Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,578 members, 7,850,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:34 AM

Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial (109105 Views)

15-Year-Old Indian Injected Her Boyfriend's HIV Positive Blood To Prove Her Love / First Volunteer In UK Coronavirus Vaccine Trial Has Died / Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Mace0lane: 10:52am On Apr 24, 2020
None that have heard of

honeyB2018:

You got wrong. Science and technology, as much as they have tried, are yet to find all solution to man's need, including your so called knowledge based economy.
But God still remains the ultimate power and source of all wisdom and knowledge, which he in bestows to men including the pastors.

Domdva

I don't know why people like you, love to take a swipe at the pastors, when they have not been given opportunity to demonstrates their God given power over Covid 19.
Pastors were asked to close down their churches, those who dare to open them are, harassed, arrested, taken to courts and are fined. So why blame and castigate them?
By the way, are there not medical conditions, that are beyond science, technology medication, that God by these lampooned pastors have healed in the past?
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Etinosa1234: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2020
Nuel4:
does it cure it?
Everybody in the world still dread HIV. You have nothing to tell me. I've taken truveda before. People might tell you shiit online about how HIV is not a death sentence bla bla bla but tell that crush of yours that you have HIV but it is under control and see if she will still have sex with you.
You know what? This "conspiracy theory" label is how they successfully prevent you people from thinking.
I'm hardly religious

Simply put,...U don't know what ARV drugs are??

ARV drugs boost ur immune system to fight the virus to a point that it becomes undetectable..

The reason the girl might be afraid is because she still stigmatise pple that have the virus and is not educated abt it...Some pple even think there is no drug for it..(like u sha ) .When the ARV drugs fight the virus to a state that it becomes undetectable..it cannot be transmitted (bet u don't know that)

conspiracy theory labellol...

Can u prove to what u mean by "powers that be" otherwise...it's just another baseless conspiracy theory..

it's not like u found the cure and they prevented u from making it global..

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Etinosa1234: 10:55am On Apr 24, 2020
ifko:
The message is clear MuMu atheist
it's not clear bro...
U should have just written it in Yoruba
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Nairalandmonika: 10:55am On Apr 24, 2020
honeyB2018:

You got wrong. Science and technology, as much as they have tried, are yet to find all solution to man's need, including your so called knowledge based economy.
But God still remains the ultimate power and source of all wisdom and knowledge, which he in bestows to men including the pastors.

Domdva

I don't know why people like you, love to take a swipe at the pastors, when they have not been given opportunity to demonstrates their God given power over Covid 19.
Pastors were asked to close down their churches, those who dare to open them are, harassed, arrested, taken to courts and are fined. So why blame and castigate them?
By the way, are there not medical conditions, that are beyond science, technology medication, that God by these lampooned pastors have healed in the past?
So na only inside church pastor fit perform miracle?
He cannot perform miracle from his house.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by baralatie(m): 10:56am On Apr 24, 2020
ooohoo:

Joshson & Johnson is not the only company making attempts to develop a vaccine. Pfizer in conjunction with BioNTech (a German company) and Gilead sciences (which so far have had successful trial results) are leading the pack.

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-intl-04-17-20/h_a514206d2543ecb2216db4a512ddfc1b
Gilead has issues and should not be considered.Pfizer has not come out it only signified its developing vaccine and has the same timeline as Johnson and Johnson (2021)
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by willyben(m): 10:56am On Apr 24, 2020
The greatest miracles on earth is salvation of ur soul, so pls let's be guided
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by sotall(m): 11:00am On Apr 24, 2020
freetheking:
This are the set of people that ask Jesus to save himself if he is really the son of God.

Go and read your bible.

Even Jesus did several miracles including raising the dead so the people will believe.

So many of Jesus miracles were to convince people he was real.

He even told the disciples " Ye will do greater works than these"

From the look of things, it is quite evident, the God of the bible is quite different from the one you lots are calling.

Copy-copy no easy
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 24, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Simply put,...U don't know what ARV drugs are??

ARV drugs boost ur immune system to fight the virus to a point that it becomes undetectable..

The reason the girl might be afraid is because she still stigmatise pple that have the virus and is not educated abt it...Some pple even think there is no drug for it..(like u sha ) .When the ARV drugs fight the virus to a state that it becomes undetectable..it cannot be transmitted (bet u don't know that)

conspiracy theory labellol...

