Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,871 members, 7,855,564 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Save Me From Parvo Virus - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Save Me From Parvo Virus (738 Views)

Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat / Treatment For Pregnant Dog Suffering From Parvo / Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Me From Parvo Virus by dblaq(m): 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hi Nairalanders,
Please anyone with suggestions on how to cure parvo virus in pup, I suspect the dog has it, thou the dog is active and still eats (esp. Pap and milk) but my concern is on the feaces. Please help with reasonable advices and suggestions. As I am first time pet owner here, no vet is close by. Please I need your suggestions and support
Re: Save Me From Parvo Virus by Officialgarri: 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
dblaq:
Hi Nairalanders,
Please anyone with suggestions on how to cure parvo virus in pup, I suspect the dog has it, thou the dog is active and still eats (esp. Pap and milk) but my concern is on the feaces. Please help with reasonable advices and suggestions. As I am first time pet owner here, no vet is close by. Please I need your suggestions and support
Go to a vet asap. If the dog becomes weak, it will be hard for a vet to save the dog
Re: Save Me From Parvo Virus by kingGoldust(m): 6:07pm On Apr 16, 2020
Consult vet doctor ...that is not parvo..with parvo your dog will not eat anything

1 Like

Re: Save Me From Parvo Virus by dblaq(m): 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yeah, I thought as much, though I dewormed her and also gave her multivitamins

kingGoldust:
Consult vet doctor ...that is not parvo..with parvo your dog will not eat anything
Re: Save Me From Parvo Virus by Geepee77(m): 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
dblaq:
Hi Nairalanders,

That's not Parvovirus, probably is diarrhoea. Though you didn't tell us what happened to the poop, is it watery or it has blood in it? Is your dog vomiting? If it is watery, go and buy flagyl and give your dog.
Re: Save Me From Parvo Virus by dblaq(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2020
Thanks, it's not all the time watery, she only vomited once

quote author=Geepee77 post=88524469]

That's not Parvovirus, probably is diarrhoea. Though you didn't tell us what happened to the poop, is it watery or it has blood in it? Is your dog vomiting? If it is watery, go and buy flagyl and give your dog. [/quote]
Re: Save Me From Parvo Virus by Geepee77(m): 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
dblaq:
Thanks, it's not all the time watery, she only vomited once

quote author=Geepee77 post=88524469]

That's not Parvovirus, probably is diarrhoea. Though you didn't tell us what happened to the poop, is it watery or it has blood in it? Is your dog vomiting? If it is watery, go and buy flagyl and give your dog.

Vomiting might be as a result of rushing and eating fast, just observe the dog and if you noticed any signs out of the normal, you can contact a vet.
What breed is the dog? Pictures?

1 Like

Re: Save Me From Parvo Virus by dblaq(m): 10:12am On Apr 18, 2020
8weeks old Gsd female

Geepee77:

Vomiting might be as a result of rushing and eating fast, just observe the dog and if you noticed any signs out of the normal, you can contact a vet.

Re: Save Me From Parvo Virus by Geepee77(m): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
Geepee77:

Give the puppy antibiotic.
Re: Save Me From Parvo Virus by ridax: 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
Try Amoxil by gsk. 500mg. One capsule daily for 7days. Mix with 10ml water. Also assist the purppy with oral drip and glucose. If you confirm the case to be parvovirus.[quote][/quote]

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

One Year Old Caucasian � For Sale / Will You Harm This Bird If you Have The Opportunity To? / At What Age Can My Boerboel Sleep Outside.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.