Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,871 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). (3735 Views)

How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by profndu(m): 1:51am On Apr 18, 2020
HOW I ESCAPED HIV INFECTION (A TRUE LIFE STORY).
Please don't judge me, I only want us to learn from my experience.
It gonna be concise and pinpointed.
My girl I've dated for 2 years, all of a sudden kept an arm length from me for about 5 months and i did my best to get her back. After all said and done she came back to me. It started when we were having some pre-intimacy limited kissing and we were carried away, after pulling off everything on her a thought came into me to first conduct test on her. As a microbiologist i like to reserve some kits for self use. I did my best and convinced her for a test, to my greatest surprise within a minute the test came out strongly positive.
I told her it is negative and from my view she has no pre-knowledge of her positive status because she is asymptomatic. I made a fake call and i told her that my distributor sent a waybill for me and the waybill is already approaching so i need to rush to catch up with the driver. i left her and i spent hours somewhere till she called and tell me she want to go that she is on evening duty. I told her that i'm yet to see the driver that she should collect some money from my table for her transport fare. Later i took her to hospital where it was confirmed positive and she is currently taking the drugs.
Why i have to drop down this piece here is to enlighten us on more preventive measure which has been overlooked. As we know that the availability and easy to use pregnancy rapid test kit has done more good than when it was left in the hospitals and for professionals only, now a woman can easily walk down to a chemist shop and pick the kit then conduct the test by herself without any third party. I want to tell you that in the case where abstainant cannot be maintained and condom is not 100% protective cos it may break anytime while some people may prefer withdrawal when the intimacy involves a long time relationship. My advice is to make the kit available for self use. You can get it in any hospital equipment shop and it is very cheap (1200 for 10 strips). The kit is very simple to use and 99.8% accuracy, gives result within 2 mins. Just get a lancet (needle-like), methylated spirit or use soap and water, and cotton wool. Clean the finger thumb with the cotton wool or soap and water, Gently punch the thumb with the needle of the lancet and squeeze like 2- 3 drops of blood into the small white foam pad located at one end of the test strip placed on a flat surface, Allow to run for 2-3 minutes. Two red lines is positive while only one red line is negative, please observe very well cos the first line can be faint which means fairly positive or intermediate and should be subjected to confirmation. Note that when positive you have to go to hospital for confirmation before you conclude.
If knowledge is power i believe this should not be destructive rather it will help you to have your status and your partners status in hand. But mind you exception is when the virus is in window period, this means that the test strip can detect from 2 weeks after infection but best result is from 28 days and above after infection.

Do your best to Abstain or Always Use condom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by Iamicekid(m): 2:11am On Apr 18, 2020
What’s the name of this test kit and is it the same one they use for pregnancy test, it’s good to have this thing at home, Incase if those girls that say I don’t do condom
Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by Votewisely2019: 2:23am On Apr 18, 2020
Thanks, very enlightening
Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by profndu(m): 2:24am On Apr 18, 2020
Iamicekid:
What’s the name of this test kit and is it the same one they use for pregnancy test
It is not the same with pregnancy test kit. It is called Alere HIV kit

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by ValCon888: 2:41am On Apr 18, 2020
This is definitely front page material.
Kudos OP.

Lalaaticlala, please do the needful.
Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 18, 2020
We no go hear word again o. Hiv topic reach FP twice. That was how those trolls were making fake hiv stories last year just because one hit FP.
Aminu and co
Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 18, 2020
In the middle of konji you remember to do HIV test. Lie kee you there

3 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by dingbang(m): 7:04am On Apr 18, 2020
Abeg No sex till further notice

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by Jimbadly: 7:32am On Apr 18, 2020
I don't believe your story.

