Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (55286 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / I Am Not Happy With My Wife Please Help / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Forumobserver12(m): 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
pawesome:
mummy's boy talking...na your type ur mama de choose wife for

You dey mind the poster? just look at what a supposed adult wrote, 'MAMA na MAMA' I pity the girl that will end up with him as wife..

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by SeniorBros1: 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Grew up with my step mum so I’ve got first hand knowledge of what you’re talking about. My gain; even Covid-19 can’t do me shit

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by LordsBattleAxe(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ishilove:
How can anyone complain about the weight of a ten year old child?? Haven't you people heard of baby fat? What is wrong with human beings??!

As for your mum, nemesis is taking notes and she is very good record keeper.
in a family filled with guys? They talk her on jogs because that's the only way they know about the issue. Besides, jogging doesn't kill. Imbibing the habit now will go a long way towards her mental and physical well-being

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Bradiyung(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
majamajic:
It's normal if a woman treats another woman's children a different way from hers, cos maybe she was not in support of the adoption .

There's nothing u can do here , than continue the love and accommodate the girl , as time goes on everything will be ok

Just keep up the good work , things will be perfect as time goes on , thank God she is a girl
Pls don't say it's normal, it's a hateful character sure you can't treat her like your own doesn't mean you should find the slightest means to beat or insult her.

I very much dislike women of such nature, so for a poor child to be seeking for care is a bad thing now
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by KunleyY19(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
OchoL:
I'm sure that girl's weight is as a direct result of your mother's incessant bullying which has led her into comfort eating. Sorry to say, but your mother is a nasty piece of trash. She is not a true mother and God will surely deal with her for her unjust treatment of another woman's child.

Calm Down na... angry

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Your whole damn life story..

BYKW?? too boring asf
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Bradiyung(m): 10:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
I would really advice you stand for her, just because it's your mum doesn't mean she can't be corrected, the little girl need someone to stand for her cuz now she is all alone.

If karma took it's cause you would be involved because you saw the bad deeds and didn't do anything, the girl would probably have you all at her mind of how she was mistreated with no helper
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by jelel6: 10:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Thank you!!!

Why do Nigerians think it is until someone lives under their roof they are showing care? Even when the home is dangerously toxic to the person. Jeez! Somethings are common sense.

I agree most cases don't need housing them under the same roof with the family. But I think the Poster said it's not an option as they believe her mom's place is even worse (you have to trust their judgement here I think). The girl can't live alone. She needs a place and it just happens THAT place is with the poster.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Benjamin4388(m): 10:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Since you said she going back is a bad alternative..and she would go to boarding house soon..I think she can endure with the love and support of you and dad pending when your brother and mom will ever do...mehn through my secondary school year..I hardly made friends in my neighborhood because before I finish those wicked teachers holiday assignment...school have resumed o
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Duru009(m): 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Rejected stone will certainly be the corner stone !

Only time will tell......
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Christie171(f): 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
ume1000:
my mom sisters treated us nicely but when my kicked the bucket ..... I quess you know the rest
Hmmm....well, before then, she'd be on her own living and catering for herself and her family.... I'm already making sure of that by setting aside financial securities in her name.
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by pocohantas(f): 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
jelel6:

I agree most cases don't need housing them under the same roof with the family. But I think the Poster said it's not an option as they believe her mom's place is even worse (you have to trust their judgement here I think). The girl can't live alone. She needs a place and it just happens THAT place is with the poster.

You mustn’t bring the person into the house, but if you must- please fix the foundation, fix the family relationship, fix the flow of leadership. The problem here is, one person (most times the man) would just impose it on the other. It never works that way. It is the visitor that would always suffer the effect of the hosts petty squabbles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by nairalandbeast1: 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Your mum should be in jail
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by nairalandbeast1: 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
hoygift:
Mama na Mama forget the behavior you don't like and move on. She is not your mate

Stupid reasoning so she should abuse a minor
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by afroxyz: 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Bros you are a man. When the girl's story is told, you would be remembered for standing up for justice. Your action shows a lot of character

4 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by ProudBiafran: 11:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
I am sure people like your mum will be one of those who supported tbe zambian dad for slapping his son.

