Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1100078 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by R0LL0N(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
slimdolyin:
Tuition fee deposit 7140 - 11,500 = 4360 tuition balance.
4360 + 9207 = 13,567.
13,567 * 530 = 7,190,510million naira.
It's over euongh if your school is out London.

Using oanda rate you are still on right trackm is your sch outside London?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by R0LL0N(m): 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2020
R0LL0N:

Using oanda rate you are still on right trackm is your sch outside London?
Those agent are using black market rate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2020
iJayWrites:
Hello guys. @Mimilyrics @justwise @Lagosismyhome @Aprokodaughter

Please, is it safe to make a print out of my bank statement from November 1st - til date ?
My agent is advising this because of lack of activities in my statement of account. I’ve had the money available for more than 6 months now. Deferred my admission owing to COVID-19 uncertainties, and the money itself has remained untouched since then.

Please respond.

You dont need to make any transactions on the account at all as far as the money you need to satisfy the requirement is there

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2020
Decision mail just dropped from UKVI Pretoria. Biometrics was on 18th December at Abuja!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hello kcmontez, has DHL delivered your passport?

kcmontez:
Just got my decision mail. Biometrics was on Dec. 14th at Abuja.
Priority.

Na DHL be the next prayer point now!�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ehiwuogwuu(f): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
Congratulations bruv... cheers to a new life.

[Qquote author=kingsilly post=97354269]
No crowd at all at VI, went to check if mine was available yesterday, but got mine today
Visa Alert !!!
Got mine today
Submitted on Monday for wife and I
Super Priority [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by EmeraldMars: 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
Is it still possible to get biometrics date this year?

Is TLS going on break till new year?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chyy59731: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2020
PtBlank:
Decision mail just dropped from UKVI Pretoria. Biometrics was on 18th December at Abuja!
Is it priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
Yes, it is.
Chyy59731:

Is it priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Whalesluv: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
It doesn't matter, so far the first name and surname is there for the parents, its all good. Similar to mine. Visa was granted.

Do Ensure to write the consent letter for each child though, signed by both parent.

sherilycious:
Please I just realized my children birth certificate has just my surname and first name, my middle name isnt on it. Please is this going to be a problem? We have already done biometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tochez1(f): 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
Is anyone going to Brunel University London? I'm trying to wrap my head around their accommodation options undecided
Kindly message me smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Temitopegold221: 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
Please someone should explain to me how to pay for ihs and visa fee... The money is already on my paga wallet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheLasyBuddha: 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
I do have a question:

My girlfriend and I have been planning on leaving for the UK in September. She's applied for a PhD scholarship and if she gets it, we may have to move to the UK for her studies.
This scholarship value covers for dependents, of which they are entitled to about £240 per month for 9 months and about £1100 per month for the recipient. Will these amounts be enough to show during our Tier 4 application we're capable of taking care of our living cost during our stay?

I hope to take up a social care job to augment our allowance until I look for a job. I'm a trained social worker.

TIA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
TheLasyBuddha:
I do have a question:

My girlfriend and I have been planning on leaving for the UK in September. She's applied for a PhD scholarship and if she gets it, we may have to move to the UK for her studies.
This scholarship value covers for dependents, of which they are entitled to about £240 per month for 9 months and about £1100 per month for the recipient. Will these amounts be enough to show during our Tier 4 application we're capable of taking care of our living cost during our stay?

I hope to take up a social care job to augment our allowance until I look for a job. I'm a trained social worker.

TIA.

This depends on the location of her study.

Is the uni in London or outside London?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheLasyBuddha: 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
mattfeuter:

This depends on the location of her study.
Is the uni in London or outside London?
Outside of London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cousiim: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
Tochez1:
Is anyone going to Brunel University London? I'm trying to wrap my head around their accommodation options undecided
Kindly message me smiley

I thought you were going to UWL?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
The scholarship funds are insufficient. The student, your girlfriend, has to show £1,023 monthly * 9 months for maintenance (excluding fees which should already be covered by the scholarship) while you as the dependant, will need to show £680 monthly * 9 months. You'll have to support the scholarship letter with your bank statement showing the cost deficit for at least 28 days prior to your application.

