Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,064 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown (955 Views)

This Lockdown Has Really Improved Me / Learn 3D ANIMATION during this lockdown / Assist Your Business Become An Amazing Brand With Our Graphics Design Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by hartoyebi38: 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
It's no more a news that many are finding lives difficult with this covid 19 pandemic.

Therefore, we will like to hear from those who have worked or who are still working online (freelance). Can you please share with us your successful stories and your challenges? How did you overcome those challenges and how did you get paid? So we can learn from your experience.

As a graphic designer, i want to try my luck on these websites: upwork.com, 99design.com, freelance.com

Please, your opinion and advice are important because like many nigerians, i can sense hunger ahead if this lockdown is extended again.

Mod: please help push to front page
Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by Damitism: 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2020
I've been a freelancer for some times, almost 3 years. The main reason I still have reasonable amount of money with me in this covid-19 lockdown was because of some freelance works I did before covid-19 started. I'm currently not working because I'm learning new skills as I want to venture into more profitable niche.

All I can say is that if you have sellable skill(s) and you're very good at it, you SHOULD make it in freelancing world. My advice is just that you deal only with Fiverr, Upwork and maybe Peopleperhour after some time. I've earned on those platforms before. Freelancer.com is more of a den of scammers to me. Avoid it if possible.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by scoundrel(f): 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2020
I have a friend who dabbles in this from time to time. He said the greatest benefit of freelancing is the intellectual improvement which builds over time. He studied Geology but has an idea of Biology, Engineering, Computer Science, Geographical Planning, etc, all from creating write-ups for people in those fields. He found a way to branch out from making five or ten dollars per project and into a few hundred. Survival? I’ll say he made disposable income from the venture. It was never enough to live off or start a family with.
Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by hartoyebi38: 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Damitism:
I've been a freelancer for some times, almost 3 years. The main reason I still have reasonable amount of money with me in this covid-19 lockdown was because of some freelance works I did before covid-19 started. I'm currently not working because I'm learning new skills as I want to venture into more profitable niche.

All I can say is that if you have sellable skill(s) and you're very good at it, you SHOULD make it in freelancing world. My advice is just that you deal only with Fiverr, Upwork and maybe Peopleperhour after some time. I've earned on those platforms before. Freelancer.com is more of a den of scammers to me. Avoid it if possible.

All the best.

Thanks bro, i will try FIVERR
Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by hartoyebi38: 8:49pm On Apr 16, 2020
scoundrel:
I have a friend who dabbles in this from time to time. He said the greatest benefit of freelancing is the intellectual improvement which builds over time. He studied Geology but has an idea of Biology, Engineering, Computer Science, Geographical Planning, etc, all from creating write-ups for people in those fields. He found a way to branch out from making five or ten dollars per project and into a few hundred. Survival? I’ll say he made disposable income from the venture. It was never enough to live off or start a family with.

Good, at least he earns little. Have a bread is better than nothing. Thanks bro, i got your point
Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by hartoyebi38: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2020
Damitism:

All the best.

Do you think if i start now, will i be able to make little amount to sustain this lockdown? In other way, how many days did you use before getting your first client?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by Damitism: 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2020
hartoyebi38:

Do you think if i start now, will i be able to make little amount to sustain this lockdown? In other way, how many days did you use before getting your first client?
In freelancing, you can't control when to have customers. You can start now but I can't tell you how soon you can start earning. For some, it can just be days. For others, it may take months. Just give it a try and see what happen.
Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by hartoyebi38: 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2020
Damitism:
In freelancing, you can't control when to have customers. You can start now but I can't tell you how soon you can start earning. For some, it can just be days. For others, it may take months. Just give it a try and see what happen.

Thanks, you are the best
Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by DesignHave: 9:01am On Apr 17, 2020
This thread looks promising.
Just that graphics threads almost never make it to front page. Let's see if this will be different.
Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by hartoyebi38: 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
DesignHave:
This thread looks promising.
Just that graphics threads almost never make it to front page. Let's see if this will be different.

I wish
Re: Opinion: Can Freelance Jobs Assist Financially During This Lockdown by Sixfeetbelle: 1:01am On Apr 21, 2020
Lalasticlala, do you think people still have a chance to earn good money online (freelancing) if this lock down is extended?

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Stoke Images To Buy / Innovative And Creative Prints At A Very Cheap Price At Your Doorsteps / Let's Drop Our Contacts Here For Business Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.