Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,302 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

What Happened To My Dream Of Obtaining A Doctor's Degree? You Can Check This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Happened To My Dream Of Obtaining A Doctor's Degree? You Can Check This (402 Views)

Best Online Msc Or MBA Degree You Can Recommend / JAMB Releases Matriculation List. How Undergraduates Can Check Names / Third Class Degree? You Still Can Rule Your World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To My Dream Of Obtaining A Doctor's Degree? You Can Check This by highfaculty(m): 4:37am On Apr 16, 2020
Salaries of Nigeria Professors and Lecturers 2020

Going to school is not a bad idea but after many years of going to school, if the salary is not commensurate to the years of learning, that's really not a good one.

Everyone truly wants to go to school because of the importance of education. Though some persons never had the opportunity, and also some persons never really understand what is happening in school.

Well, amidst going to school, something significant struck me recently which has to do with the salaries of professors in Nigeria.

As a young lad, all I wanted was to get to the highest peak of degrees and also to be very rich. But I am gradually noticing that to be rich has nothing to do with degrees. In fact, wealth and degrees travel on opposite parallel lines.

I want to be a professor but when I noticed the way most professors dress in Nigeria like they were the ones that invented the SUN and the MOON, I just hate the thought of being a professor.

Now, putting the dressing outside, I decided to do a little research on the salaries of professors in Nigeria, what I found will really interest you.

If you have ever asked any of these questions: assistant lecturer salary in Nigeria, the salary of professors in Nigeria, lecturer salary in Nigeria, professor salary in Nigeria, professors salary in Nigeria, professor salary in Nigeria university, how much is lecturer salary in Nigeria, then continue reading because your question(s) will be answered.

Below is a breakdown or list of how much Nigerian lecturers is paid from lecturer II to professor level per annum after minimum wage was increased this 2020

Salaries of Nigerian Lecturers (2020)

1. Lecturer II earns N1,649,509 to N1,979,640 yearly.

2. Lecturer I is paid N2,079,996 to N2,684,010 per annum.

3. Senior Lecturer earns N3,091,505 to 4,455,506 per annum.

4. Reader earns N3,768,221 to N5,004,750 Naira yearly.

5. A Professor in Nigeria earns N4,580,349- N6,020,163 yearly.

As seen from the salaries of lecturers in Nigeria above, a Nigerian professor is paid far more than the rest.

In Nigeria, only a few civil servants salary could match that. Its no surprise that graduates are vying for lecturing jobs in Nigeria. Although, private universities pay higher than both state and federal universities.

For private university lecturers, they are normally paid from N130,000 to N140,000 on average. For example, Covenant University, a private academic institution pays its lecturers about N135,000 to N149k depending on the level.

For university of Lagos (UNILAG), its from N116,000 to N125,000 on average before minimum wage was increased this 2020.

From the salary a professors earn annually, we can deduce that the average monthly salary of a Nigeria professor is 500,000.

I don't know about you, but I think it's too small compared to Senator's salaries in Nigeria.

Thank you.

If you find this article helpful, kindly share it with your friends on social media platforms using the share buttons below.

www.highfaculty.com
Source: https://highfaculty.com/nigeria-professors-salaries-and-nigeria-lecturers-salaries/
Re: What Happened To My Dream Of Obtaining A Doctor's Degree? You Can Check This by Jayjezey: 5:12am On Apr 16, 2020
It is no news to us that educational workers are paid less in Nigeria. How much is the average pay of a teacher??

1 Like

Re: What Happened To My Dream Of Obtaining A Doctor's Degree? You Can Check This by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 16, 2020
What is professor degree??
You pple are just funny on this nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Happened To My Dream Of Obtaining A Doctor's Degree? You Can Check This by Papertrails(m): 6:33am On Apr 16, 2020
A friend of mine who is a graduate with nysc cert too is paid 12k as a teacher cry

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To My Dream Of Obtaining A Doctor's Degree? You Can Check This by dawnomike(m): 8:40am On Apr 16, 2020
The salary is not worth effort put in...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Habits Of Highly Successful People. / See How I Make At Least 5k Weekly With My Smart Phone / Bechangemaker Africa 2020 Online Entrepreneurship Acceleration Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.