Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Your Local Church And The COVID 19 Pandemic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Local Church And The COVID 19 Pandemic (148 Views)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire / Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Local Church And The COVID 19 Pandemic by GreatCIS(m): 11:51am On Apr 19, 2020
Charity they say begins at home. I thought we should look inwards in times like this rather than pointing specks in the eyes of renowned 'mega churches' and listing what they ought to and ought not to do. If you belong to any community of faith as a Christian not a church goer, let's evaluate our spiritual state and that of our local churches through this. It may not be ideal but we have to begin from somewhere.

1. Have you made/received calls to/from your local church pastor/fellow members to know the state of well being and survival during this lockdown?

2. Have you or your local church reached out to people within your church/immediate community in cash/kind during this lockdown?

3. Have you or your local church been obedient/rebllious towards government directives in times like this?

4. Have you or your local church been active in speaking up against injustice pepetrated by authorities in times like this?

5. Have you or your local church been consistent in praying for the world in times like this?

I've done mine and observed some lapses to be improved on. The Church is not merely in words and prayers but ACTION. Kindly do yours.

(1) (Reply)

Religion: / “colossians Bible Study” / The Dark Space!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.