Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight (2724 Views)

Armed Robbers Are Hiding Behind Facebook Market Place / Happening Now... Armed Robbers Are Currently In Abesan Estate In Ipaja / Who Knows Where OFFA Bank Robbers Are Now. Ayo Akinibosun And His Cohorts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
for the past 4 months now, a particular set of armed robbers numbering up to 14(sometimes as many as 16) with guns such as double barrels and AK 47 have been coming to our area, this has become common due to this corona pandemic, we dont know how to fight these people, today, they shot in the air alerting us of their coming , they machete people who refuse and sometimes shoot, they can rob up to 13 houses at a go, our night guard can only blow whistle, shout and ask us to come out,

pls what can our mere cutlasses do against guns,I'm really tired as I don't sleep well at night without the fear of being robbed, or dieing anytime soon, the place is in ibadan, idi-ape ,to best way ,Iwo road side to gate market area

I will give updates as I see things if I don't loose my phone tonight, if we call the police ,they'll only end up coming late after they might have robbed and carried one's properties...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
Pele
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by tubolancer(m): 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
Where? Which area is that?

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
tubolancer:

they operate in a wide area, ranging from best way of Iwo road, through iyanagbala, to idi ape ,to gate market the old Ife road side sha in ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Acidosis(m): 10:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by tubolancer(m): 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
Zephyr101:

they operate in a wide area, ranging from best way of Iwo road, through iyanagbala, to idi ape ,to gate market the old Ife road side sha in ibadan
This one strong o.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Acidosis(m): 10:32pm On Apr 16, 2020
Zephyr101:

These guys are everywhere. No one could sleep in my neighborhood last night. The landlords had to mobilize youths armed with cutlass and other light weapons.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by kernniejay(m): 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Sad, I think you people should officially write Governor Seyi Makinde, may be he will order SARS to your area, this is beyond those N20 police officers.

7 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Rickmann: 11:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
tubolancer:

God ll protect you..trust him
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by rusher14: 1:44am On Apr 17, 2020
Lies.

A gang of 14 AK-47 gun-wielding men would not be invading an estate for garri and soup and recharge card money.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by silibaba: 1:48am On Apr 17, 2020
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Johnnyessence(m): 3:41am On Apr 17, 2020
Zephyr101:
for the past 4 months now, a particular set of armed robbers numbering up to 14(sometimes as many as 16) with guns such as double barrels and AK 47 have been coming to our area, this has become common due to this corona pandemic, we dont know how to fight these people, today, they shot in the air alerting us of their coming , they machete people who refuse and sometimes shoot, they can rob up to 13 houses at a go, our night guard can only blow whistle, shout and ask us to come out,

pls what can our mere cutlasses do against guns,I'm really tired as I don't sleep well at night without the fear of being robbed, or dieing anytime soon, the place is in ibadan, idi-ape ,to best way ,Iwo road side to gate market area

I will give updates as I see things if I don't loose my phone tonight, if we call the police ,they'll only end up coming late after they might have robbed and carried one's properties...
it is true, you are very right.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Johnnyessence(m): 3:41am On Apr 17, 2020
Zephyr101:

you are very right.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by henrixx(m): 6:38am On Apr 17, 2020
Zephyr101:

first of all you said for the past for months then again since coronavirus pandemic. then again you said 14 to 16 of them robbing 13 houses at a go. so incoherent and sounds untrue

this is how you guys spread fake news

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by mygreenday(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2020
Zephyr101:

how far? did they come?
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by caniagu44: 8:03am On Apr 17, 2020
it can only happen in the west. in the north especially Christian or Muslims dominated areas in the Urban centers can not be easily invaded by criminals in such a manner. the residents are usually battle ready for higher invaders like Fulani herders not small small boys. they can't even try it in the south south or south east, you can't invade urban areas like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by EzzyCarter: 8:40am On Apr 17, 2020
rusher14:
Lies.

A gang of 14 AK-47 gun-wielding men would not be invading an estate for garri and soup and recharge card money.

