Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless (6081 Views)

TETFUND: BIMS To Empower Education For Students, Lecturers And Staff / #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students / State University Lecturers And Federal University Lectures..who Earn More? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by nijabazaar: 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2020
sapientia:
We are not completely useless.

Our work needs lots of funding.

Nigeria can't fund it due to corruption.

What happen to Grant's from abroad. Why cant these so called microbiologist put more effort I to getting these grants.

Let me tell you, perhaps with the exception of Medicine, law, Mass communication, fine arts and to some extent civil engineering , most courses at school have hopelessly Fortran era lecturers that churn out half baked graduates.

I studied epidemiology whilst in school, I was never exposed to a microscope or even standard spectroscopy. Norrin. Everything was theory that is best applied in the 1960s. At one time , my lecturer refused to accept to take any new modern theorems apart from the one he has used to teach 15 generations of students ago.

If the govt is not funding, they should up their faculties and seek grants abroad. Often I hear of students or lecturers in MIT Boston or the Philippines getting sponsorship deals from Boeing to Google

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Sadsoulnow: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Covid-19: Microbiology and Biochemistry lecturers and students are useless in Nigeria.

Covid-19 is an eye opener to what Nigeria universities train and excrete as Graduates.

This shows how the said PhDs , Masters teaching the same students are collectively useless.

Their mates are in the lab working tirelessly to save lives but the ones here are on strike for Ippis.

No wonder they are afraid of same students they graduate to treat them rather they ran to other civilisation.

The only they at good at is wearing white/ labcoat and be walking around university environment.

Even the president is worried
Buhari To Nigerian Universities: You're Still Slow In Discoveries, Inventions After 58 Years

President Muhammadu Buhari has urged Nigerian universities to intensify efforts at making discoveries and inventions that can assist the development of the country as he lamented their slowness in making discoveries and inventing things.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/16/buhari-nigerian-universities-youre-still-slow-discoveries-inventions-after-58-years

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/focus-more-on-research-buhari-advises-nigerian-universities/

And the ones in US and UK are useful that's why they find cure for covid-19
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by edoairways: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Let there be an attempt and result to the ones spent earlier.

Tell me currently anywhere in Nigeria now that research is currently going on by this discipline to help discover vaccine to Corona-virus?

The excuses is getting embarrassing.
If the government didn't support research on corona's twin SARS, is it is vaccine that will support? If the government had supported Iwu Nigeria would have produced the drug and the vaccine. Do you know how many professors that had done personal researches yet their results where turned down?
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Sadsoulnow:
And the ones in US and UK are useful that's why they find cure for covid-19

Highly
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by sapientia(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

What about funds that has been released and those given during industrial actions?

At least something little to show for it..but here outrightly nothing.

Where are the so called powerful lectures that Sabi? All are hiding because they don't know what to do

The deceit is getting really dangerous...

Biochemistry, micro biologist, med lab...

Too bad.

See, many big hospitals have them working in very serious departments too.

But the kinda thing you are talking about costs a lot of money.

You want them to also join their colleagues in maybe researching on finding a cure for covid 19 right?

Its not something you start out of the blue.

Can Nigeria be able to spend millions of dollars yearly conducting researches that may not yield tangible results in short term.

Without covid 19, if Nigeria said they want to borrow $200 million to establish a research lab and maybe fund it with $30 million yearly, won't you have complained.

Way I see it, only independent research centres which already exists can help us just that its a capital intensive venture so they always do what they can.

So for now, even if all Microbiology and biochemistry lecturers and graduates wants to help, they really can't do much.
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by sapientia(m): 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
nijabazaar:

What happen to Grant's from abroad. Why cant these so called microbiologist put more effort I to getting these grants.

Let me tell you, perhaps with the exception of Medicine, law, Mass communication, fine arts and to some extent civil engineering , most courses at school have hopelessly Fortran era lecturers that churn out half baked graduates.