Like seriously?! In the heat of the moment with your dick as hard as the rock of Gibraltar and your girlfriend's pussy juice dripping all over, you paused to carry out an HIV test on her? undecided

Ogbeni tell me another lie. angry

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by profndu(m): 9:15am On Apr 18, 2020
Zornes123:
We no go hear word again o. Hiv topic reach FP twice. That was how those trolls were making fake hiv stories last year just because one hit FP.
Aminu and co

My dear, what would be my gain to fake myself with a deadly virus just to make front page? You may not believe me but i want you to know that when God want to save you any body that heard your story will never believe it. Even yourself will know that it is not by your power.
I snapped and saved the test strip in my external drive cos i can forget that very day. Find attached the real test result pictured in my hand.
I believe that sharing real story like this is another way to show love cos it not so easy to sit and put down this in writing.
Please do not discourage me.

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by profndu(m): 9:16am On Apr 18, 2020
Jimbadly:

Like seriously?! In the heat of the moment with your dick as hard as the rock of Gibraltar and your girlfriend's pussy juice dripping all over, you paused to carry out an HIV test on her? undecided

My dear, what would be my gain to fake myself with a deadly virus just to make front page? You may not believe me but i want you to know that when God want to save you any body that heard your story will never believe it. Even yourself will know that it is not by your power.
I snapped and saved the test strip in my external drive cos i can forget that very day. Find attached the real test result pictured in my hand.
I believe that sharing real story like this is another way to show love cos it not so easy to sit and put down this in writing.

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by profndu(m): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2020
Shibaraba:

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2020
profndu:

trust me I have seen a lot of trolls. Well lucky you. She might have been aware she has the virus.
Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by Iamicekid(m): 9:35am On Apr 18, 2020
Shibaraba:

Bro it fit happen ooo, forget it get one time for Sch I get this girl wey I never chop am before, on d day she will come, my friend come over to my place and carry the condoms at my hostel, I was thinking I won’t need it cause I’m going home the next day, oboy the girl just show up unexpectedly for night ni ooo, like past 10 and she is down but pharmacy don close, Omo make I no lie I wan do am ooo, I run go knock like 4 hostel mate room if dem get but no one get, I wan run am like that Na so I remember se the girl don tell me that if she ever get pregnant and wants to abort it make God kill am, Omo I just kiss and got suck only that night ooo, till today that thing dey pain me cause I no see the girl Yansh again, so it fit happen ooo

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by profndu(m): 10:30am On Apr 18, 2020
Iamicekid:

Bro it fit happen ooo, forget it get one time for Sch I get this girl wey I never chop am before, on d day she will come, my friend come over to my place and carry the condoms at my hostel, I was thinking I won’t need it cause I’m going home the next day, oboy the girl just show up unexpectedly for night ni ooo, like past 10 and she is down but pharmacy don close, Omo make I no lie I wan do am ooo, I run go knock like 4 hostel mate room if dem get but no one get, I wan run am like that Na so I remember se the girl don tell me that if she ever get pregnant and wants to abort it make God kill am, Omo I just kiss and got suck only that night ooo, till today that thing dey pain me cause I no see the girl Yansh again, so it fit happen ooo

Bro, if we can listen and obey our inner spirit, we may escape many dangers. There is always a sign to warn us against dangers though we may be carried away by fun or prove stubborn to that voice that speaks gently inside us warning us not to go at that moment....... The voice spoke to me and i rejected it but it kept coming back till i obeyed. We need to identify our individual danger signals.

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by profndu(m): 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Zornes123:
trust me I have seen a lot of trolls. Well lucky you. She might have been aware she has the virus.

I don't Think so.
Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by HarunaWest(m): 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
profndu:

hmmmn I initially thought u were a marketer. But heard this Alere isn't reliable nah, that u need to use @ 6months to be accurate. what If the person was under 6 months?
I guess we can't be too careful
Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by musabayokanu: 6:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Dude said he is a Microbiologist and a pharmaceutical products marketer.
Probably he is marketing his test kit.

Truth be told, dude the kit is very nice to have. Lots of girls are walking corpse, carriers some know and some don't even know.

HIV is real until you get it, that's when you will start preaching it very well.

Jimbadly:

Re: How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story). by lebron7(m): 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
profndu:

Op please can water be used in place of the chase buffer?

(1) (Reply)

My Modafinil (smart Drug) Experience / How Many KG Do You Weigh Currently? / PHOTO: Separated Conjoined Twins 29yrs Ago Celebrate Their Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.