Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 (29004 Views)

BUA Donates Additional ₦350 Million To CACOVID / Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Ambulances, 20 Vehicles To Kano COVID-19 Taskforce / 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by aminulive: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
Billionaire businessman and philanthropist, Abdulsamad Rabiu has donated an additional N3.3 billion naira to fight the deadly COVID-19 pandemic currently ravaging the country. It will be recalled that the mogul has previously donated N1.6 billion naira; N1 billion through the private sector fund and N600 million to various state governments.

POLITICS NIGERIA gathered that in a letter written to the Presidential Task-force on COVID-19, Rabiu announced the donation will be made via his BUA Foundation.

"Based on what is going on especially in Kano at the moment, we have decided in the immediate, to commit a 3.3 billion Naira grant to a working group made of the Presidential Taskforce, NCDC and other stakeholders in equipping 2 existing permanent facilities in Kano and Lagos States - whilst collaborating with the teaching hospitals in those states."

"To this end, I am immediately committing and making available - through the BUA Foundation, two grants of Two Billion Naira for the Kano-based intervention and One Billion Naira for Lagos state being the two epicentres of this virus in Nigeria. A sum of N300million will also be made available immediately in cash to the Presidential Task Force to assist with logistical and operational activities of the task force. This grant is in addition to BUA’s earlier contributions to the private sector-led CA-COVID coalition and donations to other states."

"The working group will be expected to use resources at its disposal to ensure these facilities - to be determined by the Working Group - are fully equipped in the shortest possible time. I believe this will effectively help to expand the scope of interventions, ongoing research, as well as support, already stretched medical facilities dedicated to this fight." the letter read in part
https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-billionaire-abdulsamad-rabiu-donates-additional-n3-3-billion-to-fight-covid-19/

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Bola146(f): 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
Money is sweet and good!!!!

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Iamgrey5(m): 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
We need to test test test test

The united nations human rights organization have said that people are not the problem but the virus

So restrictions of people implementated by governments should have a clear objective.

The objective is to enable government test enough people.

8 Likes

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by helinues: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nonsense

Imagine how many relief materials that amount will buy only if not audio

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Ausmos: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
Quite impressive Alhaji Abdulsamad. Please ensure it doesn't pass through the fingers of Mr 15 billion naira in that State. Ensure proper supervision and coordination the way you run BUA. Thanks for stepping up to save the situation.
Wish more wealthy guys in Kano will toe this path. We should be coming out of the wood soon.
God bless.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
Scam

Meet CBN and ask him to disburse it to BVN of Nigerians.

No dey give FG money to loot

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Sylraph1: 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
That is if the govt will utilise it for the main reason it was donated...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Pr0cter: 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
Let me tell you all one fact.

This billionaire doesn't care about you.

The reason for the donation to Federal Government is for favourable business policies so that he can make more billions and not necessarily because he has the masses at heart.

Same intention goes with UBA, AccessBank, and many other organizations.

So don't be angry when they don't give you the money directly. They know what they are doing.

210 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by ignis: 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
The poster above me is making lots of sense and has said the fact.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by YorubaKinging: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
The end is near

And only the righteous will be saved by God
He will take them all to a place already provided by Him, free from war and oppressors and hungers and famines

He will hide them for a time and two times and a half time until the bad days be passed

Please try as much to be righteous doing all things which is right.

Stop internet Frauds, masturbating, excessive smoking and drinking which leads to fornication

Walai talai if you don't repent, you'll surely regret

Because all these messages will be a witness against you

For you heard and you turned not from your wicked ways

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Johnson5258: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
Thank you sir
Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by oluwasegun007(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
Don't give them cash, don't give them they will not hear..

Use the money to buy PPE and important equipment to fight this virus..

Anyways God bless the giver.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by saintol(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
If you already know the money will be...................... Say "I", If you don't know say " nil". The "I"s have it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by udoka55555: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
You try...but.,

You for give CACOVID the money instead of FG...

I don't know why but I trust CACOVID more.
Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by kolafolabi(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
Good gesture..

1 Like

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by engrcos001(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
Good one

1 Like

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Sunnycliff(m): 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
This is great. Let one billion be used as food palliatives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Dobson43: 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2020

If only these money would do what it's stipulated to do. Nigerian politics and money nor dey Waka the road
Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by grandstar(m): 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
Waste of noney

I feel it's best he finds out what is needed, buys it and donates.

I doubt money given to government is judiciously spent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Happyguy201: 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
indiviuals are doing more than the goverment foolish president buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
Kudos to him for his kind gesture.
Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by TruthSpeaker: 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nice gesture
Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
All this donations from numerous companies and NGOs and still no alert for person bank!! I think Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world if not first!!

10 Likes

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by omoadeleye(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ibu owo
Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by SweetCunt97(f): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
Audio
Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by olatade(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
How much did atiku donate sef?

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by pabon(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
Commendable.
Re: Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by ernie1234(m): 4:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
How I wish these our billionaires can simply do the transfer of the said donations to individuals accounts through simple BVN.....

As far as I am concerned, it's Audio ohhhh... ���

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banned Drugs In Nigerian Market (procold!) / Good Sex Great For Your Physical, Psychological Health / Sanwo-Olu Comissions 118-Bed Isolation Center At Gbagada General Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.