Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1094877 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Oh okay, how much was the discount?

My friend in UWL got almost £5000. He kept on bargaining everytime they called to check on his offer grin. These universities are desperate this year o. It is well

I got 4500 discount

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
Phatkings:

Jejely opt for c or d

C is Jan 2021 so I might be facing the new IHS fee then and possibly increase tuition fee.

Still thinking though.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ahmadinho2010(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
Cigbojugha:

I got 4500 discount

Please which school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
Phenmeson:

Do you mean over 400 or 4000death yesterday.
If is 4000,may be the news is from Alaroye newspaper news �
. My people, I will not advice any student to pay any tuition deposit now,in order to be in a safer side.Only God knows what will happen in UK educational sector this year.But no matter what,Everything work together for our Good.Shalom

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
This Rona has scattered everything might defer to January. cry not sure if my course has a January class.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Oh okay, how much was the discount?

My friend in UWL got almost £5000. He kept on bargaining everytime they called to check on his offer grin. These universities are desperate this year o. It is well
. That's just the beginning. I mention it here.over desperate dey worry them this time.Mark it some where,Home Office will relax Tier 4 student visa to the minimum level when they resume,because it seems like UK is heading to Recession, so all the whole sector of their economy are doing everything possible to sustain the economy. But it won't be long they will bounce back.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lupara: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
Please house, is it possible for Part-time applicants to be issued visa as fast as full time applicants?...

Justwise, hosey, tobexin, STENON
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
pretty1986:
. That's just the beginning. I mention it here.over desperate dey worry them this time.Mark it some where,Home Office will relax Tier 4 student visa to the minimum level when they resume,because it seems like UK is heading to Recession, so all the whole sector of their economy are doing everything possible to sustain the economy. But it won't be long they will bounce back.

For the umpteenth time, you have said this as though you have any concrete evidence.
The UK student visa rules is one (if not) the most relaxed in the Developed world.
Which relaxation are you talking about again?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
ahmadinho2010:

Please which school

Northumbria university London campus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lupara:
Please house, is it possible for Part-time applicants to be issued visa as fast as full time applicants?...

You can’t study part time in the UK as international student.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
pretty1986:

Did they relax visa rule in 2008 during recession?

If there is going to be a recession it’s not only the UK, almost the whole world will bear the blunt including Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gavrelino123: 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
Phenmeson:

Do you mean over 400 or 4000death yesterday.
If is 4000,may be the news is from Alaroye newspaper news �

4,000 Plus .....it was crazy yesterday....

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by atrix4g(m): 6:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
Anybody please?
atrix4g:
Hello guys,
I got a conditional later turned unconditional offer to take a Pgcert distance learning course at Swansea University which would require a 3day one on one class.

What specific type of Visa would I need? I would not want to stay up to a week there.

Would I need to have that said money in my account?

I would love to know if there are any other things I would need to know that could be if benefit.

Please feel free to comment and advise. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 6:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
justwise:

Did they relax visa rule in 2008 during recession?

If there is going to be a recession it’s not only the UK, almost the whole world will bear the blunt including Nigeria.
Good evening my boss.you are correct, but one of the reason I said so is that I read from a news on net,where one personnel from educational sector is suggesting to Home Office to Relax student visa as one of the measures to attract foreign student, rather than to reduce tuition fee to attract foreign student. please Justwise can you explain this issue of UK government introducing student Cap,in order to control the number of students each university will admit,though many universities in UK are kicking against it.pls throw more light on it .thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gavrelino123: 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Cigbojugha:

I got 4500 discount

What university is this?

2 years Masters?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
I agree with you, but I doubt that they will have mercy for someone that doesn’t meet all requirements. Visa rules will still be the same regardless of the situation with possible increase in IHS fees. The universities are only trying to secure students as a way of managing their liquidity, has nothing to do with home office.
pretty1986:
Good evening my boss.you are correct, but one of the reason I said so is that I read from a news on net,where one personnel from educational sector is suggesting to Home Office to Relax student visa as one of the measures to attract foreign student, rather than to reduce tuition fee to attract foreign student. please Justwise can you explain this issue of UK government introducing student Cap,in order to control the number of students each university will admit,though many universities in UK are kicking against it.pls throw more light on it .thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 6:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
Gavrelino123:

Boss the news is not legit. It can be 4000+ cases and not deaths. If is 4000deaths,the country will not be thinking of sectors opening back soon. Flight departure rates are increasing in UK.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
Gavrelino123:

What university is this?

