Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android (2594 Views)

Falcon Supernova iPhone 6 Pink Diamond: The Most Expensive Cell Phone In World / How To Check If A Used Iphone Has Been Repaired With Fake Or Original Parts / Nigeria Has ‘Most Expensive’ Internet Globally, Surfshark Press Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by fail: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Apple has updated the little iPhone SE for 2020, and even an Android fan has to see that it's a great phone at an even greater price of $399 for the base model. It's essentially an iPhone 8 with one big difference: it has Apple's A13 Bionic chip buried inside. And that's a big deal for a number of reasons.

I expect that some people are going to tell me about single thread versus multi-threaded performance and how the A13 GPU isn't that great or how iPhones have much lower resolution screens so the chips don't have to work as hard. All this is true, but another thing is true: the A13 is a stronger chip than the Snapdragon 865 for daily use in every category — we've seen this applied in real life in the iPhone 11 already. The only area it misses out is 5G, and that's because Apple just doesn't care about 5G yet. (The rumored iPhone 12 will almost certainly have a Qualcomm 5G chipset inside, for what it's worth.)

Nerdy things like CPU threads aside, you'll notice how well the new iPhone SE performs when you use it. Everything in a modern smartphone from web browsing to camera performance to less-used things like AR depends on the processor. You need to crunch numbers really fast if you want your phone to respond really fast. The $399 iPhone SE will be able to do these things faster than the new OnePlus 8 Pro or the Samsung Galaxy S20+.

Source: https://www.androidcentral.com/cheapest-iphone-has-more-powerful-processor-most-expensive-android-phone?amp
Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by ikh777: 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
fail:
Apple has updated the little iPhone SE for 2020, and even an Android fan has to see that it's a great phone at an even greater price of $399 for the base model. It's essentially an iPhone 8 with one big difference: it has Apple's A13 Bionic chip buried inside. And that's a big deal for a number of reasons.

I expect that some people are going to tell me about single thread versus multi-threaded performance and how the A13 GPU isn't that great or how iPhones have much lower resolution screens so the chips don't have to work as hard. All this is true, but another thing is true: the A13 is a stronger chip than the Snapdragon 865 for daily use in every category — we've seen this applied in real life in the iPhone 11 already. The only area it misses out is 5G, and that's because Apple just doesn't care about 5G yet. (The rumored iPhone 12 will almost certainly have a Qualcomm 5G chipset inside, for what it's worth.)

Nerdy things like CPU threads aside, you'll notice how well the new iPhone SE performs when you use it. Everything in a modern smartphone from web browsing to camera performance to less-used things like AR depends on the processor. You need to crunch numbers really fast if you want your phone to respond really fast. The $399 iPhone SE will be able to do these things faster than the new OnePlus 8 Pro or the Samsung Galaxy S20+.

Source: https://www.androidcentral.com/cheapest-iphone-has-more-powerful-processor-most-expensive-android-phone?amp

YES. it has more POWER OF IGNORANCE than the most expensive android....

Like you are not aware that android can do MORE in every capacity than IOS.

Besides, check google and you will see that they have been exposed already, whenever a new IPHONE comes out, the previous ones are SLOWED DOWN DELIBERATELY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by fail: 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
ikh777:

YES. it has more POWER OF IGNORANCE than the most expensive android....

Like you are not aware that android can do MORE in every capacity than IOS.

Besides, check google and you will see that they have been exposed already, whenever a new IPHONE comes out, the previous ones are SLOWED DOWN DELIBERATELY
Oga we are talking about processor please.
Snapdragon has failed and Android should look for a better processor.
If u read the post they also talk about multi threading

2 Likes

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by Kingsean(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
fail:

Hmmm u added "ed'' to your moniker. Who told u snapdragon has failed? Stop saying things that are unverified. That processor in Iphone SE can't compete with snapdragon855+. U better stop posting what u don't know. If u wanna know just check the total benchmark score for both processors. Post it here and lets see. You think Apple would be foolish enough to give a powerful processor at a cheap price?

2 Likes

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by Babapyro: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kingsean:

Hmmm u added "ed'' to your moniker. Who told u snapdragon has failed? Stop saying things that are unverified. That processor in Iphone SE can't compete with snapdragon855+. U better stop posting what u don't know. If u wanna know just check the total benchmark score for both processors. Post it here and lets see. You think Apple would be foolish enough to give a powerful processor at a cheap price?
The guy is obviously an Android hater, but in reality the A13 bionic is faster than snapdragon 865 not to talk of 855+.but the a13 inside the SE might be under clocked.

3 Likes

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by Kingsean(m): 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
Babapyro:

The guy is obviously an Android hater, but in reality the A13 bionic is faster than snapdragon 865 not to talk of 855+.but the a13 inside the SE might be under clocked.

