Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? (4085 Views)

Android Market: Download Firefox For Android Phones (2.1 And Above) For Free! / Itunes Store, Android Market, Nokia Ovi Store & Blackberry App World In Nigeria / Naijapapers - Latest Android App On The Android Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by lumzi23: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2011
The reason I am asking this is because I looking to purchase my very first smartphone in the not too distant future. I have ruled out the Iphone (even though it would have been my first choice otherwise) because the app store is not available in Nigeria. That being the case I have decided to go with an android phone, specifically the Samsung i9000 Galaxy S (or the i9200 Galaxy S2 if it comes out in time).

So, is the Android Market available in Nigeria (without jailbreaking or other such activities) or is it a lost cause. If it is not availabe I might just stick with something like a Blackberry. It would be a shame of course. Even my experience with my recently purchased iPod Touch has made me hungry for this touch thing.
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2011
Yes it's available in naija
i saw an advert on a sony ericsson android fone on these "BRT" buses in lagos
. . . . and there's a "GTBank" app in Android market
So i guess its now available
Cheers wink
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by lumzi23: 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2011
Thanks, man. cheesy That's all I wanted to know.
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by DoubleN(m): 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
Very very available. Rocking it on mine. wink
lynxnoon:

Yes it's available in naija
i saw an advert on a sony ericsson android fone on these "BRT" buses in lagos
. . . . and there's a "GTBank" app in Android market
So i guess its now available
Cheers wink
Oga Lynx,how far?
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by lumzi23: 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2011
Double N:

Very very available. Rocking it on mine. winkOga Lynx,how far?

Thabks man.
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by initialize(m): 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2011
@lumi
i av d samsung galaxy i9000 for sale for 70k. call 08080762473 if interested
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by Bossman(m): 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2011
wow! I was not aware that the app store is not available in Nigeria. So, using the iphone there certainly has some limitations.
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by lumzi23: 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2011
Bossman:

wow! I was not aware that the app store is not available in Nigeria. So, using the iphone there certainly has some limitations.

Yeah it is available in place like Niger but no Nigeria.
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by omafones: 11:06am On Jan 14, 2011
@Lumiz123 how now long time!!! iTunes is not available officially in Nigeria but if you have a credit card you can register for iTunes and download directly to iPhone or iTouch, they're some simple workarounds which some of our customers have already used on their iPads, iTouch and iPhones in Nigeria. contact me for more info.

Android is pretty universal and unlike Apple, Google is always keen to make their products easily accessible to the whole world.

For android phones I suggest you try HTC phones for Android or Samsung - choose carefully so many to chose from.
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by bily(m): 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2011
Double N:

Very very available. Rocking it on mine. winkOga Lynx,how far?

is it really avilable as in we can purchase paid apps with our naija issued credit cards? or we jusr have acess 2 free apps
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by hammer07: 1:31am On Feb 26, 2011
are sony Ericsson androids good?looking to buy one.
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2011
hello guys,
I just got a galaxy S and am having challenges connecting to the internet through GPRS - no WIFI or 3G at my current location

MTN settings do not load automatically, sending settings to 3888 also does'nt work.
Can it be configured manually or I should try using other networks?
ANYone who knows the APN settings should avail me,
Also will be manual settings not affect its performance,

Thank you,
Counting on your responses Nairalander
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by hammer07: 11:50am On Mar 05, 2011
@baba bosun, try using other networks and check if any installs settings automatically.if none does then go to the nearest MTN center for manual configuration.
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by Mobinga: 11:36am On Dec 11, 2011
It's available!
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by justiceigo: 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
I am a Nigerian living in Asia. I have the mind of Shipping android tablets to Nigeria. The company trying to produce them for me have their head office in China and Singapore. Please is anyone out there who have an idea about how the tablet business is going now in Nigeria? The one I have in mind will be cheap and durable. Please I need your advice on what to do. Just give me your candid opinion as every advice you give me, will help me whether its positive or negative. Mine is going to be high quality .
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by twicenoni(m): 5:24am On Sep 04, 2012
justiceigo: I am a Nigerian living in Asia. I have the mind of Shipping android tablets to Nigeria. The company trying to produce them for me have their head office in China and Singapore. Please is anyone out there who have an idea about how the tablet business is going now in Nigeria? The one I have in mind will be cheap and durable. Please I need your advice on what to do. Just give me your candid opinion as every advice you give me, will help me whether its positive or negative. Mine is going to be high quality .
yes its selling fast now mostly galaxy tab
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by MissBEdazzle: 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
I know it's been so long since someone posted here, but I really need advice. I want to purchase an android phone but I don't know if it's really usable in nigeria. Don't wanna have issues with configuration and excessive charges for internet subscription and am already so sick of the blackbeRry brand. Would appreciate any input. Thanks
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by walcolm(m): 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
Miss_BEdazzle!:
I know it's been so long since someone posted here, but I really need advice. I want to purchase an android phone but I don't know if it's really usable in nigeria. Don't wanna have issues with configuration and excessive charges for internet subscription and am already so sick of the blackbeRry brand. Would appreciate any input. Thanks

almost every tom, dick and harry with smartphone in Naija that is not BB or iPhone is on android
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by Dara216(f): 9:43am On Nov 23, 2012
Miss_BEdazzle!:
whn u get the android phone,the best way to enjiy ur fone is by activatibg airtel bis in it.its 1gb/month at 1.2k(pocket friendly at well).there r other bundles wt etisalat and glo startig frm 5k upwards shq
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by MissBEdazzle: 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
Thanks Dara213
Re: Is The Android Market Available In Nigeria? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
Dara216: whn u get the android phone,the best way to enjiy ur fone is by activatibg airtel bis in it.its 1gb/month at 1.2k(pocket friendly at well).there r other bundles wt etisalat and glo startig frm 5k upwards shq
Nne pls give me a step-by-step guide abeg. I loaded my Airtel line in my Samsung fone and sent the shortcode for 1 month BIS subscription. 1,400 was deducted sharpally but I still cant browse without them having to charge my credit. It's very frustrating because their customer care line is totally non-existent. My money is just about to go down the drain.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Pictures Of Nokia 3310 / Airtel Cancels 200 Naira For 1.5gb Night Plan. / Globe On Opera Mod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.