2 years Masters?

Northumbria university

Yes 2yrs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gavrelino123: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
Phenmeson:

Boss the news is not legit. It can be 4000+ cases and not deaths. If is 4000deaths,the country will not be thinking of sectors opening back soon. Flight departure rates are increasing in UK.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/29/coronavirus-uk-covid-19-death-toll-soars-as-government-includes-care-home-victims-for-firs

They were unrecorded Deaths from London and it accumulated.....that was what happened.

The 765 Deaths was inclusive with the unrecorded deaths from London....and it Summed up to 4,419 Deaths.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gavrelino123: 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
Cigbojugha:

Northumbria university

Yes 2yrs

Nice.....What was the Total initially?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
yusufDeveloper:

You got offer at NUN? Your course?

Yea... Forensic accounting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
You can't study on part-time basis as an international student in the UK; only full-time study is permitted for international students.
Lupara:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
It was just over 400 deaths. Deaths from care homes were previously not added to the daily count but were added yesterday. The increase was as a result of 3,811 backdated coronavirus fatalities which were added onto the total count yesterday.

Gavrelino123:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gavrelino123: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
mimilyrics:
It was just over 400 deaths. Deaths from care homes were previously not added to the daily count but were added yesterday. The increase was as a result of 3,811 backdated coronavirus fatalities which were added onto the total count yesterday.

Chief, You are partly correct.

Correction!!!!

Over 4,000 not 400.

Even BBC showed it was over 4,000 yesterday..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Please who is listening to Boris Johnson's press conference?

"The UK is now past the peak of coronavirus. Next week, we will set out a comprehensive plan on restarting the economy and reopening schools." - Boris Johnson

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
Your school will be better placed to advise on what visa would be suitable for you because the visa you will apply for will depend on your school's license for that particular program. And yes, you'd need to have enough money to cover your travel expenses in your account+ a 6 month bank statement (No lump lodgements) + letter from your school and other requirements like in visit visas.

2 visa options
You can apply for the standard visitor visa but studying (not more than 30 days) shouldn't be the main reason for your visit.
Otherwise, you'd have to apply for the Short-term study visa. Short-term study visa is only for schools/courses with Tier 4 licenses (not sure that a Distance Learning Program is covered under T4) or listed by the following:
Accreditation Body for Language Services, Accreditation Service for International Colleges, Accreditation UK, British Accreditation Council, Education and Training Inspectorate (in Northern Ireland), Estyn (in Wales), Education Scotland, Independent Schools Inspectorate, Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted), Office for Students, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education

atrix4g:
Hello guys,
I got a conditional later turned unconditional offer to take a Pgcert distance learning course at Swansea University which would require a 3day one on one class.

What specific type of Visa would I need? I would not want to stay up to a week there.

Would I need to have that said money in my account?

I would love to know if there are any other things I would need to know that could be if benefit.

Please feel free to comment and advise. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
Gavrelino123:

Correction!!!!

Over 4,000 not 400.

Was it 4000deaths just yesterday April 29th or 4000 unrecorded in general since the pandemic. I watched BBC news yesterday but can't found it on any. Prime minister can't think of getting the economy back if UK recorded 4000death rate just for a day. Since the outbreak, the maximum daily death rate in UK is less than 1200. Look on the chart

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
It's a suggestion, not UKVI's modus operandi.
pretty1986:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
It's not 4,000, it was just a little over 400. The number only rose due to the addition of the backlog of care home deaths.

Gavrelino123:

Correction!!!!

Over 4,000 not 400.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
Previously unrecorded deaths.
Phenmeson:

Was it 4000deaths just yesterday April 29th or 4000 unrecorded in general since the pandemic. I watched BBC news yesterday but can't found it on any. Prime minister can't think of getting the economy back if UK recorded 4000death rate just for a day. Since the outbreak, the maximum daily death rate in UK is less than 1200. Look on the chart

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.