Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money (2123 Views)

Please Help Somebody Is Illegally Withdrawing Money From Account / 6 Nigerians Arrested For Illegally Entering India Through Night Bus / Nigerians Arrested While Trying To Illegally Emigrate To India Through Sea. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by OperaNewsHubNg: 11:49am On Apr 21, 2020
I was about to take a nap yesterday after having a partial sleep the previous night due to the watch night situation, when i suddenly got a negative bank alert from Access Bank, ₦25,000 was withdrawn without any authorisation from me. I tried to contact customer service immediately but no one was picking. All i was listening to for close to 15 minutes was their computer programmed voice. I had to cut the call and head to their social media platforms to lay my complaint. After i was done sending a message on Facebook and Instagram, I decided to tag them on twitter. Mehn see lots of complaints of other people concerning the same issue. Why has access Bank suddenly become thieves this period. The funniest thing is that they are not responding to the people whom they stole from. How can access Bank just decide to take money from peoples account. They even emptied some accounts and put it in negative, what that means is that should someone send money into your access account, they will deduct it again. Is anyone on nairaland experiencing the same thing ?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by ikh777: 11:53am On Apr 21, 2020
OperaNewsHubNg:
I was about to take a nap yesterday after having a partial sleep the previous night due to the watch night situation, when i suddenly got a negative bank alert from Access Bank, ₦25,000 was withdrawn without any authorisation from me. I tried to contact customer service immediately but no one was picking. All i was listening to for close to 15 minutes was their computer programmed voice. I had to cut the call and head to their social media platforms to lay my complaint. After i was done sending a message on Facebook and Instagram, I decided to tag them on twitter. Mehn see lots of complaints of other people concerning the same issue. Why has access Bank suddenly become thieves this period. The funniest thing is that they are not responding to the people whom they stole from. How can access Bank just decide to take money from peoples account. They even emptied some accounts and put it in negative, what that means is that should someone send money into your access account, they will deduct it again. Is anyone on nairaland experiencing the same thing ?

Sir, I do not believe anyone is experiencing it like you are... YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED.

Yes, a G-boy probably cloned your ATM or has your details and has started cashing out.

NOW, most times we are warned not to use just ANY ATM... because it is ATMs that they hack and once you slot in your card, it is finished... your entire details will be copied and used to make a dummy clone card hence they will withdraw and it will only show as ACCESS BANK DEBIT.

Pls call your bank officer now.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by EverythinDeals: 11:58am On Apr 21, 2020
ikh777:

Sir, I do not believe anyone is experiencing it like you are... YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED.

Yes, a G-boy probably cloned your ATM or has your details and has started cashing out.

NOW, most times we are warned not to use just ANY ATM... because it is ATMs that they hack and once you slot in your card, it is finished... your entire details will be copied and used to make a dummy clone card hence they will withdraw and it will only show as ACCESS BANK DEBIT.

He said he got a negative alert from " Access Bank" meaning he was debited of the amount withdrawn by the bank directly
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by ikh777: 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
EverythinDeals:

He said he got a negative alert from " Access Bank" meaning he was debited of the amount withdrawn by the bank directly

ok all I am saying is, that is the exact format yahoooo works... when you go to the bank, they will throw more light on it.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by EverythinDeals: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
ikh777:

ok all I am saying is, that is the exact format yahoooo works... when you go to the bank, they will throw more light on it.

True. But this time the alert is from Access Bank.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Jgoldie: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Access bank debited me 20k since on the 17th of this month and it has not been reversed... I don't know if any of their branch is operational
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by EverythinDeals: 12:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jgoldie:
Access bank debited me 20k since on the 17th of this month and it has not been reversed... I don't know if any of their branch is operational

Did the source the funds was deducted from reflect
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Jgoldie: 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
EverythinDeals:

Did the source the funds was deducted from reflect

I don't understand but the person I sent the money never got it. I have the prove of transaction on my phone
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by EverythinDeals: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jgoldie:

I don't understand but the person I sent the money never got it. I have the prove of transaction on my phone

God help us. Please update the thread as you work with the bank on the issue. Let's get enlightenment from the experience
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Jgoldie: 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
EverythinDeals:

God help us. Please update the thread as you work with the bank on the issue. Let's get enlightenment from the experience

I am not working with access bank oo, I need them to return my money, hunger wants to kill me
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by EverythinDeals: 12:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jgoldie:

I am not working with access bank oo, I need them to return my money, hunger wants to kill me

Eeyah. Pele
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
ikh777:

The ATM card is not easy to clone.It is very secure.The only thing they can do is swap your ATM card with a another.
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by alezzy13: 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jgoldie:

Haba that one different naa. You initiated the transfer. It will surely be reversed, though I know they can be slow sometimes. May take up to 3-4 working days.
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by alezzy13: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
@topic, my own case na debit for new atm ooo. I've written to them but they are yet to answer. I just dey look them.
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Jgoldie: 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
alezzy13:

Haba that one different naa. You initiated the transfer. It will surely be reversed, though I know they can be slow sometimes. May take up to 3-4 working days.

