Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation (420 Views)

Little Things That Make You Gain Fat / Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria / Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation by Jitefarms: 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
It’s the Isolation period, Corona virus has affected a whole lot of things around the world. Schools, churhes have gone online, some businesses folding up, everyone kinda always in their homes to prevent the spread per say. Those who care about their body size are scared of not getting too big. Fortunately, you can take control by changing your habits today. Here are some little things that can make you gain fat and why you should reduce them.

1. Eating Fast.

Now you’re home, you’re not rushing to work, to meet the bus, to class. So eating Fast can do lots of ham than good. Studies show that people who eat their meals quickly are more likely to be overweight or obese.

This is because it takes time for your body to tell your brain that it is full. Thus, people who eat quickly can easily eat more food than their body needs before feeling full.
So you’ll have to help yourself by consciously trying to eat slow. It may really get annoying for fast eaters, but you just have to try.

2. Not drinking enough water.

About 16-28% of adults are dehydrated. Not drinking enough water can make you thirsty. Interestingly, thirst may be mistaken as a sign of hunger or food cravings by the body.
As plain as this is, it’s one of the little things that can make you gain fat.

3. Not getting enough sleep.

More than half of Nigerians don’t get enough sleep. They tend to work 20/24hrs of the day. Unfortunately, lack of sleep is strongly linked to weight gain. This is due to many factors, including hormonal changes and a lack of motivation to exercise.

In one study, scientists analyzed the sleeping habits of over 68,000 women over 16 years. They discovered that women who slept fewer than 5 hours per night had a much higher risk of gaining weight than people who slept 7 hours or more (1).

What’s worse, people who don’t get enough sleep are more likely to gain belly fat, or visceral fat. Carrying more visceral fat is linked to a higher risk of harmful diseases like heart disease and type 2 diabetes.

4. Sitting for too long.

In Western countries, the average adult sits for 9 to 11 hours per day. Although it seems harmless, studies show that people who sit longer are more likely to be overweight. In addition, they have higher risks of chronic diseases and early death.

For example, an analysis of six studies of nearly 600,000 people found that adults who sat for longer than 10 hours per day, such as the average office worker, had a 34% higher risk of an early death.

Interestingly, studies have also found that people who sit the longest don’t seem to make up for the time they spent sitting with exercise.

If your work involves sitting for long intervals, make sure you exercise either before work, during lunch or after work a few times per week.

5. Eating with distraction.

Many people do not release their phones at time of meals Contacting others, watching Netflix, surfing the internet kinda distract your eating.

These distractions leads to an increase in the amount of food you consume. Also by not paying attention to the food eaten, you could even eat more during the day.

6. Not eating enough protein.

A lack of protein in your diet might be making you gain fat. This important nutrient can help you stay fuller for longer while eating less food.

Protein tells the body to make more fullness hormones like peptide YY, GIP and GLP-1. It also tells the body to make fewer hunger hormones like ghrelin.

Studies have also shown that a higher protein diet can help boost your metabolism and preserve muscle mass — two factors important for maintaining a healthy weight.

To increase your protein intake, try eating more protein-rich foods like eggs, meats, fish, beans etc.

7. Eating from large plates & bowls.

The size of your plate/bowl has a great effect on how much food you consume without you even knowing.

When serving your food with a large plate, your food tends to look small even if you’ve taken multiple serving spoons. So help yourself with eating from small plates to reduce the amount of food you consume.

See the rest 13 from the Source @ https://jitefarms.com/ and please try and bookmark cause I'll be dropping more contents everyday

Re: 20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation by josh123(m): 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
I'm so thin, i will try this method
Re: 20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation by Jitefarms: 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
josh123:
I'm so thin, i will try this method
Lol... People dey run from am, you dey want am
Re: 20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation by josh123(m): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jitefarms:
Lol... People dey run from am, you dey want am
I slim oo, i need am
Re: 20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
I wan add weight Abeg.
Re: 20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation by Jitefarms: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
josh123:
I slim oo, i need am
but you know there are some persons that can't just add flesh like that no matter the amount of food they consume... You might just be that person... I nor talkooo
Re: 20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation by josh123(m): 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jitefarms:
but you know there are some persons that can't just add flesh like that no matter the amount of food they consume... You might just be that person... I nor talkooo
Bros the thing tire me oo my friends don laugh me tire
Re: 20 Little Things That Can Make You Gain Fat During Isolation by Jitefarms: 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
josh123:
Bros the thing tire me oo my friends don laugh me tire
But you know some girls do like guys like you, slim... Hope ya tall, then dark kinda...

(1) (Reply)

Convid 19: Some Controversial Issues In Nigeria. / COVID-19: Primate Ayodele Predicts When Vaccine Will Be Discovered / SA Gets 1000 Ventilators From US, Nigeria 250 As Washington Sends 8000 Globally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.