I disagree. You'd be right if the said robbers procured the guns themselves. But most of these guys are hoodlums that were used during elections to snatch boxes and cause violence. They were given sophisticated weapons by politicians and those politicians don't bother to retrieve the weapons from them.

Don't be surprised, armed robbers wield sophisticated weapons this days. Ak-47 no be shotgun o grin
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 17, 2020
mygreenday:

how far? did they come?
.they didn't later come,I was awake almost throughout the night

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 17, 2020
henrixx:
first of all you said for the past for months then again since coronavirus pandemic. then again you said 14 to 16 of them robbing 13 houses at a go. so incoherent and sounds untrue

this is how you guys spread fake news

please read where I said ,it became common during this corona pandemic....

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 17, 2020
rusher14:
Lies.

.I don't think you stay in Ibadan, if you did,you would have known that the area I just described where they rob often is very large, and its up to you to believe me or not, thank you

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by rusher14: 9:13am On Apr 17, 2020
Zephyr101:

.I don't think you stay in Ibadan, if you did,you would have known that the area I just described where they rob often is very large, and its up to you to believe me or not, thank you

I don't believe you.
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 17, 2020
If I say Ibadan is a shithole, some people will vex.

Let me stay quiet.

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by agbekeOreke86(f): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2020
Zephyr101:

u are right OP with the old-ife road.i had this eye-withness experience around August last year....and i know it will be worse now.
I was scouting around for another branch for my shop in ibadan so i had to stay with a family in ibadan at old-ife road.stayed about 3.5 weeks before i ran one afternoon back to my village without taking my car or luggages.
Its always difficult to sleep at night...ooohh the watchmen keeps blaring their horn like whistles-jolting you outta your sleep every min-they are always parading,trying to alert people...never sleeping!!¡!!
A night before i took to my heels,i just heard one of these togolese nightmen,struggling with another,crying in pain as if being butchered or stabbed....but he wouldnt let go of the theif,still whilstling hard n shouting 'ole,olee,oolee' with/in togolese accent.
I froze in my bed,find better jeans wear found a sweater n crawled to my host's room-the mummy.the daddy of the house too was up and was trying to call the police.the whole neighbourhood was wide-awake,whistles upon whistles......
We just heard a very loud thud in the compound...heard about 7men....i was just dumbfounded!!!it was almost 6am then ooo!they were not in a rush and the police no gree come ooo.Fortunately,they decided to jump into the next compound.it had 4 flats.maybe they had an intel ooo....we dnt know.they just started shooting sporadically at the flat downstairs-using stone,harmmer,brick...anything to trynna break that iron door-shouting for the owner of the flat to come open the door.i was scared...they all got kids in there-the families.so,they started with the other flats too.soo much noise they made.around 6:23,they left,threatning to come back.i knew had they gained entrance,who knows what would have happened to those families.
My host-the mommy was robbed infront of the house in the afternoon around 3pm prior that week.she was expecting a delievery....so she opened the gate to wait and after about 10secs,she said 2guys on okada stopped by the gate,shot in the air and told her to start dropping everything she had on her-wristwatch,gold chain,earings,phones,her wallet...they even almost chopped off her finger when her wedding ring wouldnt come off on time.they were gold bands inscribed with her name on them.
PS-The police came around 10am,well after the robbers had left,heard the togo man eventually died-his cuts were much.He was deeply matcheted.na the next day i commot say i wan buy something for the next street.u cnt open the gate in the afternoon or they come in through the roof.my host have been robbed twice on a sunday while they were in church and a weekday when they were out.
This is an eye-withness experience!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 17, 2020
agbekeOreke86:
u are right OP with the old-ife road.i had this eye-withness experience around August last year....and i know it will be worse now.
I was scouting around for another branch for my shop in ibadan so i had to stay with a family in ibadan at old-ife road.stayed about 3.5 weeks before i ran one afternoon back to my village without taking my car or luggages.
Its always difficult to sleep at night...ooohh the watchmen keeps blaring their horn like whistles-jolting you outta your sleep every min-they are always parading,trying to alert people...never sleeping!!¡!!
A night before i took to my heels,i just heard one of these togolese nightmen,struggling with another,crying in pain as if being butchered or stabbed....but he wouldnt let go of the theif,still whilstling hard n shouting 'ole,olee,oolee' with/in togolese accent.
I froze in my bed,find better jeans wear found a sweater n crawled to my host's room-the mummy.the daddy of the house too was up and was trying to call the police.the whole neighbourhood was wide-awake,whistles upon whistles......
We just heard a very loud thud in the compound...heard about 7men....i was just dumbfounded!!!it was almost 6am then ooo!they were not in a rush and the police no gree come ooo.Fortunately,they decided to jump into the next compound.it had 4 flats.maybe they had an intel ooo....we dnt know.they just started shooting sporadically at the flat downstairs-using stone,harmmer,brick...anything to trynna break that iron door-shouting for the owner of the flat to come open the door.i was scared...they all got kids in there-the families.so,they started with the other flats too.soo much noise they made.around 6:23,they left,threatning to come back.i knew had they gained entrance,who knows what would have happened to those families.
My host-the mommy was robbed infront of the house in the afternoon around 3pm prior that week.she was expecting a delievery....so she opened the gate to wait and after about 10secs,she said 2guys on okada stopped by the gate,shot in the air and told her to start dropping everything she had on her-wristwatch,gold chain,earings,phones,her wallet...they even almost chopped off her finger when her wedding ring wouldnt come off on time.they were gold bands inscribed with her name on them.
PS-The police came around 10am,well after the robbers had left,heard the togo man eventually died-his cuts were much.He was deeply matcheted.na the next day i commot say i wan buy something for the next street.u cnt open the gate in the afternoon or they come in through the roof.my host have been robbed twice on a sunday while they were in church and a weekday when they were out.