Your mum is not nice.

The girl is just 10.

God!
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by kunletexs: 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao, NL really gives wings to tadpoles like you. What do you know about selflessness? Because you have future plans of adopting a child? grin grin

When you are ready to talk sense, quote me. I will personally educate you on how to train a child remotely, without stepping on toes or putting the child in harms way. No be you go teach me the work. You live it, it is not by typing nonsense to appear good online. Lol.

Once again OP, take that child away. You can never be there to always protect her. As long as she knows your mum hates her, she would also not be truly comfortable. That is BAD for her psyche. All these ones typing, “defend her” should probably come take shifts with you. Some people think such issues are as simple as ABC.

I say again keep quiet! You teach me how to train a child? I would rather let a dog teach me than you. What message do you want to pass to me, selfish bigot.

I didn't type adoption message for your sorry ass to look good on NL slow poke but that my decision long after the idiotic gender as yours came to maltreat me when I was growing up. So stop bitching online fool, and get schooled in the area of calling a spade a spade by calling those heartless idiot calling themselves women/mothers to order. Let them show some level of compassion but to just foolishly hats other children because they can't stand to see another woman child inside under their roof.

Now to your sorry ass statement the other times thing me I was typing because am using cheep MB, I think by now that quote you used that came from one of the useless actress that add no moral to the society is STALE. At least with my cheap MB, I am using it to impact sense into your senseless brain.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by crystalwig326: 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
U did the right thing by cautioning your mum,but the question is will u always b there for her,what happens when u and your dad is not around,above all what if your lol bro start abusing her sexually,who will she run to,sit your mum down and talk to her,tell her if she don't desist,the girl will go back to her mum,and your mum will carry the burden of whatever become of the girl because she push her into it,forget the fact that she can not come out of the hood positively,u don't know God plan for her life and finally what will be in life will be.
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by crackkhaus: 11:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
Christie171:
Yes she does for now...was living with my elder sis before she traveled out, now she lives with my younger sis 'cause I'm not always in town...if she misbehaves, they call to take permission from me before scolding or spanking her and tend to give almost everything she wants unlike me.
That's nice. cool

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Lifecanbeamazin: 11:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sit your mom down and talk to her. Ask if she'll be happy if someone treats you all like that & let me know she's your role model so you're all need to be kind & loving towards that child.
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by pocohantas(f): 11:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
kunletexs:

Now to your sorry ass statement the other times thing me I was typing because am using cheep MB, I think by now that quote you used that came from one of the useless actress that add no moral to the society is STALE. At least with my cheap MB, I am using it to impact sense into your senseless brain.

Lol, please do not adopt a child- that is not what you need to be a good person. Use that money to attend a basic etiquette school.

Even Mowgli that was brought up by animals wasn’t uncivil and uncouth, how much more you that was brought up by humans. Once again, invest your adoption fees into basic etiquette, lest you cause more harm while trying to do some supposed good. You shouldn’t raise a hen, let alone human. Trust me. grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by DabFrankNG: 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
You are the girls guardian angel, never fail to do what you know is right to protect her.

Never let her be alone with her tormentors, especially your younger brother.
He may start sleeping with her.

Continue showing love to the girl especially in helping her prevent bad emotions such as fear or low self esteem as these may scar her for life.

Aside defending her, always talk to her, play with her, help her with home work, and also buy snacks for her when you go out or leave food for her when eating.

You would have sown a seed you and your own children will reap for life, both from her and from God.

Your mum is laying a bed of nails.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Humanoid01(m): 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
OchoL:
I'm sure that girl's weight is as a direct result of your mother's incessant bullying which has led her into comfort eating. Sorry to say, but your mother is a nasty piece of trash. She is not a true mother and God will surely deal with her for her unjust treatment of another woman's child.
Why don't you just keep shut if you got no advice to render, instead of insulting and cursing his mother? Even if she's wrong, you didn't have to say all that bad stuff about her. He didn't ask you for that.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by kunletexs: 11:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol, please do not adopt a child- that is not what you need to be a good person. Use that money to attend a basic etiquette school.

