Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,359 members, 7,850,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:18 PM

No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner (523 Views)

Weeds Overrun Lagos Health Centre, Residents Seek Intervention / Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos / Senegal Confirms First Coronavirus Case, Patient Is A French Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by chatinent: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2020
No new case of coronavirus was recorded in Lagos State on Monday. The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, confirmed this in a tweet on Tuesday. This is coming barely 24 hours after the state reported 70 new COVID-19 cases, highest to be recorded by any state in Nigeria in one day. Abayomi’s confirmation came a few hours after the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control also announced no new case in Lagos. Despite not recording any new case of COVID-19 in 24 hours, Lagos, which has the highest confirmed cases of coronavirus in Nigeria, reported deaths.

According to data from the NCDC, Lagos has recorded 376 confirmed COVID-19 cases and discharged 97 patients. The PUNCH also reports that the state has recorded no fewer than 15 coronavirus-related fatalities. Apart from Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Borno, other states that have recorded fatalities from COVID-19 are Edo, Katsina, Kano, and Delta, and Abuja. Abayomi tweeted, “No new case of #COVID-19 was confirmed in Lagos on 20th April, 2020. However, #COVID19 related deaths were recorded in Lagos. “One of the deceased was a 45 years old Nigerian male who returned from India in January 2020.” The NCDC on Monday said 38 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 665 in Nigeria. However, Lagos was not part of the states where the new cases were recorded. According to the centre, three new states – Gombe, Sokoto and Abia – have joined states with reported cases of the virus, as the number of states with confirmed cases now reached 25. It stated that of the 38 new cases from eight states, 23 were reported in Kano; five in Gombe; three in Kaduna; two in Borno, two also in Abia, while one each was recorded in FCT, Sokoto and Ekiti. It said, “On the 20th of April 2020, 38 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 were recorded in Nigeria. Till date, 665 cases have been confirmed, 188 cases have been discharged in Nigeria. “Breakdown of cases by states: Lagos – 376,
FCT-89,
Kano-59,
Osun-20,
Oyo-16,
Edo-15,
Ogun-12,
Kwara- nine,
Katsina-12,
Bauchi- seven,
Kaduna- nine,
Akwa Ibom- nine,
Delta- four,
Ekiti- four,
Ondo- three,
Enugu- two,
Rivers- two,
Niger- two,
Benue- one,
Anambra- one,
Borno- three,
Jigawa- two,
Abia- two,
Gombe – five,
and Sokoto- one.”
https://punchng.com/no-new-coronavirus-case-in-24-hours-lagos-health-commissioner/
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominque
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by seunmsg(m): 11:58am On Apr 21, 2020
I will start celebrating if there is no case for 14 consecutive days.
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by Simplyleo: 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Good.

But hope the rate of testing is sustained.
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by GOFRONT(m): 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Fvckery....

If y'all junk Asses had done what you were posed to do from the onset, you won't have had any cause to report any case
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by oluwadabira111(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Praise be to God cool

1 Like

Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by oluwadabira111(m): 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
seunmsg:
Sanwolu is really working I swear cool
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by manuelreports: 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Good news
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by Bola146(f): 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank God grin

1 Like

Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by seborrhic: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
The only good thing about this news is that it's looking more likely the lockdown will either be lifted totally or partially after this week.
It's however quite curious and suspicious how the state government is reeling out that exit strategy.
It's like working from the answer back to the question.
It's impossible and I mean it, totally impossible that just 24hours after having 74 infections in a single day, suddenly,not a single INFECTION, not DEATH o,was recorded the very next day;when the lockdown itself has been a sham because in communities people are interacting as much as they were before,and even more now.Take for example the community vigilantes and the cramping of the few buses conveying market women,men or people to their various businesses.
It however brings me to the point I have made before;that despite the euphoria,the virus doesn't seem able to thrive here;or the figures we have been told are grossly under reported,but people have been surviving without treatment on their own.
But this 24hrs no infection is either a scam or someone working to the answer.

1 Like

Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by warrrrr: 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
Good.

But hope the rate of testing is sustained.
[/s]
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by DanseMacabre(m): 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
This should be good news normally, but COVIK ONE-NINE'S precedents so far show that it's too early to celebrate.

seunmsg:

My sentiments too.
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by datola: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank God
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by okomile(f): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
It should stay that way.

Kano should keep increasing their numbers. Lasgidi no worry nao
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by PureGoldh(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
It's better this way....pray it will be like dz Nationwide
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by Seun(m): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
We need to know how many tests they conducted during the 24 hour period in question. I hope this is not a result of slowing down testing again.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by CodeTemplar: 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Seun:
We need to know how many tests they conducted during the 24 hour period in question. I hope this is not a result of slowing down testing again.
Ha ha ha ... may be they reduced tests by 99%. Nigerians and stats, don't trust them with it.
Re: No New Coronavirus Case In 24 Hours – Lagos Health Commissioner by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
The funniest thing about COVID-19 is that, it is when you think the patient is getting over it, that it deals its lethal blow and destroys the victim. I hope this is not the parable we'll have to interpret in the coming days.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Live Temp Pro / My Period Stopped For Over 3 Months, Yet I’m Not Pregnant. Is It Normal? / Please, Help : How Do I Treat Sleep Disorder (Insomnia) Or Sleep Amnea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.