed 10x xpecting more.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Teaser4(m): 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
Am sure of these celebrities background. Osama-bin-laden is some how related to Jos,Nigeria, Beyounce-a friend told me atfirst,i arguéd buh i found out atlast.yeah Iceberg slim, busta ryhmes, and me

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2011
I might agree to d celebs u jus mentioned but 1 r u a celeb and 2 who told u ur nigerian
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by BabyCakes(f): 12:11am On Jan 09, 2011
Chiewtel Ejiofor is Nigerian too, I also heard Neyo has some Nigerian roots, but I dont know if they have been confirmed or not
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:30am On Jan 09, 2011
Nigeria is great, true or false all dos ida rumours or reality shows dat na naija dem kari slaves travel pass.lol
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Dormitila(f): 6:32am On Jan 09, 2011
Yeah. Neyo s a nigerian n his name s nwachinemerem.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Emmyk(m): 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2011
Nigerian-born British - Hugo Weaving, - he voiced megatron in Transformers.
The Matrix.
Elrond in The Lord Of The Ring.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Emmyk(m): 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2011
Judi Shekoni.
Most stars u Mentioned are BRITISH-BORN NIGERIANS. The poster means Nigerians born by American parents. The list of Nigerians stars making fame is here
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=141124884796&topic=11162
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by saraj(f): 2:25am On Jan 15, 2011
Arinze Kene. He isn't American, he's a Londoner. He's a playright/actor/
writer. He is in Eastenders at the moment playing Connor Stanley.
He was born In Lagos.

I seriously think he was given a crappy
role in Eastenders playing
the pretty boy and Carol's toyboy.

Anyway, watch out for him in the future,
I believe he's seriously talented.
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
Gbenga Akinnagbe (Lorenzo)in Lottery ticket (2010)

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by ragdollz: 6:14am On Jan 19, 2011
Shouldn't there be a difference btw those who claim to have traced their ancestry to Nigerian roots, and those who actually have Nigerian parent(s) or grandparents? Finding your roots came from Umuahia in the East does not qualify one to automatically be regarded as Nigerian or Naija born!
Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2011
i wonder what we gain from claiming these guys cos they dont give a rats a.s.s about us here, more guys are going over trying to forget us while we are here drawing family trees
where is christy essien igbokwe from?
onyeka onwenu, caharles oputa, alex o,alexito, obewe and laurene okotie

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Born American Actor/musician by Femolahqarzhiey: 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
Adetomiwa edun who acted sir. Elyan in merlin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tyger Booty Found Dead In Her Hotel Room In Ghana / Davido's Girlfriend, Chioma Looks Beautiful In Pink / Meet The Prettiest LASTMA Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.