Can u prove to what u mean by "powers that be" otherwise...it's just another baseless conspiracy theory..

it's not like u found the cure and they prevented u from making it global..

I just told you I have taken Truveda in the past and you are still telling me I don't know what ARV is. You see people like you like to form woke but in reality you don't know jack. Everybody in this world stigmatise HIV positive people. the support you see online are just audio. 99.9% of All those people you see supporting HIV patients will never want to have anything to do with them in real life. Go to hospital, tell a nurse you want to do HIV test and look at her facial expressions even before the results come out. She will later give you audio support on how HIV is not the end of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:01am On Apr 24, 2020
sammyj:
If UK get this vaccine sorted out first . Then the Americans and the Chinese will have a lot to loose!! The world power might to UK if care is not taken as everyone will look towards them! shocked

No country ever became a world power by discovering vaccines.

If the vaccine works, the scientist or scientists involved would get this year's Nobel Prize for Medicine.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Ajsmart(m): 11:05am On Apr 24, 2020
So, the vaccine was developed using a weakened version of a CHIMPANZEE’s common cold virus. In other words, those vaccinated will carry Chimpanzee’s micro components.

Europeans and their fixation with apes and monkeys, smh!

Waiting for the “man evolved from monkey” crew in 1, 2, .....
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Nairalandmonika: 11:06am On Apr 24, 2020
baralatie:

you are minding Johnson and Johnson.they said theirs will be next year 2021.I was like ehn!
China I don't understand but since they instructed their scientists and medics not to publish research on covid 19 without approval.the motivation in China got lost
Even this vaccine they are testing now, it will take a yr b4 any approval is done, US n china has started testing vaccine since last month.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Fulcrum15: 11:06am On Apr 24, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] Rubbish and baseless
U re ignorant.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by anochuko01(m): 11:07am On Apr 24, 2020
honeyB2018:

Science and technology is yet to find cure for HIV, Epilepsy, Cancer etc, but God through the pastors, with prayers said in Jesus name have brought about healing to these
Science and technology have not explained to us, how a woman who has gone past her age of child bearing, will still take in and bear children.
Science and technology has failed to explain to us, how a woman, without a womb will still be mother of children. These and many more has God through the pastors have done.

God is also the one doing things through scientists.
When you understand this, you'll stop the arguments about scientists and pastors.

Imagine science hadn't found out cure for malaria...

Don't allow pastors deceive into believing they're the all in all, and don't allow scientist deceive you about them being the all in all.

It's God's ability that's working in and through everyone of them.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by am4truth(m): 11:08am On Apr 24, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Poor man! Yes! You are very poor. From your comment, I see you are really poor.

How on earth did these so called men of God brainwash you that you can't see for yourself.

Religion is truly a tool to enslave you guys.

Hmmmmm. I am grateful to God for his faithfulness over my life and family.
I pray that your pride does not destroy you. I pity your parents if you still have them.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Etinosa1234: 11:09am On Apr 24, 2020
Nuel4:
I just told you I have taken Truveda in the past and you are still telling me I don't know what ARV is. You see people like you like to form woke but in reality you don't know jack. Everybody in this world stigmatise HIV positive people. the support you see online are just audio. 99.9% of All those people you see supporting HIV patients will never want to have anything to do with them in real life. Go to hospital, tell a nurse you want to do HIV test and look at her facial expressions even before the results come out. She will later give you audio support on how HIV is not the end of the world.

Yeye talk... audio

nor be mouth dem go take use encourage people that believe HIV is a death sentence

if u have hiv and u take the ARV drugs it will become undetectable...

HIV is really not the end of the world and yunno it...

pls how many people have died of HIV despite using the ARV drugs

Beside I see how u dodged the conspiracy theory part

No proof leemaooo
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by baralatie(m): 11:09am On Apr 24, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Even this vaccine they are testing now, it will take a yr b4 any approval is done, US n china has started testing vaccine since last month.
it does not have to be a year.
ebola vaccine was not up to a year.it went straight to field
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by ooohoo: 11:09am On Apr 24, 2020
baralatie:

[b]Gilead has issues [/b]and should not be considered.[b]Pfizer has not come out it only signified its developing vaccine [/b]and has the same timeline as Johnson and Johnson (2021)

I used the phrase "making attempts" which means they are in the process, an ongoing effort, not that a certified vaccine is ready for the market. All entities mentioned are already or in the process of conducting human trials, which of course is one of the critical stages in getting a vaccine ready for the market.

