Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,127 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord (44429 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 / Is Olamide’s UY SCUTI Worth the Hype ? Album Review By Iamsynord / 30 Biggest Nigerian Songs Of 2020 By Iamsynord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by bmdmixer: 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
do u even know the meaning of COVER?
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by joshjc(m): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
light099:

Hahaha, I remember Awilo when I saw this thread. That guy is one of Africa sweetest singers. He has this sweet voice and unique style of singing. He's also a mad drummer, which obviously shows in his songs. And he get one mad nigga wey dey flow on the lead guitar.
I always look for his songs online but it's sad I've not come across anyone sweeter than that his 1998 album.
non of our musicians can ever make the kind of wave and influence awilo had,only the beat go scatter person brain

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by do4luv14(m): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Be like the OP nah from this Indomie generation sef

lmm4real:
Op how come all the songs u listed are recent. I don't understand what u mean by revolution in this context, cus the Nigerian music industry I know have gone through many form of it. Including the one u mentioned above, that except you too young to remember. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
joshjc:
non of our musicians can ever make the kind of wave and influence awilo had,only the beat go scatter person brain

I swear.
Everything in that Awilo song na hit. The song, the dance, the drum and the instrument (esp guitar).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by SaintLucia: 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
IgboMooslim:

As an Igbo_ mooslem, I don't agree. Our po.rnstar can't be dead!
Who would teach us to dance to terrorist_ music?

God bless all Igbo mooslems.
Anybody parading himself as KANU now is a cloned one from Malabo.
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by lmm4real: 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
do4luv14:

Be like the OP nah from this Indomie generation sef

I know so. I no want talk am, make I no hurt him feelings. undecided
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by joshjc(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
light099:

I swear.
Everything in that Awilo song na hit. The dance, the drum and the instrument (esp guitar).
those day's were sweet abeg, every body dey share things together,now every body is forming class

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by lomprico(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
OP is indomie generation.
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
joshjc:
those day's were sweet abeg, every body dey share things together,now every body is forming class

Somw times when I think about the past, I realize the older the time, the better the enjoyment of life. That's why I always feel our forefathers enjoy life most. Simple, sweet and peaceful life.
Although we now have tech that gave us some advantage over them but we've taken simplicity and real natural sweetness out of life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Mateen1000: 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
lmm4real:

Artist have been doing cover far before the invent of Instagram. Insta only made it more popular.
The “Popularity” is what makes it trend.
And that’s what the post is all about
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by clemmonce(m): 5:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
lmm4real:
Op how come all the songs u listed are recent. I don't understand what u mean by revolution in this context, cus the Nigerian music industry I know have gone through many form of it. Including the one u mentioned above, that except you too young to remember. undecided
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by karnivorous(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Who you epp- olamide stole the song from a warri base musician shun bebe
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Kinjikitileking(m): 5:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Babatunde40:
Nice list. Drake is from Canada. Canadians are already doing hit songs in the US. I look forward to seeing a Nigerian coming from Canada and doing hits in the US. It might be me sha, when i get to Canada. Online dating can help me get Canada link.

I am making progress already with my online dating. I got inspired to start online dating after a Canadian magazine reported that online dating has gone up due to lockdowns and it is the top way people in Canada meet now. People are indoors. To keep themselves busy, they are switching to online dating.

One of the sites mentioned is Bit Mistress (Mostly for Canadian members. See Image below)

I registered. I have being meeting new people. My goal this month is to get 1 serious lover from Canada. Someone to help me escape from 9ja when all this corona stuff is over.

this your dating site self
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by AsawanaDgreat: 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jogodo should be on the list
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Ewedegubbler: 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Garbage in Garbage out... mumu list
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by EdoPrince93(m): 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
oleku was the hit song that year...I still remember my unilag days and students vibing to that song every minute...
#NostalgicMoments
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
Interesting.

Ponmile was a jam with it own fair share
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Afam4eva(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
lmm4real:
The OP must be 10 years old.

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by cassidy1996(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
wunmi590:
embarassed
Ok
We can do business together
good job, these your pics are scary
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by wunmi590(m): 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
cassidy1996:
good job, these your pics are scary

Lol

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Mastakija(m): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fenomenal:
Nice write-up
First to comment
hmmm

should i tell u
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by thedio(m): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
When I opened this post I thot I would see
Shakomo...Remedies
U & I......Plantashun Boiz
My car.......Tony Tetuila
African Queen. ......2baba
Gongo Aso......9ice
Koko... .............koko Master

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Gundel001: 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Where's Mad over you?
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by lmm4real: 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
Afam4eva:

The OP must be 10 years old.

Lol but the effort on the write up was really genuine grin
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
MuduOfRice10:
@ iamsynord can u please connect me into the entertainment industry??

I'm a dope rapper with bad ass bars and lyrics.
A trial will convince you.

And ohh, I got the looks/Charm too.(pic attached).

Cc;
Aro1
Benzboys
Seanwilliam
Seankafor
Lhimeet
Plead
Luminous
Timoleon
Bamidey
Stillmaticog

Thanks.

If that is your face nigga, you gay.
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by DelphiOracle(m): 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
MuduOfRice10:
@ iamsynord can u please connect me into the entertainment industry??

I'm a dope rapper with bad ass bars and lyrics.
A trial will convince you.

And ohh, I got the looks/Charm too.(pic attached).

Cc;
Aro1
Benzboys
Seanwilliam
Seankafor
Lhimeet
Plead
Luminous
Timoleon
Bamidey
Stillmaticog

Thanks.
wow. Buh u for no add the look n charm na.
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by DelphiOracle(m): 6:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
light099:
Crap!

The only hit I know which shook the whole of African planet is Awilo Album around 1998 or so. It went as far as Europe and America.
These were days with no twitter or internet to trend a song, yet it crossed borders all the way from Congo. I don't think any other Album can ever shake Africa like that Awilo album that yr.
Awilo dance turned to street madness that year with street littered with everyone dancing. Up till today we never knew what he was singing but the hood created their own local lyrics for the songs.

Churchs were not left out as every church then beat Awilo's drum style. Once the drummer changes to Awilo and intruments follow suit, na dance madness go follow am. Awilo was the greatest dance and music album revolution till date.
I think I agree with you

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by X0012(m): 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
My thought exactly

lmm4real:

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Eastlink(m): 6:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Paid list
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord by Eastlink(m): 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
thattnaijaman:

What has IPOB got to do with the post?

Alot of you on both sides hausa, yoruba and igbos have turned nairaland to where you spew ethnic vitriols and hatred.

Nairaland have become so toxic with hate speech and ethnic incitements.

SEun osewa is quick to Ban anyone who talks of self determination but they condone this ethinic hatred and incitements by alot of toxic nairalanders.

This forum was supposed to be where people discuss objectively, teach others and learn as well but it has been turned to the home of Ethnic warriors and fraudsters.

Very soon if there is no control about this, i will delete my account and become a guest instead. And i will urge people who have same complain as me to follow as well.

As nigerians we should learn how to correct the mistakes of the past, and as young people not to exacerbate them it will take us no where as a nation. I hope Seun osewa will address this except if he and his admins enjoys it.

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vector Disses M.I With "Judas The Rat" (Listen) / Dilichukwu Okonkwo Aka Tidinz Dies At 26 / Mohbad: Nigerians Sign Petition To ‘Ban Marlian Music’ (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.