Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Nigerian Passport Holders Are Not The Only Ones Treated Badly At Airports - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport Holders Are Not The Only Ones Treated Badly At Airports (616 Views)

FAAN Bans ‘Ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports / All Female Air Traffic Control Personnel Take Charge At Airports (Photo) / South Africa Frustrates Evacuation, Arrests Home-bound Nigerians At Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Holders Are Not The Only Ones Treated Badly At Airports by shadeag(f): 12:16am On Apr 25, 2020
Every single time I visit Malaysia, the immigration officer gives a weird look to me, it's like I am going there to do a robbery. When I show them the Singapore employment pass, they get assured that I am not a robber.

But the most embarrassing situation I faced was in Bali Airport when the immigration officer saw my Bangladeshi passport, he just asked me to stand on another side as if I am already convicted. I had Indonesian Business visa, and I already been to Indonesia more than 5 times before. But they didn’t scan my passport at all, they started questioning me why I am at Bali, how many people with me, what is my purpose of visiting Bali.

I gave them all the answers and told them to scan the passport first then they will find out all the answers. But no, the immigration officer called a superior officer.

This officer asked the same questions, and after 15 minutes, they decided to scan the passport. And found out that I am a business visa holder and I work for a prominent Indonesian company. Even after confirming my credentials, they started to check whether my visa vignette is original or not.

Sigh! after around 30 minutes, they cleared my passport and permitted me to enter Bali.

Note that, I do not blame any of this immigration officer for acting like this. It's simply because of the Bangladeshi passport’s value and the previous history of illegal immigration from Bangladeshi passport holders.

copied from quora
Re: Nigerian Passport Holders Are Not The Only Ones Treated Badly At Airports by pfadom: 12:59am On Apr 25, 2020
Where are you from? What is your nationality?
Bangladeshi?
Naija?
Singaporean?
Malaysian?
Re: Nigerian Passport Holders Are Not The Only Ones Treated Badly At Airports by TheCongo2: 2:52am On Apr 26, 2020
pfadom:
Where are you from? What is your nationality?
Bangladeshi?
Naija?
Singaporean?
Malaysian?

Lol..... grin grin grin...I was asking myself the same thing

(1) (Reply)

Australia Visa...please Help / Hello Guys, International Students Are Excluded From EU Travel Ban / Obudu Cattle Ranch??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.