Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,200 members, 7,845,957 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing (1034 Views)

Bbnaija: Tacha Calls Mercy Ambassador Of Black Knuckles And Bleaching / Great Gorilla M'baku Of BLACK PANTHER Rocks The Super Eagle's Tracksuit. / Kylie Jenner Bares Nude Boobs For W Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by Stanly247: 8:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by scoundrel(f): 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
What the eff is black fishing again? I'm getting too old to keep up with Internet lingo. It seems there is a new one every other day.

1 Like

Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by JustWinniefred(f): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
scoundrel:
What the eff is black fishing again? I'm getting too old to keep up with Internet lingo. It seems there is a new one every other day.

Black fishing is editing your photos and acting all black like to get more followers,
Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by scoundrel(f): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
JustWinniefred:

Black fishing is editing your photos and acting all black like to get more followers,
Okay. Thanks. If it sells her market then good for her.
Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
scoundrel:

2 words => Cultural appropriation
scoundrel:

It doesn’t work that way. Influencers are black-fishing with the intention of looking ‘exotic’. Imagine some of these black fishes getting endorsements that actual black girls should have gotten. That doesn’t sound fair.
Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by scoundrel(f): 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
ariketalks:

2 words => Cultural appropriation

It doesn’t work that way. Influencers are black-fishing with the intention of looking ‘exotic’. Imagine some of these black fishes getting endorsements that actual black girls should have gotten. That doesn’t sound fair.
Thus the actual point of looking exotic to begin with: more opportunities. My younger brother looks average on a regular day. Three months ago he hit the gym, blew out his hair and grew a beard. With his braids, mane and muscular figure he looks like an akata who's visiting the country for tourism. Girls now drool unnecessary anywhere he enters.

There is nothing fair in the business world so competitors grab any chance to grow without sentiments. If she considered the fairness of things she won't become a billionaire under the age of 25.

1 Like

Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
scoundrel:

Thus the actual point of looking exotic to begin with: more opportunities. My younger brother looks average on a regular day. Three months ago he hit the gym, blew out his hair and grew a beard. With his braids, mane and muscular figure he looks like an akata who's visiting the country for tourism. Girls now drool unnecessary anywhere he enters.

There is nothing fair in the business world so competitors grab any chance to grow without sentiments. If she considered the fairness of things she won't become a billionaire under the age of 25.
The example of your brother doesn’t denote cultural appropriation. For a race that has been oppressed for so long, it is not fair or appropriate to try to look like them just for clout sake. Wanting to better your looks is fantastic. Wanting to look like another race because it is “trendy”, is not. Same thing applies to Koreaboos. You are entitled to your opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by JustWinniefred(f): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
scoundrel:

Nope it's not good at all. Black people went through a lot to get to where they are today, the went through slavery, racism and nepotism and yet still havent conquered it all.

Why should she come and try to make light or take advantage of it. It's called culture misappropriation.

1 Like

Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by scoundrel(f): 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
JustWinniefred:

Nope it's not good at all. Black people went through a lot to get to where they are today, the went through slavery, racism and nepotism and yet still havent conquered it all.

Why should she come and try to make light or take advantage of it. It's called culture misappropriation.
I don’t see what posting the same comment is meant to accomplish.
Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by bmdmixer: 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
the meaning of the term doesn't even make sense

shouldn't it be a white fellow who likes black men or women

since we keep saying there many fishes in the ocean.

download and watch
Mortal Kombat Legends Scorpions Revenge

http://www.soundlala.com/news.php?id=1461

Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
bmdmixer:
the meaning of the term doesn't even make sense

shouldn't it be a white fellow who likes black men or women

since we keep saying there many fishes in the ocean.

download and watch
Mortal Kombat Legends Scorpions Revenge

Does "catfishing" mean someone who likes cats?

http://www.soundlala.com/news.php?id=1461
Re: Kylie Jenner Accused Of Black Fishing by bmdmixer: 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
[quote author=ariketalks post=88511056][/quote]or that also, or fishing for catfish

(1) (Reply)

Davido’s Fiance Chioma Having Fun With Their Son Ifeanyi In Their Private Jet. / "Whenever Ozo Looks At Me, He Sees D Man He Wants To Be, I Fear No One" Kiddwaya / Ten Crazy Expensive Things Naira Marley Owns.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.