Yeah he's a hater. Infact see this: Currently, the most powerful smartphone at AnTuTu is Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (12/256 GB) with 559,781 while the iPhone 11 Pro scored 455,452, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max scored 462,098.
Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by GraGra247(m): 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
@fail "...I expect that some people are going to tell me about single thread versus multi-threaded performance and how the A13 GPU isn't that great or how iPhones have much lower resolution screens so the chips don't have to work as hard. All this is true..."

Op, You fully acknowledged but downplayed the above very significant reality.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by photon3106: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
OP, I often wonder what posters of similar topics as yours stand to gain with misleading articles.

Even if Apple tells you that there exists a chipset more powerful than the SD 855( ) and that a new Iphone retailing at sub400usd will be featuring this chipset, it is common sense to take this claim with a pinch of salt.

You're emphasizing on multi threading. If you truely understand how multi threading works, how much cores the Bionic chip has and the number of efficient cores on the 855 alone, then you won't be talking about threading in the first place.

The difference between Apple's latest offering and Snapdragon's lies in the devices featuring each chipset.

I can tell you this, put android on a hardware with the B.chipset and watch performance drop below average. Likewise, the SD 855 when made to power an iOS. So B.chipset is simply made for iOS. (This you boldly acknowledge in your post)

If you doubt this, ask yourself. Why aren't notable brands patronizing Apple for their proprietary ALL Powerful chipset or Apple tagged them 'NOT FOR SALE'?

Snapdragon 855 or 855 is really more than what you think it is.

2 Likes

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by obinna58(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kingsean:

Yeah he's a hater. Infact see this: Currently, the most powerful smartphone at AnTuTu is Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (12/256 GB) with 559,781 while the iPhone 11 Pro scored 455,452, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max scored 462,098.
Power and performance
Most powerful S20
Fastest chipset bionic A13

I'll choose s20 though
Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by Deflames01(m): 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
No matter how you advertise apple products. It cannot impress me. Android rocks anytime anyday anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by AmosAkins: 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
fail:

Snapdragon hasn't failed angry angry undecided undecided
Why don't u go make urs... tongue
The limitation of Android is where iOS succeeds
Besides
What can an iPhone 11 do that a flagship Android cannot do?
Yes
The A13 is the fastest processor or whateva. Which damn application on this earth can use up to 90% of the processing power of an SD855
Besides.... An Android phones offers your tweak able parameters.. Which makes u feel like a developer.. iPhone doesn't have that

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by pacespot(m): 10:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
But for shortage of apps, I will love to use iPhone for business soon, I run a data heavy business on my phone.
Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by SolomonProsperi(m): 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
STAY AT HOME AND LEARN

I can show you a way to get paid Udemy courses for free!!

If you are interested, Whatsapp "Interested" to
0702 609 4923

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by DaInferno(m): 12:57am On Apr 24, 2020
AmosAkins:

Snapdragon hasn't failed angry angry undecided undecided
Why don't u go make urs... tongue
The limitation of Android is where iOS succeeds
Besides
What can an iPhone 11 do that a flagship Android cannot do?
Yes
The A13 is the fastest processor or whateva. Which damn application on this earth can use up to 90% of the processing power of an SD855
Besides.... An Android phones offers your tweak able parameters.. Which makes u feel like a developer.. iPhone doesn't have that
bell brilliant!

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by olabodejinad: 1:14am On Apr 24, 2020
fail:

you must be out of your mind, Snapdragon 865 is better than the bionic A13 chip. Even at so, the iPhone se2 has an LCD panel display at basic HD resolution
Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by DriggityDre: 3:27am On Apr 24, 2020
ikh777:

Whenever a new IPHONE comes out, the previous ones are SLOWED DOWN DELIBERATELY

Kindly explain. With facts please.
Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by DrayZee: 3:45am On Apr 24, 2020
DriggityDre:

Apple slows down older devices, they admitted to doing it. Look it up.
Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by BenDanor(m): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
What has always made iPhones seem faster than most flagship android phones is the fluidity of the iOS animations which now have been countered by Android 10. Meanwhile, the Snapdragon processor 855+ has a higher AnTuTu benchmark. Get the point?

Modified: Snapdragon 865 plus
Re: Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android by AmosAkins: 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
DriggityDre:

I don't know about facts
But they dish out updates on the former phones
These system software updates may require higher specs
So imagine running a software which require a higher hardware
it will cause the phone to slow down
Just saying

(1) (Reply)

My First Iphone; Which One Should I Go For Between Iphone 7+ And 8+ / I Used My Phone To Control My Dad's Laptop, He Did Not Know / My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.