Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Ovation Magazine Website Sucks Cock! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ovation Magazine Website Sucks Cock! (1444 Views)

Why PHP Sucks / Why Responsive Design Sucks And Reduces The Mobile Friendliness Of Your Site. / Arvixe Virtual Private Server (VPS) sucks | reviews of their VPS CLASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ovation Magazine Website Sucks Cock! by kris(m): 10:59am On Jan 07, 2011
In my search for a Nigerian magazine to advertise www.sexynaija.com on, I came to the website of Ovation magazine www.ovationinternational.com

Man, how can a company with the funds to build a real site, settle for such a thing? And I'm pretty sure they paid good money for it too.

They have these badly done flash animations all over. Color combination is wack. Design Wack. Na wa o!!!

I'm sure there are many people here on nairaland that can do a better job, but they give it to someone just 'cause they have connection.

The Copyright © at the bottom says 2010, but really that site is stuck in 1995.
Re: Ovation Magazine Website Sucks Cock! by freeman191(m): 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2011
Men, i had to wear dark glasses to view the site, even though the designer did a horrible job, at least the client that approved the quality of the job should be held responsible, because a website is a reflection of your brand and image, and you must protect it. Well its shows Ovation Magazine needs to employ a brand consultant
Re: Ovation Magazine Website Sucks Cock! by yawatide(f): 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
Are you just now finding out about the site?

At the risk of sounding like I support them (and I don't), it actually looks better than what it used to look like, going back to 2005. Even the webmaster lists a yahoo account as his email address. That should pretty much say it all.

I too don't want to buy that they shelled out good money for it. It wreaks of cronyism with very low pay to boot. Furthermore, it tells me, though I could be wrong, that they don't have any serious competition 'cause I know for sure that if I were to have come upon this site first, before seeing the actual magazine, I would never spend my advertising money with them.
Re: Ovation Magazine Website Sucks Cock! by kris(m): 3:14am On Jan 08, 2011
Yes, I just found out about the site.

Exactly! The client saw it and said in Steve Ballmer's voice "I like it, I like it a lot!".

lol
Re: Ovation Magazine Website Sucks Cock! by yawatide(f): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2011
Wow! I need to hook up with your client tongue

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Latest Football Scores Online / Get Very Cheap Domains / Need Adsense? We Post For You, We Apply, We Get Approval, You Pay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.