Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

I Need Help On My Gotv Remote - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need Help On My Gotv Remote (5070 Views)

I Need Help On How To Trade Btc On Luno Platform / I Need Help On Aliexpress Order / Help On Rooting Infnix Hot 5 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by akahp(m): 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Please I need help on how to fix my gotv remote, the green light on the left(tv1) is not going off. What can I do to fix it please?
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by Geeksamir(m): 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
akahp:
Please I need help on how to fix my gotv remote, the green light on the left(tv1) is not going off. What can I do to fix it please?
Have you tried to remove the batteries?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by Commandorado: 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
akahp:
press the shift botton and then press the *tv1* botton . The problem should be resolved.
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by akahp(m): 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Geeksamir:
Have you tried to remove the batteries?
Lol. I've done that several times
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by akahp(m): 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Commandorado:
press the shift botton and then press the *tv1* botton . The problem should be resolved.
It didn't put it off. The shift button doesn't bring d orange blinking light anymore
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by Commandorado: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
akahp:
It didn't put it off. The shift button doesn't bring d orange blinking light anymore
if you have replaced the batteries with new ones and it's still not working, then the remote has a problem. Replacement is required. Cheers.
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by akahp(m): 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Commandorado:
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by akahp(m): 4:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Commandorado:
if you have replaced the batteries with new ones and it's still not working, then the remote has a problem. Replacement is required. Cheers.
Thanks. tho I'm thinking it might be a button combination problem since the problem started wen my lil nephew pressed some random buttons
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by Flytime: 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
akahp:
let me guess it's performing a function on the tv when pointed at the decoder if my experience with decoders has thought me anything whether it's DStv,gotv or startimes it's that you should remove the battery for a long time maybe like and hour or two then if it doesn't work hit the remote on a surface and remove the battery I'm talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by akahp(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Flytime:
let me guess it's performing a function in the tv when pointed at the decoder if my experience with decoders has thought me anything hweter it's DStv gotv or startimes it's that you should remove the battery for a long time maybe like and hour or two then if it doesn't work it the remote on surface and remove the battery I'm talking from experience.
Bro I dint quite get ur last point. And ya, it does bring up something on d screen without being pressed.
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by Flytime: 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
akahp:
Bro I dint quite get ur last point. And ya, it does bring up something on d screen without being pressed.
i've made adjustments.
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by akahp(m): 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Flytime:
i've made adjustments.
Lol
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by Flytime: 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
akahp:
Lol
let me know if it worked.
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by Segzydaniels018: 9:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Water might have gotten inside the remote some how, you can try to open up d remote and clean d board with spirit or petrol and place it outside de sun for like an hour, it happened to mine a while ago and it became normal immediate I fixed it back.
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by akahp(m): 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Flytime:
let me know if it worked.
Hahaha....not rili. I hit am for desk, remove d ba3, putam bak, e no still work. I wanted to drop it, I come notice say e get opening due to d hitting. I kuku open am clean am (since I don plan say I go open am if nothing works), put d ba3 back and...voila, e start to work!!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by akahp(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Segzydaniels018:
Water might have gotten inside the remote some how, you can try to open up d remote and clean d board with spirit or petrol and place it outside de sun for like an hour, it happened to mine a while ago and it became normal immediate I fixed it back.
No be water enter am b4 d problem start, na jst my nephew go press some random buttons wey nobody knw. But e don start to work sha, I open am clean am with jst dry tissue.
Re: I Need Help On My Gotv Remote by nnemekaemmanuel: 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
If you've got peel remote or Mi remote on redmi phones you're good to go

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Use Of Social Turbo On My Infinix Note 8i Need Help. / MTN Users Get In Here, Unlimited Data (Screenshots) / I Mistakenly Recharged Ten Thousand Naira Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.