Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (Webmaster Edition) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (Webmaster Edition) (725 Views)

Ojaoluwaweb Is A Big Scam I Fell For Their Trick, Don't Be A Victim / Scam Alert!!! Don't Be A Victim (exposed Scammers) / Help On The Template A Blog Is Using pls webmaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (Webmaster Edition) by Sanchez01: 2:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
Dear Webmasters, I have taken it upon myself to be the antiscam ambassador of the webmaster section, all thanks to the beehive activities of scammers in the section of the forum.

Purpose of the thread

To, as much as possible, reveal scammers who are planning on defrauding, have defrauded and are still planning on doing so on the forum, particularly in the webmaster section. Also, to help save newbie webmasters from being taken advantage of by these heartless folks. Most importantly, to purge the webmaster's section and return it to its glory days.

What you should know

1. This thread will only work if victims of scams in this section come out WITH PROOFS.
2. There are trusted service providers in this section of the esteemed forum.
3. Just as the above, there are opportunists, willing and hoping to prey on people by tricking them into parting with their monies.
4. This thread will serve as a 'heads up' to naive folks hoping to meet true service providers.
5. This thread will not be used as a reputation tarnishing platform and moderators will be duly carried along as it moves.

How to prevent yourself from being scammed

1. Do not look for ridiculously cheap services. Scammers will take advantage of you.
2. Do not attempt or hope to buy premium tools, themes, plugins, or scripts at ridiculously cheap amounts. The cheapest premium theme, scripts costs about $49-$80 (N19,103-N31,000). No true person will sell a theme he/she genuinely bought directly from a vendor for N500.
3. If you are buying a theme, script or plugin, ask the seller for (a) screenshot(s) of his marketplace dashboard, indicating purchase of the theme, script or plugin.
4. Avoid sellers who have 'every theme, script, or plugin'. They likely source them from popular nulled websites and such are most likely laced with worms (malwares), backdoor viruses that could have your website, app or whatever hacked and hijacked.
5. ALWAYS search a service provider/seller's number using the Nairaland search feature at the top of the page or paste such numbers on Google. Some sellers who have been busted in the time past resurrected newer monikers to do their businesses - IDENTITY RESEARCH.
6. ASK QUESTIONS from the seller/service provider. If his or her responses are given privately via emails or WhatsApp, ensure to probe further before agreeing to do business with them.
6. Endeavour to use an escrow when transacting.
7. Avoiding buying or transacting with newly registered handles.
8. Avoid people who tell you to send money first before handing something to you. Escrow should be used in situations like this.

How to properly report a scam

1. Detail how you suspected or realized you have been scammed.
2. Always share screenshots and responses between you and the other person while observing number 1.
3. If you've paid for a service or anything, kindly include the account name as well as the account number.
4. If you sense you are being bullied by anyone you report, always call the attention of Dominique.

It is not enough to say you've been scammed without proof.

List of Scammers so far...

1. Nairaland Username: SmartzNation
Phone No.: +234-08106267042
Office Address: 3B, Ajayi Street, Ikorodu, Lagos
Facebook Profile: https://web.facebook.com/AbiodunIsaiahOdunayo
Bank account number(s):?
Scams: Failed to refund a Nairalander (Thomasina) for SEO services not rendered, duped someone in 2017 of PayPal funds.

2. Nairaland Usernames: PrinceOgun, Edonation, Wuzzytech, CooperJay, TeamPacific, SicilianMafia, FiverrZlatan, KingOvoramwen1, BornStunner1, Oja44
Bank Accounts: 3043486725 and 0082600502 (FBN and Diamond respectively)
Phone Number: 08167756333
Scams: Sell nulled themes, scripts and plugins claiming to have been bought from the original owners; claims to own bot crawlers
Email Address: pacificnetng@gmail.com

3. Name: Olaniyi Joshua
Account Details: 0733422230 (Acess Bank)

Scam: Promised to sell AdSense account but blocked omoawolumate after receiving payment.

The list will increase with time. If you have been scammed by anyone in this section, kindly detail or post a link containing details of the scam.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (Webmaster Edition) by Sanchez01: 2:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
Thomasina, I'm sure you paid into an account, kindly share the account details, phone numbers and other details of SmartzNation here.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (Webmaster Edition) by Oja44: 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
You are opening threads to fight your percieved enemies when you are a known scammer and spammer on nairaland?

Found this about you

BE CAREFULL OF THIS SCAMMER CALLED SANCHEZ01

Sanchez01Scam:
SCAMMER!!!!!! ALERT!!

Werber aka SANCHEZ01 also known as SMARTZNATION

CRIME : SCAMMED AN INNOCENT NAIRALANDER THOMASINA OF 55K ONTOP FAKE SEO AND KEEPS SCAMMING INNOCENT NAIRALANDERS WITH SEO SERVICES HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT

THREAD: https://www.nairaland.com/5803164/sygnifik.com-scam-seo-website-beware

Tribe : URHOBO

Course of Study : Studied Language Arts, print media experience

School : College of education in the creeks of delta

Other Known Occupation : Notorious Pipeline Vandalizer (DECLARED WANTED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT)

Cloudfare IP: 104.24.111.125

Origin Of HIS mother : Okpara Inland
Origin of his father :Agbarho Ughelli

WEBSITES: nigerianwiki.xyz

Email : nigerianwiki247@gmail.com

I NOR TELL YOU SAY I GO GET YOU?

sanchez01 !!

The fact that you have been pasting imaginary non existent details of me that I never even acknowledged them says alot grin Unlike you Sanchez01 who is running pillar to post trying to deny he owns... Wait make I refresh your Scammer memory with the latest addition

The website is so known for scamming that it is already blacklisted on Nairaland I couldn't even post the link even the anti spam bot knows it is a worthless piece of shittt

Re: SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (Webmaster Edition) by Sanchez01: 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hello, Dominique, your attention is needed here, please. Thank you.

Also mentioning webmaster moderators.

adewasco2k, Slyr0x
Re: SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (Webmaster Edition) by Oja44: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
Dominique Adewasko2k the sole purpose of this thread is to fight his percieved enemies and falls nicely into the blackmail category

Now Watch him accuse me of been someone i am not just because i said the truth ...smh
Re: SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (Webmaster Edition) by FatherBona: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
Omotosho Tomiwa Stephen
Gtbank

Please add this fool to that list, Ayomide Omotosho Stephen, one of them bet9ja scammers.

https://www.nairaland.com/5784512/must-watch-earn-daily-bet9ja
Re: SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (Webmaster Edition) by dominique(f): 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Report all fraudulent activity on the scam alert thread on the business section

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1)

Large Facebook Groups For Sale 355k And 442k Very Active / What Is Happening To Glo Network / We Need A Young Experienced Webdesigner-lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.