I studied epidemiology whilst in school, I was never exposed to a microscope or even standard spectroscopy. Norrin. Everything was theory that is best applied in the 1960s. At one time , my lecturer refused to accept to take any new modern theorems apart from the one he has used to teach 15 generations of students ago.

If the govt is not funding, they should up their faculties and seek grants abroad. Often I hear of students or lecturers in MIT Boston or the Philippines getting sponsorship deals from Boeing to Google

Glad you studied your course so you understand what is at stake.

No grant can be like government funding.

The grants works better when there are existing facilities with which you can argument with it and produce results.

No one gives you a grant to build a modern working research centre. Its the duty of government.

And frankly speaking, with the way Nigeria is, they can't afford it in maybe a decade.

People like Dangote should invest massively into such things.
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Koko1119: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
Is ok pls if u like tmoro go and vote him bcoz of 2 or 3k try give am juju make him if him no do anytin him go dey.
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by waynetee(m): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Where are the labs and equipments? Where is the money? Or are suppose to be doing the researches in our sitting room?

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by chimex302(m): 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
U are talking of research ,where testing centres are running short of kits... �

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by olamidedivotee(f): 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Covid-19: Microbiology and Biochemistry lecturers and students are useless in Nigeria.

Covid-19 is an eye opener to what Nigeria universities train and excrete as Graduates.

This shows how the said PhDs , Masters teaching the same students are collectively useless.

Their mates are in the lab working tirelessly to save lives but the ones here are on strike for Ippis.

No wonder they are afraid of same students they graduate to treat them rather they ran to other civilisation.

The only they at good at is wearing white/ labcoat and be walking around university environment.

Buhari To Nigerian Universities: You're Still Slow In Discoveries, Inventions After 58 Years

President Muhammadu Buhari has urged Nigerian universities to intensify efforts at making discoveries and inventions that can assist the development of the country as he lamented their slowness in making discoveries and inventing things.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/16/buhari-nigerian-universities-youre-still-slow-discoveries-inventions-after-58-years

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/focus-more-on-research-buhari-advises-nigerian-universities/

The same people our president ignore and fund Chinese doctors.
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Reuben700: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
make i knw shake the table
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by leosahm(m): 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
LMAO......... somepeople needs to hear this...........coz it really true they are useless....hope my co malabites and malabresses can hear this....

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by slimzyguy(m): 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You are very ignorant, do more of reading and talk less.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
slimzyguy:
You are very ignorant, do more of reading and talk less.
See them..
Wearing lab coat up and down.
Stop disgracing yourself.
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by slimzyguy(m): 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

See them..

Wearing lab coat up and down.

Stop disgracing yourself.
Lol...I am not a microbiologist, don't just talk anyhow
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
slimzyguy:
Lol...I am not a microbiologist, don't just talk anyhow
They are useless
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
I knw op headache he used to toast a particular babe for applied natural science [BCH & AMB] in his university still yet to get the babe attention
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
@Osagyefo98

Why are you exempting pharmacology lecturers and students?
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
This is the time for crossfire.

Our institutions are sub par, the "measly" funding notwithstanding

I've been through the system, and the rot is not solely the government's to bear

They declare/claim lack of funding, and we know the kind of life VC's and other gladiators live

The COVID-19 wind should keep blowing. Let it expose all they've buried in plain sight.
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by ItooWorWor(m): 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Osagyefo98 This shows you are also useless and stupid. cc imhotep lzaa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Oduok(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Scholars in the country would be shouting, "no lab". So how did you now managed to earn your First degree, Masters, and Ph.D. Are you reporting yourselves that you have not been embarking on research before getting degrees? Nigerian scholars need to take the point OP raised as a challenge. Let's be more committed to realtime research within the availability of what we have. Cheating has been killing us and it's manifesting. Stop forging research results just to move on. Covid-19 is an eye opener. BTW, OP what has your own field contributed this period of pandemic?

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by DisGuy: 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
government is not funding research, govt is not funding research....but international organisations with huge funds are not funding because of their lack of transparency and accountability...is that government fault too?