[url]https://www.google.com/amp/s/wap.business-standard.com/article-amp/international/coronavirus-outbreak-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-cleared-for-human-tests-120042300041_1.html
[/url]

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/04/22/world/europe/22reuters-health-coronavirus-vaccine-biontech.html

Lest I forget, Moderna commenced human trial in March 2020, and I did not even mention them in my initial comment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/health/coronavirus-vaccine.amp.html

Aside this, if you don't mind, can you educate me on the issues Gilead is facing?
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Timijo(m): 11:10am On Apr 24, 2020
domDva:
This is the difference between knowledge based economy run in the West and Religion based economy run in Africa.

The funny thing is that even the miracle working pastors are also isolating and hoping for vaccine to be discovered by prayerless Westerners.

Wake up Africa wake up.
Everyone has their calling and we cannot pursue the same thing in this life. Allow the Westerns to paddle the canoe and let the Africans paddle theirs too.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Mjpem23(m): 11:11am On Apr 24, 2020
honeyB2018:

Domdva

They heal nothing but acting drama for you their audience. Okay!
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by SirLakes: 11:12am On Apr 24, 2020
Africans are waiting patiently for the vaccine.

Shame! grin
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Nairalandmonika: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2020
ooohoo:

Joshson & Johnson is not the only company making attempts to develop a vaccine. Pfizer in conjunction with BioNTech (a German company) and Gilead sciences (which so far have had successful trial results) are leading the pack.

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-intl-04-17-20/h_a514206d2543ecb2216db4a512ddfc1b
What Gilead is making is not a vaccine. They are modifying an antiviral drugs they made for Ebola to fight coronavirus. It's called remdesivir.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by SirLakes: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2020
Timijo:
Everyone has their calling and we cannot pursue the same thing in this life. Allow the Westerns to paddle the canoe and let the Africans paddle theirs too.

What canoe are we paddling?

Consumption Canoe grin
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by baralatie(m): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2020
ooohoo:

I used the phrase "making attempts" which means they are in the process, an ongoing effort, not that a certified vaccine is ready for the market. All entities mentioned are already or in the process of conducting human trials, which of course is one of the critical stages in getting a vaccine ready for the market.

[url]https://www.google.com/amp/s/wap.business-standard.com/article-amp/international/coronavirus-outbreak-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-cleared-for-human-tests-120042300041_1.html
[/url]

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/04/22/world/europe/22reuters-health-coronavirus-vaccine-biontech.html

Lest I forget, Moderna commenced human trial in March 2020, and I did not even mention them in my initial comment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/health/coronavirus-vaccine.amp.html

Aside this, if you don't mind, can you educate me on the issues Gilead is facing?
Gilead failed

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/gilead-coronavirus-drug-fails-trial-ft-200423174416180.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwihmqfH6YDpAhXP-KQKHdjhDSMQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3l38tKhTH0uGqtyr3BCM9l
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by ooohoo: 11:16am On Apr 24, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

What Gilead is making is not a vaccine. They are modifying an antiviral drugs they made for Ebola to fight coronavirus. It's called remdesivir.

You are right, I got "drug" and "vaccine" mixed up.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Yeye talk... audio

nor be mouth dem go take use encourage people that believe HIV is a death sentence

if u have hiv and u take the ARV drugs it will become undetectable...

HIV is really not the end of the world and yunno it...

pls how many people have died of HIV despite using the ARV drugs

Beside I see how u dodged the conspiracy theory part

No proof leemaooo
Nobody wants to have sex with an HIV positive person, that's the reality. Those ARV you are talking about have unexplainable side effects nobody wants to live with that so people naturally run away from HIV positive people.
so you don't know there are powerful billionaires in the world who claim the Earth will die in 12 years if we don't reduce population and stop using crude oil? It is tortuous arguing with you, I must admit.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Ojukwubucket(m): 11:17am On Apr 24, 2020
potent5:
May it be successful.

