Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,630 members, 7,813,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 (1209 Views)

Baking Soda As A Prophylactic Against COVID-19 / See How Wesley Guild Hospital Staff Celebrated The Redeployment Of Their Leader / Ghanaian Nurse Vitiligo Sufferer: "Why My Mum Deserves Some Accolades" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Ajibade123(m): 11:49am On Apr 24, 2020
After three weeks of lockdown Ghana is the first African country to lift lockdown.

Ghana has demonstrated immense leadership by the following actions,

Ghana has conducted 68,591 Coronavirus tests. The second country in Africa to test such number of people. The first is South Africa and the third is Egypt.

As a result of the tests they found 1,042 cases, only 9 persons died and they had 99% recoveries.

Ghana used drones to transport test samples.

Ghana is also producing its own face masks, sanitizers, gloves, scrubs, gowns, head gears and personal protective equipments.

Ghana the West African country deserves to be celebrated.

10 Likes

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by archdon: 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
I am n I t sure why we should celebrate them. Ghana is the size of a state in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by archdon: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
I am not sure why we should celebrate them. Ghana is the size of a state in Nigeria. They certainly would not fare any better than Nigeria if they have (Ghana x 36) +1

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Nbote(m): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
archdon:
I am n I t sure why we should celebrate them. Ghana is the size of a state in Nigeria

Jus imagine d kind if irresponsible comment u are making.. So becos dey are d size of a state so what? Dey have tested 68000 ppl, and yet u want us to celebrate testing 8000 here in Nigeria. So how many of ur states here in Nigeria have tested 1/20 of what dey tested?

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Pleasant01: 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
99% recovery rate?..... only 99 have recovered out of the thousand infected..

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by edoairways: 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
archdon:
Forget size, Ghana did well. Lagos a small city couldn't achieve what Accra did

1 Like

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Ajibade123(m): 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
archdon:
can you imagine what you are saying Nigeria couldn't even boast of half of the amount of testing in Ghana
Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Acidosis(m): 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
99% recovery rate? This kind of rumour can only be found on Nairaland.

Only 99 people of the 1000+ active cases in Ghana have recovered. That's about 10% recovery rate.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by slimthugchimee2(m): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
Acidosis:

99% recovery rate? This kind of rumour can only be found on Nairaland.

Only 99 people of the 1000+ active cases in Ghana have recovered. That's about 10% recovery rate.

The kind of nonsense people see on nairaland shaa

I swear corona has exposed the amount of ignorance in this forum

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Noisyrians: 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
There is no one state in Nigeria that is bigger in size than Ghana. Name one state in Nigeria that is bigger than Ghana.

archdon:
I am not sure why we should celebrate them. Ghana is the size of a state in Nigeria. They certainly would not fare any better than Nigeria if they have (Ghana x 36) +1

1 Like

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Noisyrians: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
Rubbish! Give me one state in Nigeria that is as big as Ghana in geographical size. Name one.

archdon:

1 Like

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Noisyrians: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
You guys should leave a Ghana and Ghanaians alone! Abeg, face your front. Ghana this, Ghana that. Are we competing with you nigerians? Ghanaians are doing things to better their country and people, and all you nigerians do is to talk crap! Don’t you have enough issues in your country to talk about? Na wao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by BIGKemsey(m): 8:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
archdon:
You go school o undecided

1 Like

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Barrywilly(m): 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
Lagos is bigger than the whole of Ghana population wise. That's what he was saying
Noisyrians:
Rubbish! Give me one state in Nigeria that is as big as Ghana in geographical size. Name one.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Barrywilly:
Lagos is bigger than the whole of Ghana population wise. That's what he was saying

You're not correct...
Ghana has a population estimate of 31million(2020)... That's more than the population of Lagos and Oyo States put together....

1 Like

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Noisyrians: 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
Are you his spokesperson? By the way, what is the population of lagos? The population of lagos is 20 million, at most 25 million while Ghana’s population is 29/30 million. What are you talking about?

Barrywilly:

1 Like

Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Kennyfancy(m): 12:38am On Apr 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Ghana Deserves To Be Celebrated On Their Victory Against Covid-19 by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeria need to learn from Ghana in terms of rapid response and coordination

(1) (Reply)

Marijuana (igbo) Smoking And Cleansing Of Body System / Some Startling Facts About Bad Breath You Probably Didn't Know: / Of Xerostomia, Putrefaction And Bad Breath Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.