I hope so
20k no be small money o
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by fergieboy: 4:43am On Apr 22, 2020
Jgoldie:
Same here on the 17th Also

Their Network was very bad

Got debited of 11k when I tried to transfer

No reversal since then

This is one reason I love Gtbank
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Sommydisaster(m): 7:05am On Apr 22, 2020
alezzy13:
@topic, my own case na debit for new atm ooo. I've written to them but they are yet to answer. I just dey look them.

Same issues here, I've never been debited for ATM card since how many years

All of a sudden as at last week or so, saw a message beep on my phone from ACCESS......twas withdrawal of unnecessary money for ATM card

This case is diamond/Access tho
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Collins4u1(m): 7:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Jgoldie:

Contact them via mail...
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2020
Jgoldie:

Do you want your money back
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Jgoldie: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:

Do you want your money back

Yes I want my money back

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Jgoldie: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
Collins4u1:

Contact them via mail...

What’s their email address please
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Collins4u1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jgoldie:

What’s their email address please

contactcenter@accessbankplc.com
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by lionness(f): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
Pictures so we can push your case to FP
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Jgoldie: 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
Evidence

Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Hottdawgg: 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
ikh777:

My dear this is no G boy matter. Access Bank has been systematically stealing from its customers for a long time. It became apparent to me not long after Diamond Bank got into their fold. They were taking 2.5k per week from my 2 accounts sometimes more, sometimes less but it always added up to 20k at the end of the month. It didn't matter if I did transaction on my accounts or not. I looked at CBN regulations for cot charge and found that it was still 5per mil meaning that I had to be doing checks or withdrawals of 4m every month shocked shocked shocked I would purposely leave both accounts untouched but the debit alerts were constant not including the SMS notification alerts. I called up a friend working with cbn and he told me they are aware of this problem with Access bank.

I did a letter (2 actually) to access and Diamond (their new partner) threatening them with a lawsuit. One of them stopped the other continued at the end of the time I gave to them. I invited a lawyer, gave him my account statement printout duly stamped and signed by the bank, gave him CBN guidelines regarding maximum approved cot charges and propositioned him with a kill and divide arrangement but the greedy over ambitious lawyer gave me a fantastic professional and court appearance bill- so embarrassing. I lost interest in the whole matter and took what was left before Access bank emptied the whole account.

This is just one out of many other eye opening experiences I had with that bank. You put money in your Dorm account, you go there when you need it they won't have any to give to you. They tell you to wait sometimes for a month. One time I sent 2k dollars to a family member abroad. Access bank sat on the money for a month claiming they delivered it when they didn't. It took dozens of emails and God knows how much in Tel bill before it was returned. Meanwhile they had taken about $100 in charges.

I feel sorry for people maintaining account with Access Bank. I have nothing to gain spreading misinformation about any bank. This happened to me. Live!!

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by BHigher(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
EverythinDeals:

True. But this time the alert is from Access Bank.

Before nko? where do you expect the alert to come from?
Barclays bank?
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jgoldie:

Yes I want my money back

Get in touch with me please
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Jgoldie: 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Access bank has returned my money.adupe oo

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
I remembered when they tried this with me last year December,I went to their bank and behaved like a tout,my money was reverted .
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by fergieboy: 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
Jgoldie:
Access bank has returned my money.adupe oo
The will collect it back

My account is reading negative now
Re: Access Bank Is Illegally Taking Customers Money by Justarandomguy: 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
ikh777:

I believe access bank would put how the money was deducted.
If it was atm they will put it, if it was card transaction(even if it was international) they will put it.
Even SMS charge they will put it.
Unless that's not now how access does their thing cuz this is not the first time I'm hearing people complaining about them.

(1) (Reply)

My Father Forced Me To Marry A 64 Years Old Man, I Bleed Every Night -halimah / Insecticide Cover Forced Out Of Vagina Of Nigerian Lady Who Use It (Video) / Robbers Kill Pregnant Lawyer In Delta State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.