Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) (3832 Views)

Jailbreak: Ikoyi Prison On Fire (Video) / Ogwashi Uku Prison Accused Of Negligence leading to Death of Inmates / Living Conditions Of Inmates In Warri Prison (Disturbing Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 25, 2020
This prison that was most recently renamed a correctional facility is nothing to write home about. The prison is densely populated and most of the inmates have no bed space and thus have to sleep on the floor.

Only those that have the financial means are allocated bed space, which cost around 20k and above .

This is a call to the government to please decongest this prisons and make adequate provision for this inmates to be able to live properly and be well rehabilitated , otherwise they come out even to become tougher criminals.

In the wake of this global pandemic of Covid-19 , social distancing here is a complete myth, if one of this inmates gets affected, the ripple effect is better imagined.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nitah1: 8:11am On Apr 25, 2020
Where the pisure?
This ones are not new na
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2020
Nitah1:
Where the pisure?
Refresh post
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 25, 2020
Because of lack of space, some inmates sleep under the bed, 170 inmates in one cell
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Davash222(m): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2020
The guy sleeping on top of the bed alone must be real egbon. It takes years of ruggedity
and some cash to attain to that level. I salute him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 25, 2020
That bowl of beans is allocated to 2 inmates , that's the daily breakfast
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Davash222(m): 8:19am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:
Is that beans or watery poo
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 25, 2020
Davash222:

Is that beans or watery poo

That's the daily breakfast, then they bring EBA in the afternoon , and garri around 4 or 5 in the evening
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Renida: 8:21am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:

Yes. I said what I said cause I confirmed it
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by majamajic(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2020
The guy inside the mosquito net , the guy must have been there for God knows when ,

Guys aviod anything that will land u here , some are there mistakenly but try as much , live clean !

5 Likes

Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 25, 2020
majamajic:
The guy inside the mosquito net , the guy must have been there for God knows when ,

Guys aviod anything that will land u here , some are there mistakenly but try as much , live clean !

No matter how long you stay in the prison, if you don't have money, your case is hopeless, you will sleep on the floor like everyone else

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Davash222(m): 8:26am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:

That's the daily breakfast, then they bring EBA in the afternoon , and garri around 4 or 5 in the evening
They're even balancing their diets over there. I've been on red oil rice since last week, twice a day(1 0 1)
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by majamajic(m): 8:28am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:

No matter how long you stay in the prison, if you don't have money, your case is hopeless, you will sleep on the floor like everyone else

So no one sleeping in the mosquito netted bed ?
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 25, 2020
Davash222:

They're even balancing their diets over there. I've been on red oil rice since last week, twice a day(1 0 1)

Oh you want variety? Come be my guest!
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 25, 2020
majamajic:

So no one sleeping in the mosquito netted bed ?

Only inmates that have money and can afford to pay for bed space, everyone else sleeps on the floor
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by majamajic(m): 8:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Davash222:

Are writing from prison now bro ?
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Davash222(m): 8:30am On Apr 25, 2020
majamajic:

Are writing from prison now bro ?
As long as you're living in Nigeria, you're in prison!

3 Likes

Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Davash222(m): 8:31am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:

Oh you want variety? Come be my guest!
No, thanks.
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 25, 2020
More pictures to be updated soon
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by majamajic(m): 8:33am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:

Only inmates that have money and can afford to pay for bed space, everyone else sleeps on the floor

Not about how long , like in normal police cell
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Renida: 8:34am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:
More pictures to be updated soon

Okay. From the crowd photo I see, it almost looks like a scenario where their cases are not even been taken up. Can you clarify on this?, are humanitarian agencies doing anything to take up some cases of persons held in the prison?
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by majamajic(m): 8:35am On Apr 25, 2020
Davash222:

As long as you're living in Nigeria, you're in prison!

Ok I understand u , u are talking about lockdown

God will help us , it's just 2 days remaining , hang on bro
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 25, 2020
majamajic:

Not about how long , like in normal police cell

To sleep near the wall, you have to pay 15k , nothing is free in prison , especially sleeping space
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 25, 2020
Renida:

Okay. From the crowd photo I see, it almost looks like a scenario where their cases are not even been taken up. Can you clarify on this?, are humanitarian agencies doing anything to take up some cases of persons held in the prison?

If you don't have a personal paid lawyer, its very difficult to get a date in court
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 25, 2020
Renida:

And that's the reason for the congestion, so may people are awaiting trial , and haven't even been to court for their case to be heard , and until you get a proper sentence by the court, the stay in prison is literally indefinite
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Renida: 8:43am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:

If you don't have a personal paid lawyer, its very difficult to get a date in court

I see. Keep posting pictures. Be as discreet as you can. If you can get up to 40-50 pictures over a one month period, and post them here we can keep forwarding this thread to people with the hope it gets to persons who have the authority and position to effect a change on the system.

Our prayers are with you guys
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Renida: 8:44am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:

And that's the reason for the congestion, so may people are awaiting trial , and haven't even been to court for their case to be heard , and until you get a proper sentence by the court, the stay in prison is literally indefinite

" literally indefinite ".

We will work on this thread and try to see if up to 10,000 persons can see this thread and maybe some persons that can effect a change can do something about it.

2 Likes

Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 25, 2020
Renida:

I see. Keep posting pictures. Be as discreet as you can. If you can get up to 40-50 pictures over a one month period, and post them here we can keep forwarding this thread to people with the hope it gets to persons who have the authority and position to effect a change on the system.

Our prayers are with you guys

The living conditions in the prison is terrible
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Renida: 8:48am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:

The living conditions in the prison is terrible

I've been hearing this for a while. Do churches come to the aid of inmates. How about disease breakout given the unhealthy living conditions?

1 Like

Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=Renida post=88828397]

I've been hearing this for a while. Do churches come to the aid of inmates. How about disease breakout given the unhealthy living conditions?

/quote]

OK sir , will do that
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Renida: 8:52am On Apr 25, 2020
PleaseRead:

OK sir , will do that

E
Re: The Inhumane Treatment Of Inmates At The Ikoyi Prison, (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 25, 2020
Renida:

Erase my comment you quoted above where I gave you hints. Also keep updating this thread with pictures

Done , and more pictures will be uploaded soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Photos Of Little Children Killed In Fresh Adamawa Fulani/farmers Clash / In Abuja, Man Mourns His Close Girlfriend Who Died From COVID-19. PHOTOS / Can a woman fight off a Rapist on her own?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.