Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:12 AM

Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel (423 Views)

Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / 5 Career Advice You Should Absolutely Ignore / Advice Needed From Engineering Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel by Banfe6(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate, very passionate about utilities and power equipments, Had little but intense experience in building services (HVAC) installation but I which to practice in manufacturing environment

I don't any key person in Engineering sector but passionate about this profession and I want to practice it.

How can I breakthrough this Industry? Help upcoming fellow Sir/Ma
Re: Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel by Banfe6(m): 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
Help please
Re: Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel by Banfe6(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel by Banfe6(m): 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel by DriggityDre: 4:28am On Apr 26, 2020
Where were you posted for SIWES?
Re: Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel by Banfe6(m): 8:18am On Apr 26, 2020
DriggityDre:
Where were you posted for SIWES?

I did my SIWES at ministry of works, Akure to be precise.
Most of the work there were maintenance and I was moved from one department to the other, basically Refrigeration/Air conditioning, Welding, Auto Mechanic and Plant Mechanic.

I don't know the step to take now, I will appreciate any form of guide Sir.
Re: Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel by DriggityDre: 8:28am On Apr 26, 2020
Banfe6:
First, you have to acquire some certifications to boost your CV. But since you're low on cash, I advise you find something to keep you for the meantime. Then, start saving. If possible, you could engage a family member for help.

The main goal, is for you to boost your CV. If you play your cards right, you could dazzle your employers. I advise you to participate in a good number of certification/IT/internship programmes, and learn basic programming. I can try to help you, but only if you've done these.
They only accept people with this kind of qualification.

Just boost your CV. If it's good enough, they might not care about the HND degree or the 2:1.
Re: Career Advice Needed From Engineering Personel by Banfe6(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
DriggityDre:

First, you have to acquire some certifications to boost your CV. But since you're low on cash, I advise you find something to keep you for the meantime. Then, start saving. If possible, you could engage a family member for help.

The main goal, is for you to boost your CV. If you play your cards right, you could dazzle your employers. I advise you to participate in a good number of certification/IT/internship programmes, and learn basic programming. I can try to help you, but only if you've done these.
They only accept people with this kind of qualification.

Just boost your CV. If it's good enough, they might not care about the HND degree or the 2:1.

Thanks for your advice Sir, I really appreciate.
I will start looking for means to obtain necessary certification.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Join This Insightful Whatsapp Group That Can Advance You / Massive Recruitment At The Federal Ministry Of Agriculture -Apply now / Computer Science Or Computer Engineering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.