Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform (1445 Views)

What Is The Cost Of Designing A Website? / Designing A Website: For Beginners / Cost of Designing & Hosting a Web Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by livapul86(m): 11:02am On Apr 23, 2012
Good day guys, am in need of your wise counsel. I have this business that is in need of a website that has the right security to support an online payment system.
Please, am supposed to meet my financial backers later this week, so I really need details on the Cost of setup. I would greatly love a good breakdown of the cost, to help me in my interaction with my backers.

Thank you
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by livapul86(m): 11:54am On Apr 23, 2012
Please Guys, am still here.
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by yamakuza: 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2012
From N5k to N250k and beyond.

Security depends on the server/company hosting you, and the programmer designing your site.

You cant really put a price on it. Just tell your developer your budget and emphasize on the security aspect, lets see what s/he comes up with.
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by livapul86(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2012
@Yamakuza: Thanks for the response.
Please, are you aware if my website need to get a sort of approval or validation from Interswitch before online payments can be effected?
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by yamakuza: 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2012
livapul86: @Yamakuza: Thanks for the response.
Please, are you aware if my website need to get a sort of approval or validation from Interswitch before online payments can be effected?

yes, the part of your website that handles payment and order fulfilment has to meet some specifications your payment processor will provide.

Its up to your web developer to meet those requirements.
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by livapul86(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2012
^
Thanks, for the insight.
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by yamakuza: 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
livapul86: ^
Thanks, for the insight.

Anytime!

Has s/he given you a cost/estimate?
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by livapul86(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
^
Am yet to meet the developer. Got to make sure my financial backers are on the same page with me.
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by yamakuza: 7:55pm On Apr 24, 2012
livapul86: ^
Am yet to meet the developer. Got to make sure my financial backers are on the same page with me.

so, what price will you tell/give them?
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by pmatrixr2: 2:00am On Apr 25, 2012
Web developes here with Php, asp, asp.net, jquery and ajax
Met me here
http://trimer247.org
Or 07033795212
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by livapul86(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2012
yamakuza:

so, what price will you tell/give them?

Am hoping to tell them something in the range of 300k. Hopefully, they won't SCREAM.
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by Slyr0x: 9:04am On Apr 25, 2012
^^^ Make sure you break the amount down to them. .
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by livapul86(m): 10:39am On Apr 25, 2012
Slyr0x: ^^^ Make sure you break the amount down to them. .
Guy, is like you can read my mind. My single biggest challenge is a clear-cut breakdown. To be very sincere, i have limited knowledge of the nuances used in website development. I would appreciate if you could break it down a bit more on this thread.
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by yamakuza: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2012
livapul86:
Am hoping to tell them something in the range of 300k. Hopefully, they won't SCREAM.

remember i told you it can cost anywhere from N5k and above?

Well, check the Wemaster created somewhere on this thread:

www.nairaland.com/916195

you will see a sample proposal there with cost elements. Just slot in your own figures/budget.

The problem i foresee with that approach is that when you are ready to engage, people here will hammer you price now that they have an idea how deep your pocket is.

It is better you ask 1 or 2 developers to mail you their bids/proposals now with cost breakdown, with the understanding that its not a sure deal.

That way when you meet your investors, the figures you submit will be more realistic.
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by livapul86(m): 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2012
yamakuza:

remember i told you it can cost anywhere from N5k and above?

Well, check the Wemaster created somewhere on this thread:

www.nairaland.com/916195

you will see a sample proposal there with cost elements. Just slot in your own figures/budget.

The problem i foresee with that approach is that when you are ready to engage, people here will hammer you price now that they have an idea how deep your pocket is.

It is better you ask 1 or 2 developers to mail you their bids/proposals now with cost breakdown, with the understanding that its not a sure deal.

That way when you meet your investors, the figures you submit will be more realistic.
Nice and informed perspective to it. When i get the all clear from my backers, i would utilise your wise counsel and seek out the credible developers.

Thanks!
Re: Cost Of Designing A Website With Online Payment Platform by ilekky(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2012
From N5k to N250k and beyond.

Security depends on the server/company hosting you, and the programmer designing your site.

You cant really put a price on it. Just tell your developer your budget and emphasize on the security aspect, lets see what he/she comes up with.

Yes, its right.

(1) (Reply)

Gtb Mobile App For Android:procedures / Web Services At Cheap Price / Is There A Way To Convert PHP To Exe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.