See 50 year old university distributing 200 pieces of hand sanitizers with 50 media houses invited like they have invented a cure
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by sexylassie2(f): 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
reality is that Nigerian universities even the private ones are useless

from the day, i saw students of federal university futo, owerri calling a tree that brings out water , miracle tree that can cure ebola, i knew that we are finished as a country.
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by 21savages: 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
Every biochem & microbiology student is jst like his/her lecturer, we only know the course jst like our lecturers.
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by DisGuy: 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
A genetic expert, Prof Cyril Otoikhian, Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Novena University, Ogume, Delta State,

“I still maintain that ground today, and that is why number of deaths are increasing and number of cases are positive. But I was not there when they prepared the chemical. I was sleeping in the night allowed my instinct to give me an insight toward what that person was thinking and what that person has done.

“They said a Professor was arrested in America and if that was true why didn’t they ask him what did you do? But I asked myself and I had a clue that even you ask that Professor wherever he has gone, where they sat together in that conspiracy to prepare that chemical against humans there could be betrayal and himself could carry some chips that could make him not remember what he did.

“At that point I asked God and said you made man in your own image, I need the solution and I want to get it. Prof Cyril has the cure to that chemical that was produced in that lab and when I give it out and they implement it you will see that death will stop.”

https://naijafinix.com/genetic-expert-claims-solution-to-deaths-from-covid-19-pandemic/
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by pacino26(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
Those of ya screaming no funds for research how about the private universities with a lot of fees yet no inventions? Abi that one na funds matter again?

Overhaul the entire curriculum to start with.

But on topic, I support the Op dem u-seless v well

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by TomMary(f): 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
Take your anger to the government.. Our varsities are under developed . No funds or good laboratories.. Would you have them conduct research in their kitchens with frying pan... Next time vote a credible leader who will make our educational and health care system a priority
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by vezycash(m): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
I don't know why you're hating on just microbiology and biology. Is there any science course in Nigeria that's exceptional?
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by crestedaguiyi: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2020
Op is a deciple of mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Yestadays broadcast centred on this issue. He even called names of professors and doctors
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Biafra1stson: 1:02am On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

What has they contributed specifically if not shouting lock down and staying at home with others.

Their useful mates in other countries are doing their best to get a vaccine but the docile ones here are on strike.

Tomorrow if other civilisation gets a vaccine, na Dem here go Sabi the vaccine pass as if they knew how the vaccine was created.

Uselessness at it's peak.

Are they not being supported by the government why jumping questions mumu.
Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by etrange: 1:25am On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Look at one of them. After they will be quoting and calling names of bacterias as if they Sabi how it come about or even the vaccine.

The only they are good at is wearing white up and down.

Dude, calm down. There's no point insulting people when the institution is faulty. You, didn't you go to school? How have you measured up with your colleagues in the Western world? It's always easy for us to attack others when we feel we're free of blames but at the end, you aren't any different.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: Microbiology And Biochemistry Lecturers And Students Are Useless by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 23, 2020
pacino26:
Those of ya screaming no funds for research how about the private universities with a lot of fees yet no inventions? Abi that one na funds matter again?

Overhaul the entire curriculum to start with.

But on topic, I support the Op dem u-seless v well
What we are GOOD at na to dey SPONSOR BB NAIJA and TACHA useless shows.
You will see MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, INDOMIE, PZ, HONEYWELL, etc all sponsoring USELESS shows, meanwhile NO RESEARCH.

See How CHURCHES Litter every where for Naija, yet no church fit use their ANOINTED OIL that has been chasing Evil Spirits as HAND SANITIZER..

We never see anything.
Naaa now dem want review the SALARIES of MEDICAL DOCTORS in Nigeria.
Meanwhile the Country has lost a lot of them to the Western countries.
By the way, Which MARKET these DOCTORS want go...?
The CLOSED ONES abiiii.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Law University In Nigeria / How South Africa Elections Counting Ensures Transparency (PICS) / Hottest Fast Growing Dude In University Of Benin.....

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.