Very good account..

Crime in Ibadan is on per second billing.

Ibadan is not only a shithole but Crime capital of Nigeria.

To Eye witness 2 crimes in a day there is very easy.

Let's wait for the conspiracy theorists.
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Lanretoye(m): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2020
Police and armed robbers are like day and night,they hardly meet unless there is an eclipse.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Ebenezer2021(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
agbekeOreke86:
thanks for sharing but pls Kindly ameliorate on your Writing like tydi said in the other thread.
Twas so difficult and stressful reading your write up

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Carfreak966: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
That idi ape way op day talk na dangerous place. Where ashawo people plenty. Funny enough police for testing ground at idi ape knows all the criminals but they act non challant. Best thing park to a neighborhood that is clean and security conscious than a compound with many people that will be opening gate up and down
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
cool
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by agbekeOreke86(f): 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
thanks for sharing but pls Kindly ameliorate on your Writing like tydi said in the other thread.
Twas so difficult and stressful reading your write up
i aint much of a story-teller and this write-up aint for entertainment.if u write better,good for u ma'am.The write-up was for a purpose which im sure was passed !!my writings,my errors....and you of all people should know 'content' and 'packaging' differs especially when they are real life expository.
Pls kindly point out which line(s) gave you the most headache.....!
Learn to read smarter!!

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by kendrick93(m): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
agbekeOreke86:
i aint much of a story-teller and this write-up aint for entertainment.if u write better,good for u ma'am.The write-up was for a purpose which im sure was passed !!my writings,my errors....and you of all people should know 'content' and 'packaging' differs especially when they are real life expository.
Pls kindly point out which line(s) gave you the most headache.....!
Your message has been passed and clearly understood ma'am...

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by ikennamadu1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Naughtysite:

Very good account..
Will you sharap.... Lagos is what... Don't be daft
Re: Armed Robbers Are Coming To My Street Tonight by ikennamadu1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Naughtysite:

Very good account..
Will you sharap.... Lagos is what... Don't be daft

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos – See First White Foreigner Nigeria Police Officer / Man 45, Rapes Girls In Public Toilet / Three UNIPORT Students Burnt To Death For Stealing Phones & Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.