Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand (3352 Views)

Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development / Why Is Programming So Difficult???? / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Most programmers have asserted that easy understanding is one of Python's features. Am I the only one finding it difficult to understand the language?
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by CapedBaldy: 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2020
I haven't started learning Python yet but I've seen some basic Python code and it's easy to read.
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
I wonder how this came to be undecided

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
CapedBaldy:
I haven't started learning Python yet but I've seen some basic Python code and it's easy to read.

That's how they seem at first glance. Finally, you goes a little deep and it tries to mess with your intelligence undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by yuno01: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
locust:

This is the most basic of program.you can write in python.

The input() is used to prompt the user to supply a value to the computer.

The Len() is used to check the length of a.variable..

Python is pretty easy... If u dont mind.. I can send u link of where to get materials that will ease you into it

1 Like

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Blesser28(m): 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
yuno01:

Python is pretty easy... If u dont mind.. I can send u link of where to get materials that will ease you into it
I did like to get the link for the matériel

1 Like

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 19, 2020
yuno01:

Please do, bro
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by gbolly1151(m): 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
Anytime you get to a point you feel it is hard in python,just take a break and pick it up again when your brain get relaxed

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Daejoyoung: 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
locust:
It is a code to print only numbers from a user input. lt is not a difficult code, and l believe it's more complex in many other languages than what you have here. l recommend you read a book titled...Automate the boring stuff with python.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by yuno01: 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Daejoyoung:

It is a code to print only numbers from a user input. lt is not a difficult code, and l believe it's more complex in many other languages than what you have here. l recommend you read a book titled...Automate the boring stuff with python.

Thanks for this suggestion, bro. I already got it in PDF but had to look into it immediately I got your response. And I'm not regretting it grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
yuno01:
Follow this link

https://www.py4e.com/materials

I'll check it out, bro. I lost the password to this account's email, so I couldn't get back to you.
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 20, 2020
Please why is line 3 ignored?

I expected the answer series to be:

°Hello World!
° What is your name?
°Locust
°Good to see you Locust
°The length of your name is:

Why was °Locust ignored?

1 Share

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by gbolly1151(m): 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
locust:

°Hello World!
° What is your name?
°Locust
°Good to see you Locust

Why was °Locust ignored?
Because you dont use the keyword or funtion print() in line 3,only what you command to print is what the code will print...
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Daejoyoung: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2020
locust:

°Hello World!
° What is your name?
°Locust
°Good to see you Locust

Why was °Locust ignored?
line 3 has the variable...myname.
Line 3 was not ignored, it was used in line 4.
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
Daejoyoung:

line 3 has the variable...myname.
Line 3 was not ignored, it was used in line 4.

I tried replicating what was done in this book.

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Daejoyoung: 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
locust:

yeah and your code is right.
What you did in line 3, is that you assigned the name 'locust' to a variable called...my Name.
This is the user input.
ln line 4, you did what is called string Formatting.
You gave an instruction to the program to say...Good to see you + myName. (where myName is now equal to whatever you gave it in line 3, which in this case is 'locust').
The use of the plus sign there is how you bring your string ( or sentence) and your variable ( myName) together, and it is referred to as String Formatting. Hope this helps? You can ask whatever you don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
Daejoyoung:

yeah and your code is right.
What you did in line 3, is that you assigned the name 'locust' to a variable called...my Name.
This is the user input.
ln line 4, you did what is called string Formatting.

Okay. But as you can see from the screenshot, the question "what is your name?" wasn't answered. Instead the output went on to say "Good to see you Locust".
My question is, what should have been the correct code for the answer to the question?
print(Locust) ??

As you can see from the book, the name 'Al' was seen. The name 'Al' was the only output in that particular line. But it you check my output, the name Locust only appeared in line 4, when it should have also appeared in line 3 as the answer to the question "what is your name".

I don't know if I'm making any sense
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Daejoyoung: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2020
locust:

Okay. But as you can see from the screenshot, the question "what is your name?" wasn't answered. Instead the output went on to say "Good to see you Locust".
My question is, what should have been the correct code for the answer to the question?
print(Locust) ??

As you can see from the book, the name 'Al' was seen. The name 'Al' was the only output in that particular line. But it you check my output, the name Locust only appeared in line 4, when it should have also appeared in line 3 as the answer to the question "what is your name".

I don't know if I'm making any sense
The code from the book says myName=input() and that function input() gives a user interface where you then type in your name and press enter. You do that if you want it to show your name. Follow the code exactly as it is in the book, by putting myName=input(), when you run everything, then you'll see a dialogue box asking you to input your name.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by gbolly1151(m): 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
locust:

To replicate that book, change line 3 to myname=input().
when you run it, you will see a prompt requesting you for keyboard action, then you put your 'locust'. Those bold statement in that tutorial material are input from keyboard

1 Like

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by BLUEJAYY: 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
locust:
Hello bro. Please where did you get this from? Is it an app?
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by scarplanet(m): 10:32pm On Apr 20, 2020
locust:

Your question is already answered.
But to reiterate on it, the book showed the AI to indicate what was entered through the input statement. Like you were told, replicate how it is exactly in the book if you want to enter an input.

Secondly, you dont necessary have to put the string "locust" in a tuple. Just saying my name = "Locust" without the parentheses is enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Empawa: 10:42pm On Apr 20, 2020
Check my signature below if you really want to learn programming with certificate from LinkedIn to work anywhere. I’ll give you a lifetime premium access no cap.
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by arejibadz(m): 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Are u using your phone to program....if yes please whats the name of the app?
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
arejibadz:
Are u using your phone to program....if yes please whats the name of the app?

Pydroid3. Py3.
Check it on playstore.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by ATTITUDE2: 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
Good day everyone. I want to start coding. I've downloaded the python app. please recommend a IDE for me.

cc. gbolly1151 Daejoyoung yuno01 locusy
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Daejoyoung: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
ATTITUDE2:
Good day everyone. I want to start coding. I've downloaded the python app. please recommend a IDE for me.

Did you download it via anaconda? that would have been better. But then l think pycharm is ok.
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by ATTITUDE2: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Did you download it via anaconda? that would have been better. But then l think pycharm is ok.

which on is anoconda again? Mamba nko? grin

anyway thanks for the phycharm suggestion.

Hope I can learn coding independently?
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
ATTITUDE2:

which on is anoconda again? Mamba nko? grin

anyway thanks for the phycharm suggestion.

Hope I can learn coding independently?

You still dey shine teeth
Okay na cheesy
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by ATTITUDE2: 9:41am On Apr 29, 2020
locust:

You still dey shine teeth
Okay na cheesy

is there something I'm not understanding? which one is via Anaconda? I thought he was just pulling my leg.

and what other tools will I need again?

@Daejoyoung apologies. As I'm just knowing about Anaconda today when I do a little research on pycharm.
Re: Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand by gbolly1151(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2020
ATTITUDE2:

Soory for late reply,just got my acct back....pycharm is the best,but i do use pyscripter

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Programming Challenge : Obfuscated Code! / Sending Sms Using Asp.net (c#) Through Http / Why Do Young Startup Founders Drop Out Of School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.