Also, for you to apply as her dependant, you will need to provide variety of documents to prove that you've lived together and that you've been in a genuine relationship for the last 2 years. This usually includes and isn't limited to, joint account statement, joint utility bills, account statements showing that your addresses are the same, driver's licence showing both of you as living at the same address, evidence of things you've paid for together, and joint tenancy agreement amongst other documents.
A cover letter detailing how you met and your relationship specifics is also advised to enable the ECO understand the relationship in relation to your application. Each case using this approach will be treated on a case by case basis.

In my opinion, you'll be better off joining her as a married partner as proving that you've been in a genuine relationship (in this context) in a country like Nigeria is usually difficult because it's not commonplace for partners to pay jointly for bills, rent and the likes. This makes it difficult to get the required documents to prove this.

Is there any reason why you aren't committed enough to marry her but committed enough to travel with her? Are you making the application in order to circumvent the student visa rules after you arrive the UK? Sorry if these questions seem intrusive but these are some of the likely questions that will likely occur to the ECO seeing as there's a large pool of Nigerian applicants and in most cases, this kind of situation isn't the norm among Nigerian visa applicants.
TheLasyBuddha:
I do have a question:

TIA.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by caleb00(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
How did you book your TB test

hotboss:
Hello house. My processing has been paused bcz of ATAS Certificate which I just received yesterday.
I booked a new Tb test which is now 18th of january.

Proof of funds is raedy. Amd I'm sure that CAS can be ready by then. Do u think I can apply for VISA around that period for a course starting 28th january?

Please gurus. I need advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by caleb00(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
Where did all these olodo agents come from?

iJayWrites:
Hello guys. @Mimilyrics @justwise @Lagosismyhome @Aprokodaughter

Please, is it safe to make a print out of my bank statement from November 1st - til date ?
My agent is advising this because of lack of activities in my statement of account. I’ve had the money available for more than 6 months now. Deferred my admission owing to COVID-19 uncertainties, and the money itself has remained untouched since then.

Please respond.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by caleb00(m): 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
U remember following you up by email about university of west London, you changed your mind?

Tochez1:
Kindly message me smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kcmontez: 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
Yes o!

VIsa Alert!!!!!!!

Submission: 11th Dec
Biometrics; 14th
Decision mail: 21st
DHL delivery: 23rd

Waiting for dependents who just submitted today.

Northampton here we come!

PtBlank:
Hello kcmontez, has DHL delivered your passport?

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tochez1(f): 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2020
Cousiim:

I thought you were going to UWL?

I got a more reasonable scholarship at brunel compared to UWL so i have switched.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tochez1(f): 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
caleb00:
U remember following you up by email about university of west London, you changed your mind?

I got a better discount from brunel, thankfully i had not yet paid for uwl. Have you gotten admission there yet?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dulahi770: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
Any 4th biometrics standard that have gotten decision or collection mail??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
Congratulations
kcmontez:

Yes o!

VIsa Alert!!!!!!!

Biometrics; 14th

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cousiim: 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2020
Tochez1:

I got a more reasonable scholarship at brunel compared to UWL so i have switched.

Ok well-done
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iCode2: 7:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
kcmontez:

Yes o!

VIsa Alert!!!!!!!

Biometrics; 14th

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kooolkunlex: 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Please I need to know if the VAC ikeja will be closed till next year or they are still open for biometrics and collection of visa??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by monjhaay: 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
kcmontez:

Yes o!

VIsa Alert!!!!!!!

Biometrics; 14th

Congratulations!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by caleb00(m): 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
No I didn’t , I called them on Monday and they said this week. To be honest I’m tired. Oh and congrats on Brunel, it’s very close to here I stay in London.

Tochez1:
I got a better discount from brunel, thankfully i had not yet paid for uwl. Have you gotten admission there yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bsado: 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
Good evening , Thank you for the assistance as i have been able to complete my Visa application. I however noticed that when applying for my dependant,the IHS fee that the system is calculating is lesser than mine.Is this normal?The system asked for my visa expiry date for my dependant's application and since i do not have a visa yet ,we used my course end date.is this the right thing to do and why is their IHS fee lesser than mine?Please advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 8:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
They're only supposed to close on 25th, 28th and 1st
kooolkunlex:
Please I need to know if the VAC ikeja will be closed till next year or they are still open for biometrics and collection of visa??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.