Even Mowgli that was brought up by animals wasn’t uncivil and uncouth, how much more you that was brought up by humans. Once again, invest your adoption fees into basic etiquette, lest you cause more harm while trying to do some supposed good. You shouldn’t raise a hen, let alone human. Trust me. grin

Shut up and go and talk to your selfish idiots like you who can't stomach to see other people children under their roof.

What your funkier business with my beautiful life? Can you face your sorry life and stop been a bitch.

If you have been schooled by the said fellow and yet still sound selfish then it time you get schooled in the animal Kingdom where female lions have been seen taken care of giraffe bady
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by pocohantas(f): 11:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
kunletexs:

Shut up and go and talk to your selfish idiots like you who can't stomach to see other people children under their roof.

What your funkier business with my beautiful life? Can you face your sorry life and stop been a bitch.

If you have been schooled by the said fellow and yet still sound selfish then it time you get schooled in the animal Kingdom where female lions have been seen taken care of giraffe bady

This is one situation I would agree a child should be under another person’s roof. Your parents roof failed- obviously. Keep cursing... grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Nwaonyishi69: 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
That is why marriage is becoming more and more difficult all over the world. No wonder, even God regretted creating them. if not because that girl came it could have been any of u she will be picking on, even your father o.
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by kunletexs: 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
pocohantas:

This is one situation I would agree a child should be under another person’s roof. Your parents roof failed- obviously. Keep cursing... grin

And yours is bound to fail with that stupid attitude of you that only cares for her own.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
OchoL:

I've not met anyone as greatly stupid lately. You are good!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by pocohantas(f): 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
kunletexs:

And yours is bound to fail with that stupid attitude of you that only cares for her own.

Dude, stop being silly. I wonder why you even have to wait till you marry to care for others. Anyway, that we don’t jump on people’s comments with error-ridden epistles, doesn’t mean we are inhumane.

It isn’t that hard to keep your brain company, use it often. Take care.
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by sapientia(m): 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
MuduOfRice11:

U this guy, after bashing women non stop, one would think u amount to something.

Surprised seeing u desperately begging for crumbs at poco's giveaway. shocked shocked shocked

You varnished into thin air afterwards to salvage what's left of ur bruised ego, only to resurface later thinking the heat has died down.

Omó alé.!! angry angry angry
Pitiable crumbie. grin grin grin

Cc; pocohantas

We need to stop bashing people for begging.

No matter how bad he was.

Don't you ever wish that bad people will change?

That's why some get new accounts to do that and you guys will still call them fake. .

Nigeria is too tough and now is worse.

If you can't give, just ignore

oppsymos:
Don't be angry with your mom
Ask her why she's treating the little girl in that manner. Hear her out first.
We human beings have ego and pride. And we always want to feel important.

Just make her understand one thing which is;
what if you are in position of that little girl and you are being treated the way your mother is doing now, will she be happy? Will she pray that her children should be treated the way she's treating that little girl?
Ask her..
Don't make mistake by condemning or judging her, that will worsen the situation.
I bet it with you, if she can allow the love of that little to fill her heart, she will have peace of mind. And great things will follow.
I pray you find this helpful.

Op, the bolded is of utmost importance.

Hear your mum out first.

She is a woman and you are a man.

In all, never never ever blame her, let her know she has right to anger (allow her to win first, it sweets women).

No matter what caused her anger, if tells you, try reason am wella like say na your babe.

You got points already and some good fellows have dropped loads and loads of points too.

Goodluck man.

You are a good man
Re: I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister by MrHerrera(m): 11:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
In my opinion the solution is very simple and could straighten both the girl and her mother's life and also make peace reign in ur own home too. But your father will bare the cost.

Since your reason for not wanting the girl to go back to her Mom is because of the inconducive environment her Mom lives, I will suggest ur Dad rent her an apartment in a nice area and also establish her to be able to sustain herself and continue the payment, from there she might even get another suitor that will love her and also the child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! / 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. / Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.