Iseh.
U spoil am when u added d "h"
Some Igbos should stop being foolish in d name of trying to be English
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Fulcrum15: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2020
honeyB2018:

Science and technology is yet to find cure for HIV, Epilepsy, Cancer etc, but God through the pastors, with prayers said in Jesus name have brought about healing to these
Science and technology have not explained to us, how a woman who has gone past her age of child bearing, will still take in and bear children.
Science and technology has failed to explain to us, how a woman, without a womb will still be mother of children. These and many more has God through the pastors have done.
Dubious claims. Oh Africa this back that is bent. Hmmm!!
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by davidswhales(m): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2020
olowo1995:

They are telling you the real fact, you call it rubbish I don't know why Africans choose to die on something that is isnt ours coz all this religion is not ours, it was brought in to Africa, I even detest the person that brought it to Africa...

We pray and hope for miracles while others strive to results. That why we are far far behind... Take a look at those who owns the religion how they live their life like a prisoner..

Nawa ooooo..... I tire for black man ooooo with black mentality and Black mind.. maybe that is why we don't flow in the normal way.

There's nothing real about the fact.. you see one needs to be very careful so as not to offend God.

We don't hope and pray for miracles. The reason why we can't do a thing in Africa or Nigeria is because of greed, selfishness and corruption as someone mentioned up thread.

I really don't understand why people always compare already developed countries with enough resources for Research and Development with African nations that are undeveloped because to me I don't think there's any nation that's developing in Africa except for SA, others including NG are underdeveloped.

We actually need to read and know things right in this country before we just say things honestly.

Their are false prophets and pastors we know that one, their are greedy and corrupt pastors yes we know that one but there are still few good ones among them.

I'm not a pastor /prophet person because I don't trust anyone except God bur then let's stop putting the blame on those who aren't responsible for the nations/ continent's downfall.
R&Development is the reason why we have refused to develop in Nigeria.
How much does FG allocate to education and R&Development hun? We have bunch of talented kids, guys, ladies out there but how will talent be discovered when all we do in this country is to loot. Can't you see how talented Nigerians are overseas?

A lot of them out there like Anthony Joshua( omo ijebu fun ara e) and others.
How many universities in Africa has half of what OXFORD has?
A country where 2% is being allocated to Education, please for Christ Sake what do you expect now? Do you know how much SA allocates to education alone? Please kindly find out.

Because every time na pastor every time na religion. If you have issues with men of God please know how to sort it out with them but please do not blame people for things they are not responsible for. GOD exists and he's powerful to do all things. Some men of God might be doing terrible things as a result of Greed but still there are few good people

RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IS WHAT BIRTHS SCIENCE&TECHNOLOGY but your leaders are busy looting money so don't expect anything @ all in this country.

Please find articles on Technology Policy to know why professors, universities can't do a thing in your country and even see how the so called westerners you think you love have contributed to the continent's downfall overtime.
Google: Solution to Mass Unemployment by Prof Francis Ogbimi and I know you will not talk like this ever again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by Yxxx: 11:19am On Apr 24, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] Rubbish and baseless

Don't be in a hurry to condemn the post.
I believe in God but truth be told this virus has exposed the church.
The early christians healed the sick but now what is happening?

Some of the church leaders have not groomed it's members on the power of God instead they focused on frivolous activities. Now see .

It is time for the church to rise and go back reconsider our ways.
There is power in God.we just have to discover it.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by BeStroNG(m): 11:20am On Apr 24, 2020
dokyOloye:
God bless the white man.

Blacks are only good at sex.Nancy Pelosi 2020 grin

May o. Sex and black magic.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by ooohoo: 11:21am On Apr 24, 2020
baralatie:

Gilead failed

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/gilead-coronavirus-drug-fails-trial-ft-200423174416180.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwihmqfH6YDpAhXP-KQKHdjhDSMQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3l38tKhTH0uGqtyr3BCM9l

Thanks for the update, I checked out the link; you are definitely right. Luckily, we have other pharmas across the globe making frantic efforts, right? I think there are about 3 or 4 active developments as at now, excluding Gilead's of course.
Re: Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial by dokyOloye: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2020
Oyiboman69:
did she say that?
No.
E be like na Trump talk am but I like Trump sha cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Benefits Of African Black Soap / Indonesian Teenager Impaled By Needlefish That Jumped Out Of Water (Graphic Pix) / 9 Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf - No 1 Will Suprise You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.